Stage 4 Prime Weapon's effect on Sortie
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 27 28 29
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2023-07-13 01:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mischief said: »
So, I posted yesterday in the Sortie main thread about how some of the basement bosses had changed AI after acquiring a Stage 4 Prime Weapon. We went in again tonight to test the rest of them, and...well...this is bad. It's bad enough that I felt it justified its own thread so more people can see it.

TL;DR Do not upgrade your Stage 4 Prime Weapon until you are finished with acquiring Gallimaufry, or be prepared to tank the Galli rates for you and any group you join as soon as you get it.

First off, a few commonalities - despite the basement bosses getting harder, the rewards are completely unchanged. 10k Gallimaufry per boss, no guaranteed Case+1, no Mesosiderite (this is probably luck based). Second, actually equipping the Prime Weapon is irrelevant, the bosses are harder if anyone has the Stage 4 anywhere in their inventory. It might be the case that it only looks at the person entering Sortie to determine the AI (both times our party leader had a Stage 4), but that's unlikely. Finally, the base stats of each enemy seem unchanged, it's only their AI that gets altered.

Now, on to the specific bosses. We have recordings of all of the new enrage mechanics, in case anyone's skeptical about all of this. There may be other changes, but these are the ones we've seen. This is all mage strategy, too, so YMMV if you use melee strategy.

Dhartok - Seems mostly unchanged. It seems to favor Noyade more and might use Cesspool earlier, but it dies just the same to mage strategy.

Gartell - Enters double hands mode MUCH sooner, and enters it repeatedly. In our run, he entered it at 65% and 30%, and stayed in it for full duration each time (at least 3 minutes, maybe a bit longer). Bind works from a RDM fairly easily in this mode, but all damage gets tanked and his damage output skyrockets, so it's basically a forced staring contest eating your time while waiting. Gravity seems to work once, then resists badly. It's possible that forcing him to change elements resets the double hands timer, but it's not like that's at all consistent...

Triboulex - Instantly uses Setting the Stage in response to using the same SC element more than once in succession. This one is less confirmed, but after doing a Fire -> Thunder = Fusion Skillchain, doing either Fire or Thunder with Immanence up resulted in death. You can still avoid Setting the Stage going off by kiting him. I don't know if the "same SC property = Death" applies to Weapon Skills, and now that we know Gravity kiting works I quite frankly don't want to test it.

Aita - Has...some sort of new trigger for Vivisection, I'm honestly not sure what it is. The first Vivisection was used 1 minute after pull, the second was used 58 seconds after it's first TP move after re-pulling it. The third took far longer, but we stopped nuking it midway through and it still wasn't the full 3 minutes. These are, of course, separate from the insta-Vivisections it still does upon re-pulling it after a wipe. It might have to do with number of Magic Bursts or something stupid like that?

And last, and certainly worst...

Aminon - 10 seconds after using Bane of Tartarus, Aminon will now instantly use Incessant Void again, regardless of TP. After upgrading to Stage 4, the Absorb-TP strategy is IMPOSSIBLE. Anyone who tried to fight this thing pre-Absorb strategy knows that it's an absolute disaster of a fight, so Aminon basically doesn't exist for our group anymore.

I'm honestly speechless. The fact that the bosses are this much worse for *** reasons, there's seemingly no way to opt out of it after upgrading a weapon, there are no extra rewards beyond a worthless -drite we haven't even seen yet, and there was ZERO indication that this would happen prior to upgrading?! There wasn't even a chat message or any visual indication the bosses are buffed until our group got blindsided by Vivisection at 70%!

The worst part, though? Not everyone in our group even HAS a Stage 4 Prime Weapon! So, unless it only counts the person who enters the group (which, in that case...why?!), that means that if you upgrade to Stage 4, you're destroying the Gallimaufry potential of ANY group you join! Truly, this is one of the most severe case of punishing the player for upgrading an item I've ever seen.

That's why I'm making this a separate topic I guess - making sure as many people see this as possible. Our group was the first to upgrade to Stage 4, and we're paying the price for it now. Spread the word: either keep your Prime Weapons at Stage 3 (and thus be unable to use their WS outside of Sortie), or tank your Gallimaufry rate. What a fun choice that is......

"Don't tell me these things, not now, man. This is my last sortie run."

YouTube Video Placeholder
By zixxer 2023-07-13 01:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Has someone tried to do a 3 step light or dark sc using a stage 4 weapon on a boss to see if the enrage is any different?

Just chatting up with the static now and we're just brainstorming. No one in the static is at 2.5m atm so no one can test.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Bluntx
Server: Asura
user: MrBlunt
By Asura.Bluntx 2023-07-13 02:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

SE wants you to use tanks, please use shield bash with stage 4 Duban to get gud points

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2023-07-13 02:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure Mischief group is still the only NA group with stage 4 Primes and he described with details all the runs since they got them. Beside doing WS once the first day, the other two days they spent on checking if not using and puting Primes in storage fix enrage. They also tried to keep using mages setup so far. Give them few days..

