First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 18 19 20
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-10 19:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
So have the Sandy riots started yet?

Just some disturbance at the Southern Sandy Hook Elementary School....no reports yet, I'm sure its nothing.
 Sylph.Cossack
Server: Sylph
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2020-06-10 19:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Imagine being a new player, everyones doing OU and Dyna-D, and you're stuck farming Skirmish cause you gotta catch up through progression. Except since skirmish pops are no longer farmed, they have to farm the pops on their own.

two years later, they've maybe caught up.

I'd just like to interject that maybe people shouldn't be starting this game anymore and let it die. That's just a hot take not a argument starter.
I dont disagree, other than the "let it die". I cant imagine that there are that many new players to XI.
I get about 4-5 new/ returning players a week. Some stay more than a month, some don't. I walk all of them through ambuscade to get basic non-sparks gear. Having said that, I don't know what to tell them to do now that will earn them enough gil to buy even nq gear. Even with sparks, it took a few months to buy nq gear for pld, even longer to regear rdm and my dd jobs.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-10 19:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tsm said: »
It's not like they took away gil. Why would you think everything would immediately be a fire sale.
i realize most of the playerbase is like yourself, just largely unintelligent. if you're paying what you paid prior to the sparks nerf for something you're making a mistake. it's a market concept called supply and demand. clearly the people yelling must be getting some takers (probably the above mentioned morons)
So on top of having no understanding how market shifts work, you decide to launch personal attacks at those who do understand.

SE didnt remove any gil from the game. They didnt drop the last digit on every characters gil count. All the gil in the game is still there. Everything still has its same relative value.

No need to get in a tizzy because all the stuff you wanted to buy two weeks ago didnt immediately drop in price post-patch.
By Jetackuu 2020-06-10 19:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Jetackuu said: »
That was a much bigger nerf than hoping but not surprising, think they should have limited it by the day but het.

Im actually very excited about this. I'm on fenrir. Perhaps the auction house will actually have materials on it now.
lol, you're funny
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-06-10 19:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not like they took away gil. Why would you think everything would immediately be a fire sale.
i realize most of the playerbase is like yourself, just largely unintelligent. if you're paying what you paid prior to the sparks nerf for something you're making a mistake. it's a market concept called supply and demand. clearly the people yelling must be getting some takers (probably the above mentioned morons)
So on top of having no understanding how market shifts work, you decide to launch personal attacks at those who do understand.

SE didnt remove any gil from the game. They didnt drop the last digit on every characters gil count. All the gil in the game is still there. Everything still has its same relative value.

No need to get in a tizzy because all the stuff you wanted to buy two weeks ago didnt immediately drop in price post-patch.

I think he is trying to say that people were overpaying before, not because they had more gils, but they had on back of their head, that they will be able to easily restock during gain exp. Now even that no gil were taken, people will start to pay less and think about every gil they plan to spend.

That being said he is *** rude and deserve only to be ignored.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-06-10 19:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

All and all... crafters and people with capped gil literally have the economy by the balls...
By Afania 2020-06-10 19:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
Name one MMO where you should completely ignore progression and jump into top tier endgame one or two weeks after starting the game. Gear aside, new players won't even have the necessary skills to deal with that content.

Even with unnerfed Sparks/Accos new players have never gone straight for Ou and Dyna-D without significant help.

This...I mean if you start a new character, you gonna finish many missions first before you can even enter omen/dyna D/SR etc. And that's already gonna take a few weeks for most people.

There's 2 mars orbs available to sell per month for 3m each.

2mx4=8m. 3m×2=6m. 6+8=14. That's 14m worth of gil waiting for a new player after they are done with missions and unlock endgame.....without having to do any real endgame content. 14m is quite enough to gear up a job to beginner level if its spent wisely.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-10 19:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

A new character can't get mars orbs (unless a campaign happens to be active)

And I don't know how other people do it, but I sure as hell don't do progression, I go for the best I can get. I didn't buy level 99 h2h to earn points for a 106 h2h to get a kill and get a 113 h2h, max it out with airlixirs to win a brotixur. I just got a brotixur, one step done.

