First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Hades.Agilo
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Agilo
By Hades.Agilo 2010-02-28 17:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Chasuro said:
I always enjoy a new adventure! Screw complacent & easy fights. I'm tired of everyone doing the same thing as everyone else because it's easy and proven. Mix it up! Make it interesting! Or am I one of the few who plays adventure games for the sense of adventure?

hell yeah! i just started sky and i honestly dont think theres anything i want from it lol, i just want to kill the gods for the hell of it cuz they look cool and fun.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-02-28 17:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Thunderz said:
I hope they release the BETA this year

hopefully

If thats not the case then it was stupid of them to have talked about it

Tomorrow they announce who got into alpha, and there's more ways to get in coming i guess. I know im excited about the possibility.
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-02-28 17:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

O.O ^
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-02-28 17:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love having Innin as Ranger. +30% crit chance and reduced enmity <3.
[+]
 Unicorn.Fosgate
Server: Unicorn
user: Fosgate
By Unicorn.Fosgate 2010-02-28 17:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohai2u 6 man Dynamis shells all trying to do Xarc at the same damn time.

Also calling it right now. Ohai2u souleater nerf. 600+ damage a hit with an mkris/kclub (counting SE/BW) is gonna be one of those things that breaks the "balance" that they will revisit. I can already hit 2300hp on my drk. 3k+ HP wont seem too far off at 99
 Gilgamesh.Bali
Server: Gilgamesh
user: jogara
By Gilgamesh.Bali 2010-02-28 17:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't like it? /wirst problem solved.
[+]
 Phoenix.Slytribal
Server: Phoenix
user: Slykun
By Phoenix.Slytribal 2010-02-28 17:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Fosgate said:
Ohai2u 6 man Dynamis shells all trying to do Xarc at the same damn time.

Also calling it right now. Ohai2u souleater nerf. 600 damage a hit with an mkris/kclub (counting SE/BW) is gonna be one of those things that breaks the "balance" that they will revisit. I can already hit 2300hp on my drk. 3k HP wont seem too far off at 99

Dynamis, Einherjar, Limbus, I can honestly see them getting hit with a 75 cap on them.

We don't know enough about how the whole 24 levels works yet. How they'll effect our stats and JAs. If they will be just for Abyssea areas or not.

It makes kittens cry when people jump to conclusions that a whole game is ruined when the facts known are so little of the whole deal.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-02-28 17:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope to god Abyssea is gonna be like Nyzul where any amount of people can go in and not like dynamis where only 1 group can be in the zone at a time... i swear.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-02-28 17:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:
I hope to god Abyssea is gonna be like Nyzul where any amount of people can go in and not like dynamis where only 1 group can be in the zone at a time... i swear.

Instanced would be the word if you're thinking what I am. And yes I hope you're right.
[+]
 Phoenix.Slytribal
user: Slykun
By Phoenix.Slytribal 2010-02-28 17:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:

From what the info on the Vanafest is put like, it sounds much more like Sky than Dyna/Nyzul
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-02-28 17:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

would be gay if its not instanced
[+]
 Seraph.Chasuro
Server: Seraph
user: Chasuro
By Seraph.Chasuro 2010-02-28 17:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:

From what SE said, making the areas as easily accessible by any number of xp parties is a priority of theirs. Unless I understand wrong, Abyysea is a collection of areas, not just a nyzul type area.
[+]
 Seraph.Chasuro
By Seraph.Chasuro 2010-02-28 17:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Agilo said:
Seraph.Chasuro said:
I always enjoy a new adventure! Screw complacent & easy fights. I'm tired of everyone doing the same thing as everyone else because it's easy and proven. Mix it up! Make it interesting! Or am I one of the few who plays adventure games for the sense of adventure?

hell yeah! i just started sky and i honestly dont think theres anything i want from it lol, i just want to kill the gods for the hell of it cuz they look cool and fun.

Not interested in Zenith Mitts? Maybe some crimson cuisses?
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-02-28 17:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Chasuro said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:

From what SE said, making the areas as easily accessible by any number of xp parties is a priority of theirs. Unless I understand wrong, Abyysea is a collection of areas, not just a nyzul type area.

Hope so. I would assume it's a collection of areas, but it could be similar to sea where there's a section that is like Limbus where it's AF3 exclusive, not saying other areas won't be included but if they do this where there's a sectional event like Limbus in Abyssea it better have multiple access points for different groups.
[+]
 Valefor.Annja
Server: Valefor
user: annja
By Valefor.Annja 2010-02-28 18:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

the last time everyone thought that doing nothing was the right thing to do cause what they could do "didn't matter" we wound up with Obama as President.
 Fairy.Phatdade
Server: Fairy
user: phatdade
By Fairy.Phatdade 2010-02-28 19:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

<offensive picture removed by administration>
[+]
 Hades.Agilo
user: Agilo
By Hades.Agilo 2010-02-28 19:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Chasuro said:
Hades.Agilo said:
Seraph.Chasuro said:
Not interested in Zenith Mitts? Maybe some crimson cuisses?

ok zenith mitts are great lol but im more of a mage person so other than that, there isnt much.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-28 19:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm epicly excited for this. Levelling up old jobs again, going to new areas and having new abilities etc is just win.

