New Character Development System: Master Level.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New Character Development System: Master Level.
New Character Development System: Master Level.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 19 20 21
By alzeerffxi 2021-11-10 13:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Demhar said: »
In Dho Gates (crab/fish) highest I saw was around 700-730 on Chain 50s with 6 people. Where in Promy zones Master chain #27 is 964 exemplar points but the killing speed is a lot slower.

we were getting 900's in TOAU, no chains 560 + i think
[+]
 Asura.Bigtymer
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: olson2189
By Asura.Bigtymer 2021-11-10 13:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if it's been discussed here yet, but from the BG page on Magic Evasion:
Quote:
"Magic Evasion" base amount treated like a combat skill.
Gaining one player level adds 4 or more magic evasion (assumed to be gained at a higher rate as player level increases).

If this is true for Master Level increases, then that would be at least a 100+ magic evasion increase for jobs at ML 20, which is pretty huge. Unfortunately there's no quick way to test meva AFAIK, so I guess time will tell on that one, but there seems to be logical reason to think that meva does increase with ML as ML increases other combat skills.
By Weeew 2021-11-10 13:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys. Is there any way I can switch off mastery level stars from config without losing the original 3 stars?
[+]
 Bahamut.Omegus
Server: Bahamut
user: Alphus
By Bahamut.Omegus 2021-11-10 13:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Grats Weeew
By SimonSes 2021-11-10 13:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Weeew said: »
Hi guys. Is there any way I can switch off mastery level stars from config without losing the original 3 stars?

I wish to know that too, Im not yet ML20, but that ***looked annoying in game. I needed to switch off stars at all not to look at Weeew all the time >.>
 Bahamut.Svedin
user: Svedin
By Bahamut.Svedin 2021-11-10 13:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

I wish to know that too, Im not yet ML20, but that ***looked annoying in game. I needed to switch off stars at all not to look at Weeew all the time >.>

You can clearly see Omegus and I are looking away from him
 Bahamut.Omegus
user: Alphus
By Bahamut.Omegus 2021-11-10 13:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

/jobmasterlvldisplay
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-11-10 13:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lmao, love the star afro you've got going there
[+]
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
Server: Carbuncle
user: Rudra
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2021-11-10 13:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
Server: Carbuncle
user: Rudra
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2021-11-10 13:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Look at this tiny taru. He's my star
[+]
By Vaerix 2021-11-10 14:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aerox said: »
Dreams of blu/run foil spamming have gone...

Dreams of Run/Blu self sustain with magic fruit have gone...
By Heghmoh 2021-11-10 14:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Yiazmaat said: »
Look at this tiny taru. He's my star

XD
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-11-10 14:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So they gave us 20 extra stars for now.. does that mean eventually we'll get 99 extra starts ontop of the 3 originals?
By zixxer 2021-11-10 14:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

With the new updates to sub spells and jas, friendly reminder to save your macros to server.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-10 14:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bigtymer said: »
I'm not sure if it's been discussed here yet, but from the BG page on Magic Evasion:
Quote:
"Magic Evasion" base amount treated like a combat skill.
Gaining one player level adds 4 or more magic evasion (assumed to be gained at a higher rate as player level increases).

If this is true for Master Level increases, then that would be at least a 100+ magic evasion increase for jobs at ML 20, which is pretty huge. Unfortunately there's no quick way to test meva AFAIK, so I guess time will tell on that one, but there seems to be logical reason to think that meva does increase with ML as ML increases other combat skills.
Magic evasion is only treated like a skill in thqt it goes up with level independently of other stats. It's not an actual combat or magic skill, so it's unlikely to be affected by ML. On the offchance that it was, it'd almost certainly just be 1 MEVA per level, like the other skills.

