Job Adjustment (Part 2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Job Adjustment (Part 2)
Job Adjustment (Part 2)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Kujata.Segaia
Server: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-07-10 02:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbh amnesia would be more than sexy. Tho i think SE considers this a too strong debuff, like break or breakga. Doubt BLU will ever get an "Additional effect: Amnesia" spell. It would be pretty much change a lot of the game, when a BLU can stick amnesia on BCNM mobs, HNMs etc., even with a low rate of success.

Tho we will see the gargoyle mobs, that slept so long in the DATs, so noone knows what they will bring us.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-10 02:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Well keep in mind that blu already has two spells that can lower mob TP and another that inflicts plague (lowers tp over time).

I honestly don't think that an amnesia spell would be as handy as people think even if it does have a good accuracy rate, as it will simply 'cause the mob to store TP and unleash a stronger tp move when amnesia wears off. Like, you know how in the mire when amnesia wears off the entire party at once and the imp suddenly drops dead from tp spam? That's what it would be like.
 Kujata.Segaia
Server: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-07-10 02:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It totally depends. You wouldn't care about a 300 TP AoE-Silence from imps, would you? Because no matter how much TP the result remains the same. What you say only applies to attack moves, tho most mobs like imps spam debuffs (especially imps). On 300 TP a debuff might take longer to wear off, depending which one it is, but assuming that the mob could have gotten at least 3 TP moves out of it makes amnesia a powerfull effect in players hands.

Aswell in the high levels you focus on blinktank damage, therefore even multihit moves of 300 TP will mostly fire out with really low damage. Also, and this goes for playerweaponskills aswell as mobskills, 3 moves hit harder than one big shot(not including some exceptions here).

Tho you are right, mobs like spiders, who have dangerous one-hit-attacks shouldn't be handled with amnesia, 300 TP can result in a oneshot, depending on your level.
 Bahamut.Gengi
Server: Bahamut
user: Gengi
By Bahamut.Gengi 2009-07-10 03:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not going lie and honestly say i wasn't expecting more 4 Blu. but hey 2 new spells cant be all that bad. they look kinda sic <graphic wise anyways>.

/derail my main beef with SE atm was nerf they did on blu. it just me or any1 notice how much LESS the big 3 usually do? my blu is full merited n well equip n i pray that i even break 600 with any of the big 3 on a vt-IT mob. /rant done

yea but like others said we'll just have to wait n see how the updates actually translate to actual gameplay
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-07-10 04:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU doesn't need more spells

SE needs 2 fix all the crappy ones 1st

=/

I hope there is more job adjustments cuz I feel screwed on this 1
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-10 08:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

What's wrong with 600 damage on a VT-IT mob? My typical damage on nyzul bosses is about 4-500 damage. Sure most DD jobs ws's can beat that, but I can do at least three spells for every one of their ws's. Only job that has out DD'd me so far is 2-hour sam.

Colibri typical disseverment is about 5-600, occasionally hitting 6-700, and hitting 900-1k with chain affinity. Most jobs can easily top that with ws's, but I can pretty easily cast two spells on practically every mob without ever running out of MP.

My spells have never done more than that, I honestly can't say I noticed them suddenly doing less damage, so I don't understand how you think we were nerfed?
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-10 08:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not saying BLU isn't a competent DD, but don't you think you're being a bit self-centered, Blazza? I mean I know BLU has the potential to do a lot of damage, but if any BLU was capable of out-doing ANY other DD, all the merit parties would be scrambling to invite BLUs and lots more people would be leveling it.

And I looked at your gear. It's definitely capable of doing the numbers you say it would on spells, but BLU has terrible DoT, and even with unlimited MP, you can't compete with a competent MNK or other DOT job.
 Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf
Server: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf 2009-07-10 10:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU DoT out ranks any other job if the the BLU isn't stupid.

