Game: FFXI
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2023-10-09 22:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Patch Notes
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/61169

Items
New Items - https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/October_2023_Version_Update_Changes

No big update today, so no stream and items will be updated on BG in the morning. I am making this thread to keep up the tradition of these always getting derailed.

Update: Ethereal weapons added. The red weapons from the final TVR BCNM. Link: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/57501/october-2023-version-update/1/#3680182
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-10-09 23:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
They're still going to have stage 5 on October 10th.

Hurray. You went to sortie 180 days in a row.
[+]
By Shuko 2023-10-10 00:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

We still appreciate you keeping the database good Funk, thank you! Hope to see you stream again if they toss us a bone (A bigger update)
[+]
By Trillium 2023-10-10 00:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shuko said: »
We still appreciate you keeping the database good Funk, thank you! Hope to see you stream again if they toss us a bone (A bigger update)

Agreed! Thanks for keeping things going @Funkworkz!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-10-10 00:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The following changes have been made to the Bhaflau Thickets.
The location of the notorious monster Khimaira has been changed from Hediva Isle (I-7) to Hediva Isle (G-7).
Some of the Heraldic Imp and Soulflayer monsters that appeared in Hediva Isle (G-7) will no longer appear.

Once is an accident...but this is the second time they've called Caedarva Mire "Bhaflau Thickets" in patch notes. Thats just incompetence, to no ones surprise.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-10-10 04:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Well my secret hopes that they would chnage prime sword's DT to DT II has passed. Thank god I get to do less sortie
[+]
 Ragnarok.Creaucent
Server: Ragnarok
user: Creaucent
By Ragnarok.Creaucent 2023-10-10 05:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Quote:
The following changes have been made to the Bhaflau Thickets.
The location of the notorious monster Khimaira has been changed from Hediva Isle (I-7) to Hediva Isle (G-7).
Some of the Heraldic Imp and Soulflayer monsters that appeared in Hediva Isle (G-7) will no longer appear.

Once is an accident...but this is the second time they've called Caedarva Mire "Bhaflau Thickets" in patch notes. Thats just incompetence, to no ones surprise.

its correct for me.

Quote:
The following changes have been made to Caedarva Mire.
By Pantafernando 2023-10-10 05:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Patch Notes
I am making this thread to keep up the tradition of these always getting derailed.

It does feel like this is the exact reason why 90% of the people come here.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-10-10 07:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank god they fixed an irrelevant issue from 2021, amirite?
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-10-10 08:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know what the stats are on Erudite's staff or the +1? I don't expect much from a synergy item but I'm still curious.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-10-10 08:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Creaucent said: »
its correct for me.
They must have fixed it because it was definitely Bhaflau Thickets last night.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-10-10 08:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never seen them announce "moving an NM" two map blocks over as part of their "update". Usually that's a minor part of other things in the patch, they just throw it in the notes. Never in the main topic. Jeez. That's rock bottom.

Quote:
The issue wherein the title that is acquired upon completion of the "Crystal Paradise" Master Trial can also be obtained by party members that have not entered the battlefield.

Would be funny if you could alliance people from inside the fight and everyone outside gets credit for the win.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2023-10-10 08:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

They moved Khimaira so it wouldn’t get in the way of people leveling on the new apex imps they put in his field. Never mind the fact that anyone strong enough to level off said imps should be able to take out khimaira in a couple hits. It’s a pointless change and after a decade and a half of him being in that field moving him just feels wrong.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-10-10 08:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

They moved it so people who aren't capable of surviving apex mobs can still kill Khim.

Come on. This is obvious.

Quote:
About the pop location of Khimaira

Sorry if this is the wrong thread.
In the September 2023 update, a new monster was relocated to the pop location of HNM Chimera in Kadaba's floating swamp.
That in itself is a good thing, but since a large number of active monsters for mass sports have been placed, it is impossible to fight with Chimera.
Could you please change the pop location of the chimera?
I want a Haute Claire so I want to try it!

