New Character Development System: Master Level.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New Character Development System: Master Level.
New Character Development System: Master Level.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 19 20 21
By SimonSes 2021-11-18 11:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol maybe they fixed PUP and broke Trusts in the same update, since I feel those +10 combat per ML was meant for Trusts
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-18 12:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually they mention when something boosts trusts, and there was no mention of them in the update (as opposed to how they did mention pets getting a boost from ML).
By SimonSes 2021-11-18 12:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Usually they mention when something boosts trusts, and there was no mention of them in the update (as opposed to how they did mention pets getting a boost from ML).

I understood maint notes from 11th November wrong...
http://www.playonline.com/ff11eu/polnews/news26583.shtml

Quote:
- An alter ego, luopan, or fellow summoned by a player with an increased master level would have its combat skill cap increased.

I thought this was fix and it should be like that, while this was issue they fixed :O

So your test just confirms they fixed it and it's intentional
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-11-18 12:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

In case anyone was wondering Octave Club has not changed with Master level and still seems to be based on your main job level. IE Master level is not treated as job level per say.

ML 12 DRK/BLM No multi Hits
ML 13 MNK/BLM No Multi Hits (If for so reason it does 99+13=112)
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2021-11-18 13:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
In case anyone was wondering Octave Club has not changed with Master level and still seems to be based on your main job level. IE Master level is not treated as job level per say.

ML 12 DRK/BLM No multi Hits
ML 13 MNK/BLM No Multi Hits (If for so reason it does 99+13=112)
at ML13 a lv.121 mob will check at Even match, so kind of makes sense.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-18 14:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Octave Club ignores ilvl, which makes it different from /check, which goes off of ilvl + (Subjob Level)-49. However, EP gain (and maybe exp/cp?) goes off of 99 + (subjob level)-49, and it's possible that Octave Club goes off of that too.

If Octave Club is going to work again in the future, the time to check would be at ML 25-29, since that would be level 99 + 5 subjob levels = 104.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-11-18 16:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Octave Club ignores ilvl, which makes it different from /check, which goes off of ilvl + (Subjob Level)-49. However, EP gain (and maybe exp/cp?) goes off of 99 + (subjob level)-49, and it's possible that Octave Club goes off of that too.

If Octave Club is going to work again in the future, the time to check would be at ML 25-29, since that would be level 99 + 5 subjob levels = 104.
While that formula makes sense for someone with a capped subjob, I strongly suspect that the /check result would remain the same even if you had a lvl 1 subjob. XD
 Bahamut.Balduran
Server: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-11-21 12:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this was posted before. When you want to level sync to lowest ML member in your party you can check their current ML by going to menu > party > list members>'+ key', instead of having to ask each time.

[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-21 12:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You can do that in the /search screen, too; it was mentioned in the patch ntoes.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-21 13:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It would've been so much easier to just make the real levels go to 199 instead of doing it anyway with 99 + M.99

But no.

By the way, we can start bitching about wearing 119 gear while being higher than 119 after next patch. 99+M.40
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-21 13:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

According to /check and EP gain, we actually only go up a "real" level every 5 ML, so we'll actually be 118 if ML eventually gets to 99.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-21 13:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

They were different points.

They should've made the real levels go over 100 since they've now done it anyway. Could've skipped faking 119 for 10 years and made it easier but they insist on doing everything the dumb way.

99+40 will be 139 so 119 gear will be gimp.
(It's a joke, it doesn't require a thesis, go ahead stop foaming)
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-21 13:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

And I was also making a joke (or well, more pointing out something humorous), saying that the "levels" ML gives us will put us exactly 1 below 119.
By SimonSes 2021-11-21 13:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
They were different points.

They should've made the real levels go over 100 since they've now done it anyway. Could've skipped faking 119 for 10 years and made it easier but they insist on doing everything the dumb way.

99+40 will be 139 so 119 gear will be gimp.
(It's a joke, it doesn't require a thesis, go ahead stop foaming)

Recently you keep defending all your posts before you even get response.

