Job Adjustment (Part 2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Job Adjustment (Part 2)
Job Adjustment (Part 2)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Cerberus.Nieko
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-09 17:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
Meikyo Shisui before u get 5 skill... and olden days... before lvl 3 did nothing lol

So SAM is broken 1-3? lol go away.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-09 17:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

/slap Zekky Silly we stopped on blm lol
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Server: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-07-09 17:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Touche'. You got me on the Meikyo Shisui. However, even at level 50 BLU, it seemed to do nothing?

Ninja Edit!: Maybe SE felt guilty for gimping SAM for those few levels so they uber pimped em out at later levels? If so, (and my brain logic tells me that that is the only reason SE continues to pimp the already pimptacular SAM job even more) how long will it be until SE feels guilty for screwing the BLUs? :D
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-09 17:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Mighty Strikes is actually really good, especially when ur capped on Acc and use 2 WS's within the 2hr
 Asura.Zekky
Server: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-07-09 17:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:

I'll stop on you! ._O
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-09 17:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekky said:
Alyria said:

I'll stop on you! ._O

I'll get princess to bite you again!! :P
 Asura.Zekky
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-07-09 17:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
Zekky said:
Alyria said:

I'll stop on you! ._O

I'll get princess to bite you again!! :P

Hmm... We shall draw a tie here...
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Server: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-07-09 17:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

/em likes where this is going... meow...

/wink
 Cerberus.Nieko
Server: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-09 18:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
Mighty Strikes is actually really good, especially when ur capped on Acc and use 2 WS's within the 2hr

My war will never see a lvl high enough to cap acc so i'm wrong here i guess.
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2009-07-09 19:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

yay 2 new spells for my beloved blue but no new JA's, 2H? mah

what the name of the 2 new Blue Magics?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Corrderio
Server: Carbuncle
user: Corrderio
By Carbuncle.Corrderio 2009-07-09 19:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Just like always with Blue Mage, they never said what spells we'll get. We'll find out when people mine the data.

Notes were kinda lackluster. Even if they enhance circle effects I honestly don't see this being used. I'd rather see them revert killer traits back to how they were in 03.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-07-09 19:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

New BLU spells more than likely means we're gonna be eating new weapon skills from new monsters. So that in itself is something to be happy over.

...oh wait, I forgot. People don't play FFXI for fun anymore. :/
 Hades.Sephrin
Server: Hades
user: xSephrinx
By Hades.Sephrin 2009-07-09 20:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hurray for lower to mid increase in skill up gain!

Too bad that my adventure to get Maat's cap has already capped all my skills. If only I had said skill up levels. /sigh

lolcircle abilities aren't too bad. If they gave something like a no TP gain for mobs weak against said circle, that'd be pimp.

Blue Mage is aiight, I guess. It's only natural that SE would give them new spells with the release of new areas and mobs. So in reality it's not an update because they *had* to add them, lol.

In my opinion SE got cheap at the last minute and just fed us some chicken and called it lobster.
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-07-09 22:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The OP should ninja edit his original post and put 'Also, what are your thoughts on blm not getting anything' so it would be ok to talk about it, haha.

You never know, there might still be more job adjustments. "As a follow up to last week's article on new ninja job abilities, it is with pleasure that we introduce other job-related additions and adjustments scheduled for the fast-approaching July version update." There's not really anything in there (not like the last time there was a 'Part 2') that totally suggests this was the '2nd half'...maybe it was the 2nd 1/3rd ^^
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-09 22:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Then I'd ninja edit it right back :P
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-07-09 22:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bojack said:
The OP should ninja edit his original post and put 'Also, what are your thoughts on blm not getting anything' so it would be ok to talk about it, haha.

You never know, there might still be more job adjustments. "As a follow up to last week's article on new ninja job abilities, it is with pleasure that we introduce other job-related additions and adjustments scheduled for the fast-approaching July version update." There's not really anything in there (not like the last time there was a 'Part 2') that totally suggests this was the '2nd half'...maybe it was the 2nd 1/3rd ^^

I agree that BLM needs some help, but come on, it's not in the same position as jobs like BST and SMN. I mean, how many years did it take for SE to simply get the SMN job to function properly? They just fixed it this year, right? To add insult to injury, they've been dangling the carrot of new avatars in front of their faces for over 2 years now. It's ***.

I want to see a BLM adjusted in light of what SE did to SCH. But come on now, we all know that SMN deserves their new avatar. There damn well better be at least one new avatar in the update. This is what I expect to see in the upcoming update notes, in one form or another.
 Ifrit.Shadobi
Server: Ifrit
user: shadobi
By Ifrit.Shadobi 2009-07-10 00:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought maybe cool idea for blm Ability "Synergy" Combine 2 or more elemental spells into one powerful new spell. just a idea please dont flame me >.<;
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-07-10 00:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shadobi said:
I thought maybe cool idea for blm Ability "Synergy" Combine 2 or more elemental spells into one powerful new spell. just a idea please dont flame me >.<;

Don't give the summoners more ideas/excuses for avatars please LOL.
 Ifrit.Shadobi
Server: Ifrit
user: shadobi
By Ifrit.Shadobi 2009-07-10 00:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

summoners???
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-10 00:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Stay on topic...Enough of crying about blm.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-07-10 00:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

yes SMN's lol... "but BLM can combine fire and light, why cant we have phoenix synergy"

believe be they would find a way to twist it into a Q_Q lol.
 Kujata.Segaia
Server: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-07-10 01:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The real jobs that need an update are the petjobs like BST SMN and PUP.

