New Character Development System: Master Level.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New Character Development System: Master Level.
New Character Development System: Master Level.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 19 20 21
 Asura.Azimarr
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Azimar
By Asura.Azimarr 2021-11-10 04:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I only went to lv2 so far, got +1 to all stats and +10 to combat skills for each mastery lvl up. So right now its at +20 skills
By Aerix 2021-11-10 05:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azimarr said: »
I only went to lv2 so far, got +1 to all stats and +10 to combat skills for each mastery lvl up. So right now its at +20 skills

Hot damn, that's crazy if that's intentional (and not accidentally multiplied by 10). I'm sure it'll have a cap, but 99 mastery levels of that kind of scaling would be ridiculous.
By Vaerix 2021-11-10 05:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If this is true master levels is ridiculous for pup. We just finished the night at 17, that's 170 combat skills for automaton??

Beyond how awesome that is, not looking forward to the grind for those skills again.
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
Server: Carbuncle
user: Rudra
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2021-11-10 05:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

@Aerix how could be /mnk for pup if there is access to kick attack traits ?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-10 05:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you sure you didn't mistype +10 combat skill but actually meant +1 combat skill per mastery level?
By Aerix 2021-11-10 05:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Now if only those additional skill levels would unlock new spells and WSs then PUP would be in a very, very good spot in the future.

Carbuncle.Yiazmaat said: »
@Aerix how could be /mnk for pup if there is access to kick attack traits ?

Kick Attacks I would be slightly better than Double Attack from /WAR, but you wouldn't get any Attack traits, Berserk, Warcry etc. which are equally as important. MNK's kit doesn't really have anything else that's interesting to PUP.

Though if you have Dragon Fangs then the Kick Attacks from /MNK might have some niche potential.
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Server: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2021-11-10 05:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm only seeing +1 to native skills per mastery level, regardless of skill rank.

It doesn't sound like much initially, but if we get to mastery 99, that's Accuracy +153 from combat skills +99 and DEX +99, assuming the formulas don't change.
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2021-11-10 05:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So i guess pdl 3 smite 3 from /drk or wsd 2 from /drg would be way better, assuming using KKK
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2021-11-10 05:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Dang apex nyzul and promyvion mobs , thats cool
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-10 05:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Furyspawn said: »
I'm only seeing +1 to native skills per mastery level, regardless of skill rank.

It doesn't sound like much initially, but if we get to mastery 99, that's Accuracy +153 from combat skills +99 and DEX +99, assuming the formulas don't change.
Should be acccuracy +174 for higher skill weapons unless you're not using an ilvl weapon.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-11-10 06:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So what are the implications for getting more magic skills, any spell/buff reaching another tier because of this? Other than temper
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2021-11-10 06:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

there are a ton of possibilities since we've never been able to test that high.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-11-10 06:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aburaage said: »
So what are the implications for getting more magic skills, any spell/buff reaching another tier because of this? Other than temper
That's my question also because for mages outside maybe sch whm and maybe rdm this does semi nothing for magic skill. Blm I'm sure will need big test later on but. Stuff like geo whats the point of trying to get skill up to change into more conserve mp gear?

Edit: smn also which is nice til a point.
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2021-11-10 06:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably new potency cap for geo brd

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-11-10 06:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Yiazmaat said: »
Probably new potency cap for geo brd
KujahFoxfire said: »
Interested to see if we hit any new unknown potency tiers, thinking about combined skills especially on BRDs and GEOs.
So that's the thing I don't think we gonna hit a new cap on geo for sure. Remember se is actively making content to combat geos as it is now with the -75% to -95% nerf for debuffs.
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2021-11-10 06:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but the future content might require new potency lvl dépending on its difficulty lvl
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-10 06:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The 900 cap for Geomancy was stated by SE, not tested, so there won't be a higher tier that was simply unreachable unless SE raised it in the meantime, which is very unlikely.

Bard having new tiers for some of their higher level songs is more plausible.
[+]
 Asura.Azimarr
user: Azimar
By Asura.Azimarr 2021-11-10 06:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I am 100 sure. For each Mastery lvl I got +1 to all stats and +1 (one) combat skill on master and +1 all stats and +10 (ten) combat skills on automaton. It indeed was not a typo. I am lv2 mastery and automaton has +20 combat skills from it
[+]
By Mattelot 2021-11-10 06:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I am 100 sure. For each Mastery lvl I got +1 to all stats and +1 (one) combat skill on master and +1 all stats and +10 (ten) combat skills on automaton. It indeed was not a typo. I am lv2 mastery and automaton has +20 combat skills from it

Yowza... my Pup is going to have more fun now.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-10 06:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
99% of songs cap so early I'm skeptic to believe there will be new tiers for songs.

There is at least one exception: Horde Lullaby II.
More details HERE.

This will make reaching the 486 skill tier super easy and the 567 quite realistical too (it was currently reachable even now, just not worth it).
If I take my current 486 set and add +99 it becomes 585, which is more than enough to reach the 567 skill tier (I could actually remove something to favor some... macc maybe)

Thelast tier is 648 string skill. Looks like with mastery it will be reachable in theory, but not worth it because of gear you would have to sacrifice.
(let's see what happens with Empy+3 gear and +string though)
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-11-10 06:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The 900 cap for Geomancy was stated by SE, not tested, so there won't be a higher tier that was simply unreachable unless SE raised it in the meantime, which is very unlikely .

Yep this was what I was getting at like you said if they don't state cap updates for geo what's the real point of doing any skill for it? Geo doesn't need a sub to play the role so extra stats aren't even needed. Outside of playing around with melee set maybe. As a person that mostly love playing mage jobs this gonna be lackluster update for some for now.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-10 06:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
The 900 cap for Geomancy was stated by SE, not tested, so there won't be a higher tier that was simply unreachable unless SE raised it in the meantime, which is very unlikely .

Yep this was what I was getting at like you said if they don't state cap updates for geo what's the real point of doing any skill for it? Geo doesn't need a sub to play the role so extra stats aren't even needed. Outside of playing around with melee set maybe. As a person that mostly love playing mage jobs this gonna be lackluster update for some for now.
Well you're gonna get more HP, more MP and more defensive stats.
This will make both you AND your luopan more durable!

It will also increase the damage from your Nukes and your chance to stick Enfeebling Magic.
Not game changing ok, but it doesn't sound too bad either?
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-10 06:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Geomancer would still technically get interruption rate down while casting geomancy with higher skill.

More importantly though, GEOs will get also significant boosts in enfeebling and elemental skill.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-11-10 06:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it visually increase your sub job level or does it just give you the extra abilities and spells?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-11-10 07:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Question. Do you have to talk to the moogle for each mastered job or just one.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-11-10 07:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Just one. It's a universal key item
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2021-11-10 08:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I can confirm that also, I unlocked on MNK and earned EP on NIN
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-11-10 08:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »

Well you're gonna get more HP, more MP and more defensive stats.
This will make both you AND your luopan more durable!

It will also increase the damage from your Nukes and your chance to stick Enfeebling Magic.
Not game changing ok, but it doesn't sound too bad either?
Yes those are semi nice for sure but nuking on stuff right now feels so underwhelming on blm at times that I just gave up on geo nuking sounds bad I know. Enfeebling is a plus the mana thing I can't remember the last time I ran out of mana hp is nice also.
By Zubis 2021-11-10 08:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Does it visually increase your sub job level or does it just give you the extra abilities and spells?

Depends on what you mean visually...

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 19 20 21