Forum » FFXI » General » October 2023 Version Update
October 2023 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-10-26 16:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Luzaf has the coolest outfit in the game. They should release his 'fit from this new battlefield.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2023-10-26 16:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Philemon said: »
If we're talking about fair drop rates, something along the model of the Odin/Alexander/Cait Sith HTBCs is pretty reasonable.
It kind of depends on how soloable the fight is. Those htmbs you listed have a pretty balanced drop rate if you are splitting 6 ways to clear vd but if you can solo the fights on d or vd the drop rates seem a bit high imo although i would definitely take that over another shinryu drop rate.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-10-26 17:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Luzaf has the coolest outfit in the game. They should release his 'fit from this new battlefield.

We heard an adventurer say something about Luzaf, so here it is! The Luzaf HTB campaign! We've increased the droprate by the number of rolls he has placed on your party!
[+]
 Shiva.Liam
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2023-10-26 17:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

cost of entry - 10000 muffins
[+]
By Agrestic 2023-10-26 18:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The most likely outcome is the new battlefield drops the Ethereal Weapons that are only partially implemented in this month's update.
 Asura.Volteczero
Server: Asura
By Asura.Volteczero 2023-10-26 19:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

pls new mage grip /copium
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-10-26 21:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Odyssey I don't know maybe let us have subjobs

Why not. It was such a dumb idea anyway to restrict subjobs since they WHOLE game is predicated on Job/Subjob.

I mean, who ok'd that?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-10-26 21:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopalong said: »
Quote:
Odyssey I don't know maybe let us have subjobs

Why not. It was such a dumb idea anyway to restrict subjobs since they WHOLE game is predicated on Job/Subjob.

I mean, who ok'd that?

Meh. To make the one job only work, they had to. sch/whm is whm. rdm/whm is whm. blm/whm is whm. smn/whm is whm. pld/whm is whm.

And /smn cait spam of course

Oh! all /smn for tree too
By Hopalong 2023-10-26 21:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what you are syaing, but feels awkward for no sj, and if they weree worried that everyone could "whm", why not?

They could nerf cait spam just like they nerfed summoner or geo if they wanted. But my opinion is at this stage of the game, why nerf, delay or strangle? why not let the players have a good time.
By Seun 2023-10-26 21:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopalong said: »
Not sure what you are syaing, but feels awkward for no sj, and if they weree worried that everyone could "whm", why not?

They restricted bringing more than one of the same job. That would likely carry over to bringing more than one of the same subjob which would also be problematic. I think the limitation is the theme of the event in their eyes though so I don't see them doing anything more than events for generating more segs or getting more drops, something along those lines.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-10-26 22:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would a sch sub whm?
 Asura.Rekcuf
user: ashcrow
By Asura.Rekcuf 2023-10-26 22:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Why would a sch sub whm?
Curaga III?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-10-26 22:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Also: na spells and erase while in dark arts.

But when compared to the stuff /rdm adds, it's not too likely to be better. Depends heavily on the circumstances.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-10-26 23:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If your sch is in the main healer role, they better not be in dark arts.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-10-26 23:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ongo
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-10-26 23:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I said main healer role.

PLD can keep themselves alive without issue, same with run between regen and pulse.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-10-27 00:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, there's also birds in the fight and I'd say rarely will a RUN be able to survive the entire fight with 0 cures, erases, or anything else. You can bring medicine but having the ability to remove it from the main (only) healer, would be nice.

I'd prolly still sub RDM though, but I could see the benefits, albeit minimal, of having /whm in that fight where SCH is the main healer and needs to be in dark arts.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-10-27 05:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol you think that's how SCH works?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-10-27 10:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would a sch sub whm?

Also "better not be in dark arts" clearly implied riding it, not hopping into dark arts for 5 seconds to dump a Kaustra then swapping back.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-10-27 13:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH/WHM is about 1 of 3 things.

Max potency Regen will take care of you unwashed masses. Occasional Cures will save important people.

1. And I don't want to leave DA to do -na spells.
2. And I don't want to leave DA to do Curagas

or most importantly (sarcasm)
3. I don't want to leave LA because Divine spells don't suffer from AOE reduction or the Nuke Wall and these MFers gave me Daybreak. Rapture MFers!

Most of this is just left over insanity from killing Lilith on VD with RDM/DRK and SCH/WHM, and probably shouldn't be taken very seriously.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-10-27 14:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't matter, if you have time to press accession then it's not a serious enough situation to even care. If it is a serious enough situation, then someone just died while you wanted on the GCD.

FFXI has a 3s GCD for spell and 2s GCD for WS's and JA's, spells take 1~2 seconds to cast depending, meaning you can do one action every 4~5 seconds. When bosses do bad AoE moves, you need to get everyone out of orange / yellow ASAP because otherwise someone is going to eat dirt. Healing one a time gets someone killed, using a JA before healing gets someone killed, casting a non-cure spell gets someone killed. The only response that doesn't result in the possibility of death is an immediate AoE cure. Curaga II is great for topping off after a moderate AoE move, but if someone is in red / orange it won't be enough to bring them to safety and someone is about to get killed. Curaga III OTOH is strong enough to lift someone from red/orange back to full while also topping everyone else off.

