Job Adjustment (Part 2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Job Adjustment (Part 2)
Job Adjustment (Part 2)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Asura.Dajociont
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2009-07-09 09:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Nieko said:
Dajociont said:
Where's my BLM update!? /cry

Quote:

BLM doesn't really need an update honestly, it's good as is.

So is BLU....

Funny part is people *** when they don't get something from update and then whine when they do something. At this point the game is so old no job needs any more updates, especially mages.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-09 09:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

New mobs basically always means new spells for Blu. Saying that SE gave an update to Blu is just stupid. It doesn't take much to pick one of the TP moves it uses and allow Blu to learn it. >.>
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-07-09 09:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I see SE couldn't go another update without buffing SAM and PLD yet again. To hell with the Circle abilities...I mean, is fixing those abilities really a pressing concern? I'll reserve my final judgment until the rest of the update is announced, but it ain't looking too good. Also, the fact that they continue banning random players due to a billing fiasco and an RMT-hunting program gone awry doesn't speak too highly of them either.
 Cerberus.Nieko
Server: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-09 09:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Azulmagia said:

Haha, what? BLU has the invite rate of a THF, the most lackluster 2-hour of all the jobs, and has a stigma for being the one of the worst DDs.
Also, I find it hilarious that when WHM and RDM got new spells, they found out exactly what they did right then and there. Here, all we get is "two new spells."

I'm a blm. U really wanna discuss invite rates? And we have excellent spiked damage output but we have to take it easy most of the time for sake of our terrible defense and oddly-good ability to get hate. How about some way of evening out our usefulness? Perhaps giving players a reason to learn skillchains so we can MB? Doesnt have to necessarily be a blm update but edit something somewhere so that we don't get absolutely lonely from 40-75?
And I do agree. 'two new spells' is ridiculous. They prob wont release what mobs u learn em from either or the names.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-09 09:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I would think blu would be adjusted for learning the spells easier than trying for hours for like pollen....

Took me 3 hours to learn that spell and capped at skill :/

Blu got 2 new spells last time didn't they? Asuran Claws and something else?

So hopefully these 2 new spells are helpful for a group
 Ramuh.Xanathos
user: xanathos
By Ramuh.Xanathos 2009-07-09 09:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

nu. incorrect. BLM needs an update.

since the release of ToAU, SE has systematically restructured the game to where it is now "All Jobs....and the BLMs". BLM no longer has a role in ANY pt...other than a BLM pt. then with WotG, they release SCH...which pretty much was a finger in the face of every BLM. and then to rly shove it in & break it off...they gave WHM & RDM some new toys with the last update.

BLM still has one JA, and has not gotten a single update in 5 yrs other than meritables & lolretrace [b/c we all know the best way to help out a DD job is to give them a support/transport spell]. yes, blm is good...but it has been made obsolete & stale. imo, blm has been the most neglected job in the game for 5 years.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Xarchangel
By Gilgamesh.Xarchangel 2009-07-09 09:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Azulmagia said:

Xarchangel said:
They should give sam something too... Lets try to make them a little better, or give dnc maybe a raise dance, that would be cool.

You got Hasso, you got Seigan, you got the Sekkanoki boost with Hagun, you're already the #1 wanted DD... wtf else do you want?

Hasso II?
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-07-09 09:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

oh quit complaining about the circle effects update. i say its about damn time they actually do something useful aside from if a pt member takes hate in te mire while you are a PLD or SAM. and for me im SAM, PLD, DRG and DRK :P so if they do anything helpful ill take it.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-07-09 09:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

so with the circle update...
Circle-type Abilities
Up until now, the benefits granted by Circle-type abilities have been lackluster relative to their ability delay. The July version update will see these abilities imbued with additional effects for greatly enhanced usability.

The following abilities will benefit from the above adjustment:
Holy Circle / Arcane Circle / Warding Circle / Ancient Circle / Killer Instinct

first: lol

second: what if they actually do something good?

Possibilities: "additional effects"
Holy Circle: Party Defense Boost
Arcane Circle: Party Attack Boost
Warding Circle: Party Store TP Boost
Ancient Circle: Party Accuracy Boost
Killer Instinct: adds traits of pet to party? (like double attack or something native to the pet)

If they do something like this, circle abilities may actually be useful. But then again, with their track record... who knows.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-09 09:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

A dancer raise dance would be kinda creepy lol

We would probably look zombie like when we raised up. Our arms would stick str8 out then the body stands.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-07-09 09:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Xarchangel said:
Azulmagia said:

Xarchangel said:
They should give sam something too... Lets try to make them a little better, or give dnc maybe a raise dance, that would be cool.

