Forum » FFXI » General » How to prevent the level cap increase:
How to prevent the level cap increase:
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Izey 2010-02-28 16:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Zandra said:
Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone said:
Hades.Zandra said:
just before I probably get my last pieces of gear it will all be just about worthless, thanks for nothing SE.

How?

The people who still play have built their characters up from the ground. They lead shells, and they have acquired a specific in game wealth. Having a few 75 jobs (let alone 15-20) means something in this game, a certain flexibility. By raising the lvl cap SE is going to confiscate that flexibility and make it worthless, so now everything everyone has worked so hard to for, is worthless.

This isn't like adding a new piece of gear, where to stay on top you need to get it. This is taking everything you've worked for and making it WORTHLESS. This is redesigning the whole game months before its effectively outdated.

Ummm yea, I have 11x 75's.(Not complainin)
The game will be outdated soon.
Very few people will remain, followed by server shutdown.

Sooo 1 more time.... why don't we wanna push this game to the limit again? (Before we don't get to play at all)
I mean once no one can play it anymore everything you did will be "WORTHLESS" Anyway.
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-02-28 16:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Anyone who uses AF feet on pld is gimp because it's level 52 omgwtfbbq

AF+1 is 74.
 Remora.Thiefninja
Server: Remora
user: Gawdless
By Remora.Thiefninja 2010-02-28 16:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Anyone who uses AF feet on pld is gimp because it's level 52 omgwtfbbq
AF 1 is 74.

if your 75 using af feet that arn't +1 then yeah ill say your gimp >.> haha jk. but srsly o.o
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-02-28 16:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said:
I wonder if ppl had this argument when they increased the original level cap

no because this game was new and fresh and not the stagnant cesspool its become as far as 'elite' players goes, this update is just what this game needed and I /applaud SE
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-28 16:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It'll get all the comfortable/elitest 75s off their *** and get to playing the game again. Or just quit. Either way I like this.
[+]
 Hades.Zandra
Server: Hades
user: Zandra7
By Hades.Zandra 2010-02-28 16:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Artemicion said:
Hades.Zandra said:
Hades.Zandra said:
just before I probably get my last pieces of gear it will all be just about worthless, thanks for nothing SE.

How?

The people who still play have built their characters up from the ground. They lead shells, and they have acquired a specific in game wealth. Having a few 75 jobs (let alone 15-20) means something in this game, a certain flexibility. By raising the lvl cap SE is going to confiscate that flexibility and make it worthless, so now everything everyone has worked so hard to for, is worthless.

This isn't like adding a new piece of gear, where to stay on top you need to get it. This is taking everything you've worked for and making it WORTHLESS. This is redesigning the whole game months before its effectively outdated.

If this means so much to you then why the *** did you start up an MMO in the first place? Increased limitations and gear are the nature of such games.

Wow!! No lag in luring out the trolls on this forum is there?

Increase limitations thus far have been quite fun to play along with, I've enjoyed all the add-ons the expansions and all the endgame stuff that comes with, but anyone who thinks this level cap update closely resembles the level of change found in any of the previous updates we've all enjoyed over the years has a cognition problem.

So... enjoy the game if you plan to stay. Have fun grinding your way to 99. Too much work for me.
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-02-28 16:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Zandra said:
Asura.Artemicion said:
Hades.Zandra said:
Hades.Zandra said:
How?
The people who still play have built their characters up from the ground. They lead shells, and they have acquired a specific in game wealth. Having a few 75 jobs (let alone 15-20) means something in this game, a certain flexibility. By raising the lvl cap SE is going to confiscate that flexibility and make it worthless, so now everything everyone has worked so hard to for, is worthless. This isn't like adding a new piece of gear, where to stay on top you need to get it. This is taking everything you've worked for and making it WORTHLESS. This is redesigning the whole game months before its effectively outdated.
If this means so much to you then why the *** did you start up an MMO in the first place? Increased limitations and gear are the nature of such games.
Wow!! No lag in luring out the trolls on this forum is there? Increase limitations thus far have been quite fun to play along with, I've enjoyed all the add-ons the expansions and all the endgame stuff that comes with, but anyone who thinks this level cap update closely resembles the level of change found in any of the previous updates we've all enjoyed over the years has a cognition problem. So... enjoy the game if you plan to stay. Have fun grinding your way to 99. Too much work for me.

you wont be missed '-')/
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-28 16:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Zandra said:
Wow!! No lag in luring out the trolls on this forum is there?

