By Unicorn.Ignasio 2010-03-16 16:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Gilgamesh.Lunatone said:
im not too excited abut it its going to make all thhe urrent cap gear that some of us work our *** off for completely worthless GEAR. this is just me but ive spent forever trying to perfect my cor nin and pup and increasing the lvl cap is just going to make it even harder, wont be able to sell off any gear because what one job uses my other 2 benefit from, and what isnt in that category is rare/ex or aug'd. thats my point on things
They weren't anywhere close to perfect (average at best), you have nothing to worry about.
Straight guy.
Oh snap.
Meh fix.

If you are going to fix it, fix it right. Idiot.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-16 16:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Gilgamesh.Lunatone said:
im not too excited abut it its going to make all thhe urrent cap gear that some of us work our *** off for completely worthless, this is just me but ive spent forever trying to perfect my cor nin and pup and increasing the lvl cap is just going to make it even harder, wont be able to sell off any gear because what one job uses my other 2 benefit from, and what isnt in that category is rare/ex or aug'd. thats my point on things

They weren't anywhere close to perfect (average at best), you have nothing to worry about.

Straight guy.

Oh snap.

Meh fix.

xif heM

.pans hO

.yug thgiartS
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-16 16:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Ignasio said:
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Gilgamesh.Lunatone said:
im not too excited abut it its going to make all thhe urrent cap gear that some of us work our *** off for completely worthless GEAR. this is just me but ive spent forever trying to perfect my cor nin and pup and increasing the lvl cap is just going to make it even harder, wont be able to sell off any gear because what one job uses my other 2 benefit from, and what isnt in that category is rare/ex or aug'd. thats my point on things
Straight guy.
Oh snap.
Meh fix.

If you are going to fix it, fix it right. Idiot.

whoosh
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-03-16 16:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Valefor.Mattyc said:
Garuda.Feifongwong said:
Valefor.Mattyc said:
my bad now try my link its edited i messed up on it >.>
http://tinyurl.com./253ftf
there ya go
lol bad joke my friend did the ***to me, was all OMG man go check this ***out samurai getting sekkanoki 2 and tp regain trait. and that....
They are!!!

I'm also betting on stoneskin spikes for rdm. So whenever you get hit for dmg greater then 0 they put up stoneskin based on your stats when you took the dmg automatically. It will have a duration similar to normal spikes spells!!!

Also haste II and refresh II. And a phalanx II that is actually better than phalanx.

dunno why casting phalanx2 onyourself with composure up doesnt extend duration, I'd use it over phalanx 1 just for the 15 minute duration lol
 Unicorn.Ignasio
Server: Unicorn
user: Ignasio
By Unicorn.Ignasio 2010-03-16 16:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
whoosh

***, long day at work.
 Gilgamesh.Lunatone
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Lunatone
By Gilgamesh.Lunatone 2010-03-16 16:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

idk why the woodsman is on actually they banned me feb 25 i cant even remember what i was doing then but normally the other rings a emerald ring aug'd with +1 more agi
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-16 17:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Gilgamesh.Lunatone said:
im not too excited abut it its going to make all thhe urrent cap gear that some of us work our *** off for completely worthless, this is just me but ive spent forever trying to perfect my cor nin and pup and increasing the lvl cap is just going to make it even harder, wont be able to sell off any gear because what one job uses my other 2 benefit from, and what isnt in that category is rare/ex or aug'd. thats my point on things

Straight guy.

Oh snap.

Meh fix.

xif heM

.pans hO

.yug thgiartS

.toggaF

Hi I'm Flionheart, nice to meet you.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Server: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2010-03-16 17:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Willoflame said:
*Get to the point. Don't make a wall of text for them to read. State what you have to say, and send it.

