Job Adjustment (Part 2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Job Adjustment (Part 2)
Job Adjustment (Part 2)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-09 13:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Blazza said:
Ludoggy said:
WTF is Circle-type Abilities o.0

learn to read, it actually says them there... arcane circle, warding circle etc. and also killer instinct for some reason.

I dont need to read when you can just tell me.
thanks. :B

So how do you know what I just told you?
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-09 13:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You aussies are too damn smart for a land settled by prisoners.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-07-09 14:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Late to the party, but...

WHAT THE FLYING *** IS THIS ***?!?

Skillup increase was beyond unnecessary. I have never had problems skilling anything except parrying, shield, and guard skill, and shield only because until recently I did not play PLD. If they wanted to buff skillups they only needed to buff those. Circle abilities should have been low priority compared to all the things that actually need adjusting. Yeah they suck, now they'll suck less, but didn't you guys have better things to work on? BLU spells are potentially a good thing and something I expected but gg SE, this is fail.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-09 14:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

QQ more, Nightfyre? Be happy you get anything! Some games don't get updates! You know, there are kids in third-world countries playing with sticks and rocks that would be HAPPY to get updates like this!
[+]
 Asura.Zekky
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-07-09 14:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

BLMs need to l2stfu about getting an update. Your magic is always desired outside of TP burn instances. Sky, sea, dynamis, etc... You're a power house as it is. And someone said about getting retrace as your only update in four years... Um... HELLO. Ancient magic II spells. kthnxbai
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-07-09 14:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Despite the fact that you're baiting me, I will QQ a bit more... Ignore the BLU update for a moment, it was a given and we won't know if it's good until we learn the spells. This is a waste of hard drive space and time spent coding. SE took what should have been low-priority issues and decided to fix them over anything worthwhile and gave NIN an update that may or may not be good pre-75 and won't have a huge effect at 75 since NIN/DRK is no longer the tank of choice. Innin may or may not be worthwhile, but unless the effect is drastic NIN will continue to get passed over for DD invites. Waste, waste, waste.

EDIT: @Zekky: AMII came with the group II merits, doesn't count. Try getting merits when you're primarily BLM to events and have undesirable jobs for meripo, you spend more time getting buffer than you do meriting.
 Midgardsormr.Pirotess
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Pirotess
By Midgardsormr.Pirotess 2009-07-09 14:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, let me put in my two cents (or gil).

For BLM, I think making Conserve MP more of a constant MP discount rather than a "chance to reduce MP cost" i.e. Reduces all MP consumption by 10% or something. I would take this chance to say GIVE US ULTIMA!!!, but I digress... =3

MNK: Just being bias here, but it would be awesome to have a WS that was like 7 kicks ( or even a kickass dropkick) with a def or eva down effect XD
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-09 14:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact of the matter is, SE doesn't "have" to give "anyone" an update. You'll keep playing whether they do or not.

So, what's your point? That they wasted time and didn't give you what you want? Who cares? You get AN update. If it's worthwhile, cool. If not, OH WELL.

And an Eva down ws for Mnk 'might' be cool. Give us Prishe's drop-kick!
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-09 14:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorta agreeing with Tbest here (Which never happens) but you all need to just shut up about updates >.> One minute, everyone is whining about not being able to get parties, then SE adds Level Sync, which makes it a lot easier.
Then you start whining that you can't skill up with Level Sync, so SE adds something that makes it faster to skill up.
And now you're whining about being able to skill up faster >.> It's like you get what you want, and still complain.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-09 14:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

O..M...G.... *Looks around frantically for the riders.*
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-07-09 14:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:
Despite the fact that you're baiting me, I will QQ a bit more... AMII came with the group II merits, doesn't count. Try getting merits when you're primarily BLM to events and have undesirable jobs for meripo, you spend more time getting buffer than you do meriting.
^this

I had to level RDM in order to merit effectively. 20-30k/hr @TP meripo > 10k/hr at pudding camps. Especially when you always risk running into selfish solo ***.

BLM buffer is a constant struggle as well as wasted time that could be spent doing other things.

As for AM II and Retrace? LoL... if SE wanted to be kid to BLM's they'd give us BIO III, Drain II and how about an Aspir II? For a job that has A- dark magic skill, there's not a wide variety of spells.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-07-09 15:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
I'm sorta agreeing with Tbest here (Which never happens) but you all need to just shut up about updates >.> One minute, everyone is whining about not being able to get parties, then SE adds Level Sync, which makes it a lot easier.
Then you start whining that you can't skill up with Level Sync, so SE adds something that makes it faster to skill up.
And now you're whining about being able to skill up faster >.> It's like you get what you want, and still complain.

It's not what I wanted, hence my complaint. I have no complaints with the Level Sync system preventing you from skilling up. I have no problem keeping my skills capped on any job, barring stuff like Guard and Parrying that this will only have a minor effect on since it doesn't extend into the higher levels. To me improving skillups is coding time and HDD space that could have been spent addressing other issues, job-specific or not. Even with jobs that generally don't get invites, I don't complain because I solo while LFP. Your statement may apply to others, but not to me.