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2023-07-13 02:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
I'm still not sure I follow you here. We have time for basement roamers as it is, we just dont choose to do them at this time. And our DPS is sky high hitting 99999 on basically every nm including chain, as again I ask, how is rdm "better"? Better seems to imply it would improve something about our run, and its not damage or speed so what is it?

I wasnt talking about RDM, but not including COR and BRD into the fight. Hitting 99999 doesn't mean that BRD and COR shouldn't help with 70k savage. RDM is imo better, because it provides more utility with same or higher overall DPS. Once again if you are happy with your strategy I'm not saying you should change anything, just saying it could be improved in general. It also matters a lot if BRD and Cor are mules or not. Not being included and just watch the fights and roll/sing during daily farm would personally burn me in a week.
By SimonSes 2023-07-13 02:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubaiii said: »
@baniak

I'm pretty sure you are the hype man of that group.

I know Mischief for a long time and I have a lot of respect for him and that group. His posts here are also very detailed and I'm a little confused if people ask him about doing 3 step darkness, when he wrote that they use mage setup and left Primes in storage.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2023-07-13 03:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You seem to be saying we should be taking 70k savages over 99k chains and I struggle to follow you there. Also as above the Cor only holds back on 3 NMs, BFH, the Brd sits back and co-heals/tosses some cures/erases.

I don't want to argue really.

How is 2 step fusion on Aita doing 99999? It would also need to be in ice mode for this to even work.

How do you reliably doing Fimbulvetr>Fimbulvetr>Cross in thunder hand mode with all the stuns and it also means DRK is holding 3000TP effective TP for a long time. Unless you have AM3 Redemption it's a damage loss. Also Fimbulvetr>Fimbulvetr 2 step gravitation only works in thunder hand mode. In wind hand mode it will do like 2k damage maybe. Even in thunder mode I doubt it's doing 99999 even after 99999 Fimbulvetr.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2023-07-13 05:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean... Mischief is a grown *** person. He can further explain and defend himself if he so wanted. Just saying.
By SimonSes 2023-07-13 05:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
I mean... Mischief is a grown *** person. He can further explain and defend himself if he so wanted. Just saying.

There is nothing to explain though. Some people just haven't read his posts before asking questions.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-07-13 06:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You seem to be saying we should be taking 70k savages over 99k chains and I struggle to follow you there. Also as above the Cor only holds back on 3 NMs, BFH, the Brd sits back and co-heals/tosses some cures/erases.
you can do savage for free if you do it after the final ws of the sc and before the first ws of the next, with no meaningful delay for anyone, you just can't spam it at timer that way
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-07-13 06:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

@baniak

LMFAO.... He comes off the same exact way to me.

This is hilarious. There's a few of them here.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-07-13 06:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Greed. Nothing more....

Let's get rid of the developers so we can save money and then implement ridiculously hard content that will take years, if ever to complete so we don't have to create anything new.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-07-13 06:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
you can do savage for free if you do it after the final ws of the sc and before the first ws of the next, with no meaningful delay for anyone, you just can't spam it at timer that way

On his defense he would need to have amazing timing here, because Savage>Fimbulvetr is distortion, so it would heal Aita in ice mode and destroy his chain on Gartell. So not only Savage would need to be used right after Origin, but also Fimbulvetr right after Savage. I still dont understand how fusion is doing 99999 on 2 step and how its doing any meaningful damage at all outside of ice mode and what he does for 99999 all WS all SC in wind hand mode Gartell (We use Impulse <> Cross Reaper for both modes, since its darkness and works for both, but its not what he wrote).
By SimonSes 2023-07-13 06:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »
@baniak

LMFAO.... He comes off the same exact way to me.

This is hilarious. There's a few of them here.

Not sure what's wrong in supporting each other if you know someone for a long time.

I would wrote the same regardless though, because I simply don't like when someone doesn't bother to read, because "wall of text" I guess? Then asks questions to answers provided in that "wall of text".
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-07-13 07:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
On his defense he would need to have amazing timing here, because Savage>Fimbulvetr is distortion, so it would heal Aita in ice mode and destroy his chain on Gartell. So not only Savage would need to be used right after Origin, but also Fimbulvetr right after Savage.

a 3 second window is not that short, though i guess i haven't experienced the instance performance on asura personally in ages and it could definitely throw a wrench in things

depending how the multi boxers are set up, could be easy to have the opener throw out savage immediately before their open though
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-07-13 08:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Nothing in Odyssey changed this patch, but Sheol C was giving scale boxes for each Halo kill.

I am really curious what their release process is and how bugs like this show up, they had something similar happen about a year or so ago when they didn't do anything to Ody and briefly allowed subjobs in Gaol. That one I could at least write off as testing something as a potential change that accidentally got rolled out, but this one is just weird when there were no changes to Odyssey we're aware of and it's such a minor/insignificant change.
[+]
 Fenrir.Svens
Server: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2023-07-13 08:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably an odyssey related monthly campaign, similar to how BCNMs were dropping items related to the monthly campaign before it was implemented. Considering the event is 3 years old at this point (Jesus), it would be nice to have a segment boost for climbing/RP farming.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-07-13 08:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, it was mentioned earlier in the thread that upgrading to stage 5 may not have the same enrage mechanics as stage 4, and I suspect that may actually be the case. The enrage mechanics is apparently tied to stage 4 because "requirements to upgrade for stage 5" reasons. But once you have stage 5 those requirements aren't necessary anymore. Since stage 5 is a finished weapon and the mobs don't need to drop -ites anymore the behavior changes become unnecessary and may actually not happen.

