Forum » FFXI » General » How to prevent the level cap increase:
How to prevent the level cap increase:
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone 2010-02-28 15:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I will demand that SE shut down FFXI because of this!! No FFXI is much better than having FFXI with level cap 99!

Lulz
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-02-28 15:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone said:
Bob Dole demand that SE shut down FFXI because of this!! bob dole says No FFXI is much better than having FFXI with level cap 99! bob dole likes to say bob dole, bob dole, bob dole.

bob dole Lulz

I just had 2, cuz im bored.
Lakshmi.Yumeara said:
Know what's a really hard game? That new multi-player Mario Bros on Wii. Now I'm not saying I own it, or anything more powerful than a cantankerous old PS2, But a courser man may even call that game *** hard. Just try to not kill your team-mate every other jump. Go ahead. Try.

Oh I'm sorry, We were talking about chocolate?

your the greatest. Im thinking of getting a Wii
 Hades.Zandra
Server: Hades
user: Zandra7
By Hades.Zandra 2010-02-28 15:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm with the OP, and I'm going to voice my discontent at this total BS. I'm so close to maxing out my jobs in this game and in a few months, just before I probably get my last pieces of gear it will all be just about worthless, thanks for nothing SE.

I was going to stay and play after 14 is released but if I have to get grinding and leveling again... well I just don't have it in me to do that again.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-02-28 15:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Zandra said:
I'm with the OP, and I'm going to voice my discontent at this total BS. I'm so close to maxing out my jobs in this game and in a few months, just before I probably get my last pieces of gear it will all be just about worthless, thanks for nothing SE. I was going to stay and play after 14 is released but if I have to get grinding and leveling again... well I just don't have it in me to do that again.

You only have 5 75s. hardly the stand that the Maat cap owners are taking, even I'll listen to them whine.
[+]
 Ramuh.Tousou
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-02-28 15:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Don't like it? leave please! WoW and Guildwars are waiting for you.

Instead of touching the subject of "Our MMO is better than yours LAWL!" I think I'll just say this...

I enjoyed Guild Wars. Good storylines, free adjustment and customization of your character, pretty without excessive flashyness... Oh, and I could do things on my own if my friends weren't on. :3

/ontopic

Since, due to the advice of the OP I stopped reading at the first sentence, I've got one question... What's the argument supporting the 75 cap?

"Too many people will have to go back and level QQ!"

Seriously, I'm curious if a valid argument can even be created at this stage. All we know is "Level cap 99." We don't know how anything's scaling, what's scaling, if it's scaling, the plethora of new gear/Job Abilities/Job Traits, etc...
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-02-28 15:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Tousou said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:

Instead of touching the subject of "Our MMO is better than yours LAWL!" I think I'll just say this...

I enjoyed Guild Wars. Good storylines, free adjustment and customization of your character, pretty without excessive flashyness... Oh, and I could do things on my own if my friends weren't on. :3

/ontopic

Since, due to the advice of the OP I stopped reading at the first sentence, I've got one question... What's the argument supporting the 75 cap?

"Too many people will have to go back and level QQ!"

Seriously, I'm curious if a valid argument can even be created at this stage. All we know is "Level cap 99." We don't know how anything's scaling, what's scaling, if it's scaling, the plethora of new gear/Job Abilities/Job Traits, etc...

QFT

Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-28 15:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it ironic that people who QQ about having to level up again say they're gonna quit for XIV where GUESS WHAT?!

You have to level up from the start there too! Hahahahaha.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-02-28 15:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Thunderz said:
Ramuh.Tousou said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Instead of touching the subject of "Our MMO is better than yours LAWL!" I think I'll just say this... I enjoyed Guild Wars. Good storylines, free adjustment and customization of your character, pretty without excessive flashyness... Oh, and I could do things on my own if my friends weren't on. :3 /ontopic Since, due to the advice of the OP I stopped reading at the first sentence, I've got one question... What's the argument supporting the 75 cap? "Too many people will have to go back and level QQ!" Seriously, I'm curious if a valid argument can even be created at this stage. All we know is "Level cap 99." We don't know how anything's scaling, what's scaling, if it's scaling, the plethora of new gear/Job Abilities/Job Traits, etc...
QFT