You got Hasso, you got Seigan, you got the Sekkanoki boost with Hagun, you're already the #1 wanted DD... wtf else do you want?

Hasso II?

lmfao! YES lets make other DD obsolete... jk hahaha
[+]
 Asura.Dajociont
By Asura.Dajociont 2009-07-09 09:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Xanathos said:
nu. incorrect. BLM needs an update.

since the release of ToAU, SE has systematically restructured the game to where it is now "All Jobs....and the BLMs". BLM no longer has a role in ANY pt...other than a BLM pt. then with WotG, they release SCH...which pretty much was a finger in the face of every BLM. and then to rly shove it in & break it off...they gave WHM & RDM some new toys with the last update.

BLM still has one JA, and has not gotten a single update in 5 yrs other than meritables & lolretrace [b/c we all know the best way to help out a DD job is to give them a support/transport spell]. yes, blm is good...but it has been made obsolete & stale. imo, blm has been the most neglected job in the game for 5 years.

BLM needs no update, I've been BLM for a long time, before the whole resist rate *** years back.

BLM can solo so much in this game it's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, it can solo LBC, it can solo some things a RDM can't and if a RDM and BLM can solo it, BLM can solo it faster.

BLM can do so much damage for the mp used it's ridiculous. I don't see why it needs an update.

And the one JA issue? Big deal. It still owns with just one JA. Matter of fact, I barely use Elemental Seal, ever.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-09 09:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So, what do you all think the new additions to the circles will be?

I'm thinking Holy Circle will decrease enmity gained for all in the party except the Paladin while it's up.

Arcane Circle... I'll guess will add a small amount of attack like Warcry.

Warding Circle will probably give some Store TP bonuses. I'd say probably Store TP +10 or so.

Ancient Circle... Probably some Accuracy bonus between 5 and 10.

And Killer Instinct... I have no idea. But, maybe some Subtle Blow.

Or... Will we see the same blanket increases to all of the above abilities?

Edit: Doh! I was beaten to the punch. Guess I need to Refresh the page more. >.>

It looks like we had similar thoughts though based off of their traits. lol
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-09 09:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I must speak in defense of lolretra.... i mean retrace. I actually like this spell. It's fun to cast on tele-bots in jeuno/whitegate and/or that pesky knowitall in ur exp who really doesnt kno ***and is a hinderance who can be repped by about 6 other ppl with their flags up who u kno for a fact are a lot more useful and fun to play with.... Sure there's warp 2 but that spell isnt AS mean lol
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-09 09:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
A dancer raise dance would be kinda creepy lol

We would probably look zombie like when we raised up. Our arms would stick str8 out then the body stands.

Could be like Yuna's dance after Sin comes and wipes a town.
[+]
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-09 09:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Dajociont said:

BLM needs no update, I've been BLM for a long time, before the whole resist rate *** years back.

BLM can solo so much in this game it's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, it can solo LBC, it can solo some things a RDM can't and if a RDM and BLM can solo it, BLM can solo it faster.

BLM can do so much damage for the mp used it's ridiculous. I don't see why it needs an update.

And the one JA issue? Big deal. It still owns with just one JA. Matter of fact, I barely use Elemental Seal, ever.

I still dont get these 'ur job can solo' arguments. almost all the jobs can solo to some extent. My argument to this is it's an MMOrpg. I repeat MMOrpg. Massively Multiplayer Online right? So why should I be forced to go sit in a zone alone with a gob/gigas' pet? Shouldnt i be able to experience some of this massive multiplayerness?

Edit: undiddified that train i was starting.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-09 09:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly don't understand why people always do nothing but *** about updates. I think SE learned a long time ago that a nerf in any way shape or form is bad, so all we've had is additions and improvements. How can you complain? I honestly don't believe that any job is in dire need of ANY update, so stop with the jealous "my job doesn't get an update" *** and be thankful we're getting anything at all.

As for the two BLU spells (I told you so), the whole deal with blue magic is that it's learning monsters abilities and using them against them. Therefor: New mob = new spell. End of story. Doesn't mean they're going to be omfg 10k damage with 12mp.