Increase limitations thus far have been quite fun to play along with, I've enjoyed all the add-ons the expansions and all the endgame stuff that comes with, but anyone who thinks this level cap update closely resembles the level of change found in any of the previous updates we've all enjoyed over the years has a cognition problem.

So... enjoy the game if you plan to stay. Have fun grinding your way to 99. Too much work for me.
He's not trolling. In fact, he has a very good point. MMOs have a very limited lifespan... It was always going to end up worthless. Pitching a fit over that fact simply suggests you should invest in more lasting pursuits.

Regardless, don't expect most top gear to be invalidated... expect it to be included in the upcoming augment system.
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-28 16:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Stubbs said:
Hades.Zandra said:
This is taking everything you've worked for and making it WORTHLESS.
It had worth to begin with?

Hell I'm pumped that I'll still have all the jobs I poured so much effort into and I get to add a little something on top to make them that much better.

The effort invested is still there, SE has just added room for further effort to be placed into. You'll still have 75 levels of advantage and gear for every job leveled over anyone new starting the game. Things like the new "Trial of the Magians" questlines will allow you to take the existing armor you've invested so much effort into and add stats to make the relevant once again.

As far as I've seen everything already accomplished will still be completely usable towards things to come. SE isn't destroying anything you've achieved. They seem to clearly recognize exactly what everyone seems to be concerned about. Try embracing change for once. People have been expecting Vana'diel to implode on itself and the second anything new is mentioned they use that mentality as an excuse to justify it.

Just take a deep breath, calm down, and patiently wait for things to unfold. Don't explode all over a forum because you have absolutely no clue how something is actually going to turn out and must assume the worst as a result. If you're unsure about it and don't want to have your dreams crushed, then politely tell your buddies you're taking a break and cancel your content ID. Then, in a few months you can come back and re-evaluate where the game stands and see if it is worth coming back or not. How disappointed would you be if you ragequit, trashing everything you worked for, then realized later that the changes weren't so bad and you really want to play your old account again?

QFT
[+]
 Garuda.Trunksc
Server: Garuda
user: trunksc
By Garuda.Trunksc 2010-02-28 16:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been playing for 6 years. Might not look like I've been playing that long but my main goal is not to have the best everything, its just to enjoy the game. I have some close friends, I just like to have fun with them. I am really looking forward to this. Think of the new adventures! Maybe you'll even get that feeling back from when you first started playing. I personally cant wait to get some solo revenge on a few ToAU mobs.
[+]
 Hades.Agilo
user: Agilo
By Hades.Agilo 2010-02-28 16:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

i think its an awesome change. the new add-ons just sound plain awesome, the walk of echoes sounds pretty cool, level99 seems great but you dont have to go there. people can just stay 75 and do the current endgame events at lvl75 like we've been doing all along, theres no harm in that. not to mention we still have no idea what theyre going to do with the merit system, hell they could keep it in place as it is but add more merits once you hit level99. i can't wait, and look forward to doing all these new endgame things, while still doing some of the old ones.
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-02-28 16:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Hades.Zandra said:
Wow!! No lag in luring out the trolls on this forum is there? Increase limitations thus far have been quite fun to play along with, I've enjoyed all the add-ons the expansions and all the endgame stuff that comes with, but anyone who thinks this level cap update closely resembles the level of change found in any of the previous updates we've all enjoyed over the years has a cognition problem. So... enjoy the game if you plan to stay. Have fun grinding your way to 99. Too much work for me.
He's not trolling. In fact, he has a very good point. MMOs have a very limited lifespan... It was always going to end up worthless. Pitching a fit over that fact simply suggests you should invest in more lasting pursuits. Regardless, don't expect most top gear to be invalidated... expect it to be included in the upcoming augment system.