Not going to buy an su1 weapon to use until su2 to use until su3 to use until su4 to use until su5. Just going to skip to the end with money.
 Asura.Vanixim
By Asura.Vanixim 2020-06-10 19:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
All and all... crafters and people with capped gil literally have the economy by the balls...

This is true, only if there is something to buy.

There really is no escaping RMT or an economy controlled by a select few. The best way to escape dependency is to multi-box and to do everything solo or to have a loyal, consistent group (a pipe-dream on Asura, I'm sure).

I understand this is not everyone's cup of tea, but it's the only thing that has worked for me personally over time so will leave that here. YMMV.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-10 19:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I think he is trying to say that people were overpaying before, not because they had more gils, but they had on back of their head, that they will be able to easily restock during gain exp. Now even that no gil were taken, people will start to pay less and think about every gil they plan to spend.

That being said he is *** rude and deserve only to be ignored.
I wouldnt be surprised if there is a large chunk of the playerbase who is oblivious to this new cap.

Hell, someone posted in this very thread, today, post servers coming up, if anyones found out what the new cap is, even though it said what the cap is in the patch notes.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-06-10 19:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

At least a quarter of the players don't read anything outside of the game, including update notes.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-10 19:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Not going to buy an su1 weapon to use until su2 to use until su3 to use until su4 to use until su5. Just going to skip to the end with money.
I dont think you can skip right to Su5, unless you're not planning to wear anything in those slots before hitting 2100 CP.

I do get what you sayin tho.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-10 19:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
At least a quarter of the players don't read anything outside of the game, including update notes.
Man, people dont even read stuff inside the game.

We'd be doing missions, and the cutscene could literally say something like "come meet me at the Marble Eatery in upper jeuno" and people would be like "cutscene done where to next".
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-10 20:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for that message in Japanese SE.
[+]
By Aerix 2020-06-10 20:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

A new character can't get mars orbs (unless a campaign happens to be active)

And I don't know how other people do it, but I sure as hell don't do progression, I go for the best I can get. I didn't buy level 99 h2h to earn points for a 106 h2h to get a kill and get a 113 h2h, max it out with airlixirs to win a brotixur. I just got a brotixur, one step done.

That's not even what progression is like these days.

Get 119 Bayld gear (optional). Do Domain Invasion for a week or two, get a full set of basic 119 gear. Spam lower difficulty Ambu, get +1/+2 gear and start working towards capes, a Kaja weapon and Abdhaljs Matter. Farm Potpourri/Merits/JP, wait 4 months for deeds or get lucky in AMAN for a Pulse. Finish your Ambu weapon.

In the meantime you can get accessories and situational stuff from Geas Fete and other events. At that point you're pretty much good to start working on harder stuff. Very likely much sooner if you find yourself a noob-friendly LS.

None that stuff costs any gil whatsoever and can be done with Trusts.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-06-10 20:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Brah... that sounds fen terrible to tell a new player...
By Aerix 2020-06-10 20:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

What's your alternative?

"Unlock BLU, farm Gain Exp for 12 hours each week and just buy everything from the AH and mercs" doesn't sound any better to me. Not like that's even a possibility at this point.

At least you can spam Ambu and Geas Fete with a group of other new players and have fun together. You know, the thing you're kinda supposed to have while playing online games with others.
[+]
By Meeble 2020-06-10 20:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cossack said: »
I get about 4-5 new/ returning players a week. Some stay more than a month, some don't. I walk all of them through ambuscade to get basic non-sparks gear. Having said that, I don't know what to tell them to do now that will earn them enough gil to buy even nq gear. Even with sparks, it took a few months to buy nq gear for pld, even longer to regear rdm and my dd jobs.

2 days of DI for a decent weapon and 6x V1/VE for 5/5 NQ ambu armor should get most jobs into omen and odyssey farming territory. Probably not full clears or maxed farming potential right away, but even partial clears should be a good gil return for time spent. 12 days of that and you're in 3/5 NQ abjuration gear with a few million extra to spare for accessories.