What you even mean going over 100 with REAL levels? Like with main job levels? They would need to prepare NEW abilities for that and new job traits. Unless you think it would be cool to level your main to levels above 99 and get nothing new?
With just sub job levels going up, they dont need to add any new abilities, but can still give us a lot. Not sure how you don't see the difference. Also not see how you not seeing how our level will be 118 like Geriond keep telling you, not above 119.
But yeah, I know, you was joking.
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-11-21 14:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

They've decided not to increase the item level for some bizarre reason. It should have happened at several points by now. Especially by now. We're so far beyond the original 119 gear.

Trying to gauge someone's relative power level without interrogating them is god awful at this point... and now you have to see if they're Ml20 and then still ask about their gearsets, since they could have just paid an RMT for all of those gains regardless.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-11-21 14:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Item level is just number, so yeah they could increase it for people without big knowledge about the game to know what technically better. That being said many sets in FFXI still have cons and pros. Not every new set has higher meva or dt or def or something else than some older one. What item level would be Malignance? It has big meva, dex, acc, macc, but no attack, no crit hit etc. Not much HP too. How would you gauge item level, when you can always find some old set having some stats higher? Even amazing sets like Nyame has for example lower acc and dex than some really old sets.

You would have new people confused even more if guides would tell them to wear some old 119ilvl pieces instead of some new 130ilvl pieces. Sets in FFXI are situational. Progression is still mainly horizontal even when some sets are clear winners.
 Odin.Foxmulder
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-11-21 15:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Would definitely guide design and minimums for each ilvl. I don't know what I'd prefer, clear standards or the continued improvement at a gradual pace.
By SimonSes 2021-11-21 15:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Foxmulder said: »
Would definitely guide design and minimums for each ilvl. I don't know what I'd prefer, clear standards or the continued improvement at a gradual pace.

You can't really have minimal stats for sets in FFXI. This game doesn't work like that (even when we clearly see some trends of higher meva or dt and PDL on recent sets) and I hope it will never be.
 Odin.Foxmulder
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-11-21 15:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

They've done it all through the game's history, dude. I don't know what game you're playing.
 Lakshmi.Cesil
Server: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-11-21 21:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
It has been an extremely odd feeling to have party members "gaining levels" during odyssey. Telling someone grats on their level mid Sheol farm is giving me some weird nostalgia trips. lol.

And then suddenly, skillups, etc. <,<;

This, and along with the old school exp PT's I've been making (A PT full of full players, not like a trust here or there) has brought back some nostalgia :*)
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-11-21 22:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

According to /check and EP gain, we actually only go up a "real" level every 5 ML, so we'll actually be 118 if ML eventually gets to 99.
So.... Here's my take. Barely 99 (100 if capped merits), mastered job makes true 119(since that is when you can equip all Su levels) with this extra master levels, is 120 after 5, 121 after 10, etc.

So.... That's what I would start using as a baseline for <party do you need it?> <Job level?> <What?>

Three stared masterd jobs do come with various job specific traits and extra abilities and spells. These last levels add a pretty big chunk of over all base stats and combat skills, so that is true basic job level strength, I would call this a legitimate post level 99 level up process. And a barely level 99 job can accrue all 3 at once (merits, JP, and ML)

And all of this is before further equipment boosts.

It's possible also that the later span of MLs could add more job specific JA's or traits.... Who knows?
By Gambits 2021-11-21 22:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Odin.Foxmulder said: »

You can't really have minimal stats for sets in FFXI. This game doesn't work like that (even when we clearly see some trends of higher meva or dt and PDL on recent sets) and I hope it will never be.
..But it worked like that up to ilvl 119, then they stopped it for some reason, that was the main point of the system in the first place! it's quite obvious that we continued to get higher ilvl gear throughout, clear example of this is job specific gear, you start at ilvl 109 then upgrade it to 119, then further upgrades beyond ilvl 119 (something like +2/ilvl 140, +3/ilvl 150).

You are confused by the "item stats distribution" of newer gear, but ilvl usually refers to "item stats budget", this is how gear in MMOs are designed (believe it or not, even this game from the beginning used item ilvl system to design its gear, e.g. Salvage gear was ilvl 80), stats distribution could differ widely between equipment but the stats budget i.e ilvl can remain the same, I don't know why they stopped showing higher ilvls (maybe because some systems are tied to it? like Trusts or BST's pets, and we cant buff BST like that..) it could have helped quite a bit IMO, a new player with starter kit of ilvl 119 acquired 1 piece of Malignance increased his ilvl up to ilvl 126!, this could have been much more informative for players and a far better gouge than REMA/no-REMA BS.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-11-21 22:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wish they made fun ways to play while subbing pet jobs that are halfway viable, besides cheesing with mew spam or hate reset.

