users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 115 116 117 ... 148 149 150
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2023-04-07 13:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

you would be on the lucky side then. we've been running sortie for 8 months now, so the most anyone in my group has is 3 +2 earrings.

I've been keeping a running tally of all the earrings I've personally gotten, and the numbers are fairly frustrating.

I haven't kept track of how many of the cases were +1 though, so recognizing +2 only come from +1 cases

523 total earrings obtained
462 NQ earrings
58 +1 earrings
3 +2 earrings

again- my personal experience has a heavier lean on the starting 6 jobs as drops vs the other job options, but that can probably be chalked up to RNG

job-NQ-+1-+2
war-35-4-0
mnk-25-2-0
whm-25-3-0
blm-24-1-0
rdm-24-4-1
thf-30-2-0
pld-20-2-1
drk-27-5-0
bst-17-2-0
bdr-25-3-1
rng-11-1-0
sam-17-2-0
nin-27-3-0
drg-23-4-0
smn-19-5-0
blu-18-2-0
cor-17-2-0
pup-21-4-0
dnc-11-4-0
sch-15-1-0
geo-15-1-0
run-16-0-0

now, I haven't opened all of these, just the first NQ of each job that I've gotten and the first +1 for the jobs I don't regularly play and all of the +1 for the jobs I do play, and clearly the +2. I have yet to get a max stat earring out of the at least 65 that I've opened.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2023-04-07 13:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Neviskio said: »
Anyone ever had the 5/5e empy casket F1 objective not triggered? Last night I went in as solo ninja, tried with 5/5 empy +1 lockstyle (verified multiple times it was 5/5 correctly) and it didn't pop. Tried then to equip that equipset, still nothing. I'm a bit baffled on why it didn't work, I've not done a lot of the objectives in that area maybe there's some hidden pre-requisite?

I was following Logical ninja route and I just dunno why it didn't work for me, next time I go in I can check my temp KIs but some zones I never did an objective but was quite frustrated to make all the damn walk into F to find out the casket didn't pop after multiple tries <.<

edit: does the set have to be only the empy? I also lockstyle other pieces outside of that, and weapons, maybe that's an issue? I verified again today fresh, it is 5/5 empy...

We've had a similar issue where someone had upgraded a piece and forgot to change that in the lockstyle, maybe look at that?
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-04-25 08:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to update on the earrings:

Total +1 cases opened: 34
Number of +2 earrings: 2 (DRG and PLD)
Distribution of earrings +1:

With 14 jobs currently levelled and ready, I was expecting slightly better odds to get something I could use, whereas I guess I've been particularly unlucking in getting lotsa stuff for the 8 jobs I don't use /shrug
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-04-25 09:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

it's very random, my static group has a member that has gotten 8 +2 earrings, I however have only gotten 2, and one was from before the static formed.
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2023-04-26 06:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody have any experience landing gravity on the E salamander boss on something other than rdm?
With the current group of people I play with I think we'd be going run sam cor geo brd sch but wasn't sure if it was feasible to land gravity1 on the salamander without a rdm.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-04-26 07:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
Anybody have any experience landing gravity on the E salamander boss on something other than rdm?
Only happened to me a couple of times, on SCH, and landed it on first cast.
Haven't really tried a lot of times, as I mentioned my sample is small.
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2023-04-26 07:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you remember having macc buffs outside of threnody/food? would you mind posting your sch enfeeb set?
By Taint 2023-04-26 07:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't bother kiting him with that group. Just straight tank him and remove the poison debuff every couple stacks. As he puts up clouds you can power through them or move him out of them.

Antidotes work on E with Metal buff.
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2023-04-26 07:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Only tried straight tanking with metals 1 time and it put up like 20 clouds so that seemed annoying enough not to try again
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-04-26 07:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you remember having macc buffs outside of threnody/food? would you mind posting your sch enfeeb set?
No threnody
No food
No Geo macc buffs.

I probably had Warlock's Roll up though. I can't say for sure but quite likely I did.

But yeah, what Taint said. If you get metal you can remove the poison, and if you remove it with a certain frequency, nobody will get oneshot by Dhartok.
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2023-04-26 08:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we got ***on by the dots but it's been a while
By Taint 2023-04-26 11:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Only tried straight tanking with metals 1 time and it put up like 20 clouds so that seemed annoying enough not to try again

The clouds are the DPS check. They don't spawn on us until sub 30% and we just power through them 90% of the time.

