Forum » FFXI » General » How to prevent the level cap increase:
How to prevent the level cap increase:
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Remora.Willoflame
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
By Remora.Willoflame 2010-02-28 13:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to start out by stating that if you don't like this idea, then don't even bother reading past what I have to say, and don't bother flaming me either. I'm merely making a suggestion and possibly solving this upcoming issue.

Judging by the 12,000+ views at this point on the "Level cap 99" topic, as well as the negative feedback in post replies, we can all assume that everyone is about as equally upset with this issue as the next. This is unquestionably one of the lowest things that Square Enix could do at this point.

So how do you fix it? Well, sitting on ffxiah.com forums and complaining with 300 other people is not going to solve your issue, I assure it. Square Enix employees are not paid to read these forums. However, they ARE paid to read the feedback. Now, I know this seems silly. Why would they read your feedback? Why would it matter to them at this point? XIV is coming out soon, why should I bother? Well, if you have any respect for this game, or the amount of time that you've put in to this game, perfecting your characters, testing out strategies, or parsing out numbers to find what's best in what situation, then you'd take 10 minutes out of your busy schedule and write a letter of feedback to Square Enix.

http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=20&la=1

The link above is the North American link to the "Contact Us" page on playonline.com. If you don't trust copy-pasting this into your browser, you can find the same page by going to playonline.com > Service and Support > Contact (It's on the upper-right hand corner of the page) > Feedback.

There are a number of things to remember when writing constructive feedback. I think I speak for everyone when I say that it's not every day that I leave feedback to anything. Here's a few tips on how to get your voice heard, while remaining respectful, and courteous in your feedback:

*Be assertive, but don't be rude. Square Enix does not want to hear ugly remarks.
*Get to the point. Don't make a wall of text for them to read. State what you have to say, and send it.
*Make your statement clear and bold. Make sure that they know what you are saying.
*Make sure that they understand that you mean BUSINESS. If you think that what you say may not be enough, tell them that this sort of behavior is not something that you want to see in future FF games.

Perhaps if the 12,000 people who viewed the "Level cap 99" topic are to submit a feedback, stating that they do not like the idea, they may just revoke it. While you may think that the feedback thing is a joke, it's not. Believe it or not, Square Enix employees are paid to do their job, so they will see what you have to say. It even says in a subtitle: "While we value your feedback and review each submission, we do not provide responses to these types of contacts. Thank you for your submission." You don't need a reply, just make sure that you send something.

When they see a healthy amount of dislike on this, they may just change their mind. ;)

Again, thank you all who actually do this. And to those who are about to flame me in a post, grow up, please.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-28 13:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol I like how you make everyone who agrees with you sound like a good guy but anyone who disagrees with you needs to grow up. Lulz
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-02-28 13:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's the problem.

300 people are upset, so they voice their opinions about this.

The other 20000+ people are happy about this, but it doesn't affect them enough to create "hate threads" or "love threads" because they are waiting to see.

You are only voicing 1 side of the argument because thats the side thats most vocal at this point.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2010-02-28 13:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Here's the problem.

The other 20000 people are happy about this, but it doesn't affect them enough to create "hate threads" or "love threads" because they are waiting to see.

You are only voicing 1 side of the argument because thats the side thats most vocal at this point.
^
[+]
 Seraph.Aena
Server: Seraph
user: Phoenixe
By Seraph.Aena 2010-02-28 13:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just viewing that other thread frequently for something to read, especially since it moves fast.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-28 13:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Willoflame said:
I'm scared of change WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Fix'd

Obviously you haven't been around the internet long, but online petitions do nothing. Look at L4D2 and CoD: MW2.

You're all going to play the new content.

Prove me wrong.
[+]
 Remora.Willoflame
Server: Remora
By Remora.Willoflame 2010-02-28 13:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't matter if there's people who like it or not. I'm saying, if you DON'T like the idea, then don't just sit here and let them spank you about it. Let them know how you feel about it.
[+]
 Titan.Marzbarz
Server: Titan
user: MarzBarz
By Titan.Marzbarz 2010-02-28 13:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see that changing anything.
[+]
 Diabolos.Ghlin
Server: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-02-28 13:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

not trying to flame, but dude, petitions like this never work. good luck though.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-28 13:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing I don't like is that they stopped at 99.

I've always dreamed of chainspell AM and now I'm 1 lvl away from doing it.

/cry
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-28 13:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:

/cry

My god that would be so powerful lol.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-28 13:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Well in all reality chainspelling Thunder 4 would be better. Slightly more dmg like 1/2 the mp cost... But it would look awesome
[+]
 Odin.Dryzt
Server: Odin
user: Dryzt
By Odin.Dryzt 2010-02-28 13:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:

/cry

guess you'll have to settle for Manifestation AM2 :o
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-02-28 13:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
The only thing I don't like is that they stopped at 99. I've always dreamed of chainspell AM and now I'm 1 lvl away from doing it. /cry
And run out of mp on the 2nd nuke? 4th if you are a taru AND get lucky on Conserve MP.