EDIT: I'm going to back away from my original stance on the circle traits for now. Depending on what's implemented it could be a useful update. I stand by my position on the skillup buff though, especially since it doesn't affect the higher levels.
 Bahamut.Pheliont
Server: Bahamut
user: Pheliont
By Bahamut.Pheliont 2009-07-09 15:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:

Kids gotta love em :P JK
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Server: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-07-09 15:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, I never meant the first comment I made in this thread to start a pissing or river crying contest over BLM. Now that that is out of the way, all this about "BLM can solo and STFU" talk... seriously? is that why you log on to play ffxi? to solo for hours on end? Secondly, BLM in End Game is a constant battle for xp. I spend several hours each week soloing ***to get back the 10k in xp loss I eat every week in events. I can hear it now "Stop *** dying!" When you are sleeping mobs in Dynamis, sometimes you get an unlucky break. ***happens. And eating 5 raise 1's in an event can suck the fun outta the game due to the fact that you know there is hours of soloing in store to make it up. Hours I could be screwing around with friends that don't invite me to merit parties because I'm main BLM.

I had to level MNK just to get merits by NOT soloing them. Granted I love the job.

I thought SE had given a boon to BLM with the advent of Campaign, and in fact, early on, the xp was great. Then came the "adjustments". These effectively destroyed most of the xp that BLM could get in campaign. All the while, oddly, every other mage job is unaffected. That's neither here, nor there, however. BLM the world over let out a collective sigh and moved on. It's what they do.

Now, I am pretty much "THE" BLM for my EGLS. That being said, my job of nuking time stats was even thrown aside recently. Simply because SAM can run in and one shot it with a fancy WS. I rarely was able to consistently one shot stats. And before you elitests come outta the woodwork, my gear is decent. I spend the time and gil to effectively outfit all my 75 jobs, and those I am actively leveling. There isn't much better gear that I can get, sans an obi or two, and maybe some HQ crap that gives me +1 INT stat for 30 million gil... After capping my INT and elemental skill merits, I am still outdamaged by a talented SAM. Let that soak in.

Yes, I can do more damage than a SAM. But, no, I cannot survive longer than the SAM with other melee hitting the mob. Or if it's sleep-proof. So while the SAM is throwing out several thousands in damage, I have to throw out a 1500-2k freeze II, then wait... and continue to wait. All the while, the SAM is throwing third eye up and meditating again to rip the mob a second or third ***.

Am I upset that BLM didn't get an update? Not at all. Any update for any job is great.

Do I think BLM need to be given something? Absolutely.

(and now that the book is written... a bit of wishful thinking for my BLM. An ability that drops the ENM of my next cast to nearly nothing. That wouldn't unbalance the game, but would cut out the waiting between AMII casts. Wishful thinking right?)

Oh, and I'm extremely interested in seeing what added effects or potency increases they give circle abilities.

/end rant
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-09 15:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

But this isn't about blm... this update is about BLU so let's just move along and stay on topic of BLU update not all the crying of blm.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-09 15:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I quit playing FFXI since June, so yeah, SE can shove it up their *** mwuahahahaha
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-07-09 16:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Aye, I'm willing to rerail the topic now. I was responding to people taking my off color sarcasm as a license to run rampant and bash everyone. And I caught the jab on BLM noobs... -.- /hearthurt

I'm not big on BLU, never took it above 50, so I've no clue how it works in the higher levels. I know I wouldn't shake a stick at the BLUs we have in some events. They do some damn good damage already. I'm wondering if the spells they are introducing are more akin on stat boosts, or more damage dealing spells. IMO they have enough good DD spells to fill up their limited lists already. The lack of being able to set spells on the fly kills some adaptability of the job, but not much. And I've already stated the circle possibilities.

The skill thing is kinda meh. Doesn't affect me in the least. You can't skill up blue stuff. Maybe I'll start a thread about blue numbers and QQ over there.
 Asura.Deodate
user: deodate
By Asura.Deodate 2009-07-09 16:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekky said:
BLMs need to l2stfu about getting an update. Your magic is always desired outside of TP burn instances. Sky, sea, dynamis, etc... You're a power house as it is. And someone said about getting retrace as your only update in four years... Um... HELLO. Ancient magic II spells. kthnxbai

The Case for BLMs is that since SCH has been introduced, our "role" has been diminished. And not only in the sense that "now there's a job who can do stuff like we do, QQ" but, b/c they can do it on a nearly equal level. SCH nukes are nearly as effective and cost less and can be cast more often. Sure on SOME things our higher elemental skill or AM2 might give us an edge, but I can still see how BLM feel sleighted in updates. We still only have 1 non-2hr ability. The l33t elemental seal (that you can use even as blm sub). No one is saying BLM are too weak. They're saying adjustments should be made to differentiate them. A new job trait or ability level 40+ would be nice.

