First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 18 19 20
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-10 20:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
if anything, SE just removed one activity from players schedule/routine. Be it good or bad, thats for anyone guess.
Couple people said it already, but the silver lining, thank *** for Gain-Money being dead.

Worse than a daily. Can't even count the number of times I straight bailed on anything and everything cause gain-money was about to pop.

My first aeonic when I got back, bailed on the shell event for gain-money. Hilarious. and sad at the same time.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-10 21:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
That would be shooting themselves in the foot.
Which is exactly why its gonna happen lol

Has anyone tried upgrading a UNM drop to +1 and see if the 30k count towards the weekly cap? I know someone tried warp and popping NM, and it didnt.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-06-10 21:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure some stuff will deflate fairly quickly. I know that I wouldn't spend 600M on a k-club right now. But other things might stay at their same price for much longer, like medals maybe. Depends what method of income is used by the people who usually buy the item.
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-06-10 21:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Asura.Tsm said: »
Leviathan.Andret said: »
You guys should start hoarding gil. At least I would. Without spark gils coming in like flood, gil will deflate...

That 3mil mars orb isn't going to be 3mil. It would be 2mil.

It would be interesting to see how long before the deflation period kicks in. I know people have a lot of mules at cap gil. Perhaps they would start spending those.
I implied as much on a previous page and was called dumb by the ffxiah class clowns :(

spending 10m for jp or ambuscade, 50m for dynamis 200m for aeonic would be a very poor choice right now. wait a week it'll be half price

You don't understand how an economy works then. And you don't realize how many billions trillions of gil is flooded on this game already. It could take several years to actually notice the price of stuff dropping to a significant degree.

we'll see how this comment ages
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-10 21:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I think ultra rare items, like K-Club will hold their value for a long time. Common drop stuff may deflate a little quicker. But, the amount of stashed Gil atm is probably insane. That Gil is going to recirculate many times over before it finally hits Gil sinks. It will take a very long time to soak up the Gil.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-10 21:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct me if im wrong but this game always had a strong source of cash "out of thin air"? Before spark introduction there was the fishing, was there anything else in between those two events?
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-10 21:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Correct me if im wrong but this game always had a strong source of cash "out of thin air"? Before spark introduction there was the fishing, was there anything else in between those two events?
All of the Gil in circulation was generated via NPCs, all of it. That's how the initial Gil started circulating to begin with. Even direct Gil drops from monsters/missions, all NPC generated.
By Quizzy 2020-06-10 21:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Northern Fur from Qufim Gigas!
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2020-06-10 21:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Deflation is going to set in soon because everyone is going to think they're poor, even when they're actually capped on multiple characters still.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-06-10 21:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Every gain xp and new rema will drop the price of gil... eventually it will even out...
By Quizzy 2020-06-10 21:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Every gain xp and new rema will drop the price of gil... eventually it will even out...

How will REMA drop the price of gil?
By Pantafernando 2020-06-10 21:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

more people trying to merc, and less people with cash for new aeonic.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-10 21:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

IF people actually start to farm dyna div and drop prices of relics overall, i will admit spark/accolade change was a good change.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-10 21:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Except that Gil isn't being consumed by the server. So no, REMA do nothing to suck Gil out of the economy, it just trades hands, but still exists.... How many times does that have to be pointed out?
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 21:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Except that Gil isn't being consumed by the server. So no, REMA do nothing to suck Gil out of the economy, it just trades hands, but still exists.... How many times does that have to be pointed out?

This is current discussion for anything that requires the use of guild mats.

Do prices go up? Do the stay the same?
By Pantafernando 2020-06-10 21:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

any item has a cost obviously none is selling it below its costs. NPC mats while expensive are just a fraction of the prices. The majority cost comes from dyna mats so they will dictate if price will go down or up, depending on availability.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-10 21:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

In theory after X amount of time, things should drop in price, that theory relies on if the 'tap' has actually been turned off, but it hasn't, the people capable of abusing it in the past, will keep abusing it.