Im a newfag whats QFT?
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-02-28 15:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Artemicion said:
I find it ironic that people who QQ about having to level up again say they're gonna quit for XIV where GUESS WHAT?!

hurhurhur indeed

QFT = Quote for Truth

[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-28 15:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quoted For Truth

I say QQ more because it's going to happen whether you like it or not =P
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-02-28 15:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet now I'm an oldfag! /b/ here i come!
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-02-28 15:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Artemicion said:

I think I'll just stop MMOs all together :/ Lifes catching up.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-02-28 15:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
Asura.Artemicion said:
I find it ironic that people who QQ about having to level up again say they're gonna quit for XIV where GUESS WHAT?! You have to level up from the start there too! Hahahahaha.

The Gay bars are calling.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone
By Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone 2010-02-28 15:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Thunderz said:
I just had 2, cuz im bored.

Nice! lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone
By Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone 2010-02-28 15:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Zandra said:
just before I probably get my last pieces of gear it will all be just about worthless, thanks for nothing SE.

How?

Just because I still full-time my Aristocrat's Coat, I'm gimp because it's a level 68 piece of gear? What level 75 body should I use so that I'm not gimp at 75?

People bitching about their gear being obsolete have no argument. It's still gonna work, and work well. Might be overshadowed by the new stuff, but I'm sure that most people will still want it.

I haven't heard of a good reason why increasing the cap is a bad thing. The "I'm too lazy to level to the next cap" isn't going to fly.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-28 15:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Zandra said:
just before I probably get my last pieces of gear it will all be just about worthless, thanks for nothing SE.

How?

Just because I still full-time my Aristocrat's Coat, I'm gimp because it's a level 68 piece of gear? What level 75 body should I use so that I'm not gimp at 75?

People bitching about their gear being obsolete have no argument. It's still gonna work, and work well. Might be overshadowed by the new stuff, but I'm sure that most people will still want it.

I haven't heard of a good reason why increasing the cap is a bad thing. The "I'm too lazy to level to the next cap" isn't going to fly.

Anyone who uses AF feet on pld is gimp because it's level 52 omgwtfbbq
[+]
 Ramuh.Tousou
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-02-28 16:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Brb... Selling the +1 Elemental Staves that I don't have to get a Kirin's Pole for nukes. :3
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-02-28 16:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Tousou said:
Brb... Selling the 1 Elemental Staves that I don't have to get a Kirin's Pole for nukes. :3

This ^
[+]
 Bismarck.Taheenaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Taheenaa
By Bismarck.Taheenaa 2010-02-28 16:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Sammitch said:
Asura.Korpg said:
Here's the problem.

300 people are upset, so they voice their opinions about this.

The other 20000 people are happy about this, but it doesn't affect them enough to create "hate threads" or "love threads" because they are waiting to see.

You are only voicing 1 side of the argument because thats the side thats most vocal at this point.
^

^
^
^
^
^
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-28 16:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Stubbs said:
To all those people who feel they have nearly reached the end of the game and now claim they want to quit because that feeling of reaching the end has just been taken away from them, what the hell?

What was your plan going to be after reaching the end anyways, to pat yourself on the back for a job well done and quit? First you want to quit because you've "beat" the game and now you want to quit because you can't beat the game, do yourself a favor and quit because quitting it is inevitable. The entire point of an MMO is that it is a forever ongoing social experience. You can't win at everything in life so look for enjoyment in the challenges themselves, not the victories.

Some may have enjoyed their end-game niche and don't feel the new changes will be as much fun anymore. To them, I bid a humble farewell. They can always look to PXI in the future to bring back that experience.

Why has everyone been calling ffxi dead and saying that it won't be around any longer after ffxiv? Nobody knows what to expect from ffxiv yet and as far as anyone knows it could be a completely different beast. Some will prefer one and some will prefer the other. Last I checked people were still loyal to both EQ and EQ2, as well as Lineage and Lineage II. Circling back to a previous point, people are always looking for excuses to quit because they can't pull the plug themselves. If it's fun, play it. If not, don't.

