Fenrir.Velner
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2023-10-26 06:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Nothing. Just leave it.

Every content that has HP scaling isnt done in alliance. Whos doing Reisen HELM's in an alliance because "we need the alliance to kill it"? No one. Who was doing Delve in an alliance (after it was figured out) because "we need the alliance to kill it"? No one.

Whats easier? Dyna-D with 6 people or 18 people?

We do Aeonics as an alliance. . . we cleared 14 yesterday. 18 the run before. Are we doing it wrong??
[+]
By Taint 2023-10-26 07:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
Odyssey I don't know maybe let us have subjobs, I feel like it would get a lot more involved trying to let alliances in with all the restrictions and such. Simply allowing subjobs would ad a lot more flexibility and interesting builds while also just generally making the fights easier.
You can't really allow alliances in there.
Subjobs though? It's an interesting idea I gotta say.

What do you guys think the impact of that would be on the overall difficulty of Odyssey fights?
I think on some fights it would just be a small boost, but on others the difference could potentially be quite massive.

Not that I would complain, I think it's due they do some progressive adjustments to Odyssey accessibility/difficulty.
I mean I would be quite mad if they did that a couple of months after the first groups in the world struggled to finally get a win.
But this december it's gonna be one year since the release of V25. Sounds like a perfect time to release some QoL to Odyssey, if you ask me.

SJs would make the fights a good bit easier, but you would still need the correct strategy and jobs.

/DRG would be huge since hate becomes a real issue towards the end of T3s.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-10-26 08:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

New battlefield?
 Asura.Shermansmith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Shermansmith 2023-10-26 08:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

SE throwing curve balls!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-10-26 08:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ashu Talif had great music and some (at the time) one-of-a-kind drops. it's good to see them still make new fights.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-10-26 08:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Barbarossa Zerehs! <3

I dunno, Ashu Talif was incredibly good and incredibly annoying at the same time. Love & Hate from me.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-10-26 09:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys - the game is fixed -

I beat V25 Arebati - Working on my prime now... Worlds healing
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-10-26 11:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
(would be fun for Sheol A/B/C though!)

I know this has a 0% chance of happening, but seeing a balanced Sheol for alliances would be really wild and fun I think. Technical issues aside, most decent groups are full clearing at this point, so some changeup (or balance) there would be nice.

Or hell, while we're talking about things that won't happen, why not make it spicy. Sheol D, allow alliances, 4 floors, each floor you full clear to spawn a random Gaol boss of the same tier (with v25 damage resistances) that has to be defeated to spawn the crystal. Kill bumba at the end or no bonus reward. I'd play the ***out of that and I'm sure it'd be amazing madness. Watching an alliance try to coordinate magic bursting Ongo to beat the time crunch for moving up sounds like a riot.

then again, we can barely pull together 6 people to do v25, so maybe not.
 Asura.Splendid
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2023-10-26 11:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I mentioned this before, but I think content needs to be Walk of Echoes style where anyone can enter and get muffins, segs, RP. Albeit at a slower rate than doing the actual current content.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-10-26 11:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »
Watching an alliance try to coordinate magic bursting Ongo to beat the time crunch for moving up sounds like a riot.

Yeah, it sure would be hard to get 18 people to do something that 6 people can do. Imagine trying to "coordinate" a single person using 2 weapon skills and everyone blasting off nukes as fast as they can. What a laugh riot.

Imagine the segments and gil in D are better than A/B/C so everyone on small servers is whining about how they couldn't even get together 6 people and now all of a sudden they need to get 18 people together so they can get segments, and need to execute V25 fights in order to seg farm. People would be thrilled! Or the segments are worse than A/B/C so literally nobody does it and it was a waste of time.

Imagine having to prepare a melee blunt, melee slashing, piercing, and magic setups for T2/T3 clears, plus having a Bumba strategy ready. While also making sure to have enough crits to disable both Arebati & Xevioso in case they pop up. Oh, watch out, he has Glassy Nova.

This would be absolutely miserable.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-10-26 11:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
This would be absolutely miserable.

Misery likes company
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-10-26 12:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Velner said: »
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Nothing. Just leave it.

Every content that has HP scaling isnt done in alliance. Whos doing Reisen HELM's in an alliance because "we need the alliance to kill it"? No one. Who was doing Delve in an alliance (after it was figured out) because "we need the alliance to kill it"? No one.

Whats easier? Dyna-D with 6 people or 18 people?

We do Aeonics as an alliance. . . we cleared 14 yesterday. 18 the run before. Are we doing it wrong??

