Job Adjustment (Part 2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Job Adjustment (Part 2)
Job Adjustment (Part 2)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Asura.Dajociont
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2009-07-09 10:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I did 37-63 in two weeksish, then 63-64 took a day cause I died a ton D: gf + blm = fail. 64-75 in 4 days, go go winter break! BLM is super easy to level with exp bands now. D:
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Server: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-09 11:00:12
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

D:

I smell a war between melee and casters coming!

TAKE COVER!!!

EDIT

Dajociont said:
I did 37-63 in two weeksish, then 63-64 took a day cause I died a ton D: gf + blm = fail. 64-75 in 4 days, go go winter break! BLM is super easy to level with exp bands now. D:

It was sweet exp with ann. band! Seriously there isn't much the BLM changes in strategy between solo and exp parties. The gear asked for to help lower resistance wasn't even outrageous at all so really either those BLMs think soloing is just like lvl 1-10 or they don't take a look the small things that effect elemental magic.
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2009-07-09 11:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Scizor said:
Dajociont said:
Frobeus said:
Dajociont said:
>.> solo exp is easier and better most of the time on BLM anyway. Do people really have that much trouble with soloing or what?

A. They are retards
B. They can't AFK and leech xp while solo
C. They are lazy, cheap *** *** who care so little about gearing correctly they can't actually kill pets b/c they are resisted so badly and they don't want to buy RR
These are the only two reasons.

likely scenario D: sucks that most blms can't exp without a pt. just like most don't know how to use bind. >.>

I gave BLM up because I got so bored of spending countless hours alone sleep nuking stuff, its not fun its mind numbingly boring. Id much prefer to be with people in a party than blowing up stupid rats.

My wife solo'd blm from 70>75 in less than a week. Quit failing.

At no point did I say I was failing, I said it was boring. boring = no fun. lrn2rd
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-09 11:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
My wife solo'd blm from 70>75 in less than a week. Quit failing.

In exp terms, that's actually about a quarter of level.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-09 11:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Dajociont said:
SCISSOR GUARD WON'T STAND TO BLM BURN GOOOOOO

No... but bubble curtain will...

Crabs are like Imps, just in defensive ways.
 Fairy.Raikan
Server: Fairy
user: Squitt
By Fairy.Raikan 2009-07-09 11:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Xanathos said:
i would just like to reiterate....

lolcircleabilities.

Actually, I've always thought the Samurai Circle ability against Imps was fairly potent, even on party members.

If they just lower the recast that would be great, but it sounds like they're going to do more with them.
 Shiva.Akajoyroth
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Akajoyroth 2009-07-09 11:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Nieko said:

Yes it's easier but it's dreadfully boring. nuke-stun-nuke-sleep-nuke rest, assuming one of ur first 2 nukes gets resisted. Playing for 6 hours straight using 2-3 spells is terrible.

See this is what I ment to say. I m just upset that BLM didnt get anything new and shiny to play with like WHM did. Also YES...SCH is stepping on BLMs toes its a better choice to have a SCH in exp parties rather then BLM because BLM cant buff and cure like SCH can. I want BLM given a new roll to play with...rather then just spam AM and Tire IV spells and really hope that you get set up with peeps that ACTUALLY SC+MB. I m just scared that SE doesn't go the other way with BLM...like reducing MP(cost) and damage(for -enmity) of spells...like I said "Nerf" to get BLMs back into exp parties.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-09 11:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hellooooo get back to BLU, stop crying over BLM... Wait your turn, all this stuff is same thing as you all said in the part 1 update thread...

Get back to topic.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-07-09 11:09:53

So.... What will these circle abilities make us killers to?
 Cerberus.Nieko
Server: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-09 11:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
Hellooooo get back to BLU, stop crying over BLM... Wait your turn, all this stuff is same thing as you all said in the part 1 update thread...

Get back to topic.

but...but..but...
we've all agreed that this is a sad update for blu. The thread has no more reason to go in that direction. We can at least still argue over blm lol
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-09 11:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, all they've said is "2 new spells" and given us nothing more than that, any talk about blu spells will be nothing but conjecture, and I'm pretty sure you're aware how much people prefer to *** about pointless crap... Point of story: blu conversation ain't gonna last nearly as long as people bitching about ***they're not getting.
 Asura.Chefm
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2009-07-09 11:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sch need that little work thats going twords Blu....
 Asura.Dajociont
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2009-07-09 11:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

>.> SCH needs nothing either.
 Shiva.Akajoyroth
By Shiva.Akajoyroth 2009-07-09 11:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU also got jipped...
Some of my Friends have stopped Leveling BLU cause they don't have sea access.
Its sad to see that people still think the "Need" certain things(Gear/Spells) to take a job up...but I cant blame them...its sad you get examined by a person who has those things and they blow up on how crappy you are.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-07-09 11:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

LOLblu, like 5 people care and they already move on
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-09 11:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Nieko said:
Alyria said:

Get back to topic.

but...but..but...
we've all agreed that this is a sad update for blu. The thread has no more reason to go in that direction. We can at least still argue over blm lol

We did? I'm always really excited about new spells, the WotG spells were all great (except asuran claws and seedspray), so I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do here... But since there's no info yet, I can wait.

