New Character Development System: Master Level.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New Character Development System: Master Level.
New Character Development System: Master Level.
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21
By SimonSes 2021-11-04 15:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arico said: »
SimonSes said: »
For example 20VIT for Torcleaver, which is also 80% modifier, only increase damage by around 2.3%

If it means I can show the other DRK in my dynamis group he's trash, I'll do it.

Do you have Liberator and bis absorb-VIT set for like +83VIT? If you don't and haven't been bothered to do it till now, than I question your above statement :P
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-11-04 15:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I would bet those “mastery points” are just earned by mobs from the new zones. Then SE can make those zones popular right off the bat.

If i was sadistic like SE, i would make those new mobs in a way that they dont give any exp/cp so that players will still need to keep visiting old adoulin/escha/reisen zones.

Also, if i was still that much sadistic like SE, i would just release like 4 camps and keep that numver for 4~6 months before adding more camps, so players gonna be struggling for the low amount of mobs available.

They could add some alliance bonus to incentivate grouping with real people. Also, to make solos/parties to fight against multibots, because, in theory, a multibox is “stealing” a real player spot.

Depending how strong/weak/limited those new mobs are, you can see other players fights like mpks, one tank pulling every mob in the zone to another place, fast parties pulling everything before others can keep any chain, loads of solos with trusts reducing even further the mobs in zone while they happily spend 10 minutes for a kill, etc
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-11-04 15:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Base stats matter just as much now as they ever have.

I haven't claimed they don't. This wasn't the focus of my initial point.
By SimonSes 2021-11-04 15:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
How much is irrelevant.

I can't wait for the "discussion" (argument) about which stat on which job I should raise first and the 300 clonethreads through 2025.

I can't even properly convey my excitement with a gif that matches the tone. None of them are quite strong enough to rise to the occasion.

I mean if its anything like JP, in the sense that we will be progressing with it just doing regular things anyway, then of course people will ask and make such topics, because they will need to make a choice anyway.
If it's something that you will need to make specifically vs other events, then the problem of it being worth or not will rise. It won't also be the question "is it worth to grind 10h for +1str?", because why not? Instead for many players, it's gonna be a question "Is it worth to grind 10h for +1str, over grinding 10h for OtherStuffYouNeed?". Not everyone are in place when they are done with everything important, especially if they play many jobs. Many people are not even done with JPs and thats more important than +1STR in 10h.
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-04 15:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

So this is just them ruining old zones because Japanese players can't be bothered to let go of their PS2s?

I remember something about that being a thing. Like that's where all of those high level monsters came from in old zones. Promyvion and Dangruf Wadi stand out because it's like: Level 5. level 5. LEVEL 105! I had read that it was because SE had to create higher level zones for JP players that didn't want to buy Abyssea disks.

This was not the move to make but its still too early to tell. It literally just screams: Okay so now I have to pay RMT to overnight AFK on more jobs?

I tried to earn points the legit way, but damned if it seems way easier to just throw money at some bots. Like I could just step outside of my moghouse at one point and the game would throw millions of gil at me (got lucky with some gobbie box rings).

I hate that it's that way, but I'm just keeping it real. Gotta keep the RMT economy going somehow.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-04 16:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Since it seems relevant to the conversation, I made a WSDMG vs Attribute comparison calculator a bit ago, if anyone wants to check out values for themselves.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bpxwo2a2VIsDMigwTIEsjpPFaSuXLrTMdDrz_Lcf1tU/edit?usp=drivesdk
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2021-11-04 16:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have Liberator and bis absorb-VIT set for like +83VIT? If you don't and haven't been bothered to do it till now, than I question your above statement :P

You absolutely know it.
 Cerberus.Dekar
Server: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2021-11-04 19:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

For example 20VIT for Torcleaver, which is also 80% modifier, only increase damage by around 2.3%

If it means I can show the other DRK in my dynamis group he's trash, I'll do it.

I never realized that DRK's could get their absorb spells up that strong. Nice to know!
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-04 19:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It's actually higher than that (either +93 or +94, I forget exactly).
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-11-04 20:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
It's actually higher than that (either +93 or +94, I forget exactly).

Yeah 92.25
I recently tested this and updated Wiki, but already forgot XD
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-11-04 21:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

looks like christmas comes early for the former job point RMTs.
[+]
By Mattelot 2021-11-05 06:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always wondered if there is some metric tied to the term "trash" or "garbage". I've seen people sling those around every so often and most of the time, the person they're calling those to were barely doing less overall than the person calling them that was.
By Mattelot 2021-11-05 06:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »

[+]
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2021-11-05 07:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't surprise me if its basically just the merit point system refactored to use CP as a base instead of XP.

You want to do it quick and dirty? Simple. Take the code that facilitates the attribute boost part of merits and make the gating for earning/application based on having Master status instead of being >=Lvl 75.

Its just additive to stats so there's not even a need to make it so the effect adds to just the job on which it was earned, but any job with the qualifying status. That way the door gets left open to add job-specific categories at a later date through which they can accomplish their goal do further balancing optimization.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-05 07:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Mattelot said: »
Shichishito said: »

The one thing I never understood. I assume people pay them out of fear for banning if the bot the cp themselves, but aren't people still liable to get banned if they party up with the people botting cp just for being with them? Idk, maybe I'm wrong
By Mattelot 2021-11-05 07:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
The one thing I never understood. I assume people pay them out of fear for banning if the bot the cp themselves, but aren't people still liable to get banned if they party up with the people botting cp just for being with them? Idk, maybe I'm wrong

I highly doubt it.

You can prove someone bots but you cannot prove they knew the person they're in a party with was doing so.