I look forward to your consideration.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-10-10 08:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Melliny said: »
They moved Khimaira so it wouldn’t get in the way of people leveling on the new apex imps they put in his field. Never mind the fact that anyone strong enough to level off the said imps should be able to take out khimaira in a couple hits. It’s a pointless change and after a decade and a half of him being in that field moving him just feels wrong.

I think you have this backwards. It's not about Khimaira aggroing you while you're exping, the issue is that someone who might want to kill Khimaira will not be able to wade through a field of Apex mobs to get to the level 80 NM.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2023-10-10 08:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Updating the wiki now. Page in OP is live.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-10-10 08:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Khimaira has visually big moves. People that don't use DGVoodoo could probably crash if the imps are also going silly.

No I don't think it's a real issue. Yes I think it's an issue with griefing. Yes I think it's more of a liability to RMT selling XP and their newer customers.

SE protecting their base. /Jaded

I mean it's for new players who are playing the game legit....and clawing their way up from the bottom who decided that was a fun pit stop.....for a seveneyes.....
By Taint 2023-10-10 09:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
They moved Khimaira so it wouldn’t get in the way of people leveling on the new apex imps they put in his field. Never mind the fact that anyone strong enough to level off the said imps should be able to take out khimaira in a couple hits. It’s a pointless change and after a decade and a half of him being in that field moving him just feels wrong.

I think you have this backwards. It's not about Khimaira aggroing you while you're exping, the issue is that someone who might want to kill Khimaira will not be able to wade through a field of Apex mobs to get to the level 80 NM.

On the OF a JP player said he wanted to camp Khim but the apex mobs were in the way. So of course it was fixed ASAP.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/61122-Khimaira%EF%BC%88%E3%82%AD%E3%83%9E%E3%82%A4%E3%83%A9%EF%BC%89%E3%81%AE%E3%83%9D%E3%83%83%E3%83%97%E5%A0%B4%E6%89%80%E3%81%AB%E3%81%A4%E3%81%84%E3%81%A6
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-10-10 09:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just how it's always done.

Serket got moved when the new higher level mobs were added. Hotpot was moved when new higher level mobs were added. Sewer Syrup was moved. etcetc
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-10-10 09:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not knocking the move, just seems like a slow news day to actually announce that as one of two "big" things for your patch (other being ambu). But ya gotta announce something so w/e
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-10-10 09:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Crafters may also have need for the mats. Its not like theres a steady supply or source of Khim materials. I know Bone100 needs a ring made of 2 horns.

I know whenever something took me to Hediva Isle, I checked to see if the kitty was chillin, and most of the time it was dead.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2023-10-10 09:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So they added new red "Ethereal" weapons this update. Looks like the same ones used in the final TVR BCNM?
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-10-10 09:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So they added new red "Ethereal" weapons this update. Looks like the same ones used in the final TVR BCNM?
I have already forgotten what they look like anyone have any screen caps?
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2023-10-10 09:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
I have already forgotten what they look like anyone have any screen caps?

Thanks to Shuko from the May version update part 2 https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/57284/may-2023-version-update-part-2#3664918

and Asura.Melliny https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/57284/may-2023-version-update-part-2#3664938

[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-10-10 09:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Funk MVP!
Not what I was expecting for a gk but I'll take it

No great sword shot it seems
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2023-10-10 09:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest I was expecting those red ethereal weapons to be the glamor reward from the new master trial we got last month. I was surprised when they weren't.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-10-10 10:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest I was expecting those red ethereal weapons to be the glamor reward from the new master trial we got last month. I was surprised when they weren't.
I am glad they aren't needs to be at least 10x as flashy
Little disappointed there's not one (master trial skin) for each weapon type
By Bosworth 2023-10-10 16:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

What are these even for?
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2023-10-10 19:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Erudite's Staff +1 actually not bad all things considered. easy to obtain precast option for jobs that can spare the main slot before better options are available.

also very few precast options at lower levels, it'll be going in my SCH's precast set for Up In Arms. obviously great for cures during pre-elemental staves levels as well
[+]
First Page 2 ... 8 9 10