For the summoners:
from the Dengeki interview http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18603

"[...]Oh, and in a rather coy manner, Ogawa apologizes to those ever-patient Summoners, saying their long-awaited new Avatar is just around the corner...[...]"

BST and especially PUP needs an update aswell. Role Reversal and Ventriloguy are abilities that come far too late, besides BST could use a new jug or two or at least get thei jugpets stronger like DRGs wyvern, something like that.
BLU getting 2 spells.. i mean... it's good we get new ones, if we wouldn't get new spells who cares either.

I really hope SE releases a PART III... AND IT BETTER BE GOOD!!!! Because i remember actually they said after "looking closer into the mage jobs" they would continue to the petjobs... so im pretty pissed tbh
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-10 01:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt that the blu spells will be anything too dramatic. We could really do with a decent INT based magical damage spell as the ones we have currently are a bit lacklustre. Another multi-hit (or if Asuran Fists worked) would be a little broken, as it would turn the big 3 into the big 4 and enable us to literally burn our entire MP pool casting damage spells with no break.

I wouldn't be overly surprised to see a curse or amnesia spell. Curse would have the accuracy of lowing (ie: next to impossible to land on anything) and amnesia would just be *** dangerous to use. If you're fighting something with nasty TP moves, your first reaction would be to use amnesia, but as soon as it wears off, the mob is ready to tp and has 300tp, that's not usually a good thing.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see MND or lolCHR down spells, as we can reduce all the other stats. It won't be bind, blind, poison, slow, para, grav, acc down, def down, stun, MAB, DEF or sleep, as we already have multiple spells for all of those, even though a lot of them suck.

An AOE buff of some sort would be nice, as we have very little we can use to support party members (without a 10-20 minute merit JA), but if I had to put money on it, I'd go with a mediocre single hit physical damage spell, and a magical nuke with amnesia or MND down.
[+]
 Valefor.Xenogelion
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Xenogelion 2009-07-10 01:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

if two PUPs can duo diabolos prime then i think PUP cant get anymore better
 Kujata.Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-07-10 01:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image

If we look closer at the pic, we see definetly an offensive spell on the right. Not being sure of the spell on the left you can still imagine it is a kind of buff. Assuming SE likes to use the green color for mostly evasion-, agility-, healing- and damage avoiding spells i think it will go in this direction. Personally im hoping for a faster version of Zephyr Mantle, so i can finally screw /nin.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-07-10 01:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

1 Pup can kill Diabolos Prime, what's your point?...how hard is it to Nuke, deactivate, activate, and repeat? If the Puppetmaster got hate from the puppet's action it wouldn't be possible, which I kind of have a feeling they will change the puppet (not this update, but at some point) to the way smn and bst pets work when you attack with them and release.
 Kujata.Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-07-10 01:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Xenogelion said:
if two PUPs can duo diabolos prime then i think PUP cant get anymore better

It is also soloable.. but psssht >.> i love my free 15k ;P

the point is, looking at pup, the possibilities of healing ur pet is really at the bottom of everything. A shitty Regen JA won't do the thing. Role Reversal helps a lot, but it is a merit JA, so you are screwed if you Level sync.

Also imagine endgame. I took PUP to HNMs, dynamis, sky etc. etc.. The damage is good, improvable but enough to compete with regular DDs if yourdoinitright. The point is that you automaton is a piece of paper. We NEED more possibilities for healing our automaton and keeping it alive pre-75, because it is our mainsource of action, damage and whatnot, period.
 Kujata.Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-07-10 01:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bojack said:
1 Pup can kill Diabolos Prime, what's your point?...how hard is it to Nuke, deactivate, activate, and repeat? If the Puppetmaster got hate from the puppet's action it wouldn't be possible, which I kind of have a feeling they will change the puppet (not this update, but at some point) to the way smn and bst pets work when you attack with them and release.

They wont, SE want the relation of the master and the automaton stay in this unique way.. but we are getting out of topic again.

The right offensive spell looks ice-based, you can see a circle-shape in the animation.. so i think it will definetly some sort of damage-with-added-effect than another multihit. The left buff tbh really looks like Aoe, it is located more away from the blu and therefore seems to target more than the blu himself.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-07-10 01:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

True, but might not be AoE necessarily, could be only able to single target pt members. When you cast Wild Carrot or Magic Fruit on yourself the animation is also out in front of you like that. The look of the animation does kinda look like it may AoE, but we'll only know in a couple weeks ^^ lol.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-10 01:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The pic on the left looks much the same as most magical nukes, in particular mind blast. I'm still thinking single target magical damage, and it looks to be wind based, so it's more likely to be amnesia than MND or CHR down <_<.

One on the right looks like a multi hit physical spell to me, yes it's blue, but it also has the typical look of a physical slashing spell such as claw cyclone, spinal cleave and hysteric barrage... I know HB is blunt, but it looks like slashing :p
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9