New Character Development System: Master Level.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New Character Development System: Master Level.
New Character Development System: Master Level.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 19 20 21
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-16 14:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

RUNs already do that; we're talking abiut RDM/RUN when (if) our subs get high enough to sub Embolden.

RUN benefits from Phalanx II because RDMs can push duration much higher, letting you have stronger Phalanx all the time.
[+]
By Katyl 2021-11-16 14:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

A massively extended duration with the benefit of RDM Enh Skill Potency (which will also increase with ML scaling) combined with the maximum value of the player's Phalanx received. I find the extended duration alone is massive value whether or not one chose to Embolden it,

I keep a Phalanx received toggle on a keybinded swap for any job that can use my Phalanx + gear personally but an equipset would work just as well. If one chooses to use react for content it can even swap automatically when it's casted on you.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-16 15:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phalanx caps at 500 skill, so RDMs capped on it long ago even with max duration gear on.
[+]
By Torzak 2021-11-16 15:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ymora said: »
It's going to be a huge pain in the *** to line up your Phalanx+ gear on RUN with a RDM casting Phalanx II on you.

No, it's actually quite easy for most content. For Ambuscade I regularly ask PLD if they want to let me know when their phalanx gears are on and they are happy to have the increased duration that likely lasts beyond what the Ambu takes to complete. After the initial conversation about it I usually get a courtesy tell "ready for phalanx" on subsequent runs or they just equip it as soon a s we enter and we don't even need to discuss it further. I've also had RUN asking to do just this with embolden.
[+]
By Nariont 2021-11-16 15:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What benefit do you get from that situation?

Getting hit for 0 a lot more often, all it takes is a toggle and a little bit of communication with your rdm for a near or even full time double emboldened phalanx II
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-16 16:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I had to manually equip my Phalanx+ set for that. Does anybody have a reliable Lua code that intercepts Phalanx II being cast on yourself and automatically switches to your phalanx midcast gear?
I doubt it, with the online lag we experience in some content.

Btw as far as potency is concerned, with the next patch we should be able to easily reach 500 phalanx skill with literally zero sacrifice and all phalanx+ gear (can already do that tbf but it will be easier once Mastery is furtherly uncapped).
Problem is our own emboldened Phalanx lasts like what, 2 minutes? Whereas a Phalanx2 from a RDM can be fulltimed with Embolden, as long as you don't get dispelled.
It's awesome but the sad part is that you need the RDM in your own pt alas. Doesn't work alliance-wide, stupid SE ;_;
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-11-16 16:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It's going to be a huge pain in the *** to line up your Phalanx+ gear on RUN with a RDM casting Phalanx II on you. What benefit do you get from that situation?

My RUN tells me when he's ready for Phalanx, and I phalanx him. It's really not rocket science. The benefit is he gets an 11 minute Embolden'd Phalanx with all his +phalanx gear on.

You also don't really need React if you want to go the automatic route. Plenty of gearswaps have the logic for Phalanx_Recieved sets, and if they don't it's not hard to steal the logic from one that does.

Edit: As for Temper II, it sounds like a terrible trade to me if you're doing anything other than never weaponskilling. Your WS frequency will be lower, your magic weaponskills will be gimped by the lack of an off-hand with +magic damage (and the lack of Daybreak) or your physical weaponskills will be gimped by the lack of Thibron (or your choice of CDC off-hand), and I'm willing to bet the total number of attacks per round isn't much different between DW regular Temper II and single-wield Embolden Temper I.
[+]
By Crossbones 2021-11-16 16:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It also works with a sch that uses accession. Should still be able to full-time emboldened phalanx. I don't use a react or lua for it I just equip my phalanx set through a boring old macro. Emboldened protect is also really nice. Haven't checked but I would imagine you could also full time embolden haste from a rdm for capped magic haste.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2021-11-16 23:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Embolden Phalanx is something I ask all RUN I do Segment Farms with to work with me on.

Embolden + Perpetuance + Accession Phalanx is seriously powerful and makes a major difference, especially on higher floors when paired with Knight's Minne V.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-11-17 05:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So on a semi-odd observation:

(I don't know if this has been posted already) but despite gaining Mastery Levels in Odyssey Sheol C Segment farming last night with my group, I never saw a single skill-up in my log.

I can go out and gain skill-ups on Uragnites outside Adoulin despite being well over their level but for some reason not during Segment farming.

Two Moglophones back-to-back, so this was a solid hour against supposedly lvl 136(?) mobs but no skill-ups to be found.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-17 06:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Were your skills auto-capped due to other jobs with higher caps?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-11-17 06:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Were your skills auto-capped due to other jobs with higher caps?

Nope, I was on DRK and went from ML11 to ML13 (one level per phone) and was using my Caladbolg. My GS skill was still at the ML11 cap after my group finished both runs.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-11-17 06:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen shield and sword skillup during C runs on PLD.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-11-17 06:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wotasu said: »

What Mastery Level were you though?

