Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Reidden
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Reiden
By Asura.Reidden 2023-05-31 23:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So, did Botulus, most of dmg done to his butt, all on hate, ws kill from behind and no chest.
By Seun 2023-05-31 23:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Reidden said: »
So, did Botulus, most of dmg done to his butt, all on hate, ws kill from behind and no chest.

The conditions for this chest are still not fully understood. WS from behind may be part of it, but not the only condition.
 Asura.Reidden
By Asura.Reidden 2023-05-31 23:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »

The conditions for this chest are still not fully understood. WS from behind may be part of it, but not the only condition.

Yep, just sharing test info.
By SimonSes 2023-06-01 05:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »

Yep, just sharing test info.

Sometimes if it's casting or you stun it, you might lag and his animation might suggest it's turned one way, but in reality it might be facing other direction. Not sure if that's the case for you, but it's good to pay attention to that.
By SimonSes 2023-06-01 06:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
Pantafernando said: »
Any particular reason for DRK and RNG?

DRK SP2 is a huge boon on stopping it TPing and we find ranger good for the skillchain objectives as he has a kclub. Usually also means only 1 person to heal on H boss and a chance fetters go on him instead of DRK so no real movement required. We use Frailty/Malaise on most bosses so BRD/COR on savage, drk on GS WS and ranger on trueflight keeps the WS wall fresh.

he also likes to drain 3 before most bosses and has been seen with 9k HP in H boss lol

The best should probably be not 4ppl WS spam, but 2 DDs skillchaining, but this will work way better with stage 3. You can then take like SCH as healer too and free Magic Bursts on it and on GEO.

I also wouldn't look at RNG as being specifically required here or something. Can probably be lots of other DD jobs and even DRK is probably not required if you take something like 2xMNK or MNK + any job with close to 75 SB.

BLU is also very good option. I was able to almost stun lock E and G. H was harder to stick stun and it was wearing off fast, but I got few 5sec + stuns too. You can also use SP to do some magic bursting. I was able to make ~40-45k bursts back to back on E boss with MNK self SCing Fusion>Light>Light. Thats without any Malaise or mab buffs.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2023-06-01 08:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think we've failed to get the botulus chest once since we basically completely stopped scing and mbing but just ws'd it down from behind. Either leaden spam or jinpus spaced out far enough not to sc and we get it every time
[+]
 Shiva.Liam
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2023-06-01 11:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
I dont think we've failed to get the botulus chest once since we basically completely stopped scing and mbing but just ws'd it down from behind. Either leaden spam or jinpus spaced out far enough not to sc and we get it every time

Same experience here, we stopped trying to SC and do majority damage from the back with leaden, Sam is tanking from front and uses hobaku to stun lock it and keep hate. when we were doing big darkness skillchains we wouldn't always get it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By zixxer 2023-06-01 13:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I’ve confirmed all do not need to be on hate.

MB or magical weapon skills kills have always dropped the chests for us.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-06-01 13:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »

Yeah we do Leaden, Sanguine, and Shattersoul and get it every time. We even use ArkEV as tank, so you know this is a leet comp. If our SCH gets squirly and does immanence>stone on leaden then things get spicy and chests don't show up.
 Asura.Reidden
By Asura.Reidden 2023-06-01 19:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it's magic ws onry or magic kills
 Asura.Reidden
By Asura.Reidden 2023-06-01 20:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to use ruspix plate and solo A, then try a jinpu spam on botulus.
By Dodik 2023-06-02 06:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more of the opinion it is tied to hate at the moment it dies.

Have similarly gone in and used ArkEV as tank, had hate whole fight, then super jumped it away at 10% to kill from behind.
 Asura.Reidden
By Asura.Reidden 2023-06-02 10:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I went last night and only me as sam and the cor were on it. All got on hate list cuz paranoid and me and cor just spammed Jinpu and Leaden and chest dropped. Will try the same pattern again tonight cuz no chest sucks.
[+]
 Asura.Cthaeh
By Asura.Cthaeh 2023-06-02 12:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
I'm more of the opinion it is tied to hate at the moment it dies.