[+]
 Phoenix.Mogue
Server: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-02-28 13:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You're *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
[+]
 Valefor.Mattyc
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Mattyc 2010-02-28 13:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont see the problem with lvl 99 to be honest...
more reason to log on and not be miserable...
people say this game is dying well i think something like this will boost morale to keep playing.
a petition based on 12,000 people not gonna help much if at all.
there are people who disregard even making a ffxiah page to even log onto.
its a moot point because im sure 80%+ of the population of ffxi will agree lvl 99 (Yes,Please)
people who invested 7 years into a video game aren't just gonna be like omg theres a new lvl cap i quit!
let alone the fact there are still people just starting the game atm lol.
not disagreeing with you at all sir its a valid point from some peoples eyes just think it wouldn't work.
btw i hate leveling jobs....but think of the outcome of doing so.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2010-02-28 13:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

/cry

My god that would be so powerful lol.

CS > Freeze > Freeze > Freeze > Convert > Freeze > Freeze... lol
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-28 13:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dryzt said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
The only thing I don't like is that they stopped at 99. I've always dreamed of chainspell AM and now I'm 1 lvl away from doing it. /cry
Doesn't work on nukes. And thundaga has about the same base dmg of an AM2 anyways
 Odin.Dryzt
Server: Odin
user: Dryzt
By Odin.Dryzt 2010-02-28 13:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

oh...well that sucks. screw it I'm signing the petition.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-02-28 13:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
MP pool would have to scale too. :P Even then, you'd only manage 3 or 4ish. And then convert, 6-8ish!

And prepare to die the second you're out of MP and you've got 1 HP left from convert, lol.

Assuming the said mob survives.
 Diabolos.Dcon
Server: Diabolos
user: Dcon
By Diabolos.Dcon 2010-02-28 13:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

i love all the new changes its good for the ppl who will not leave for 14 who enjoy this game. its almost like a whole new game. i mean what would you rather of hand 3 new bell emotes?
[+]
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-02-28 13:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Remora.Willoflame said:
I'm scared of change WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Fix'd

Obviously you haven't been around the internet long, but online petitions do nothing. Look at L4D2 and CoD: MW2.

You're all going to play the new content.

Prove me wrong.

This
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-02-28 13:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Odin.Dryzt said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Doesn't work on nukes. And thundaga has about the same base dmg of an AM2 anyways
Self-hailstorm + Freeze II (or Blizzard V, or Blizaga IV) + Obi = what are you talking about now SCHs?

Edit: Oh, and lets not forget about Klimaform either....
 Carbuncle.Kyhira
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Kyhira 2010-02-28 13:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure at lv 99 you'd have spells that would make chainspell > AM seems pretty weak. Remember you're gonna be 49 levels above the lv for AM. So in reality it would be like chainspell Stone (1) on a lv ~50 mob
[+]
 Phoenix.Varrin
Server: Phoenix
user: Varrin
By Phoenix.Varrin 2010-02-28 13:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Gungnir +1 and I are in agreement with Mogue.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-28 13:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kyhira said:
I'm sure at lv 99 you'd have spells that would make chainspell > AM seems pretty weak. Remember you're gonna be 49 levels above the lv for AM. So in reality it would be like chainspell Stone (1) on a lv ~50 mob
But it would look cool. And if rdm doesn't get at least blizz 4 in those lvls alot of rdms gunna ***bricks....

I mean seriously a pup having higher nukes at 75 then a 99 rdm
 Siren.Maximillion
Server: Siren
user: mozart
By Siren.Maximillion 2010-02-28 13:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Here's the problem.

The other 20000 people are happy about this, but it doesn't affect them enough to create "hate threads" or "love threads" because they are waiting to see.

This pretty much summed it up.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Aerokii
Server: Gilgamesh
user: aerokii
By Gilgamesh.Aerokii 2010-02-28 14:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh man am I excited for the level cap increase. All the more excuse to see the new zones meant for leveling up to 99, the ability to solo/duo more current mobs without need for creating huge parties to take down something only one person needs... I wonder if they'll eventually increase the NPC level cap as well? It would only make sense...

Hm! I wonder what Paladins will get out of this? I mean, everyone's excited about the possibilities of the RDM of course, and rightfully so, but this opens up whole new worlds of job combinations, new and more powerful spells for generating and keeping hate, as well as finally feeling like an equal to the campaign NPC's whose power always made me feel inadequate!

Why must I wait until June?! WHY?!
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8