I just hope I won't have to throw my Walahra turban on the floor because something better gets released. I'm sure SE won't do that though.

GO SE, Best update ever!
[+]
 Seraph.Liberata
user: Liberata
By Seraph.Liberata 2010-02-28 19:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, it sure will suck leveling jobs with all my friends and exploring new areas and seeing people get a chance to redefine their "main" jobs now that they won't be stuck on 75RDM like they have for the past half decade at Kirin.

Goddamnit, SE. How dare you breathe life into this dying beast.
[+]
 Hades.Haali
user: Halidar
By Hades.Haali 2010-02-28 20:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Because the whole idea is so HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, this thread is a brilliant troll.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Azrial
Server: Lakshmi
user: Azrial
By Lakshmi.Azrial 2010-02-28 20:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Phatdade said:

LMFAOROTFLSTOMPBBQSAUCE

Most effective way to make anything go your way in life. Tested and guaranteed.

Also, what you fail to notice is that SE will be dropping FFXI soon. Their dumping everything they have left into it now and don't give a ***if you care. They will be making all their money on FF14 and you will play both. Stop crying about the changes until you have tried it out.

Also: there is another world outside of your basement. Check it out.
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-28 20:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Phatdade said:

I somehow am more comfortable with Fairy joining Sylph after seeing this.
[+]
 Fairy.Phatdade
user: phatdade
By Fairy.Phatdade 2010-03-01 01:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

<Original comment nullified>
 Seraph.Chasuro
By Seraph.Chasuro 2010-03-01 02:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Azrial said:

Also, what you fail to notice is that SE will be dropping FFXI soon. Their dumping everything they have left into it now and don't give a ***if you care. They will be making all their money on FF14 and you will play both. Stop crying about the changes until you have tried it out.

I am sorry you have that attitude. Sure, SE is a corporation. They make decisions in their best interest, but they also think of their customers.

SE has shown us the next year of updates for FFXI. If the last update in this list is Dec of 2010, they aren't going to shut down ffxi a month later. So we're looking at a year at least guaranteed. I say closer to 2 years before another server merge is needed. Maybe a final merge who knows.

Sure, this may be the final big bang for FFXI, but they arent going to shut it down until the user base cannot support the servers and still make a profit. I guarantee there are many people who will not leave FFXI until SE shuts it down. I say 2 years at least. Cry?
[+]
 Fairy.Spiriel
user: Spiriel
By Fairy.Spiriel 2010-03-01 10:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't like the changes, quit. There's your petition. SE is obviously looking at populations, which is why they merged servers. So mass quit and they'll see the population drop like a stone and panic.

Oh, that's right. You don't want to lose your addiction and think you have control of this situation.

Bahaaahahahahaha

SE will do what they want because it's their damn game. Get over it or go home.

/popcorn
[+]
 Fenrir.Ktjrn
Server: Fenrir
user: Ktjrn
By Fenrir.Ktjrn 2010-03-01 11:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Annja said:
the last time everyone thought that doing nothing was the right thing to do cause what they could do "didn't matter" we wound up with Obama as President.

you're about as stupid as the day is long. Keep your political *** out of here
[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2010-03-01 11:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ktjrn said:
Valefor.Annja said:
you're about as stupid as the day is long. Keep your political *** out of here
he couldnt just put 'posting in epic thread' had to try and derail right ? <3 Kt

and....
Asura.Artemicion said:
Asura.Stubbs said:
To all those people who feel they have nearly reached the end of the game and now claim they want to quit because that feeling of reaching the end has just been taken away from them, what the hell? What was your plan going to be after reaching the end anyways, to pat yourself on the back for a job well done and quit? First you want to quit because you've "beat" the game and now you want to quit because you can't beat the game, do yourself a favor and quit because quitting it is inevitable. The entire point of an MMO is that it is a forever ongoing social experience. You can't win at everything in life so look for enjoyment in the challenges themselves, not the victories. Some may have enjoyed their end-game niche and don't feel the new changes will be as much fun anymore. To them, I bid a humble farewell. They can always look to PXI in the future to bring back that experience. Why has everyone been calling ffxi dead and saying that it won't be around any longer after ffxiv? Nobody knows what to expect from ffxiv yet and as far as anyone knows it could be a completely different beast. Some will prefer one and some will prefer the other. Last I checked people were still loyal to both EQ and EQ2, as well as Lineage and Lineage II. Circling back to a previous point, people are always looking for excuses to quit because they can't pull the plug themselves. If it's fun, play it. If not, don't.
Amen.