That's where I stopped reading. The post lost 100% of its credibility.
 Gilgamesh.Schmule
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kloroform
By Gilgamesh.Schmule 2010-03-16 17:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

On a much lighter note, don't you think the OP looks like that dude from the boy-band Busted?!? :)

Fairy.Usua
Server: Fairy
user: Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-03-17 02:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Boo *** hoo, bring on the lvl caps, I want that extra ***.
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2010-03-17 02:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Willoflame said:
A lot of stuff

Willo stop complainin bro! This is a great thing man and I think it will bring some people back to the game...at least just to see how it is. Also the majority of the game's population is gone..most are just waiting for FF14.
 Remora.Llianon
Server: Remora
user: Llianon
By Remora.Llianon 2010-03-17 04:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Dubont said:
Remora.Willoflame said:
A lot of stuff

Willo stop complainin bro! This is a great thing man and I think it will bring some people back to the game...at least just to see how it is. Also the majority of the game's population is gone..most are just waiting for FF14.

+1

damn i wonder if peeps wanted to make petition against increase lvl 50->75.
imagine FF11 with capped lvl 50 if they succeded.
We spent like 5 or 6 years with lvl 75...i think it's now time to make the revolution about that :3
neway nothing prevent u from staying 75 after the lvl cap increase :D
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-03-17 04:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I say Nay to the Naysayers and if yo uwant to stay at 75 , be my guest, but for me, what the hell , its a new challange, and Diablo 3 isn't out yet, so meh Let's do it!

SE, Is that all you can do?

BRING IT!

Asura.Masekase
Server: Asura
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-03-17 04:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont see what all the fuss is about.If you dont want to go beyond 75 dont there really is nothing stopping you.

Just like there is nothing to say you have to do merits or endgame.

But we now have a choice.Also i really dont think all the endgame gear will be outdated for a while.

By the looks of it i think we will be able to choose augments for it with the new system.We will probably see the new engame gear that overtakes it around 90-99
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-03-17 04:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly.

It's all on how you play and if you want to go beyond 75.

I hate ppl that are so negative and whine..open your eyes, try something new...

( You must have spit your strained peas when you were a baby)
 Ifrit.Elmodfz
Server: Ifrit
user: Elmodfz
By Ifrit.Elmodfz 2010-03-17 06:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't played FFXI since Dec due to uni etc and so I've missed the whole announcement of lvl 99 etc. Can't find it either so someone chuck me the link?

I will admit I'm not keen on the lvl 99 idea, it was depressing enough getting my WHM to 75, I don't want to have to lvl it to 99... same goes with BLM. How I hate that job lol.

But from what I've read while scanning this topic, do you have to buy something for the update to count or does it just happen like all the others normally do? Because it would be good if you could choose whether you wanted to lvl up or not. I'm guessing there will be other limit breaks or is it just straight to 99?

Also people have been saying that they will be able to use subjob abilities say when your lvl 90, you can use the lvl 45 spells or w/e. Have SE actually said this will be the case or do you reckon they will just shift everything around so certain jobs get the more powerful spells/abilities later on to prevent characters from becoming too strong?

I'm trying to be open minded about this as FFXI has reached a certain lvl of boringness because once you get to 75, its just merits and endgame if you so wish. But at the same time, I don't want jobs to be 99, 75 is a good number. Make it 80 if they have to change it but I think this will push a lot of people towards the quit button. But then maybe thats the idea? Maybe they don't want us to play FFXI any more because 14 is coming out?

Thats another thing, whats going to happen to merits? Knowing my luck all this got covered in the update when it was announced but I haven't read it. I appear to have written quite a lot so I'll stop lol.
 Unicorn.Sedres
user: Sedres
By Unicorn.Sedres 2010-03-17 06:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Willoflame said:
Judging by the 12,000 views at this point on the "Level cap 99" topic, as well as the negative feedback in post replies, we can all assume that everyone is about as equally upset with this issue as the next.

You can assume anyone who's interested in a way to "prevent the level cap increase" isn't going to be a fan of the idea. Don't assume a meager 12k replies is going to represent the, what, 2mil people playing that game? that's like 0.6% of the game's population.

Some people are going to like it, some are going to hate it. If you're the latter, stop playing. When SE decides the increase in levels is goign to break the game, they've already said they'll stop then and there.