However, INT, MND, and CHR do affect magic evasion to a degree, so we will get a bit more magically evasive from that.
By Aerix 2021-11-10 19:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Aerix said: »

Kick Attacks I would be slightly better than Double Attack from /WAR

I'm not sure why you would think that

Didn't see this until now, but the reason is because even if /WAR gives 12% DA, Kick Attacks work outside of the multiattack proc order of QA>TA>DA>OAX. So having a lot of QA and TA won't affect your KA, but it will negatively affect DA to an extent.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-10 19:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh. It's 12% DA vs 10% KA, with gear that's a wash more or less strictly as a gaining tp measurment, but that DA is more hand attacks, more white damage, and works on WS, kicks don't.

Now it could open up using gear that adds kick attacks %. I don't think that changes anything but it's worth noting. Like, uh, IF you had a set of Dragon's Fangs, *maybe* it would be neat to look into.
By Aerix 2021-11-10 19:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah yeah, my bad--I forgot to specify that I was talking strictly in terms of TP speed. At least in PUP's case having mythic AM3 is relatively likely and would mesh better with KA for TPing, but /MNK is still not a great SJ no matter what.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-11-10 19:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It would lose in terms of TP speed as well, even with Mythic AM3. Mythic is still just one hand.
By Aerix 2021-11-10 19:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It would lose in terms of TP speed as well, even with Mythic AM3. Mythic is still just one hand.

DA nonetheless still impacts AM3 while also being negatively affected by having a lot of QA and TA on your gear, which is the norm for PUP. KA can also proc in addition to your multiattack each round if you haven't already reached the 8 attacks limit and is unlikely to suffer from notable diminishing returns compared to DA.

Regardless, MNK is not a good subjob, so this whole debate is pointless to begin with.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-10 19:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone was curious, 111 is the minimum level for a mob to give Exemplar Points.
By Draylo 2021-11-10 19:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

is this for real or a edit? >.>

Vaerix said: »
Asura.Aerox said: »
Dreams of blu/run foil spamming have gone...

Dreams of Run/Blu self sustain with magic fruit have gone...

Soon lol, one of the things I thought of with /BLU, would be nice
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-11-10 19:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

If it's real it's a bug. My guess is photoshop though. I have a friend who has mastery rank 20 an she doesn't have those extra stars over her head. She posted a screenshot showing her rank for us too, so I know she speaks truth.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-11-10 20:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

DA nonetheless still impacts AM3 while also being negatively affected by having a lot of QA and TA on your gear, which is the norm for PUP. KA can also proc in addition to your multiattack each round if you haven't already reached the 8 attacks limit and is unlikely to ever suffer from diminishing returns unlike DA.

Regardless, MNK is not a good subjob, so this whole debate is pointless to begin with.

I understand how multiattack works, thanks
By SimonSes 2021-11-11 03:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

btw, not sure if mentioned, but only jobs with native mp seems to get 2MP per ML. Omegus got nothing on SAM for example
By SimonSes 2021-11-11 03:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:

If it's real it's a bug. My guess is photoshop though. I have a friend who has mastery rank 20 an she doesn't have those extra stars over her head. She posted a screenshot showing her rank for us too, so I know she speaks truth.

Ehhh, you could make the party going....

By SimonSes 2021-11-11 03:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It's gonna be useful for scenario when you want Raging Fists on WAR or DNC tho. WAR/MNK with RF and SPs and Karambit is amazing to zerg blunt weak targets. Now it will have Kick Attacks on top of that :)
By alzeerffxi 2021-11-11 05:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

has any 1 checked nin/mnk kick attacks procing with daken yet? i went to sleep after getting to 51
 Bahamut.Spookyfish
By Bahamut.Spookyfish 2021-11-11 07:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

alzeerffxi said: »
has any 1 checked nin/mnk kick attacks procing with daken yet? i went to sleep after getting to 51

Why would it? Kicks only proc with H2H.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-11 07:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Spookyfish said: »
alzeerffxi said: »

Why would it? Kicks only proc with H2H.
Daken is usable with H2H, so that doesn't matter.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 19 20 21