Job Adjustment (Part 2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Job Adjustment (Part 2)
Job Adjustment (Part 2)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Asura.Dajociont
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2009-07-09 10:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM does a ton of damage for 164 or 171 MP, even more for 287 mp. With shitty gear you can do 850-950 on level 75 mobs for 164 or 171 mp, 1100 or so with 287 mp. How's that bad? >.>
 Cerberus.Nieko
Server: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-09 10:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lilbusta said:
BLM just needs something to help more on the DMG per MP problem.

It does get boring soloing sometimes cause of the tidious nuke>sleep>nuke>drain. I missed interacting with other people/jobs. The joy of magic bursts that take almost 50% of the mob's HP. By the time I get to endgame(if I do) I'll need to relearn party BLM after all those months soloing.

I had fun leveling BLM from 73-75 just main healing.

This is what i was saying.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-09 10:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we not have every thread about new job updates always end up on blm.....

Is there no love for BST!! What about them!
 Asura.Dajociont
By Asura.Dajociont 2009-07-09 10:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet the BLMs complaining hasn't solod anything other than exp mobs pre/post 75.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-09 10:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Blu 2-hour is pretty close to useless, it will increases the modifier on all spells, so our usual big spells like disseverment really aren't noticeably better, but when used with CASA it will make vertical cleave and cannonball that little bit sexier, and will add a bit of damage to magical based nukes as well.

Doesn't do ***for accuracy of either physical or magical spells which is a damn shame (would be nice if it at least guaranteed I was going to land something like lowing). About all I ever really use it for (aside from mucking about on NM's) is for MP Drainkiss and Magic Hammer in exp parties. Basically I use it as a gimp convert, which only works on mobs with MP and generally gets me back ~4-500MP.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-07-09 10:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

@akajoy wtf are u talkin about? lol u sounded so serious when u asked that. like they'd really nerf BLM. here everyone is complaining they dont make BLM better. and u think they're gonna nerf it. lolgooddaysir
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Server: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-07-09 10:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Blu 2-hour is pretty close to useless, it will increases the modifier on all spells, so our usual big spells like disseverment really aren't noticeably better, but when used with CASA it will make vertical cleave and cannonball that little bit sexier, and will add a bit of damage to magical based nukes as well.

Doesn't do ***for accuracy of either physical or magical spells which is a damn shame (would be nice if it at least guaranteed I was going to land something like lowing). About all I ever really use it for (aside from mucking about on NM's) is for MP Drainkiss and Magic Hammer in exp parties. Basically I use it as a gimp convert, which only works on mobs with MP and generally gets me back ~4-500MP.

Pretty much. It only really makes a difference with /THF. Most people use Disseverment on /NIN and it doesn't have a damage TP mod, so it doesn't increase the damage of it at all.

EDIT: For those who don't know, Azure Lore gives a spell that you combine with Chain Affinity a 350% TP factor. Keep in mind that Azure Lore lasts a fantastic 30 seconds.
 Bahamut.Dtrain
Server: Bahamut
user: Dtrain
By Bahamut.Dtrain 2009-07-09 10:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

A Dancer Raise would be awesome kinda making a Dancer a better side or main job. But Blm needs the Update more than any job atleast an Eminity down skill or something seems like all jobs are invited but Blm its basically like being Isolated in a game with Thousands of people it took the fun out of leveling it for atleast me...
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-07-09 10:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

/bump from BLM thread i say make an update to make DRK more likeable in parties and not just wanted for zerging. i was main DRK for 2 years i know it can be good. but SAM is so much better.. :/ hits faster, faster tp gain, ws more often, better damage mitigation. i mean SAM might not hit the same high numbers as much. but they dont need to.
 Gilgamesh.Xarchangel
By Gilgamesh.Xarchangel 2009-07-09 10:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:

People lvl bst?
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-09 10:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys make it seem like some JAs are going to suddenly make Blm wanted in parties. I can't think of one thing that would make people want to invite a Blm over a Sam or War. Build more manaburns.
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-09 10:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Xarchangel said:
Alyria said:

People lvl bst?

Wait....
What's a BST?
Back-Stabbing Tonberry?
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-09 10:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
You guys make it seem like some JAs are going to suddenly make Blm wanted in parties. I can't think of one thing that would make people want to invite a Blm over a Sam or War. Build more manaburns.

I can, auto-refresh VII... <_<
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-09 10:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I never said anything about a JA. I was suggesting make skillchaining more desirable so more ppl learn how to do more than the tp-burn and thus making magic bursts more common which would in turn get blms in more pts.
 Asura.Dajociont
By Asura.Dajociont 2009-07-09 10:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

>.> solo exp is easier and better most of the time on BLM anyway. Do people really have that much trouble with soloing or what?
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-09 10:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Nieko said:
I was suggesting make skillchaining more desirable so more ppl learn how to do more than the tp-burn and thus making magic bursts more common which would in turn get blms in more pts.

