users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 117 118 119 ... 148 149 150
By SimonSes 2023-05-28 10:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Disclai said: »
AegParm said: »
Are any of the area bosses soloable besides Ghatjot?

As far as I'm aware, only A & E have been solo'd. Don't see how the others could be feasibly solo'd.

G should be soloable assuming SCH can land gravity I think. It won't do 30k move until it gets close to you and it's not like it is good as closing distance even without gravity, because it keeps stopping to attack from distance.
By AegParm 2023-05-28 12:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Are any of the area bosses soloable besides Ghatjot?

As far as I'm aware, only A & E have been solo'd. Don't see how the others could be feasibly solo'd.

Thank you! Is E the same strat as A?
 Asura.Disclai
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2023-05-28 12:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Is E the same strat as A?

Here's a couple of streams where Lute solo'd it on RDM or SCH:

SCH:

YouTube Video Placeholder

RDM:

Notably, this was with Cornelia. Probably a little bit harder without her since you won't be able to haste cap with an unkillable trust.
[+]
By AegParm 2023-05-28 14:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome, thank you!!
 Ragnarok.Bepe
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2023-05-29 10:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

My group is having trouble with the D/H boss using the mage strat. We understand the mechanics of the switching elements and changing the skillchains and magic burst accordingly, however we seem to do much less damage to it compared to the other 6 bosses. Same old comp of geo sch sch blm cor run. Blm is using burn and geo is using indi int for basement versions, haven't been using impact because I was under the assumption it resisted it greatly.

Any tips for the D/H boss that we may be forgetting? I'm assuming all 4 mages should be magic bursting even with the nuke wall as long as blm goes first?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-05-29 10:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Bepe said: »
My group is having trouble with the D/H boss using the mage strat. We understand the mechanics of the switching elements and changing the skillchains and magic burst accordingly, however we seem to do much less damage to it compared to the other 6 bosses. Same old comp of geo sch sch blm cor run. Blm is using burn and geo is using indi int for basement versions, haven't been using impact because I was under the assumption it resisted it greatly.

Any tips for the D/H boss that we may be forgetting? I'm assuming all 4 mages should be magic bursting even with the nuke wall as long as blm goes first?

We use monks roll to prevent him from switching much. Sch that is making sc has to be on point, starting next sc right when the first is ending. A lot of sch I see try to get a third burst in and delays whole team by 5-10 seconds
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2023-05-29 21:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

anybody have any tips for meleeing b/f? The setup we normally have is tank sam brd cor/rdm geo whm

The discussion page on the wiki has this- wondering how much this strategy relies on MS/soul enslavement
Quote:
Melee Strat
We have been actively working on this and seem to have found a solid solution:

Keep attack buffs low so he can't steal them. Cancel Protect. Stack as many non-attack buffs as possible. He can start with Wind Hand or swap to it so the strategy stays the same. Hybrid MEVA,DT sets for everyone in range.

RUN WAR DRK BRD COR WHM

Run = Run things, Reso and Dimi usage. Battuta really helps as he steals buffs, use it before RD/WC.
War = Armor Break open, swapped to GS for Reso, Ground Strike, MS/BR
Drk = Apocalypse, use SE, use the good scythe ws's except Insurgency cuz Fusion
Cor = Chaos, Sam, SB spam, Wildcard after everyone uses SPs, Light shot dia.
Brd/Whm = HM, Victory March, Madrigal x2, wind carol, no debuffs to Gartell in case thunder hands came out
Whm = Baraera, Barsilencera, Dia II
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-05-30 04:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »

We use monks roll to prevent him from switching much. Sch that is making sc has to be on point, starting next sc right when the first is ending. A lot of sch I see try to get a third burst in and delays whole team by 5-10 seconds

Monks + Warlocks? or Wizards?
 Asura.Haxetc
By Asura.Haxetc 2023-05-30 05:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexprozius said: »

We have 1 SCH start in light arts with a prepped accession for weather as soon as he uses the first TP move. Getting a nice big helix is good. We have a Tabula saved for H as well as Bolster. Wizards/Monks. G-Malaise/I-Haste for D G-Malaise/I-INT for H I believe. We also Wild Card to get Rayke/Gambit back. He's usually dead after first SC after his second TP move. I put a weather on the BLM at least when he changes elements.
By SimonSes 2023-05-30 07:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Haxetc said: »
G-Frailty/I-Haste for D G-Frailty/I-INT

For a sec I thought you are talking about some melee burn with mages lol(Black Halos!), then I realized you probably confused Malaice and Frailty.
[+]
By Taint 2023-05-30 08:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
anybody have any tips for meleeing b/f? The setup we normally have is tank sam brd cor/rdm geo whm

The discussion page on the wiki has this- wondering how much this strategy relies on MS/soul enslavement
Quote:
Melee Strat

Keep attack buffs low so he can't steal them. Cancel Protect. Stack as many non-attack buffs as possible. He can start with Wind Hand or swap to it so the strategy stays the same. Hybrid MEVA,DT sets for everyone in range.

