any idea where the red weapons drop?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-10-10 20:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Bruno said: »
Erudite's Staff +1 actually not bad all things considered. easy to obtain precast option for jobs that can spare the main slot before better options are available.

also very few precast options at lower levels, it'll be going in my SCH's precast set for Up In Arms. obviously great for cures during pre-elemental staves levels as well

Yeah this and Ageist are actually better than nothing
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2023-10-11 14:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bosworth said: »
What are these even for?

We have no idea yet.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-10-11 14:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

They aren't "for" anything. Just more inventory eating (and dev time wasting) trash.
By Tarage 2023-10-11 15:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The red weapons are for the upcoming mog lotto. Search your feelings, you know I'm right.
By Felgarr 2023-10-11 15:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
They aren't "for" anything. Just more inventory eating (and dev time wasting) trash.

Often enough, I do agree with what you have to say. But, can you limit your acerbic, vitriolic, Square-Enix hate-speech to just one post per day?

You're harshing my mellow, man.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-10-11 15:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course I cannot.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-10-11 18:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

These are the base versions for the new REMA class Ethereal weapons. We will need stage 5 of every other REMA fused to make one :trollsmile:
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-10-11 18:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
These are the base versions for the new REMA class Ethereal weapons. We will need stage 5 of every other REMA fused to make one :trollsmile:
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-10-11 19:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
No great sword shot it seems

The first picture actually is the great sword. I just hadn't found the correct dat for the mithra race at the time yet so the animation on the model was off in viewer. There are either 8 or 16 different instances of each weapon (one per race/gender combo, and dual wielded weapons get an offhand which is separate from mainhand) and each has its own unique animations. Here's a screenshot with the cat holding the great sword properly, as well as the missing weapons I didn't show last time.

Quote:
The red weapons are for the upcoming mog lotto. Search your feelings, you know I'm right.

This is probably the case actually.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-10-11 19:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If you look at the thumbnail it's a naglering model.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-10-11 22:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
If you look at the thumbnail it's a naglering model.
I read that as naegling model and Im not going back.
What would a oversized naegling even look like as a great sword
[+]
By Tarage 2023-10-21 05:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have a good place to put this since I can't post in Dev Updates but on the FFXIV livestream for the fanfest they announced a larger cross collab with FFXI, where FFXIV's next 24 man raid series is all about Vana'diel, and they said there would be something new for FFXI as well.
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2023-10-21 06:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe this time we'll finally get to go to Tavnazia?
[+]
By Taint 2023-10-21 06:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
I don't have a good place to put this since I can't post in Dev Updates but on the FFXIV livestream for the fanfest they announced a larger cross collab with FFXI, where FFXIV's next 24 man raid series is all about Vana'diel, and they said there would be something new for FFXI as well.

The 24 man raids have been pretty solid IMO.

This has great potential!
[+]
By Tarage 2023-10-21 07:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I should clarify, I don't actually know if anything is going towards XI, I'm basing it off of the "In alliance with FFXI" in the image.

Temper expectations.
 Lakshmi.Stepth
Server: Lakshmi
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2023-10-21 07:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Suteru said: »

Maybe this time we'll finally get to go to Tavnazia?

As much as I like this and thought the same thing, I feel like that would be the ultimate slap to XI if they did it. We’ve been wanting to see the place in game for 20 years and for it to randomly show up in Eorzea is kinda weird. Of course, that’s why they’ll do it and I’ll also love every minute of it.
[+]
By Tarage 2023-10-21 07:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

https://twitter.com/FFXI_EN/status/1517598582001442816

So it's funny, the image they used is actually recycled from the "We are Vanadiel" campaign.