We use RUN,WAR,RDM,BRD,COR,WHM. Are your COR and BRD helping with Savage?
By NemsEngelchen 2023-04-26 14:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

With the current group of people I play with I think we'd be going run sam cor geo brd sch but wasn't sure if it was feasible to land gravity1 on the salamander without a rdm.

Can land it normally without too much problems on SCH. If u do MB strat, can also just make Gravitaion and burst it.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-04-26 14:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

He means Fragmentation
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2023-04-26 16:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

The clouds are the DPS check. They don't spawn on us until sub 30% and we just power through them 90% of the time.

We use RUN,WAR,RDM,BRD,COR,WHM. Are your COR and BRD helping with Savage?

Before we lost some members we were doing run sam brd sch geo rdm and the sam was just 4stepping fusion/light for everyone else to MB off of while I kept it out of range on run and we never had to deal with bubbles or poison. I thought basement mobs have ws walls and on top of that savage+fudo is distortion so we didnt have rdm or brd meleeing at all. Still fast kills but we don't have the same setup of people anymore so looking into cor/rng strats
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-04-26 21:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

That's certainly not true, when trioing E Salamander clouds pop based on a TP move. Ive seen clouds above 75% hp. He gains higher regen as well as the clouds giving you Choke (? drown?) and M Def down, so you can simply move him out of the cluods once 2 or 3 stack up. Even trio, if you do a multi step it's not difficult to whittle him down in like 5mins, presuming you have enough Acc. Savage > Aeolian > Savage isnt horrible as its an infinite detonation / scission, where the scission is off the savage to do more dmg. This was with BRD COR RDM.

As others have mentioned the biggest thing is to not deal water damage to him, keep poison stacks off as much as possible to prevent getting slammed by the 1 move that boosts from it, and to rotate him around if clouds get unruly.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-09 01:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a super strange request. Looking for input since I can't find an efficient solution myself.

Trying to get 3 friends 20k Gallimaufry to let them progress through TVR missions.
Ideally I'd love to do this in no more than 2 Sortie runs.
The "problem" comes from what they have available.

Player1: PLD, JP capped, bad gear, doesn't swap equip
Player2: DRK, ~1500 JP, bad gear, doesn't swap equip
Player3: Nice player, decent WHM, okaysh BLU and BST
Player4: (me) BRD, SCH, RDM, SMN, GEO, MNK, NIN, PUP, SAM, DNC, BST, RUN, THF, BLU
Player5: (mule), bubble only iGEO, roll only COR (+7)

Mule doesn't need Galli, it's just an option I can access to if need be.
Now to get them >10k per run I would "only" need to kill Dhartok, but I would basically be almost solo, and I don't see myself soloing Dhartok for them (on which job, SCH? Not gonna happen)
So what are my options here?
I think it's gonna take me at least 3 runs if not even 4 to get them >20k Galli, but here I am looking for some approach I might have not considered yet!
[+]
By Veydal1 2023-05-09 02:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Could probably get away with the PLD kite-tanking Dhartok and using SCH + GEO to chip away at it. Or even RDM and alternate magic WS. Should be possible, especially if you get a random 6th to speed it up.
[+]
 Shiva.Liam
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2023-05-09 02:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If your SAM is in good shape It's probably your best bet

(We do EACG + A naaks and all upper floor nms as SAM COR BRD + trusts, but all very well geared, 32k-ish galli)

could one of the pld or drk (or both?) manage a +5 cor?

either way I would say try SAM GEO WHM + either KOH or a brd trust

Bolster from the get go, and yaegesumi at 50%, maybe pld can throw you some defensive aoe buffs to help, but probably better off just being solo dps. getting the E metal might be tough though, if pld can keep hate you could kagero it down without pulling too much enmity.

other options would be same setup, A+C bosses + 4 minis + random chests along the way (6k+), and then just kill as much trash as possible with remaining time. good luck!
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-09 02:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Some good tips there, thanks everyone!

And yeah forgot to mention that I would have to kill Esurient Botulus for E metal. How do you people do it?
I'm too used to my group runs where we just have the COR deal the last killing damage from behind with LS.

Problem is not killing the Botulus of course, more like being sure to kill it from behind fullfilling all the requirements to pop the chest.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2023-05-09 05:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Player1: PLD, JP capped, bad gear, doesn't swap equip
Player3: Nice player, decent WHM, okaysh BLU and BST
Player4: (me) RDM
Player5: (mule), bubble only iGEO

Now to get them >10k per run I would "only" need to kill Dhartok, but I would basically be almost solo, and I don't see myself soloing Dhartok for them (on which job, SCH? Not gonna happen)
So what are my options here?
here I am looking for some approach I might have not considered yet!