^ this . for sher .
Bismarck.Taheenaa said:
Midgardsormr.Sammitch said:
Asura.Korpg said:
Here's the problem. 300 people are upset, so they voice their opinions about this. The other 20000 people are happy about this, but it doesn't affect them enough to create "hate threads" or "love threads" because they are waiting to see. You are only voicing 1 side of the argument because thats the side thats most vocal at this point.
^
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
isnt this always the issue with change , in game and IRL ?
I encourage those unhappy with it to voice it to Sqaure . If it still goes thru they will still say Square didnt listen .
FFXIII drops in a week . you have 3 Months or so finish what you want in FFXI . Then you can play XIII til XIV comes out .
But before you QQ more about what this does , Just remember that the Cap wasnt always 75 . its why we have G1 thru G5 .
Your Gear wont go From Pimp to Gimp . Think Lv51 Ele Staves , Lv20 Carby Mitts , Lv63 Kraken Club , Lv33 Peacock Charm ... i think the list can go on . and dont forget JAs and JTs that are Lv50+ (Triple Attack , Avatars Favor...)

The LV search has always Capped out @ 99 , even when the cap was 50 . Why make judgement on something we know nothing about . Wait for the Cap increase THEN start talkin about quitting. Untill then , think of all the amazing things you can do as DRG99/BLU49 , or SMN99/RDM49 , SAM99/WAR49 DRK99/WAR49 MNK99/WAR49 WHM99/RDM49 BRD99/COR49 RDM99/SCH49 (Refreshga , FInally ? i mean srsly RDM was like the first and doesnt get it WTF)
 Fenrir.Vacian
Server: Fenrir
user: Vacian
By Fenrir.Vacian 2010-03-01 12:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Zandra said:
Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone said:
Hades.Zandra said:
just before I probably get my last pieces of gear it will all be just about worthless, thanks for nothing SE.

How?

The people who still play have built their characters up from the ground. They lead shells, and they have acquired a specific in game wealth. Having a few 75 jobs (let alone 15-20) means something in this game, a certain flexibility. By raising the lvl cap SE is going to confiscate that flexibility and make it worthless, so now everything everyone has worked so hard to for, is worthless.

This isn't like adding a new piece of gear, where to stay on top you need to get it. This is taking everything you've worked for and making it WORTHLESS. This is redesigning the whole game months before its effectively outdated.

;;; seriously I feel bad for you...oh wait I don't lolz

Edit: pixels people, you're crying over pixels, just try to remember that. I understand working hard on something for extended periods of time to have SOME of that work taken out from you is a *** and a slap to the face but seriously, did you think this game would last forever? It had to end sometime, did you just plan on topping yourself when it did shutdown for good?
 Lakshmi.Azrial
Server: Lakshmi
user: Azrial
By Lakshmi.Azrial 2010-03-02 02:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Chasuro said:
Lakshmi.Azrial said:

I am sorry you have that attitude. Sure, SE is a corporation. They make decisions in their best interest, but they also think of their customers.

SE has shown us the next year of updates for FFXI. If the last update in this list is Dec of 2010, they aren't going to shut down ffxi a month later. So we're looking at a year at least guaranteed. I say closer to 2 years before another server merge is needed. Maybe a final merge who knows.

Sure, this may be the final big bang for FFXI, but they arent going to shut it down until the user base cannot support the servers and still make a profit. I guarantee there are many people who will not leave FFXI until SE shuts it down. I say 2 years at least. Cry?

You make a few good points. Sorry if I sounded like a ***, I was trying to make a few short thoughts known. I personally think the way their doing this content dump is *** awesome. But I know alot of players feel like their being cheated. If anything they should feel like they're being given a lot more freedom over time. This new dump will give players way more opertunities to do unthinkable things. So you have to grind to 99, big *** deal. Imagine what you can do at that point.

As far as SE letting FFXI go, its going to happen sooner or later. It might be a year or so, but I can't imagine SE getting more hardcore than they are right now. When the content is completely released, it's done. The game as we know it will be broken to the point where soloing Fafnir is a logical idea. The only point in doing this is to give end game players a fanatical objective to end game play. Thus, dropping the curtain to FFXI.

Of course I'm drunk, ranting on as I do best. But I can't comprehend the idea of a petition for game breaking content. All your saying is "stop giving me stuff to do in this game, I like not being challenged". If that's the case, this was never the game for you.

/end rant
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8