Those are really the only two reasons to subjob the 5/22 pet jobs we have, and that is kind of a bummer. Hell NIN/WHM with trusts is more worthwhile than subbing /PUP or /BST or /GEO

Fun thought, NIN/DRG that can actually call wyvern.

Cast any tier utsu, and the wyvern casts ichi if recast is available, cast elemental wheel wyvern uses same breath for possible double MB, wyvern has 25% chance to recast debuffs, if resisted. ***like that.

NIN/BST only has one "call beast pet" summons a doberman pincer, or a frog, with certain complimentary traits abilities.

NIN/PUP some similarities to the NIN/DRG idea above, or the automaton is locked to a special type that is specific to the main job etc.

Sorry for using ninja as an example, just my main favorite, but I think maybe I got my idea across.

I think it would be very fun to utilize pet jobs as subjobs more.

Couldn't imagine what NIN/GEO or NIN/SMN could be, ha, but I am sure some clever things could be done if the developers put some thought, effort and creativity into it.

Ok I'll drop this subject now.
By Draylo 2021-11-21 22:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Um no, just play a pet job
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-11-21 23:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Um no, just play a pet job
Umm, no, this line of thought could go even further down the rabbit hole, /cor is a crap sub also, /pld nope, /brd? Mazurka for running I guess, /mnk? No, /drk? Not much... /rng.. again not much, etc etc.

Whole point of even having a subjob system is for the variety of it, half the jobs are unsubbable, or very niche. Which sucks.

Cor, brd, geo, smn (cheese), DRG (cheese), mnk, rng (cor/rng onry if at all), BST, pld, pup, drk, blm (sorta for dark sleeps) that's half of jobs in-game, that are damn near never used as a sub.

The subjobs most often used, sch, war, NIN, rdm, Sam, Blu, run, THF (the solo farm only), aaaaand? I can't think of others, I will concede drk is subbed for WAR and SAM, sometimes.

provemewrong.meme or at least add to this derail, for the sake of not being afraid of good conversation. lastsamuraikenwatanabe.meme.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-11-21 23:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Drk and Blm I am sure I am downplaying how much usefulness as a sub they do provide, but the rest? There's not much to counter about.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-11-21 23:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If anything, maybe people will counter argue with their personal favorite oddball subjobs that they like to mess with for their favorite main job. And we will all learn something new and interesting about a job combo.

Point still stands, there is very little to incentivize subbing pet jobs, which is just kinda bland imho.
By Gambits 2021-11-21 23:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If they didn't add new abilities/traits then this is IMO not as good as merit and job point systems in a sense that they could have easily gave Curaga 3 to SCH and RDM or Foil to Paladin or a strong enmity-reset skill to DDs etc.. They didn't have to design an elaborate system from the ground up just for that.. JP not only had "increase basic parameters" but also altered some jobs in a unique way, I hope ML isn't just for Sub job levels (or it should have been called master sub level?...), I bet there will be ML specific gear in the future (new gear and/or empyrean gear requirement?).
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-11-21 23:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cor main add a 3rd roll, the 3rd roll is alliance wide, cor sub add a second roll.

Brd main 2nd song goes alliance wide. Brd sub, enable 2nd song.

PLD sub.... Hard to suggest a perk.

Geo sub, allow for loupon to be cast (obviously much weaker due to lack of gear and traits the main has)

DRG BST PUP sub, suggested above.

SMN sub, half nerf mew, but idk something added. Again hard to suggest.

Rng sub, add viable ranged weapons and ammo for other jobs to equip. War specifically add a ranged WS for tomohawks, ranged WS specific to shurikens or boomerangs, drg, a WS for the little spear things. etc.

Mnk, add kicks to all melee type weapons, not just H2H.

Drk and BLM, again wide open to ideas, but these two are still sitting on the fence, so maybe fine as is.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-11-21 23:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's dumb that stances aren't allowed to be utilized on subjobs also. The basic JAs aren't very ground breaking with out the JSE specific gear bonuses the main jobs have.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 19 20 21