/agree
[+]
 Phoenix.Slytribal
user: Slykun
By Phoenix.Slytribal 2010-02-28 16:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I'm torn by this level cap. I see both points so clearly. Why it's bad and why it could be so good. Levelling is not a problem (Skilling will be painful, but if the program works, it'll be worth it).

This can give us new goals, new things to work for. For those who have everything, it's not like SE are trying to make all their work pointless, it's to give them new things to strive for instead of getting bored with little left to achieve in the game. I'm certain some things like Dynamis, Einherjar etc. will still be capped to 75, and the gear we use at 75 won't all be completely useless, and if there is better, it'll be the ones that are difficult to get. There may also be easier to obtain, slightly weaker but running along the same lines, variants of homams, Askar etc.

Then I see how this could affect the current mobs that we have, would it make Nidhogg, Kirin, all of the sort too easy? Would they even be worth the hassle anymore? Would we need to remain in the new areas for skill ups and parties or will higher level mobs be put into the quicker to access areas? Also, with FFXIV coming out this year, how much point is there truly to all of this? How many will still remain to make this worthwhile for yourself to carry on? No point doing all of this when everyone you've grown to like has left, no fun in it then.

Really, it's too early to judge this, and the only way we can figure out if it's good for us is to experience it. SE may seem like idiots at time, but they do know what they're doing, and I'm sure they will make this as good as they can.
[+]
 Seraph.Chasuro
Server: Seraph
user: Chasuro
By Seraph.Chasuro 2010-02-28 16:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, You arent going to get SE to change their minds about level 99. And seriously, whats the big deal? You dont like it? Then dont level! Does it still suck? Play a different game! But you love this game? Deal with it then!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-02-28 16:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Folks, the gear you worked hard for will not become obsolete. You can enhance your R/Ex gear via the "Trial of the Magians" quests with stats you choose, before the augmenting process.

The level cap will not be set instantly to 99 at June. The cap will increase in increments over the course of a year. We will also have new zones with new monsters to level in. We will finally have some freedom of Colibri, and will finally be able to eat food without fear of having it eaten by the birds.

Before you /panic about where the game is headed, read their plans for FFXI this year and educate yourselves about what's in store for us, instead of assuming for the worst and saying how much of a bad idea it is when you haven't even read it thoroughly.

Give it a shot. You may like it, and if you don't there's always FFXIV right around the corner. No reason to get your panties in a knot.
[+]
 Fenrir.Shambo
Server: Fenrir
user: Shambo
By Fenrir.Shambo 2010-02-28 16:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

*** *** fo shigga
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-02-28 17:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, i say let em QQ and rage, maybe then we can weed out not so bright people who can't read, or the ones that can't handle the coming changes.
[+]
 Hades.Agilo
By Hades.Agilo 2010-02-28 17:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

with new places to level and different mobs besided colibri... dare i ask.... will blm be able to party again??
[+]
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-02-28 17:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Agilo said:
with new places to level and different mobs besided colibri... dare i ask.... will blm be able to party again??

Possible, certainly hope so. Theyre going to need to give us some stupid high xp to expect us to reach 99 lol
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-02-28 17:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty excited about the cap, at first I was like "Ugh 9 jobs at 75 i have to take to 99 *** that" but really unless the grind is slow like... pre aht urgan pts I honestly won't mind it, It's always nice to exp in new areas anyway. Plus it's not 24 levels at once, June they're introducing the first increase, grind all the way to w/e cap they have and wait for new stuff. My thing is I'm wondering what kinda of limit break they'll be adding, if any at all.