I guess we'll always have our AM2s, right? That should last us till the end of time. No more BLM updates, you're done!
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-09 16:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Deodate said:
Zekky said:

The Case for BLMs is that since SCH has been introduced, our "role" has been diminished. And not only in the sense that "now there's a job who can do stuff like we do, QQ" but, b/c they can do it on a nearly equal level. SCH nukes are nearly as effective and cost less and can be cast more often. Sure on SOME things our higher elemental skill or AM2 might give us an edge, but I can still see how BLM feel sleighted in updates. We still only have 1 non-2hr ability. The l33t elemental seal (that you can use even as blm sub). No one is saying BLM are too weak. They're saying adjustments should be made to differentiate them. A new job trait or ability level 40+ would be nice.

I guess we'll always have our AM2s, right? That should last us till the end of time. No more BLM updates, you're done!

You have valid points, but just stop and think about it for a second.

WHM is a healer, but RDM can do it more efficiently. Been that way from the start.

WAR is a DD and tank, but DRK/PLD can do that more efficiently. Been that way from the start.

BRD is a good support job, but COR is a better one. Been that way since ToAU.

BLM has been largely the only magic DD until now, so instead of whining that there's a job that can do the same thing now, you should be happy that you've been uncontested so long.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-07-09 16:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Deodate said:
Zekky said:

Try subbing SCH.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-07-09 17:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Azulmagia said:
Try subbing SCH.

Trust me when I say don't.

Rerailing, BLU is pretty well designed and so it really doesn't need much aside from an adjustment to Azure Lore so you're not reliant on Chain Affinity and a handful of "damage increases with TP" spells. However, the presence of new mob families (the gargoyles in the Northlands Campaign pic), made a pretty strong case for new BLU spells.
 Asura.Diraphe
user: Diraphe
By Asura.Diraphe 2009-07-09 17:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

IMO if they want to buff BLM the best way would be to buff Magic Bursts.
Perhaps if a magic burst is successfully landed it would decrease the mp cost of the spell, or give +5 ele skill to the following spell.
Whatcha think blms?
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-09 17:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I think stop trying to get blm topic back on and stick to blu update.
 Cerberus.Nieko
Server: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-09 17:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
I think stop trying to get blm topic back on and stick to blu update.

Notice, I stayed outta that one.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-07-09 17:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure Alyria means the BLU, PLD, DRG, SAM, DRK, etc, skill ups for all jobs update. Lets not forget this is not solely about the BLUs. (Insert smiley to diffuse sarcasm here.)
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-09 17:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Chupacabra said:
I'm sure Alyria means the BLU, PLD, DRG, SAM, DRK, etc, skill ups for all jobs update. Lets not forget this is not solely about the BLUs. (Insert smiley to diffuse sarcasm here.)

Yes this ^ lol
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-07-09 17:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

lol ^^

Back to BLU. Aren't you guys in desperate need of a decent 2hr? Isn't that on the wish list? I think someone should write to their local senator for a massive overhaul there. "Gee Squeenix, tanx for da new spells! ... but uhh... me and the guys were wondering when you were actually gonna give us a working 2hr? Thanks in advance, the BLUs of FFXI."

I've used the BLU 2hr before, and I'm still not sure exactly what it does? I've read the description, and read peoples accounts. But, still. It may be that it scales better at 75 than at 50. But (lotta buts here) isn't the purpose of a 2hr to change the possible outcome of a battle, even at level 1? Lemme tell you, using Azure Lore at level 5 when you're getting your *** kicked ain't gonna make that Foot Kick land any harder.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-09 17:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Chupacabra said:
lol ^^

Back to BLU. Aren't you guys in desperate need of a decent 2hr? Isn't that on the wish list? I think someone should write to their local senator for a massive overhaul there. "Gee Squeenix, tanx for da new spells! ... but uhh... me and the guys were wondering when you were actually gonna give us a working 2hr? Thanks in advance, the BLUs of FFXI."

I've used the BLU 2hr before, and I'm still not sure exactly what it does? I've read the description, and read peoples accounts. But, still. It may be that it scales better at 75 than at 50. But (lotta buts here) isn't the purpose of a 2hr to change the possible outcome of a battle, even at level 1? Lemme tell you, using Azure Lore at level 5 when you're getting your *** kicked ain't gonna make that Foot Kick land any harder.

Meikyo Shisui before u get 5 skill... and olden days... before lvl 3 did nothing lol
 Cerberus.Nieko
Server: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-09 17:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

About broken 2hrs, a couple others could use a fix. Mighty Misses for one. Pretty sure that's NEVER got me out of a sticky situation. Maybe mod Invincible a bit so it at least halves magic damage? And I dont even kno what SCH's 2hr is. Is it good? idk, just random ideas here to keep the thread goin.
 Asura.Zekky
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-07-09 17:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You all QQ about BLM but know what? There is no way BLMs will ever be able to get the exp that DDs get since you all rely on MP. What kind of job abilities or job traits or whatever could help out? Nothing. Because you'll eventually get to your last 100 MP and have to /heal and wait for your MP to build back up. So yeah. While it's a rough world for exping or buffing, you're still one of the most priced jobs end-game. It's some tough love. =(
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9