Relative value is a thing. It will cost people just as much time, as it would in the past, just a different exchange rate.
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-06-10 21:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

In theory after X amount of time, things should drop in price, that theory relies on if the 'tap' has actually been turned off, but it hasn't, the people capable of abusing it in the past, will keep abusing it.

Relative value is a thing. It will cost people just as much time, as it would in the past, just a different exchange rate.
what is your equation for determining that it will cost people just as much time?
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-10 21:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

what is your equation for determining that it will cost people just as much time?
You would need to have a basic understanding of deflation/inflation to understand it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-10 21:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You would need to have a basic understanding of deflation/inflation to understand it.
Good luck with that one, guy expected everything to immediately tank in price
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-10 22:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

This does suck for some of us who like to use our accolades on SP keys, especially during UNM double point campaign. This was a huge nerf to that.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-10 22:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

"Forces" you to do unm battles and removes the lottory gobbie box creating gil out of thin air with dienamis drops and orph belts.

had to be done.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-10 22:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

They put it there in the first place. Things like Aman trove + campaign, sp, anv keys etc are by design. Game rewards you randomly for no reason other than luck. You can close the gil loophole without interfering with the SP keys,

I haven't actually tried buying keys yet (I will soon). Not sure it counts towards the cap actually. If it doesn't, my bad
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-10 22:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Keys are an exchange, they're in the cap
By Quizzy 2020-06-10 22:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there anywhere that tracks AH prices over long periods? I would assume this website does do that, but I don't know if there is a way to see the numbers. Say, look at October 13th, 2012 or something random.

I kind of want to track it, and this seems like a really good time to start.

Material - Cost/unit (AH qty.)
Riftcinder - 950k/99 (499)
Riftdross - 470K/99 (357)
Pluton - 400k/99 (171)
Beitetsu - 1,000k/99 (209)
Riftborn Bolder - 600k/99 (183)
Heavy Metal Plates - 8,000k/99 (128)
High Purity Bayld - 910k/99 (106)
Alexandrite - 850k/99 (278)
M. Silver - 480k/ea. (118)
L-N Jadeshell - 450k/ea. (104)
100 Byne Bill - 470k/ea. (103)

It would be fun to track it like the stock market...

(I need to geek out about something)
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-10 22:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

What would be good data to know is, how much Gil is on the books right now. Factor in how much an alliance of bots could generate over a week maybe, prenerf.

There should be some ratios you could work out with those numbers compared to current prices. Could maybe get a gauge of how much Gil sinks were pulling out also.

Then try to estimate how much an alliance of bots can generate now. May give you an idea of what the new cost of things may settle out to.

I would out of curiosity like to know how much total Gil is out there. Might also be able to figure out the rate of deflation.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-06-10 23:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

kreek said: »
There are 100s of billions out there. Wouldn't be too surprised if there were >1,000 chars with capped gil out there.

Can I have some of that gil? I'm no where near capped!
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-06-10 23:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I think deflation will kick in faster than people think. The key is in "gil in circulation" rather than "total gil exist".

Without massive influx of gil into circulation, people will quickly run out of free gil from NPC. They will have to farm, craft and sell stuff to make gil.

So you have the same amount of gil (assuming people aren't throwing gil at AH fees and treasure trove) but a lot more goods for sale (more farming = more stuff).

The number of buyers would shrink as only people who have gil (from storage mules and such) or can make gil not from sparks will have enough money to continue their level of consumption. Everyone else who rely on sparks are going to have to look for a new job and flood the market with stuff. People who don't wouldn't just open their storage and blow everything on the AH.

There would be a lot of people trying to undercut each other. Putting severe pressure on price.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-06-10 23:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
Deflation is going to set in soon because everyone is going to think they're poor, even when they're actually capped on multiple characters still.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. That is why I think crafting materials will hold their value a little better than dropped items, since crafters' income doesn't come from sparks. And merc'ed gear will drop even more because the people who pay for mercs get their gil almost 100% from sparks.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 18 19 20