Oh I can work with so much here

1-You dropped from 18 to 14 cause the 4 extra people werent needed (or werent there or quit or whatever reason). In general, were the fights easier or harder? Asking because I very clearly stated the reason of "we need the alliance to kill it".
2-14 people means that you have 2 people who are left in the dirt when it comes to Ody/Sortie
3-Did you need the 14 people, or was it just a LS group event?
4-The fact you had 14 means alliance driven content should still be alive and well
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-10-26 12:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Love new battlefields. Can anyone tell what zone the pudding is in?
Edit: Nevermind. Others said Ashu Talif. Cool!
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-10-26 13:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »

It appears to show the Ashu Talif. Connection to the VR story? Well the captiain of the Ashu Talif, Luzaf, is present in the last fight of VR. My bet is there is a series of areas (potentially valhallan versions) related to each npc who appears (cornelia, ragelise, lehko, fickblix and luzaf)
By Dodik 2023-10-26 13:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought the game was in maintenance mode, what is going on.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-10-26 13:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flowen said: »

It appears to show the Ashu Talif. Connection to the VR story? Well the captiain of the Ashu Talif, Luzaf, is present in the last fight of VR. My bet is there is a series of areas (potentially valhallan versions) related to each npc who appears (cornelia, ragelise, lehko, fickblix and luzaf)

I doubt it has any connection to the latest story, but them recently adding those red weapons could have something to do with it. Feels like SE remembered there are so many unused battlefields, and it has been years since we got one. Let's just hope the drop rates (screw Shinryu) aren't ridiculous.

Dodik said: »

One of the biggest gripes of getting Prime weapons is having nothing new to use them on. Even if they added a new HTB once every 4-6 months, it's encouraging players to improve so they can beat new content easier.
By Draylo 2023-10-26 13:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Confirmed new expansión in the works to the far east.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-10-26 13:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
no need to scale HP of bosses,etc. Just scale down the muffin rewards, gently, for above 6.

I know for one I'd gladly invite a friend along for an 8 man run at 90% returns vs that guy never getting to run with a group, only to eventually quit.

Nah cause that just encourages hyper optimization. One vs six vs eighteen should have zero difference reward wise. If it's "easy" for eighteen, so freaking what, the game is twenty years old. If we wanted Dark Souls then we'll just go play Dark Souls.

Six people does the contents, three to five friends want to come along and have fun. We all get to chill, drink a few beers and laugh on discord while silliness ensues. Everyone finish's feeling great and laughing.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-10-26 13:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flowen said: »

I doubt it has any connection to the latest story, but them recently adding those red weapons could have something to do with it. Feels like SE remembered there are so many unused battlefields, and it has been years since we got one (screw Shinryu). Let's just hope the drop rates aren't ridiculous.

One of the biggest gripes of getting Prime weapons is having nothing nothing new to use them on. Even if they added a new HTB once every 4-6 months, it's encouraging players to improve so they can beat new content easier.

I guess my assumption that this is VR end game type content is based on SE alluding to this a while back (and probably me being hopeful that this is more than another merit bcnm which crap drop rates!)
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-10-26 13:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't they outright say they plan to add multiple master trials? Is there any reason to believe this won't just be another one? Try not to get your hopes up too high.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-10-26 13:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Didn't they outright say they plan to add multiple master trials? Is there any reason to believe this won't just be another one? Try not to get your hopes up too high.

Main reason - It says new battlefield and pretty certain they describe master trials as master trials, but it's not like SE works off a strict glossary of terms
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-10-26 13:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »

I believe that SE specifically calling it a "battlefield", and not a "master trial", is enough to assume it is a new high tier battlefield.

Traditionally, Master Trials are extremely buffed versions of previous storyline bosses (I know most of the HTBs also do this), but this is just a random fight with a pudding... which to me, leans far more toward a HTB. It would be a bit of a slap in the face to bring out two master trials one after another, when so many players want new content with non-lockstyle rewards.
 Asura.Rekcuf
user: ashcrow
By Asura.Rekcuf 2023-10-26 13:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

i think this is the best worst best game in the world
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-10-26 13:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rekcuf said: »
i think this is the best worst best game in the world

Ok?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-10-26 13:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's just hope the drop rates (screw Shinryu) aren't ridiculous.
You mean you dont like 0.001% drop rates?

edit: it might be closer to 0.005%
[+]
By Bosworth 2023-10-26 13:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If the content cadence amounts to a new HTMB every 3-4 months, I'm cool with that
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-10-26 13:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bosworth said: »
If the content cadence amounts to a new HTMB every 3-4 months, I'm cool with that

Would you really be ok with content you do 10 times for 1 drop the first day and nothing else for 120 days. (or content you do 1000 times, get no drop from)

Kinda depressing. Better than how it has been, but still.
By Bosworth 2023-10-26 13:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Bosworth said: »

Would you really be ok with content you do 10 times for 1 drop the first day and nothing else for 120 days. (or content you do 1000 times, get no drop from)

Kinda depressing. Better than how it has been, but still.

When it's that or nothing, yes I'm ok with it. If you keep your expectations in check, you can't really be disappointed
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-10-26 14:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Drop rates can be fair. Not overly common. Not stupidly rare to the point of giving up. If you rock up and get all the drops in a day, it is far too common. If you spend every day for an entire year and maybe get one or two of the rare drops (only if you're lucky), then that's not right, either. The dreaded word again. Balance.
[+]
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-10-26 15:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If we're talking about fair drop rates, something along the model of the Odin/Alexander/Cait Sith HTBCs is pretty reasonable.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10