Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 116 117 118 ... 144 145 146
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-05-13 17:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Was a discussion in discord about monster VIT which triggered me to go find the VIT of a couple Sortie mobs, which will be useful info whenever we get the Stage3 weapons to test for their stat values.

I tested Abject Leeches (good for piercing) and Abject Hecteye (good for slashing+piercing). Nothing for blunt/h2h, might get something for those another time. Would have to be something like fomors or pixies. Have data on slugs too but I need to check something else before I commit to those. I'll list them for now though.

Lv119 Abject Leech - 184VIT

Lv119 Abject Hecteye - 189VIT

Lv134 Esurient Slug - 311VIT

Things to consider for aspiring testers:

-Sortie is a generally unfriendly test environment due to the time limit.

-There is no easy way to test for fTP replication in Sortie. We can fudge it by manipulating ACC so that the first hit often misses but getting something to happen like only 1 of the last 3 hits landing would be hard. Much easier when you can go hit a NIN mob.

-Multihit weaponskill testing will be complicated because of the last point. We can't say whether fTP replicates or not, therefor we can't know specific fTP of each hit without spending a lot of plates. Getting the first hit fTP and full WS fTP would be 'easier' but still a pain in the ***.

-What Sortie will be good for is getting general data such as WS mods (unlikely to get exact WSC but will know what affects which WS at least) and a general idea of http://fTP. For ranged and single hit melee WS we can get much closer to an accurate set of values assuming the people testing are properly documenting all of the necessary information so that we can pool results into bigger sample sets.

What you'll need as a tester:

-Ruspix Plates to spare.

-Patience, and a lot of it.

-The ability to, without uncertainty, cap attack on your target mob for your job. For most jobs on ground floor enemies this means having a GEO to go with you for Frailty+Fury. For higher PDL jobs you likely need a bit more than that, and for basement mobs you'd need more support such as a BLU, and/or COR, and/or BRD, etc. especially for high PDL jobs.

-Stat flexibility. You want to be able to adjust your stats by a bit at a time to determine and pinpoint WSC values. Pieces of gear that adjust more than 1 stat can potentially be unreliable because you're affecting more than 1 component of WSC at a time on WSs that have more than 1 stat that affects its WSC. Accessories are usually the easiest pieces to use for this, but a lot of them can be tough to source.

-Good work ethic. Your data is meaningless if you can't document everything properly. Keeping track of your stats, buffs, debuffs, etc. can be important to getting a clear idea of what's happening with a WS. Keeping accurate accounting of your damage numbers, TP values, etc. is also very important. If your data can't be confidently tracked and mathed out then it is useless. These weaponskills could also be potentially complicated by other things such as ratio bonuses and the PDL aftermath, making healthy data even more important.

Ultimately only the dumbest among us (me) will try to test in there at all since it becomes significantly easier to test things when we can use the weaponskill anywhere we want. But this post is still important since there'll still be some people who are ignorant of how these things work who will want to "test" things in Sortie without a clear understanding of what they need or what they have to do. Just know that finding these numbers is a precise science and Sortie is a bad test environment for it, but not an impossible one.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
Server: Asura
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-05-14 03:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing the lords work
 Bahamut.Xeones
Server: Bahamut
user: Xeones
By Bahamut.Xeones 2023-05-20 22:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Been doing sortie on mostly geo and cor, and am getting close to having blm "ready", could anyone give me their quick run down of their blm duties in sortie? I get the obvious lol, but i'd really love to know from the expert BLMs, what your sortie runs look like?

ANY details anyone is willing to throw out helps, big or small, just want to make sure i'm covering everything i possibly can to help groups i join.

What are my expectations (besides nuking lol), how many nukes do you fit in mb windows? are there things you do to prep for a run? macros, temp items, etc. Are there specific bosses you need to do specific things on as blm?

Sorry if that's broad range, just want to do my best
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2023-05-21 00:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
We kill the H boss with WAR (solo multi-step SC, TP in Subtle Blow set), SMN (Mew spam, can AFAC <30% but I would say it's overkill most of the time), BRD, COR, GEO and WHM or healer trust.

What skillchain?
VIP
By Lili 2023-05-21 04:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
We kill the H boss with WAR (solo multi-step SC, TP in Subtle Blow set), SMN (Mew spam, can AFAC <30% but I would say it's overkill most of the time), BRD, COR, GEO and WHM or healer trust.

What skillchain?

Is there any true SC that is not Full Break|Steel Cyclone > Upheaval > Ukko's Fury|King's Justice > Upheaval?
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2023-05-21 12:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »

What skillchain?
Flaming Kick: Stardiver > Sonic Thrust > Impulse Drive (Disto > Dark)
Fulminous Smash: Fell Cleave > Upheaval > Steel Cyclone (Grav > Dark)
Flashflood / Icy Grasp / Eroding Flesh: King's Justice > Upheaval > Upheaval (double Light)

With Mewing Lullaby he keeps the same weakness and the fetters don't spawn.
[+]
 Bismarck.Tyconus
Server: Bismarck
user: Tyconus
By Bismarck.Tyconus 2023-05-22 08:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I know people say you can only get the chest in E from killing it from behind using ws, which is not the case here. :)

Edit: Hopefully it is fixed.
By Foxfire 2023-05-22 11:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

idk what you posted but i sure as heck can't see it
[]https://i.imgur.com/e638VYw.png[]

s'fixed now :)
[+]
By Dubaiii 2023-05-23 00:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Could someone please share with us all how to do 50k+(8 Bosses) a run?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-23 05:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you checked this youtube video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaON2WGMmYI
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-05-23 07:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It's something that looks like most damage from behind. It could be something else that lines up with that, but I get it every time by putting a trust tank up front and then hitting it with magical WSs from behind. That way we don't yank hate. You can SC and do damage from not behind, but most of the damage needs to be applied from behind.