RUN WAR DRK BRD COR WHM

Run = Run things, Reso and Dimi usage. Battuta really helps as he steals buffs, use it before RD/WC.
Brd/Whm = HM, Victory March, Madrigal x2, wind carol, no debuffs to Gartell in case thunder hands came out

That was our group doing F with Melee. Its just not reliable, we had some clean wins and some grind it out wins but ultimately its not worth the effort.

Figuring out what causes Ixion to drop the chest will be the key to expanding melee comps.
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2023-05-30 09:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Figuring out what causes Ixion to drop the chest will be the key to expanding melee comps.

inb4 fully completed Prime Weapons will break the horn and cause the chest to drop.
[+]
 Asura.Haxetc
By Asura.Haxetc 2023-05-30 09:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Asura.Haxetc said: »
G-Frailty/I-Haste for D G-Frailty/I-INT

For a sec I thought you are talking about some melee burn with mages lol(Black Halos!), then I realized you probably confused Malaice and Frailty.
Lmao, yea I meant Malaise. Typed that up as I woke up lol
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-05-30 09:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Our group never uses Warlocks, DH is Monks + Wizards, everything else is Sam + Wizards.
By SimonSes 2023-05-30 11:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I think this will require some greater effort of entire community and probably some excel to write down everything that was checked as invalid and new ideas.

For example at this point I have no idea if someone tried killing elemental in order (on of each). Another idea would be if E is damage from back and G from front, maybe if H is kill fomors around then F is kill everything beside elemental around (possibly not everything, but only in area similar to what is needed for blue chest in E). Another idea would be kill elementals opposite to those where Ixion spawns.
[+]
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-05-30 12:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Our group never uses Warlocks, DH is Monks + Wizards, everything else is Sam + Wizards.
We've been having a devil of a time on Aita. I think right now our big issue is proccing the NM as quickly as possible. Is the general strat spamming nukes until the weakness is found, then immediately proccing it and applying monk's roll? Does this present an issue if you're not able to defeat it before vivisection since you'd have to proc it again?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-05-30 12:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Philemon said: »

We've been having a devil of a time on Aita. I think right now our big issue is proccing the NM as quickly as possible. Is the general strat spamming nukes until the weakness is found, then immediately proccing it and applying monk's roll? Does this present an issue if you're not able to defeat it before vivisection since you'd have to proc it again?

The weakness will be the corresponding element to the TP move they use.

Someone actually took the time to write this all down.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Aita
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-05-30 12:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, our blm calls out and procs blue right after the tp move goes off. We rarely see vivisection at all, when we do, it’s because something’s gone wrong. We get maybe one additional element change right before it dies. Blm just procs it immediately.
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-05-30 13:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry I'm not being clear, the issue is getting Aita to use the initial TP move so we can start SCing as soon as possible. Once it uses the TP move we're fine with the proc and immediate SCs.

Mainly I'm wondering if there's a trick to get it to do its first TP move faster and also how to use monk's roll effectively in this fight.
 Asura.Haxetc
By Asura.Haxetc 2023-05-30 13:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry I'm not being clear, the issue is getting Aita to use the initial TP move so we can start SCing as soon as possible. Once it uses the TP move we're fine with the proc and immediate SCs.

Mainly I'm wondering if there's a trick to get it to do its first TP move faster and also how to use monk's roll effectively in this fight.
His first TP move goes off with barely any interaction
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2023-05-30 14:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

That was our group doing F with Melee. Its just not reliable, we had some clean wins and some grind it out wins but ultimately its not worth the effort.

What do y'all do after aecg then?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Taint 2023-05-30 15:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

What do y'all do after aecg then?

Top floor lessor NMs. Flans if Thingy is in the room of 12. Naaks in E and Naaks at F.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2023-05-30 15:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Melee Strat

RUN WAR DRK BRD COR WHM

I've gone in and done geo brd whm sam cor.. i forget the 6th offhand. anyway, we just buff the sam and let him 4 step it down til it's dead.
By AegParm 2023-05-30 21:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM:

Notably, this was with Cornelia. Probably a little bit harder without her since you won't be able to haste cap with an unkillable trust.

How is he dealing with E boss poison here? Looks like he's using a venom pot to overwrite the status then erase it with a panacea? Is that...legal?
 Asura.Haxetc
By Asura.Haxetc 2023-05-30 22:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM:

How is he dealing with E boss poison here? Looks like he's using a venom pot to overwrite the status then erase it with a panacea? Is that...legal?
He got the metal from killing Botulus

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Taint 2023-05-31 16:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
Completed a 7 boss run tonight with a melee comp. DRK RNG BRD COR GEO WHM and killed C>G>A>E>D>H>B with about 2 mins left on the clock, had some really sloppy parts too so confident we can work on optimisation to get F boss included too.

We got A/E metals and skipped all others.

Also Monk's roll is totally OP in here.

Any info on H beyond don't let him TP?

F is extremely annoying with melee, but sounds doable.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 117 118 119 ... 148 149 150