In fact, I hope they don't release any more info on it, I'd rather go in blind and find them myself.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-07-09 11:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Akajoyroth said:
BLU also got jipped...
Its sad to see that people still think the "Need" certain things(Gear/Spells) to take a job up...but I cant blame them...its sad you get examined by a person who has those things and they blow up on how crappy you are.

Get sea before you lvl blu. problem fixed.
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-09 11:17:08

I don't get how they think adding more spells for BLU is going to help. Most damage done is from spells, yet it's limited by MP.
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-09 11:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Nieko said:
Alyria said:

Get back to topic.

but...but..but...

We did? I'm always really excited about new spells, the WotG spells were all great (except asuran claws and seedspray), so I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do here... But since there's no info yet, I can wait.

In fact, I hope they don't release any more info on it, I'd rather go in blind and find them myself.

Sorry. I meant that the info that was given about the blu update was sad. We still know nothing.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-07-09 11:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lilbusta said:
I don't get how they think adding more spells for BLU is going to help. Most damage done is from spells, yet it's limited by MP.

You have to learn how to manage your MP.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-09 11:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Akajoyroth said:
BLU also got jipped...

For most jobs I'd agree with you, but not having Disseverment, plasma charge and actinic burst would be like not having AMII or sidewinder or something. You can make do without, but one of the things blu does best is fast damage by spamming the same three spells over and over, without disseverment you're losing about 2 fifths of your damage in a LOT of situations.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-09 11:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Not only learning to manage mp, but learn the mobs you are attacking in my opinion so you know what kind of spells work on them.
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-09 11:20:35

Akajoyroth said:
BLU also got jipped...

It's because they run into a party with elite jackasses. I've run into that so many times. Only once has someone offered to help me get the spell(s) I was missing after the party disbanded.

EDIT

Manage MP, but even then you will eventually run out of MP and need to rest. I know someone gonna mention drinks or some form of refresh, but that still doesn't cut it. I can only speak from my own experiences, but if the party wants to kill fast BLU just can't do it as good as the heavy DD's.

Aly, thats very true and it's hard for me to drop those stat boosting spells just to load up on spells that work. Being a taru I end up sacrificing those STR+ spells I need so I'm not hitting the mob for 1-10 dmg.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-07-09 11:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lilbusta said:
Akajoyroth said:
BLU also got jipped...

It's because they run into a party with elite jackasses. I've run into that so many times. Only once has someone offered to help me get the spell(s) I was missing after the party disbanded.

Quit QQ'ing. If you don't want to put into a job what it takes to play it correctly then either solo or lvl something else that you can. Calling people elitest jackasses b/c you don't have required this for your job is fail.

Also, wtf would they offer to help you gather spells. That's what your LS is for, and if you really have no way to gather spells for blu then don't lvl it.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-07-09 11:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

No, you won't run out of mp. LEARN to manage your MP. Sanction/Sigil fresh/AF2 body/refresh spell set. Thats perma 3/tic. Get a rdm who can toss you a refresh on occasion. Get better DD gear, so you aren't forced to spam spells every second to be able to do any damage. The options are there, you do actually have WORK to get them.
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-09 11:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone's panties are in a bunch today... let's see... what can i say that Frobeus can't call me a lazy n00b about?
OH!
/sarcasm
d00d they should adjust the crafting system in the update! I hate being 50 lvls above a recipe and breaking the crystals 3xs or more in a row >.>
/endsarcasm
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-07-09 11:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Nieko said:
Someone's panties are in a bunch today... let's see... what can i say that Frobeus can't call me a lazy n00b about?
OH!
/sarcasm
d00d they should adjust the crafting system in the update! I hate being 50 lvls above a recipe and breaking the crystals 3xs or more in a row >.>
/endsarcasm

My panties have never not been in a bunch. People who whine about "elitests" b/c they are lazy get on my nerves.
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-09 11:34:02

Frobeus said:

Quit QQ'ing. If you don't want to put into a job what it takes to play it correctly then either solo or lvl something else that you can. Calling people elitest jackasses b/c you don't have required this for your job is fail.

Also, wtf would they offer to help you gather spells. That's what your LS is for, and if you really have no way to gather spells for blu then don't lvl it.

It's not saying that I can't play the job, it's the fact that some people say you suck because I don't have that one spell/equip that's considered the "norm" for that job at that level.

Why did they help me afterwards? It's simple...it's called being considerate and helpful. Could my LS help me with it? Sure if I was playing when there's more than just me on.

<---Will just STFU.
 Shiva.Akajoyroth
By Shiva.Akajoyroth 2009-07-09 11:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

wow...see the hell is up with people now-a-days I remember when getting to 75 ment something...now it like "take up a real job that matters."
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-09 11:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lilbusta said:
Frobeus said:

It's not saying that I can't play the job, it's the fact that some people say you suck because I don't have that one spell/equip that's considered the "norm" for that job at that level.

Why did they help me afterwards? It's simple...it's called being considerate and helpful. Could my LS help me with it? Sure if I was playing when there's more than just me on.

Sounds like you need an LS in your time zone. lol
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9