SCH healers aren't used to dealing with five people in AoE range, DDx2,COR, BRD, GEO. Raetic +1, Aurorastorm II and Curaga II/III will guarantee everyone is always kept at full throughout AoE heavy fights. Regen is nice for HoT but it's nowhere near enough to deal with Boss's that are spamming high damage AoE moves.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-10-27 17:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

And what event / fight is this where you have DDx x2 COR BRD GEO SCH/WHM, the SCH is necessary over WHM, and the enemy's attacks are so quick and so devastating that curaga 3 is the only salvation because accession cure4 is just way too slow?

This seems very "On paper it looked good".
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-10-27 21:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

And what event / fight is this where you have DDx x2 COR BRD GEO SCH/WHM, the SCH is necessary over WHM, and the enemy's attacks are so quick and so devastating that curaga 3 is the only salvation because accession cure4 is just way too slow?

This seems very "On paper it looked good".

That is 100% your invention, I never made it a condition that someone couldn't take a WHM.

The SCH is doing the same job the WHM was doing, cause they now have the tools to do so. As for the event, 8 boss melee sortie is one such situation.

And before the inevitable "buh buh WHY", because variety is fun.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-10-28 00:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
That is 100% your invention

SCH healers aren't used to dealing with five people in AoE range, DDx2,COR, BRD, GEO.

yeet

I do agree though that variety is fun, just like not being forced into hyper-optimized 6-man setups just to have a chance to succeed is fun.
VIP
By Lili 2023-10-29 08:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Six people does the contents, three to five paying customers want to come along and afk.

FTFY.

Agreed on the principle though.
 Shiva.Myamoto
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2023-10-29 11:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I will SCH in our melee sortie party as I don't have WHM geared or leveled and don't care to. I enjoy SCH, its a fun job and brings some utility to fights that is often forgotten. I can and do open with ebullience helix on AECG bosses for an easy quick 10k dot. Regen takes care of most issues curing. Caper can be useful for dumping all hate on to DRK (or whomever i suppose) for Gartell if the need for kiting arrives. Embrava is damn helpful for Aita. Also I tend to /run as SCH for sortie. EFG bosses are typically only 1 element of concern, yes I know F swaps elements, but for starting the fights I can valiance x2 runes for the whole party and give everyone a huge chunk of SDT to the specific element needed. I don't lose my barspells as you still get them /run. To me its a great way to play sch in sortie. The SDT reduction and regen combined is quite something.

Also didn't realize this was a version update thread at the time when I posted lol so adding this apology in afterwards about the SCH rant.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-10-29 14:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Myamoto said: »
I will SCH in our melee sortie party as I don't have WHM geared or leveled and don't care to. I enjoy SCH, its a fun job and brings some utility to fights that is often forgotten. I can and do open with ebullience helix on AECG bosses for an easy quick 10k dot. Regen takes care of most issues curing. Caper can be useful for dumping all hate on to DRK (or whomever i suppose) for Gartell if the need for kiting arrives. Embrava is damn helpful for Aita. Also I tend to /run as SCH for sortie. EFG bosses are typically only 1 element of concern, yes I know F swaps elements, but for starting the fights I can valiance x2 runes for the whole party and give everyone a huge chunk of SDT to the specific element needed. I don't lose my barspells as you still get them /run. To me its a great way to play sch in sortie. The SDT reduction and regen combined is quite something.

Also didn't realize this was a version update thread at the time when I posted lol so adding this apology in afterwards about the SCH rant.

I wish more players could think outside the box like this. Sounds like a lot of fun!
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-10-29 14:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

FG bosses are typically only 1 element of concern, yes I know F swaps elements, but for starting the fights I can valiance x2 runes for the whole party and give everyone a huge chunk of SDT to the specific element needed. I don't lose my barspells as you still get them /run. To me its a great way to play sch in sortie. The SDT reduction and regen combined is quite something.

Also didn't realize this was a version update thread at the tim

I'm glad someone else /RUN for valiance on supports. It's just a good idea.
By K123 2023-10-30 03:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Without subbing WHM for Curaga how are you keeping everyone alive? Dedicated tank?
 Shiva.Myamoto
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2023-10-30 09:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

umm, without dragging this on too much in a thread not meant for this. Without sounding facetious or condescending(believe me not my intention or style) I keep everyone alive the same way a sch did before curaga 3 became a thing with /whm. We don't have a tank in sortie, typical set up for the most part. WAR,DRK,BRD,COR,RDM,and healer which depending on who shows up is either myself as SCH or an alt whm and in which case I am WAR. Regen does a lot of the heavy lifting over time and outside of Aita there isn't a lot of AoE damage happening to the whole party. Aita I can be busy with Accession Cure 4's but again with boosted Regen from tabula and embrava up for that fight and drk using soul enslavement for the first 30 seconds its not typically a problem, RDM phalanx II everyone, good hybrid dt sets... a dead DD does no DD lol.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10