Besides, 14 will be here soon enough, you can all hop ship then!
By Tirantus 2010-03-18 11:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm all for the lvl cap raise. This game has dug itself into a hole over the years because of not raising the cap. For years its been nothing but content retreads and situational gear sidegrades. IMO the last real original content with legit gear upgrades was Salvage. The game needs this, it needs to grow and evolve if it has any chance staying alive after FFXIV hits.

The only ppl I can see being against this are the hyper elitist end gamers who feel their status is threatened by this. Makes me wish I was still in my old HNM LS so I could of seen the reactions from just such ppl.
 Carbuncle.Cianti
Server: Carbuncle
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2010-03-18 11:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

My octave club likes this thread.
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-03-18 12:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Im really amused by the amount of people saying SE has broken the game. From what ive read SE hasnt mentioned where the level increase will be in effect, I can only speculate but it would make sense if the cap only increased when you were in the new add on areas
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-18 12:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

all I care about is that new world Abyssea.
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-03-18 12:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone kill themselves yet?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-18 12:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

nope, still alive and swinging
 Unicorn.Moldtech
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-03-18 12:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Tirantus said:
I'm all for the lvl cap raise. This game has dug itself into a hole over the years because of not raising the cap. For years its been nothing but content retreads and situational gear sidegrades. IMO the last real original content with legit gear upgrades was Salvage. The game needs this, it needs to grow and evolve if it has any chance staying alive after FFXIV hits. The only ppl I can see being against this are the hyper elitist end gamers who feel their status is threatened by this. Makes me wish I was still in my old HNM LS so I could of seen the reactions from just such ppl.

You in fact are correct, the bulk of the bitchers are the ones who think their ***don't stink and are the best at whatever.

HNMLS's aren't going to survive, everyone has their opinion on new EG content, capping certain areas, and raising old hnm levels and such but they all fail lmao. Not once did SE ever say any of those things are going to go down period, best they actually said was everything will be able to be done by a party or less opening full game content to everyone. (Not just the hnmls's) The monopolization of such groups is on life support and SE IS pulling the plug.

People are just lazy is what's the issue is, they don't want to xp anymore in a game that requires you to....xp. >.>

Gear beng useless ect ect i doubt it, new augment system will bring life to older gear, it isnt going to be worthless.

Everyone needs to just man up and do it and quit whinning over it cause no one cares. As one person said already in this thread, 300 don't like it but is still 20000 that does, -300 isnt gonna be end of the game so don't like it quit, game will still go on and means more gear for me. If anyone recalls SE wants this game to co-exist with FFXIV too, they arent going to let that release kill the game either.
[+]
 Shiva.Xellith
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2010-03-18 12:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

i disagree with this thread.
 Kujata.Savain
Server: Kujata
user: Savain
By Kujata.Savain 2010-03-18 12:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Wanted to read something while waiting to leave my house. This made me upset.

1. Actually read what the post is about
2. Do not talk about fight club.
3. If you're posting opinion stop pretending like you're the right one
4. It's not an online petition, it's a function SE has offered on their site since FFXI came out
5. If you actually read or researched their updates the level increase is for all areas because "its about time to make fighting high end NMs easier"
6. My opinion: People think the game will break because any idiot who paid 150k to astral burn to 99 can buy an untraceable bot and duo Fafnir with his level 87 buddy. Top end armor becomes mediocre, and people who thought they finished jobs for their linkshells have to once again work at augmenting armor and finding something better to equip. Crafters will probably be happy with new recipes, and there will probably be an inflation for the new armor during the first X # of months after the increase.
7. Eventually most people will settle down and assimilate into the new FFXI social system.
8. Don't flame. I know sophisticated thought requires effort, so take your hand off your *** and put the effort into language instead of your sock.
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-03-18 12:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Savain said:
5. If you actually read or researched their updates the level increase is for all areas because "its about time to make fighting high end NMs easier"

How do you know this is refering to current HNM and not new HNM in the add on areas? Which would make more sense...more HNM faster pop rates etc

Dont worry im not flameing, we have limited information to go on so all we can do is speculate and guess
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8