It's nice for people who feel like they have nothing else in this game to do, "I got all the gear I just sit and camp hnm all day" now they can find something else to do, and with others who are new the the game, well... just another block in the road. I'm excited about the add-ons and the job adjustments. The main reason people don't want the cap increases is because of the grind and their "awesome gear" becoming obsolete. Who honestly wants to be wearing lv.75 gear at 99? Then again... I'm gonna be wearing trotters at 99THF !! :D lolz pretty funny, but really.

I think overall the upcoming updates are gonna be mind blowing for those who are still hardcore fans of this game. Those who have been doing HNM for 8 years of their play time though... no so much.
[+]
 Hades.Agilo
By Hades.Agilo 2010-02-28 17:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Kajidourden said:
Hades.Agilo said:
Possible, certainly hope so. Theyre going to need to give us some stupid high xp to expect us to reach 99 lol

lol... maybe theyll give us a bunch of mobs weak to magic as revenge for the years of soloing and manaburning hell everyone put us through! hahaha
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-02-28 17:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

God I hope they have manaburn camps.... :( gonna suck if we have to be main healers in pts just to get levels...
[+]
 Siren.Taggerung
Server: Siren
user: Taggerung
By Siren.Taggerung 2010-02-28 17:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Slytribal said:
Personally I'm torn by this level cap. I see both points so clearly. Why it's bad and why it could be so good. Levelling is not a problem (Skilling will be painful, but if the program works, it'll be worth it). This can give us new goals, new things to work for. For those who have everything, it's not like SE are trying to make all their work pointless, it's to give them new things to strive for instead of getting bored with little left to achieve in the game. I'm certain some things like Dynamis, Einherjar etc. will still be capped to 75, and the gear we use at 75 won't all be completely useless, and if there is better, it'll be the ones that are difficult to get. There may also be easier to obtain, slightly weaker but running along the same lines, variants of homams, Askar etc. Then I see how this could affect the current mobs that we have, would it make Nidhogg, Kirin, all of the sort too easy? Would they even be worth the hassle anymore? Would we need to remain in the new areas for skill ups and parties or will higher level mobs be put into the quicker to access areas? Also, with FFXIV coming out this year, how much point is there truly to all of this? How many will still remain to make this worthwhile for yourself to carry on? No point doing all of this when everyone you've grown to like has left, no fun in it then. Really, it's too early to judge this, and the only way we can figure out if it's good for us is to experience it. SE may seem like idiots at time, but they do know what they're doing, and I'm sure they will make this as good as they can.

lol, you still think FFXIV is coming out this year? wow. don't hold your breath.
and, increasing the level cap will break the game unless they make DRASTIC changes to everything else. /rdm for everything... hmm, vert, refresh, haste. not sayin, just sayin.
[+]
 Hades.Agilo
By Hades.Agilo 2010-02-28 17:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:
God I hope they have manaburn camps.... :( gonna suck if we have to be main healers in pts just to get levels...

i already hate doing that as summoner lol, i will NOT sink that low as blm. there will be something that has a pet in that zone and its pet will die thousands of times with it not noticing lol.
[+]
 Seraph.Chasuro
Server: Seraph
user: Chasuro
By Seraph.Chasuro 2010-02-28 17:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I always enjoy a new adventure! Screw complacent & easy fights. I'm tired of everyone doing the same thing as everyone else because it's easy and proven. Mix it up! Make it interesting! Or am I one of the few who plays adventure games for the sense of adventure?
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-02-28 17:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Willoflame said:
I'm going to start out by stating that if you don't like this idea, then don't even bother reading past what I have to say, and don't bother flaming me either. I'm merely

Judging by the 12,000 views at this point on the "Level cap 99" topic,

tl;qq

Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-02-28 17:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope they release the BETA this year

hopefully

If thats not the case then it was stupid of them to have talked about it
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-02-28 17:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Agilo said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:

i already hate doing that as summoner lol, i will NOT sink that low as blm. there will be something that has a pet in that zone and its pet will die thousands of times with it not noticing lol.

Yeah I love a good pet camp. but... come on they better have a billion camps with how many ls's will want Lv.99 BLMs.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8