Have similarly gone in and used ArkEV as tank, had hate whole fight, then super jumped it away at 10% to kill from behind.

I'm also confident that it has something to do with hate. We do all the normal stuff (stand behind it, get everyone on hate list) but the only times we don't see the chest is when someone pulls hate. We typically do Last Stand > Trueflight with some MBs twice to kill it. If the second Trueflight pulls hate and he turns we will even stop until tank gets hate back but we still don't get the chest. This is my experience with the Botulus anyway.

edit: I'm pretty sure we've killed it at this point with magic bursts, skillchains, solo Weapon skills and even melee swings. The only thing that we've seen when we don't get the chest is that he turns around mid fight because of enmity.

When I do solo runs, I go in on BLU. The way I've found to consistantly get the chest on BLU is I use Gessho to tank (because he can actually survive the fight) I stand behind and use Sanguine Blade only.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Seun 2023-06-02 15:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I typically kill Botulus solo on NIN doing 3 step SC with multiple bursts. Kamu > Shun > Shun and fire burst normally, but the occasional Ten to finish any SC interrupted by EV. Trusts are EV, Ulmia, Koru, Ygnas and the 5th spot has rotated as our trusts have changed but it usually another support.

I'm not using magic WS so I think we can rule that out. I use trusts that don't directly 'tag' the mob with anything so I'm not sure about the hate mechanic either. I've also finished the fight after EV died(leaving me tanking) and still received the chest. This is a curious one...

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2023-06-02 20:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a post earlier in the thread regarding a player having significantly more enmity than another. I wonder if the idea of players "tagging" it is building the high and low enmity. If hate was bouncing between the others attacking but one is just "chilling to heal" probably low on enmity. This could be similar to Kin using death sentence when enmity strongly pulls ahead maybe.
 Asura.Reidden
By Asura.Reidden 2023-06-02 23:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I went tonight and did the same stuff but this time it charmed me and I killed everyone >.>. After getting back up and redoing everything again, got no chest.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2023-06-03 10:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't kept up with this thread, but I found some more info on JP wiki that isn't on BG regarding Chest #H and Haughty Tulittia:

They say to spawn the chest you can do one of two things:

Reduce HP of the NM by 50% using AoE attacks

OR

Skillchain and magic burst to reduce the HP of the NM by 50%

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Server: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2023-06-03 11:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
I haven't kept up with this thread, but I found some more info on JP wiki that isn't on BG regarding Chest #H and Haughty Tulittia:

They say to spawn the chest you can do one of two things:

Reduce HP of the NM by 50% using AoE attacks

OR

Skillchain and magic burst to reduce the HP of the NM by 50%

Have they got any info on the F metal from Ixion?

They don't, I check periodically, still says Defeat Under Certain Conditions and Verification needed.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-06-03 11:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly wonder if whatever needs to be done to get the ixion chest is even working. The fact that no one has gotten that chest to date is insane

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2023-06-03 12:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone tried throwing a stygian ash at it? Lmao
Yes, long ago, No Luck..
[+]
 Asura.Cthaeh
By Asura.Cthaeh 2023-06-03 12:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

kuroki said: »
we did botulus last night and the cor pulled hate off the tank and we still got chest, whatever the condition is we're on the wrong track to finding out.

I agree that we are probably on the wrong track for figuring it out, but here is our exact experience:

RUN, RNG, COR, RDM, GEO, BLM

RUN pulls Botulus and gets hate for about 15 seconds. All members stand behind. we do Last Stand > Trueflight, all mages burst with Fire spells. Repeat once more.

If at any time the Botulus turns around midfight, we never get the chest. If the RUN holds hate, we always get the chest.

We've repeated this method more than 30 times by now with consistent results. We don't know what is flagging the chest, but following this works.

edit:
Also, we apply Distract/Frazzle Dia and thats it, maybe a few random enfeebles other than that but they dont seem to affect the results
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 118 119 120 ... 147 148 149