2 New spells are nice, but I agree with everyone else and think they should of fixed some of the others(mainly 1000 Needles and Asuran Claws)

As for the new 2hr debate I'd have to say Azure Lore is fine the way it is.
The only people who say Azure Lore sucks are the people who have no idea how to use it correctly. I think the only thing that should be done to Azure Lore is that when used your MP should refill to max. Since 2hrs are meant to be used as a last resort and if your in a situation where you need to use it, chances are your MP is somewhere under 20% and therefore making the 2hr "useless".
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-07-10 10:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the fact that the Disseverment poison comes out to 6HP/second help our DoT out by any significant amount?
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-10 10:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, usually SE hints when they're done telling you what they got. Such as "Revealing the second half of the update...blahblahblah"
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-07-10 11:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
The pic on the left looks much the same as most magical nukes, in particular mind blast. I'm still thinking single target magical damage, and it looks to be wind based, so it's more likely to be amnesia than MND or CHR down <_<.

One on the right looks like a multi hit physical spell to me, yes it's blue, but it also has the typical look of a physical slashing spell such as claw cyclone, spinal cleave and hysteric barrage... I know HB is blunt, but it looks like slashing :p

Figured this was worth responding to, there's a second half on the animation of the first spell that shows orange waves moving upwards. Expect a new buff.
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-07-10 12:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Just kinda thought about this too...that Blu spell on the right seems like it's a long multi hit for this reason: The spell animation in still on the goblin even tho the Blue Mage is done with the casting animation. But, maybe not haha, just kinda had that thought.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-10 13:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
I'm not saying BLU isn't a competent DD, but don't you think you're being a bit self-centered, Blazza? I mean I know BLU has the potential to do a lot of damage, but if any BLU was capable of out-doing ANY other DD, all the merit parties would be scrambling to invite BLUs and lots more people would be leveling it.

And I looked at your gear. It's definitely capable of doing the numbers you say it would on spells, but BLU has terrible DoT, and even with unlimited MP, you can't compete with a competent MNK or other DOT job.

How am I being self-centred? You said yourself that you believe I can do the numbers I said I can do, so what is it you don't believe me about? A good blu can go toe-to-toe with the best DD jobs in certain situations, such as lolcolibri and nyzul bosses, and I generally out-parse most people I do these with. But when it comes to serious events, other jobs will start to over-take me pretty bad.

I'm probably one of the lowest DD's in einherjar, A: because it's a very pimp shell and B: because blu gets very little benefit from cor and brd buffs in comparison to other DD. I also mentioned that blu is great for burning their MP pool for fast damage, but blue magic doesn't hold up so well against high DEF mobs, even if you debuff the crap out of them, things like KV/Kirin burns or einherjar bosses, blu really doesn't stack up so well.

I'm completely confident in my ability to keep up with damage in some of the best merit parties, but the reason that blu is not sought after is because it takes a lot of work to get to that level. Blu is a fun job, and not terribly difficult for standard exp/merit crap, so there are a LOT of casual blu's out there that don't put in the same effort to their gear as I do.

Moral of the story: with unlimited MP I could strip the *** off any MNK or DoT job, but with MP as it stands, I can still be right up there or ahead of them in parse for merits. But I'm a career blu, so you would expect me to perform better than most of the random blu's you see in merit parties. (I had a blu blu blu blu rdm brd party on colibri once, it sucked balls)

Nightfyre said:
Figured this was worth responding to, there's a second half on the animation of the first spell that shows orange waves moving upwards. Expect a new buff.

Where'd you see the second half? :o I hope it's not a buff, because you can guarantee it'll be a useless one if it is.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-07-10 13:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Nightfyre said:

Where'd you see the second half? :o I hope it's not a buff, because you can guarantee it'll be a useless one if it is.

The spell turns you orange. This enables you to use Orange Magic. It is the direct opposite of Blue Magic. You learn spells from other jobs' job abilities.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-07-10 13:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Nightfyre said:

BG thread for the update. Apparently the first spell has been in the .dats for a while, Tummie swapped it in for Disseverment, Refueling, and Diamondhide and posted videos. Videos for Disseverment and Refueling swaps here, Diamondhide swap is on page 7.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-10 13:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Weird, it definitely looks to me like an AOE that you'd cast on an enemy rather than an ally, but then the last bit, the red animation goes upwards, which would suggest a buff rather than a debuff. Someone on BG suggested aoe berserk but onto mobs instead of onto party, which could be an amnesia type spell if you look at berserk like in previous FF games. It would also stack the DEF down with Frightful roar...