Seriously, people need to quit bitching. There's no nerf, so what's the problem?
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-09 09:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no nerf "yet". >.>
 Lakshmi.Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-07-09 10:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

thor if that were the case. i will merit circle effect recast... LOL idk thats an interesting idea. im sure SE hadnt thought of that. i like how you used each jobs special attribute. /salute EDIT: @Tbest i like ur ideas as well! @Blazza i dont always agree with u. but i couldnt agree more that bitchng about making jobs better is rediculous. lmfao sorry if i ade mistakes im on my phone at work.
 Asura.Dajociont
By Asura.Dajociont 2009-07-09 10:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Nieko said:
Dajociont said:

I still dont get these 'ur job can solo' arguments. almost all the jobs can solo to some extent. My argument to this is it's an MMOrpg. I repeat MMOrpg. Massively Multiplayer Online right? So why should I be forced to go sit in a zone alone with a gob/gigas' pet? Shouldnt i be able to experience some of this massive multiplayerness?

Edit: undiddified that train i was starting.

First, I don't mean that kind of solo. The solo that takes skill, not 'oh when should I nuke? OH ***LINK OH *** /die'

Secondly, if any BLMs are good at BLM they shouldn't be bitching. MMO has nothing to do with my point, I'm talking about all the job can do itself.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-09 10:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Nieko said:
I must speak in defense of lolretra.... i mean retrace. I actually like this spell. It's fun to cast on tele-bots in jeuno/whitegate and/or that pesky knowitall in ur exp who really doesnt kno ***and is a hinderance who can be repped by about 6 other ppl with their flags up who u kno for a fact are a lot more useful and fun to play with.... Sure there's warp 2 but that spell isnt AS mean lol
Nieko said:
So why should I be forced to go sit in a zone alone with a gob/gigas' pet? Shouldnt i be able to experience some of this massive multiplayerness?

If retrace works on some-one, good chance they're not RMT. Also, if you're on BLM in an exp party you're doing it wrong.

BLM is one of the most sought after jobs in any end-game event (merit/exp is NOT end-game), it sucks that you have to solo pretty much all the way to 75, but that's the price you must pay if you want this high demand job at 75. If you want to get instant invites all the way to 75 and beyond, level brd. Simple as that.
 Valefor.Licid
Server: Valefor
user: Niax
By Valefor.Licid 2009-07-09 10:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

How about you quit your complaining and level another job, BLM has its uses still, just not as much in merit parties. So level BRD or SAM lol.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-07-09 10:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Nieko said:
I'm a blm. U really wanna discuss invite rates? And we have excellent spiked damage output but we have to take it easy most of the time for sake of our terrible defense and oddly-good ability to get hate. How about some way of evening out our usefulness? Perhaps giving players a reason to learn skillchains so we can MB? Doesnt have to necessarily be a blm update but edit something somewhere so that we don't get absolutely lonely from 40-75?
And I do agree. 'two new spells' is ridiculous. They prob wont release what mobs u learn em from either or the names.

BLMs on Fairy have absolutely no problem getting parties nowadays. Manaburns are all the rage.

Oh, guess how I got my EXP from 60-75 on BLU?

BLM solo camps.
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-07-09 10:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully the skillup increase is significant enough to notice. Of course this would come when I've finally mostly caught up my dagger / h2h skills.

Someone mentioned BLU's 2 hour... what IS BLU's 2-hour? Time to check the wiki...
 Shiva.Akajoyroth
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Akajoyroth 2009-07-09 10:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Man...still no update for Black Mage...It seems like the new Selenian cap is the best thing SE is going offer Black Mage.
Black Mages are gonna start turning into stronger power houses...are they just setting Black Mage up so high to just knock it down later in the future...like Ranger? and maybe Samurai?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-09 10:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to get another Martial Arts V or VI for MNK, meritted or otherwise!

edit: isnt BLU 2hour worthless or some ***?
 Asura.Dajociont
By Asura.Dajociont 2009-07-09 10:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

/sighhhhhhhh
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-09 10:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't learn about blm solo camps until later personally, I solo'd only a little, aside from the constant breaks from exp to learn spells, but instead built all my own parties up to 67, then did gob pets in newton to 69, then imps all the way to 75.

</derail>
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Server: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-09 10:15:33
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

BLM just needs something to help more on the DMG per MP problem.

It does get boring soloing sometimes cause of the tidious nuke>sleep>nuke>drain. I missed interacting with other people/jobs. The joy of magic bursts that take almost 50% of the mob's HP. By the time I get to endgame(if I do) I'll need to relearn party BLM after all those months soloing.

I had fun leveling BLM from 73-75 just main healing.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-07-09 10:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

and as for the skill ups boost. i hppe that helps me skill up my parrying more. im at 181 parrying. sad i can skill it up on ep gobs in newton movopolis ; ;
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9