I've partied with people who botted after I came back to the game and I was a little embarrassed how long I thought they were actual people.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-05 07:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Risk, really. Much less risk buying than doing. Buyers actually being punished is quite rare. Being that it takes thousands of reports, how often will a buyer be in the same party that long or anyone going to put in that much effort. (they also don't even know. Ask someone buying if they know they can get banned for it, 100% of the time you'll get the classic "lolno")

I've partied with people who botted after I came back to the game and I was a little embarrassed how long I thought they were actual people.

In a party ef mimics an average player flawlessly lol. Slow to engage, slow to ws, and doesn't listen for ***. Impossible to tell, don't feel bad.
By Mattelot 2021-11-05 08:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
In a party ef mimics an average player flawlessly lol. Slow to engage, slow to ws, and doesn't listen for ***. Impossible to tell, don't feel bad.

These people were not slow. They acted like normal people and the person multiboxing replied on them, but they were all acting from a program. I think people will ALT-TAB and type something in chat to help keep themselves off the radar.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-05 08:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, that's just normal playing. They were watching gearswap automate itself watching a movie on the second screen.
By RadialArcana 2021-11-05 08:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless they actually add blue stars or something, nobody will even know if you have capped "master points" anyway in the same way nobody knows if you capped merits or not. Also, it's most likely that this is the start and they build on it going forward as they did with merits and JP.

I always find it amusing when players that love grinding stuff complain when they add more grind, some act like grind is a dirty word cause a PR exec for some game you don't play said so on twitter. "omg babies, we respect your sexy precious time so much! you need that precious time to go watch a cat farting on youtube!"

You love grind, and so do I. There are countless "grindless" mmorpgs out there, where everyone is the same at level cap and there are no accuracy and attack checks. The only difference between you and fredblogs next to you is they have a lower ping so their rotations go off faster.

They know we like grinds, even if some of us say we don't.
[+]
By Mattelot 2021-11-05 08:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Grinding can be good and I like doing it as well but there comes a point where it becomes a little over-the-top.

Some people who enjoy a grind here and there but are also legitimate players do have their limits before it becomes ad nauseum. Those illegitimate players are like

[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-05 08:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

There are different kinds of progress. Some are fun and rewarding, some are an actual grind. We've just gotten used to calling anything that isn't instant gratification a grind.

As RadialArcana said, someone around the PS3 console era tried to make that into some kind of taboo.

But a game with proper pacing that has visible milestones and meaningful rewards can make progression systems fun. For example, I really love Final Fantasy Tactics even though that game has a ton of busywork, and yet I couldn't get into the Disgaea franchise. Even though it looks similar on paper and it's popular with a lot of people. The pacing just wasn't for me.

None of us would be on FFXIAH forums if we didn't find the progression systems in FFXI to be enjoyable in one way or another.
By Mattelot 2021-11-05 08:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Jessikah, are you planning to try Triangle Strategy?
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-05 09:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Jessikah, are you planning to try Triangle Strategy?
I don't own a Switch so I'll wait for an eventual PC release. Hopefully by then there'll be enough reviews and stuff to know if it's actually worth buying or not.

Not sure why, but I'm not super excited for it. Something about the presentation. I think the trailers did an awful job selling it to me...
By Mattelot 2021-11-05 09:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I don't own a Switch

What is this blasphemy?

Do yourself a favor then, go buy the new OLED one. Merry Christmas

I think the game would be an easier sell to someone who has played Octopath Traveler, which was so beautifully done.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-11-05 10:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Unless they actually add blue stars or something, nobody will even know if you have capped "master points" anyway in the same way nobody knows if you capped merits or not.

I hope the blue stars are at least even with our names.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-11-05 13:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

They need to make content which makes you do all kinds of different things, instead of the typical:

1) Make party
2) Find camp
3) Kill enemies
4) Turn in points
5) Repeat

When you have leveled to 99, got your merits, and then mastered your job, that should be it. Make use of new notorious monsters, incorporate synthesis, get us exploring areas we don't normally go, do anything but the typical chain killing. There's nothing fresh or fun about that. Yeah, some might like grinding, but there's a limit for most people.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2021-11-05 14:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Im amazed how many people that play ffxi that clearly never likes anything in it

- this is over powered
- this is just not worth the effort
- this is to difficult
- this is to easy
- Random chance sucks
- Having to grind items sucks

For me they could put it out that I could trade 500jp for gettinh a +1 str if would *** do it because, I like to play the game and if i didn't i would just stop and do something else

FFXI is the mmo with the most variate in game mechanics and not just beeing about putting DPS in front of you, that I have seen and yet each end every event ppl are b#tching about it.

The one thing video games has that no other entertainment has is that is challenges you and put obstacels in front of you to reach your goal or end. yet every time there is an new type of obstacle ppl always whine.
maybe games or this game is just not what you want to play anymore
[+]
By DaneBlood 2021-11-05 14:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
They need to make content which makes you do all kinds of different things, instead of the typical:

1) Make party
2) Find camp
3) Kill enemies
4) Turn in points
5) Repeat

When you have leveled to 99, got your merits, and then mastered your job, that should be it. Make use of new notorious monsters, incorporate synthesis, get us exploring areas we don't normally go, do anything but the typical chain killing. There's nothing fresh or fun about that. Yeah, some might like grinding, but there's a limit for most people.

people would complain about it to just like they have done on any mechanics that removde the object from just killinh.

objectins in ommens
triggers in byssea
Trigger in dyna.
Fetters
exposing weakness or tricks in combat events
unlocking gear slots in .. i forgot the name where you farm alex
Voidwatch mechanics

keep on piling on anything that make is differnet than streigh up killing and people will whine. and when it straight up killing ppl will whine too
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21