The biggest roadblock for returnees or new players isn't gear, it's knowledge.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-06-10 20:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys should start hoarding gil. At least I would. Without spark gils coming in like flood, gil will deflate...

That 3mil mars orb isn't going to be 3mil. It would be 2mil.

It would be interesting to see how long before the deflation period kicks in. I know people have a lot of mules at cap gil. Perhaps they would start spending those.
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-06-10 20:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
You guys should start hoarding gil. At least I would. Without spark gils coming in like flood, gil will deflate...

It would be interesting to see how long before the deflation period kicks in. I know people have a lot of mules at cap gil. Perhaps they would start spending those.
I implied as much on a previous page and was called dumb by the ffxiah class clowns :(

spending 10m for jp or ambuscade, 50m for dynamis 200m for aeonic would be a very poor choice right now. wait a week it'll be half price
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-10 20:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Dumb because you think it would happen instantly, not because you think it will happen eventually.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-10 20:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I implied as much on a previous page and was called dumb by the ffxiah class clowns :(

spending 10m for jp or ambuscade, 50m for dynamis 200m for aeonic would be a very poor choice right now. wait a week it'll be half price

You don't understand how an economy works then. And you don't realize how many billions trillions of gil is flooded on this game already. It could take several years to actually notice the price of stuff dropping to a significant degree.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-10 20:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Meeble said: »
The biggest roadblock for returnees or new players isn't gear, it's knowledge.
This combined with hitting your first 99 and completing missions for access. Don't need Gil for either.

That's what I have found after getting a few newer players into my shell. Even trying to get my brother to play, he want to do stuff on his own. He is barely level 30, but he doesn't play often.

I started a character on his account because I am paying the sub, may as well get my money's worth during times he isn't playing. It's about 2 weeks younger than his. I hit the 99 hard and fast, and missions. It is maybe 50 days old at this point, did it's first Ou as a naked as *** COR/RDM (and it didn't die once the whole fight, in a 15 man alliance.)

The biggest benefit a new player can find is a support group. The best move they can make is ignore gear upgrades entirely during their missions stage. Don't be naked, but Sparks gear can get you into full on endgame, if you have a group, which you should have, this isn't a solo game.

Gear progression can be skipped a lot. But that would mean people can't be *** over new players so they can Merc there 1000th kill of the same mob.

This game is meant to played as a group, people are supposed to be helping each other for free. *** greedy Merc *** are the biggest hindrance to new players.

As far as the cap is concerned, it does nothing to slow RMT down. That is the only gripe I have with it. It's going to be years before all the 'normal' Gil people have generated to deflate and be spent up. But.... Deflation will be even slower if not impossible with these instant gratification Dingle berries who can't put down daddies CC. Because the demand is still there, the supplier will be, and the HQ/Merc all the things culture doesn't help slow that down either.

People who *** about kiddies buying Gil or RMTing, but then turn around and charge people to access content and drops have only themselves to blame for the current predicament.

It will be years before prices drop.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-10 20:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Youre being called dumb because you think its a magical switch that would be felt immediately in the economy.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-10 20:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think it will be years for the economy to drop. It all comes down to how SE adds new methods to remove gil from the server.

I expect them to do some overkill ***like "Sheol B, 20 mil entry fee per run"
By Pantafernando 2020-06-10 20:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

ROFL

Reisenjima empty right during gain exp.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-10 20:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, there's no damn point lol. Gain-Money doesn't exist anymore.

(for normies)
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-10 20:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
ROFL

Reisenjima empty right during gain exp.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-06-10 20:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

if anything, SE just removed one activity from players schedule/routine. Be it good or bad, thats for anyone guess.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-10 20:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think it will be years for the economy to drop. It all comes down to how SE adds new methods to remove gil from the server.

I expect them to do some overkill ***like "Sheol B, 20 mil entry fee per run"
That would be shooting themselves in the foot. If they want to deflate quickly, the Gil sink will need to be small fees, but frequently used.

And, as things are leveling out they will need to adjust their Gil sinks accordingly.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 18 19 20