New Character Development System: Master Level.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New Character Development System: Master Level.
New Character Development System: Master Level.
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21
By Torzak 2021-12-12 00:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Elemental WS don't make worthwhile threat.
 Bahamut.Suph
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2021-12-12 04:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Balduran said: »
Anyone observed Leaden Salute not having affect on enmity in the Promyvion zones on Apex Idle Drifter? It could also be other WS as well. During our ML party, our puller was the Bard, fishing the mobs with Elegy for example then one of the DD would pick it up with provoke, stun, or so. On the occasion where I used Leaden Salute as the mob was incoming to open the skillchain, the Drifter followed the bard back away from the party as the Bard continued fishing, shouldn't I have pulled enough hate with Leaden Salute that the mob would stay on me?

The second scenario this happened, was when I was testing some WS and using my trusts without Tank. At first the mob was bouncing back and forth between Yoran and myself, then when I hit Leaden Salute for almost 99k, the Drifter was still running to Yoran.

If we will assume that Yoran's cures beat my 99k Leaden on threat, compared to the first scenario the Bard had zero heals on me and his only action was the Elegy.

Oh Bro, that's not just in Promyvion. Enmity from magical ws (also from like black magic etc) are calculated from before the Magic Attack Bonus multiplier. So you were doing like 40k damage but only generating enmity of like a 8000-10000 damage attack etc.

The 99999 leaden was also from Malaise skewing MAB/MDB to like 500/60 as well? so your enmity is like 99999 /(500/60) = 99999/8.3 or like 12,000?
By SimonSes 2021-12-12 07:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Suph said: »
Oh Bro, that's not just in Promyvion. Enmity from magical ws (also from like black magic etc) are calculated from before the Magic Attack Bonus multiplier. So you were doing like 40k damage but only generating enmity of like a 8000-10000 damage attack etc.

The 99999 leaden was also from Malaise skewing MAB/MDB to like 500/60 as well? so your enmity is like 99999 /(500/60) = 99999/8.3 or like 12,000?

I dont think the bolded part is true. I think magic bursts from BLM has some lowered enmity, but normal free nukes has normal enmity. Magic WS part is true tho.

Also in this example BRD gets additional 200CE enmity for initial action on idle monster on top of enmity created from elegy itself.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-12-12 10:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Bahamut.Suph said: »

I dont think the bolded part is true. I think magic bursts from BLM has some lowered enmity, but normal free nukes has normal enmity. Magic WS part is true tho.

Also in this example BRD gets additional 200CE enmity for initial action on idle monster on top of enmity created from elegy itself.
Correct. Nukes generate normal values of damage enmity out side of magic bursts.

Magic WS are very unique in their enmity properties, but that does not extend to other forms of magic damage.

EDIT: Also, keep in mind that the higher the monster level, the lower the dmg to enmity ratio, and the new apex mobs can be quite high level. There's also a second reduction in dmg to enmity based on the gap between player ilvl and monster level. So damage enmity gets hit twice on high level ***.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21