Amen.
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-02-28 16:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Zandra said:
I'm with the OP, and I'm going to voice my discontent at this total BS. I'm so close to maxing out my jobs in this game and in a few months, just before I probably get my last pieces of gear it will all be just about worthless, thanks for nothing SE. I was going to stay and play after 14 is released but if I have to get grinding and leveling again... well I just don't have it in me to do that again.

AS IF THE TIME YOU SPENT PLAYIGN A MMO AMMOUNTED TO ANYTHING ANYWAYS

QQ MORE PEOPLE, I'M EXCITED AND I'LL BE DAMNED IF YOU *** THIS UP FOR EVERYONE ELSE

cause breathing life into an old boring game is always blasphemy and A WASTE OF MY TIME rite guise, *** off all you people who arent happy about this.. quit the game if its going to be so awful, I doubt you'll be missed
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-02-28 16:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
Asura.Artemicion said:
I find it ironic that people who QQ about having to level up again say they're gonna quit for XIV where GUESS WHAT?! You have to level up from the start there too! Hahahahaha.

The Gay bars are calling.

Yeah I need a boyfriend :/
[+]
 Hades.Zandra
Server: Hades
user: Zandra7
By Hades.Zandra 2010-02-28 16:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Zandra said:

How?

The people who still play have built their characters up from the ground. They lead shells, and they have acquired a specific in game wealth. Having a few 75 jobs (let alone 15-20) means something in this game, a certain flexibility. By raising the lvl cap SE is going to confiscate that flexibility and make it worthless, so now everything everyone has worked so hard to for, is worthless.

This isn't like adding a new piece of gear, where to stay on top you need to get it. This is taking everything you've worked for and making it WORTHLESS. This is redesigning the whole game months before its effectively outdated.

[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-02-28 16:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Zandra said:
Hades.Zandra said:

How?

The people who still play have built their characters up from the ground. They lead shells, and they have acquired a specific in game wealth. Having a few 75 jobs (let alone 15-20) means something in this game, a certain flexibility. By raising the lvl cap SE is going to confiscate that flexibility and make it worthless, so now everything everyone has worked so hard to for, is worthless.

This isn't like adding a new piece of gear, where to stay on top you need to get it. This is taking everything you've worked for and making it WORTHLESS. This is redesigning the whole game months before its effectively outdated.

Sense. This post has none
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-02-28 16:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if ppl had this argument when they increased the original level cap
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-28 16:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Zandra said:
Hades.Zandra said:

How?

If this means so much to you then why the *** did you start up an MMO in the first place? Increased limitations and gear are the nature of such games.
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-28 16:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The amount of stupidity coming from this thread is seriously mind boggling. Nothing is *** obsolete. Yet. Until you see something that blows your gear out of the water, shut the *** up about it.

Seriously, think about it. Haubergeon is 16 levels lower than the current cap and is still hailed as one of the best TPing bodies for the jobs that can use it. People use level 33 PCCs at 75 still OR level 60 Chiv chains. Level 50 Swift belts still being used on just about every DD job that doesn't own a speed/v belt.

You people are over-reacting way too much. Yes there will be new gear coming however until you actually see this gear, you can't say anything is *** obsolete.
[+]
 Remora.Thiefninja
Server: Remora
user: Gawdless
By Remora.Thiefninja 2010-02-28 16:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Zandra said:
Hades.Zandra said:
How?
The people who still play have built their characters up from the ground. They lead shells, and they have acquired a specific in game wealth. Having a few 75 jobs (let alone 15-20) means something in this game, a certain flexibility. By raising the lvl cap SE is going to confiscate that flexibility and make it worthless, so now everything everyone has worked so hard to for, is worthless. This isn't like adding a new piece of gear, where to stay on top you need to get it. This is taking everything you've worked for and making it WORTHLESS. This is redesigning the whole game months before its effectively outdated.

i will personally call this post fail. and from someone with 20x75 you cant say its because this update doesnt effect me. so quit crying over this crap and get over it. honestly who cares if they increase the cap. if you dont want to lvl then dont and stay at 75.

and wtf? when they added merits i didnt see you crying "omg now there are going to be ppl better than me because they can max out thier merits and i cant, why would SE make me lvl again!?! why didnt they just add another hard nm for me to cry over because we cant kill it at our current lvl"

anyways that was fun :D
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8