There's no way to know of course, but it's a hunch I have. Has anyone from Mischif's group confirmed that mesosiderite drops from regular chests and bosses after upgrading to a stage 4 weapon like the previous stones do? Not that they're locked behind enraged Aminon or something? Because if you do get the stones as usual and stage 5 does not have the penalty that stage 4 does I figure in the long run the stage 4 enrage issue won't be a major problem for the community. People would just skip past stage 4 and suffer a couple bad runs while they farm the mesosiderite and be done with it.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-07-13 08:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

RE: RDM vs GEO and BRD/COR meleeing vs not. We do a melee setup and the difference I see between ours and their strat, after reading his, is that we have 3 extra melee (or 2 for some fights where he has COR joining in). Sure, it may seem like the 99k SC is worth more than your other DD, if they're just doing 70k. But if you add 80k BH, 60k Savage, and 60k Savage, that's > 99k SC. Plus as Simon said, you can WS more often because you aren't standing around waiting for your turn to make a SC.

I think the key here is where he said it's 3 people 2-boxing; it would be way too difficult to 2box while also managing 2 characters at the same time for these more complicated strats, imho. Bots or not, there's positioning to consider, knockbacks, binds, fetters, etc.

If your setup is working go for it, but there are reasons to have BRD/COR/RDM engaging. It's probably better for 6-man groups and yours is better for 3-man.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-07-13 08:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I would hope that's the case and once you reach Phase 5, the mechanic fades off. That'd be the right thing to do, but at this point I could see them retaining it just for the sake of throttling people who want to finish multiple weapons.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-07-13 08:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It is almost certainly the case that stage 5s do not cause this behavior. When you upgrade a stage 2 to 3, you stop getting the -drite drops unless you have another stage 2, ditto stage 1, and I presume stage 3->4. This means that the "enemy behavior" or however they described it is altered depending on the stage you have.

They could still make stage 5 have the penalty, or make it worse, but going based on the others I'd guess it's at least unique to carrying that stage. My guess is that it resets to no behavior (since there is no stone) but who knows.

Also: hindsight is 20/20, remember when the director said words to the effect of "You might find the final stage rather harsh" and everyone figured he meant "stage 5 will require a bunch of muffins"? Turns out he was talking about the 1m enrages.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-07-13 08:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
It is almost certainly the case that stage 5s do not cause this behavior. When you upgrade a stage 2 to 3, you stop getting the -drite drops unless you have another stage 2, ditto stage 1, and I presume stage 3->4. This means that the "enemy behavior" or however they described it is altered depending on the stage you have.

So the message is literally just "get all 8.5 million gallamaufery first, THEN upgrade to stage 4 and farm your stones". What kind of ***-backward logic is that? Oh wait, this is S-E we're talking about.

Mesosiderite DO drop from bosses and chests like the other -ite's as soon as you have a stage 4 right? They're not locked behind Aminon or something? Just looking for a confirmation of that here.
[+]
 Fenrir.Svens
Server: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2023-07-13 08:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Just sucks that if you go down the supposed casual route of stopping at stage 4 to have fun with it outside sortie, that character is forever stuck with hard mode until you eventually do finish it. I guess you can just finish up all the armor you want before getting the stage 4 and swear off sortie forever, but then you have to hope you don't level a new job, want another prime weapon, or they don't introduce a sortie monthly campaign.
 Asura.Iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-07-13 08:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, I agree, I would hope and expect that it goes away at phase 5, but I wouldn't have expected them to implement it this way to begin with, so who knows. They seem intent on doing things to drag it out and don't mind punishing the more dedicated players, so I could see it going the other direction unexpectedly.

I also would've thought they would slowly scale it up based on phase rather than just throw phase 4 players to the wolves, no behavior change at phase 3 seems a little strange. Maybe it's their *** up way of preventing players from hoarding phase 4 weapons and never upgrading.

As for stones, his post from yesterday indicates they haven't seen any drop yet, probably too early to tell.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-07-13 08:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

As hilarious as this is you're overselling it. It doesn't become impossible, it's just an inconvenience.

I know you don't know the difference, losing a couple minutes and getting less points is the worst thing imaginable, catastrophic.

Yeah, it's a *** move. Yeah, you should complain. It's not actually going to hinder (Mischief)((you)) they're still going to have stage 5 on October 10th-15th.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-07-13 08:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Between today and October 15th, if you get 50k muffins/day you'll be at 4,700,000 muffins. Add in some Ruspix and bam, you got a stew goin'

Sucks to go from 9 bosses down to 8, but if 8 "pissy boss mode" bosses can be cleared in a single run, can still get stage 5 ASAP, more-or-less.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 27 28 29