I'm gonna go with aoe debuff of some sort for that one, although I'm really not sure what. But of course, it really could be anything.
 Bahamut.Gengi
user: Gengi
By Bahamut.Gengi 2009-07-10 13:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
What's wrong with 600 damage on a VT-IT mob? My typical damage on nyzul bosses is about 4-500 damage. Sure most DD jobs ws's can beat that, but I can do at least three spells for every one of their ws's. Only job that has out DD'd me so far is 2-hour sam.

Colibri typical disseverment is about 5-600, occasionally hitting 6-700, and hitting 900-1k with chain affinity. Most jobs can easily top that with ws's, but I can pretty easily cast two spells on practically every mob without ever running out of MP.

My spells have never done more than that, I honestly can't say I noticed them suddenly doing less damage, so I don't understand how you think we were nerfed?

my thing is after the infamous nerf update where they killed blm soloin with the sleep nerf, n where they messed up on blu spell n then "fixing" it, i saw a notice decrease in offense power with the big 3. n with birds before the nerf without CA i was doin 600 -800 dmg per disseverement. now its 500-700. i mean it may not be a huge thing to some, but when ur big 3 spam/zerg average goes from 1800-2300 dmg in 6 sec to 1200 - 1800 u tend to notice.

http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/73038-blue-mage-spell-3big-spell-after-update-got-nerfed.html
 Fairy.Lethewaters
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-07-10 13:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

so how long will this update take? 1 week?
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-10 13:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

When was this? I started playing not long after ToAU came out and went straight for blu (had played before so I didn't waste too much time noobing around), I never noticed anything like this or simply don't remember.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-10 14:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Was a couple months ago when they changed sleep potency/duration.
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
Server: Seraph
user: xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2009-07-10 14:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

woooot killer instinct is gettin buffed...go BST!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-07-10 14:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
When was this? I started playing not long after ToAU came out and went straight for blu (had played before so I didn't waste too much time noobing around), I never noticed anything like this or simply don't remember.

I think Gengi's talking about the various accidental nerfs last update (ACP). Enfeebling resistance, Charm, certain BLU spells, PUP ranged attack, etc. All of it was fixed eventually.

I'd go with AoE debuff as well, except the waves move upwards. That's counterintuitive. Old-school Berserk effect would be awesome, basically a spell version of the anima that blocks Empty TP moves.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-10 14:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if I want to increase the attack power/speed of most mobs just to avoid TP moves for a short time. >.> Would be very situational and probably combined with Invincible from the Pld. lol
 Cerberus.Nieko
Server: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-10 14:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
I don't know if I want to increase the attack power/speed of most mobs just to avoid TP moves for a short time. >.>

lol i can see nin's getting eaten alive by mandies now.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-10 14:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a long cast... Hey what are you...? AAAAAHHHHH! *Dead tank.*
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-07-10 15:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a feeling they won't very good. Prolly something HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE like, a 2-hit sleep spell that puts the monster to sleep on the first hit and wakes them up with the dmg from the second hit....lol...
 Odin.Moondaddy
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2009-07-10 15:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Wardens said:
/bump from BLM thread i say make an update to make DRK more likeable in parties and not just wanted for zerging. i was main DRK for 2 years i know it can be good. but SAM is so much better.. :/ hits faster, faster tp gain, ws more often, better damage mitigation. i mean SAM might not hit the same high numbers as much. but they dont need to.

maybe se will release a video to teach drk's how to not die everytime they ws in xp pt, then maybe drks will see xp invites. dead drk in eg means you pumped out crazy damage and helped the over all goal of the group, dead drk in xp just means u slowin down the smart ppl
 Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf
By Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf 2009-07-10 15:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm judging from that video it could just be Warcry. Which is a shame since BLUs don't benefit from ATT unless we are talking sword damage.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9