PLD RDM GEO WHM the rest doesn't matter - tho a cor and brd would make things faster for sure.

PLD just needs to be good enough to not die right away. Your main source of dmg is RDM wearing croc+daybreak with Aurorastorm and Acumen+Malaise. You're looking at easy 80k Seraphs on everything if your GEO has idris.

Enter, PLD pulls six acuex, Aolian Edge until 20%, then pick them up one by one with nukes. If PLD is puny, send him to pull one acuex at a time while you RLB > Seraph > finish with nuke.
A boss, Fury Frailty entrust Haste, whm does Barwater/Barpoison and Accession+Regen IV - it's not a lot but it helps. Dia3, Savage Blade spam - or even KoR > SB > CDC if you have exca. Empyreal Arrow > SB > CDC will also work if you have decent ranged accuracy to actually hit EA. Will die before entrust wears off. Can have PLD open with Atonement if you don't have Exca or don't want to use it.

Go down to E basement, PLD holds Botulus, RDM from behind spams Seraph Blade, goes down in maybe 6 WS, possibly less. If you're getting resists or the PLD is being clobbered, change indi bubble to Focus or Wilt or Fade - but keep Malaise always up, possible even BoG+EA.
When Botulus dies you should have more than 30min left, possibly up to 40 but not likely.

E boss, PLD engages, Sabo+Gravity2, Distract 3, Stymie Frazzle3, BoG+EA Geo-Malaise (or even Bolster) and Indi-Haste. Oden is awesome food. PLD kites the mob in a circle making sure it stays in the vicinities of bubble, RDM alternates Red Lotus Blade and Seraph Blade. Can nuke Stone V on Scission - both from you and/or from the GEO if he has decent nuke gear, which empy+2 already is.
PLD won't ever be in range of dangerous moves, and won't have any issue holding hate from magic WS even with really crappy gear. Frog might occasionally turn around to you, whack you once, then go back to chase the PLD.
It's a bit of a long fight and you'll probably have to reapply Gravity once or twice. Having a cor to WC your Stymie to reapply Frazzle would be good, but not required as you can just load up Enthunder II to reduce stone resistance and keep RLB > SB > burst on Scission going. Yes, you're going to use an enspell II, incredible! If resists are not an issue, just enstone and enjoy the free increase in DPS. You're looking at 20-30k RLB into 20-30k SB into 20-30k Scissions into 20-30k Stone V, with the occasional resist.
(these are the numbers I see with a +6 Geo mule doing Acumen+Malaise, I'm expecting an Idris geo doing Haste+Malaise to get you the same numbers, or even better because Idris is broken in all the best ways)
You're going to Croc+Daybreak the entire time, so make sure you're applying full power Temper II as you need all tp you can get. Croc+Thibron is probably going to whiff a bit too much. Croc+Demersal is your last resort if you can't TP fast enough but it'll be a long fight because your Seraph Blades will be 30% weaker.
Don't worry about keeping the perpetual SC going, Liquefaction isn't going to do a lot of dmg anyway, so if it happens great, you got 10k bonus dmg, otherwise just make sure you're getting consistent Scissions. If you can pick up a COR, they can do Hot Shot, then Earth Shot right as you Seraph Blade > Stone V for higher TP Seraphs and a good chunk of bonus to Stone burst, but it's not needed.

You'll finish the fight with anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes left, depending how fast you did the Acuex at the start, possibly more if you were really consistent with skillchains. Have fun and fammi sapere come va.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-05-09 08:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You're also looking at ~10k muffins doing basement objectives with Sam without basement boss kills.

Kill all flans in E, kill all pixies in F, empy 5/5 and stare objectives in F/G, A boss, upstairs objectives and 1-3 NMs will be about 8-10k.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2023-05-09 10:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sechs just reach out when you do it, I'll come as the 6th and help get it done.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-05-10 22:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I read the tips for Dhartok and decided to slowly push him down a cliff tonight. Did it with RDM/WHM, SCH/RDM, and a COR/DNC that only did rolls because I can't tank and COR at the same time.

The biggest thing to share was his m.eva was higher than we expected. Once it was dealt with, he was managed.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-05-10 23:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

All the basement bosses have absurd meva/evasion and really force you to buff/debuff to the max to make quick work of them.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-11 02:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Absurd Eva? Uhh... I wouldn't say.
And absurd meva? Neither.
They just seem to resist a couple of debuffs, maybe element related.
Like Frazzle, I can't land Frazzle not even with Elemental Seal, it lands with Stymie of course.