By Dodik 2023-10-21 07:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

No half baked attempt to attract XI players by tugging on feelings is going to make me want to play XIV.
[+]
By Tarage 2023-10-21 08:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, XIV has become a really good game. It's mostly carried by the writing, but they've also done a ton of work to remove the early jank. It is very feasible to play most of the game like a solo rpg should you desire. I'd say FFXIV is the solo FFXI a lot of people want.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-10-21 08:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You're about to get flamed brother
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2023-10-21 08:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I really like XIV but sometimes I miss the slower paced fights of XI and how I could pretty much just afk while my TP built and between my 11+ minute COR rolls.

Disappointed COR wasn't the new job.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2023-10-21 08:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, XIV has become a really good game. It's mostly carried by the writing, but they've also done a ton of work to remove the early jank. It is very feasible to play most of the game like a solo rpg should you desire. I'd say FFXIV is the solo FFXI a lot of people want.

I never really thought of XIV as "bad", just not made for me. I played until he end of the first expansion and while I liked the nostalgia dungeons, the music, and the Story itself was good. The endgame gameplay loop was just the same modern retention-based boring nothingburger I've grown bored of in every modern MMO/Live service title. In a way, content in XIV is really quite fun the first time, it plays like a decent single player experience, but falls apart entirely when you enter "grind mode", for me.

I don't get an ounce of dopamine or enjoyment from grinding glorified cosmetic gear with Item level+5 and Stat Number+1 with zero room for build diversity at all and any outlier or excelling classes with unique mechanics or potential beating into line and robbed of their originality in order to keep them balanced.

I do hate XIV, but mostly cause its popularity and success is no doubt what killed XI. Had 2.0 flopped, XI today may be a very different game, alas, it was a major success and RIP our dev team.
By Tarage 2023-10-21 08:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Had 2.0 flopped Square Enix world have gone out of business.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-10-21 09:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Had 2.0 flopped Square Enix world have gone out of business.

Nah they have too many good IP's, it would of been a short term financial hit and a long term reputational hit, but they would of recovered. SE is kinda like EA, "too big to fail".

Taint said: »

The 24 man raids have been pretty solid IMO.

This has great potential!

Gameplay wise FFXIV is really fun, it's just not as dynamic as FFXI. What I mean is that for FFXIV gameplay is primarily in actively moving around and actively playing the game, for FFXI it's about gear + buff + job selection. FFXIV's "perfect balance" approach means they don't need to worry about class A overpowering and excluding class B, gear and stat growth and very linear. It also means that most of the classes play very similarly and call very clearly into the buckets of "Tank, Melee DPS, Ranged DPS, Healer".
[+]
By Draylo 2023-10-21 09:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It's still garbage, going to follow the exact same pattern as always. If you didn't like it before you arent going to now but they have some nostalgia grab the usual "member leaping lizzy" crowd will probably interact with shortly before they quit again.

Literally barely anything had changed for someone to say "its become a great game". The same annoying fetch quests, the same extremely oversimplified combat with having to now memorize 20m fight choreography for the harder battles. The biggest change is them completely starving this game of resources. All apart of their plan to try and shove people onto that game lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Stepth
Server: Lakshmi
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2023-10-21 10:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Suteru said: »
Disappointed COR wasn't the new job.

I was also hoping for Corsair, but the reality is they already took the major 'marketable' aspects of the job - guns and cards - and gave them to Machinist and Astrologian, respectively.

The cards you could maybe get around by actually using dice rolls this time around, but MCH already uses the small handguns that COR had with its hexaguns.

Still sad they couldn't put something together as a COR concept. I'd definitely change my main to that.
 Asura.Sensarity
user: Meeeeeep
By Asura.Sensarity 2023-10-21 10:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
I'm bitter.
[+]
By Bosworth 2023-10-21 11:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm thrilled that we're getting more FFXI stuff in FFXIV. Super excited for the 24 man raid.

Viper also gives me ffxi vibes.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-10-21 11:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sensarity said: »
Draylo said: »
I'm bitter.
And why shouldn't he be? SE abandoned an IP that he quite enjoyed to devote all their resources to one he does not. It's perfectly rational they did that, but it's also pretty reasonable for people to be upset about it. Things like this are just salt in the wound.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10