That'd be nice. If they wanna update something, make Skillchaining + Magic Bursting relevant again. I don't know how they'd do it, but they need to figure it out.

And like Kungfu said (I think it was Kungfu) they should erase all colibri from existence... ^^
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-09 10:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Nieko said:
I never said anything about a JA. I was suggesting make skillchaining more desirable so more ppl learn how to do more than the tp-burn and thus making magic bursts more common which would in turn get blms in more pts.

SCing...ha. Now that's a cute concept. :P Only time I see that happening is ToAU areas, which is completely Blm proof, thus solving nothing.
 Gilgamesh.Xarchangel
By Gilgamesh.Xarchangel 2009-07-09 10:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

if they wanna do something for blm, change birds so they do not reflect magic. I bet blm's would get more invites if they could cast ancient magic safely on birds with out fear of being reflected.
 Asura.Dajociont
By Asura.Dajociont 2009-07-09 10:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Nieko said:

SCing...ha. Now that's a cute concept. :P Only time I see that happening is ToAU areas, which is completely Blm proof, thus solving nothing.

MAKE ALL MOBS ROBBER CRABS! GO! Then the unskilled BLMs can stfu D:
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-07-09 10:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Dajociont said:
>.> solo exp is easier and better most of the time on BLM anyway. Do people really have that much trouble with soloing or what?

A. They are retards
B. They can't AFK and leech xp while solo
C. They are lazy, cheap *** *** who care so little about gearing correctly they can't actually kill pets b/c they are resisted so badly and they don't want to buy RR
These are the only two reasons.
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-09 10:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Nieko said:

lol that's my point
 Asura.Dajociont
By Asura.Dajociont 2009-07-09 10:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Dajociont said:

A. They are retards
C. They are lazy, cheap *** *** who care so little about gearing correctly they can't actually kill pets b/c they are resisted so badly and they don't want to buy RR

likely scenario D: sucks that most blms can't exp without a pt. just like most don't know how to use bind. >.>
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-09 10:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Dajociont said:

A. They are retards

Yes it's easier but it's dreadfully boring. nuke-stun-nuke-sleep-nuke rest, assuming one of ur first 2 nukes gets resisted. Playing for 6 hours straight using 2-3 spells is terrible.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-09 10:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Dajociont said:
Haseyo said:
Nieko said:

MAKE ALL MOBS ROBBER CRABS! GO! Then the unskilled BLMs can stfu D:

Scissors Guard is hell for DDs, lol.
 Asura.Dajociont
By Asura.Dajociont 2009-07-09 10:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

SCISSOR GUARD WON'T STAND TO BLM BURN GOOOOOO
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-09 10:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Scissors Guard is hell for DDs, lol.

lol rarabs and hornets for life!
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-09 10:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Nieko said:
I was suggesting make skillchaining more desirable so more ppl learn how to do more than the tp-burn and thus making magic bursts more common which would in turn get blms in more pts.

That'd be nice. If they wanna update something, make Skillchaining + Magic Bursting relevant again. I don't know how they'd do it, but they need to figure it out.

I do actually like this idea. A way around it I think would be to increase exp gain off T-VT (or all) mobs, but decrease the bonus gained for chain #5+. This would mean that you don't necessarily need an infinite exp chain for (close to) max mp/hr.

Then they need some camps with mobs that take longer to kill but offer more exp. For instance, they could make wivres give nearly double the exp of colibri, which would certainly be enough incentive to get me to invite a BLM to merit to SC and MB with.
 Ramuh.Scizor
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2009-07-09 10:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Dajociont said:
Frobeus said:
Dajociont said:

A. They are retards

likely scenario D: sucks that most blms can't exp without a pt. just like most don't know how to use bind. >.>

I gave BLM up because I got so bored of spending countless hours alone sleep nuking stuff, its not fun its mind numbingly boring. Id much prefer to be with people in a party than blowing up stupid rats.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-07-09 10:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Scizor said:
Dajociont said:
Frobeus said:
Dajociont said:

A. They are retards

I gave BLM up because I got so bored of spending countless hours alone sleep nuking stuff, its not fun its mind numbingly boring. Id much prefer to be with people in a party than blowing up stupid rats.

My wife solo'd blm from 70>75 in less than a week. Quit failing.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-09 10:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Dajociont said:
SCISSOR GUARD WON'T STAND TO BLM BURN GOOOOOO

No... but bubble curtain will...
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9