Most other debuffs land pretty easily in a couple of tries honestly.
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2023-05-12 12:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Are people melee burning B/F or D/G?
Can anyone spoon-feed me details about setup/buffs required/ skill chains? Just wondering what to do after aecg+naks, we don't usually have a rdm available but typically ~ run Sam brd cor geo sch
By Taint 2023-05-12 12:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely high acc checks compared to other content.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-05-12 18:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone spoon-feed me details about setup/buffs required/ skill chains? Just wondering what to do after aecg+naks, we don't usually have a rdm available but typically ~ run Sam brd cor geo sch
Forgive me if any of this is inaccurate, it's been a while since I tried this, but here's what I remember:

B/F is really awful for melee burns, particularly in wind mode where it steals buffs. If he's in wind mode your BRD will hate their life. Everyone in range should cancel Protect, much like how a tank cancels Shell in manaburns. Additional useless buffs are really good to have, stuff like Accession Aquaveil or whatever, making it less likely he steals the important buffs. Proccing him is also difficult, I don't think our GEO was successful in doing this when we tried, meaning as the fight goes on he becomes very difficult to damage. Skillchains (especially Light/Fragmentation) are also risky, Darkness should be ok and might help the GEO proc, or just avoid skillchains altogether and pray. I feel like all the TP spam makes him spawn fetters more often than in manaburn setups as well, which forces you to move him a lot. I remember our group began to get the impression that the fetters also buff the boss's stats when he's inside them. For example if he's inside a green fetter, he seemed to gain a massive evasion boost. Keeping him out of fetters was very challenging because every time you move him, as soon as you turn the melees loose he just drops several more. You'd probably want a WHM rather than a SCH for this, but I'd recommend just not bothering.

C/G are much easier. Tank in front with DDs behind should let them avoid the fetters and it pretty much just becomes a DPS check from what I remember. Usual melee buffs, nothing particularly special about it.

D/H we tried a little and it was absolutely awful. He likes to dispel stuff, especially with a bunch of melees spamming TP on him. In theory it should just be a DPS check like C/G but with more annoying moves. In practice, while BGWiki says nothing about fetters, I seem to recall them being a huge problem when we tried this. I might be confusing him with B/F but I distinctly remember this being the fight where we formulated our theory about fetters increasing the boss stats when he's inside them. Fire/water fetters and whatnot were fine, but wind/earth fetters absolutely tanked our DPS until we moved him which ate into that precious 3 minute clock. Again, I might just be having a memory failure on that front, maybe he doesn't do fetters. At any rate, I remember we concluded that H was just impossible with melees and that's when we kinda stopped using melee setups and went fulltime manaburn in Sortie.

Another possibility is you could just add a 2nd set of Naakuals to your run if you aren't doing that already. My manaburn group would do double naaks by having one person go to F to start the timer there while the rest of the group goes to E. Then they find the bitzer in F, get out, and rejoin the main group in E. That way later when you're all done in E, you can go to F and the naakuals will already be up.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2023-05-13 13:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
D/H we tried a little and it was absolutely awful. He likes to dispel stuff, especially with a bunch of melees spamming TP on him. In theory it should just be a DPS check like C/G but with more annoying moves. In practice, while BGWiki says nothing about fetters, I seem to recall them being a huge problem when we tried this. I might be confusing him with B/F but I distinctly remember this being the fight where we formulated our theory about fetters increasing the boss stats when he's inside them. Fire/water fetters and whatnot were fine, but wind/earth fetters absolutely tanked our DPS until we moved him which ate into that precious 3 minute clock. Again, I might just be having a memory failure on that front, maybe he doesn't do fetters. At any rate, I remember we concluded that H was just impossible with melees and that's when we kinda stopped using melee setups and went fulltime manaburn in Sortie.
We kill the H boss with WAR (solo multi-step SC, TP in Subtle Blow set), SMN (Mew spam, can AFAC <30% but I would say it's overkill most of the time), BRD, COR, GEO and WHM or healer trust.

Strangely enough Mewing Lullaby is not nerfed at all on him and since he need to reach 3k TP to do another TP move it's really easy to always keep his TP low.
Songs: HM, Minuet, Madrigal, Thunder Carol, Wind Carol II
Rolls: Sam+Allies (Monk's roll if no SB set)
Bubbles: Fury+Frailty
Perfect Defense works on Vivisection if needed but the fight shouldn't take more than 2 min.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 115 116 117 ... 148 149 150