Not that I don't believe you here,but going an entire hour without seeing a single skill-up is suspicious.
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-11-17 07:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Asura.Wotasu said: »

What Mastery Level were you though?

Not that I don't believe you here,but going an entire hour without seeing a single skill-up is suspicious.
I'm ML15 on Pld.
Code
Blocked! [2] [Nostos?Apkallu] 0 hit ¨ Wotasu
21:22:40Wotasu's shield skill rises 0.3 points.
21:22:40Wotasu's shield skill reaches level 438.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-11-17 07:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

That's far below the ML11 cap, so it's possible that they cap somewhere between ML2(?) and 11.
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-11-17 07:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

438 is 14 skill above 424 which is the 99 cap which would be ML14 skill cap right?
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-11-17 07:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Derp, you're right. For some reason I was thinking of the post-master caps, but those don't show on skillups.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-11-17 07:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
That's far below the ML11 cap, so it's possible that they cap somewhere between ML2(?) and 11.

Hmmm. Odd. Checked and DRK GS skill (A) @ 99 is 417. Add 11 levels and that brings it 428 before merits. Hmmm.

Well either this was an extremely bad roll on skill-ups or something is up.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-11-17 12:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It has been an extremely odd feeling to have party members "gaining levels" during odyssey. Telling someone grats on their level mid Sheol farm is giving me some weird nostalgia trips. lol.

And then suddenly, skillups, etc. <,<;
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-11-17 13:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm. Odd. Checked and DRK GS skill (A) @ 99 is 417. Add 11 levels and that brings it 428 before merits. Hmmm.

You're profile shows 99 RUN, which has A+ skill, which means that on DRK you shouldn't have seen any skillups at least until ML 8. If you've been play RUN on any ML as well, it may be capped to whatever your RUN level is.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-11-17 17:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »

You're profile shows 99 RUN, which has A+ skill, which means that on DRK you shouldn't have seen any skillups at least until ML 8. If you've been play RUN on any ML as well, it may be capped to whatever your RUN level is.

Haven't spent any time on RUN so nope. :/
By SimonSes 2021-11-18 02:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

And like I thought, they 'fixed' PUP.

+1 combat skill per ML now and Automaton need to skill up it too. RIP

This also probably means that Trusts get +10 combat skill per ML lvl and it was applying to Automatons.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-18 02:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Told ya. Again it wouldn't have been that OP, and if anything this tells us how much PUP is in a bad situation atm.
Hopefully something more specific will happen in the future with job specific adjustments.

I wouldn't hold my breath though, I think they went for very cheap solutions over the last years when it comes to pet jobs that only put a bandaid on the bleeding without really willing to resolve the source of the bleeding.

Shame, but then again what can we do about it? Nothing.
[+]
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2021-11-18 03:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Mlvl 20 Puppet lost about 248 atk/ratk 160 acc/racc. Lost about 2.5k dmg on armorshatterer and about 8k dmg on arcuballista weaponskills with the maintenance :(.

The mastery system was biased towards non pet jobs to begin with since they get new job abilties and traits that boost them. None of the increased sub job abilties and traits will boost pets.

The inflated stats from mlvls that BST, SMN, PUP pet damage was sorely needed since their pet dmg is still not viable in the top content odyssey v15 even at mlvl 20.
By SimonSes 2021-11-18 03:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bixbite said: »
Mlvl 20 Puppet lost about 248 atk/ratk 160 acc/racc. Lost about 2.5k dmg on armorshatterer and about 8k dmg on arcuballista weaponskills with the maintenance :(.

I was expecting this, at least I made ML20 before nerf XD Too bad I need to skill up combat skills with capped ML now...

Good thing is that Automaton now gets +1 STR/VIT/DEX/AGI/MND/INT/CHR per ML level, which I think wasnt the case before? +99 to those at ML99 will for sure boost WSs substantially.
By ksoze 2021-11-18 04:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

*angry fist*
By Mattelot 2021-11-18 06:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Asura.Bixbite said: »

I was expecting this, at least I made ML20 before nerf XD Too bad I need to skill up combat skills with capped ML now...

Good thing is that Automaton now gets +1 STR/VIT/DEX/AGI/MND/INT/CHR per ML level, which I think wasnt the case before? +99 to those at ML99 will for sure boost WSs substantially.

It's impressive what an automaton can solo during Overdrive now. Can't wait to see what he can later.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-18 10:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So if anyone was curious, Master Levels do absolutely nothing for trusts. I compared using an ML20 job and an M0 job on:

Trust attributes, using Leonoyne nuke damage.

Trust combat skills, by parsing Naji's accuracy (~1000 samples at each master level, all on the same mob with the same level, with no adjustments to accuracy/evasion).

Trust magic skills, using Ulmia's uncapped Victory March.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 19 20 21