I've been charmed, re-stablished hate, and continued to deal damage from behind and it still gave it to me.
By lumengrid 2023-05-23 08:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

ws from behind/killshot does not seem to matter. my group has ended up doing it differently (either intentionally or not) many times now and the only thing, as far as we can tell, is making sure everyone is on the enmity list
[+]
By Veydal1 2023-05-23 09:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

lumengrid said: »
ws from behind/killshot does not seem to matter. my group has ended up doing it differently (either intentionally or not) many times now and the only thing, as far as we can tell, is making sure everyone is on the enmity list

I can say for sure there is no need for everyone to be on the list. Several times we've had people afk next to Botulus and we still get the chest. All sorts of conditions, afk nearby (within 20 yalms), afk far away (outside of 30 yalms), afk nearby but got hit, afk nearby but didn't get hit, etc.. I've seen nothing tell me it was related to enmity after initially thinking it was related.

I agree the killshot isn't important as I've seen chest from SC dmg kills, melee kills, WS kills.

Unless someone has already done so, I'll try to test results from killing it with leaden from in front while a tank holds it. If possible I'd like to test variations of this, like killing it from the side with leaden, or if other WS have the same results. Leaden just makes it easier / faster.
 Bismarck.Tyconus
Server: Bismarck
user: Tyconus
By Bismarck.Tyconus 2023-05-23 10:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cor with trusts: August, King of Hearts, Ulmia, Joachim, Monberaux

August was tanking until around 40% when he decided to eat dirt. Was only using Leaden Salute from the back. When he turned to me, I kept Leadening him from the front, so roughly around 40% of his health was from the front.

Rdm with trusts: Ulmia, Joachim, Sylvie (UC), Monberaux, Ygnas

I went as rdm today and going between Savage Blade for hate (7k average) and Sanguine Blade (31-40k average) and didn't get the box.

So more than likely >50% damage needs to be from the back is the only thing for the objective. Also, can confirm, everyone does not need to be on hate list. My group use to have the blm and a sch looking for the Bitzer without touching the Botulus and afk at the boss teleport.
[+]
By lumengrid 2023-05-23 11:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Veydal1 said: »
lumengrid said: »

I can say for sure there is no need for everyone to be on the list. Several times we've had people afk next to Botulus and we still get the chest. All sorts of conditions, afk nearby (within 20 yalms), afk far away (outside of 30 yalms), afk nearby but got hit, afk nearby but didn't get hit, etc.. I've seen nothing tell me it was related to enmity after initially thinking it was related.

I agree the killshot isn't important as I've seen chest from SC dmg kills, melee kills, WS kills.

Unless someone has already done so, I'll try to test results from killing it with leaden from in front while a tank holds it. If possible I'd like to test variations of this, like killing it from the side with leaden, or if other WS have the same results. Leaden just makes it easier / faster.
interesting. good to know. after dozens and dozens of runs, the only times i can remember missing the chest were when one person for some reason (has only happened once, maybe twice?) wasn't downstairs yet by the time botulus died.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-05-24 21:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I got an Octahedrite out of basement chest or off Dhartok. I can't remember which and i already logged. I have stage 1 and 2 prime weapons (that were not equipped the entire run) and I have cleared TVR. Things I did that the other people in my party did not but still got an Octa was talk to the taru in the silver knife and Elijah, so they shouldn't be required.

Post deleted by User.
By Foxfire 2023-05-27 14:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
Did anyone ever manage an 8 NM run in sortie, ABCDEFGH? If so is there a video/composition/notes?

Asura.Sechs said: »
Have you checked this youtube video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaON2WGMmYI

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Taint 2023-05-27 15:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone done it with a melee comp yet or not viable?

F is this first sticking point. We need to figure out the chest from Ixion which would really open up the melee method.

We've killed F a few times melee style but we've gotten screwed more than we've won so we stopped meleeing him.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-05-27 15:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole "don't do random element X damage" combined with the stacking WS resistance really screws over melee setups. They take a ton of damage from melee, but make the wrong SC and it's game over.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-05-27 16:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The H boss has always been dumb with fetters, you basically can't TP fast on him and instead need to have a GEO proc him non-stop. No more then one or two people hitting him at any time. Might even look at using Monks Roll. A Kclub ranger is probably a very bad idea lol.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-05-27 18:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
The H boss has always been dumb with fetters, you basically can't TP fast on him and instead need to have a GEO proc him non-stop. No more then one or two people hitting him at any time. Might even look at using Monks Roll. A Kclub ranger is probably a very bad idea lol.

Are fetters guaranteed with every tp move? how does proccing him affect them?

Every TP move has an element and will pop a fetter, if you don't proc the correct element before the next TP move then it'll dump another fetter and gain -DT. Too many TP moves too fast will cause him to become extremely hard to kill and hit his rage timer.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-05-28 00:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

We’ve been doing mnk roll on our D/H kills with our magic strats. At most changes element once

Edit: I imagine a melee Strat would benefit in the same way
By AegParm 2023-05-28 10:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Are any of the area bosses soloable besides Ghatjot?
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2023-05-28 10:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

AegParm said: »
Are any of the area bosses soloable besides Ghatjot?

As far as I'm aware, only A & E have been solo'd. Don't see how the others could be feasibly solo'd.
First Page 2 3 ... 116 117 118 ... 144 145 146