June 2020 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 18 19 20
 Cerberus.Aerandir
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: aerandir
By Cerberus.Aerandir 2020-06-10 23:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Are we still able to do memes or is that window closed?

[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-11 00:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
Deflation is going to set in soon because everyone is going to think they're poor, even when they're actually capped on multiple characters still.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. That is why I think crafting materials will hold their value a little better than dropped items, since crafters' income doesn't come from sparks. And merc'ed gear will drop even more because the people who pay for mercs get their gil almost 100% from sparks.

If that's the case fenrir has been deflated for years.. ain't no one over here rubbin two nickles together!
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-11 00:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Im sure as prices drop, the HQcraft.lua mules will get nervous and start unloading their hidden treasures!

wait for it...
 Leviathan.Angenard
Server: Leviathan
user: Angenard
By Leviathan.Angenard 2020-06-11 00:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Aerandir said: »
Are we still able to do memes or is that window closed?

f
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
Server: Asura
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-06-11 00:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quizzy said: »
Is there anywhere that tracks AH prices over long periods? I would assume this website does do that, but I don't know if there is a way to see the numbers. Say, look at October 13th, 2012 or something random.

I kind of want to track it, and this seems like a really good time to start.

Material - Cost/unit (AH qty.)
Riftcinder - 950k/99 (499)
Riftdross - 470K/99 (357)
Pluton - 400k/99 (171)
Beitetsu - 1,000k/99 (209)
Riftborn Bolder - 600k/99 (183)
Heavy Metal Plates - 8,000k/99 (128)
High Purity Bayld - 910k/99 (106)
Alexandrite - 850k/99 (278)
M. Silver - 480k/ea. (118)
L-N Jadeshell - 450k/ea. (104)
100 Byne Bill - 470k/ea. (103)

It would be fun to track it like the stock market...

(I need to geek out about something)

Should have started this at the beginning of today honestly. HMP stacks and alex stacks for example are already down 100k~ each respectively.

riftcinders down 100k on the day as well. plutons and boulders both being undercut pretty aggressively, stacks are 350k on plutons now.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2020-06-11 00:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
I think deflation will kick in faster than people think. The key is in "gil in circulation" rather than "total gil exist".

Without massive influx of gil into circulation, people will quickly run out of free gil from NPC. They will have to farm, craft and sell stuff to make gil.

So you have the same amount of gil (assuming people aren't throwing gil at AH fees and treasure trove) but a lot more goods for sale (more farming = more stuff).

The number of buyers would shrink as only people who have gil (from storage mules and such) or can make gil not from sparks will have enough money to continue their level of consumption. Everyone else who rely on sparks are going to have to look for a new job and flood the market with stuff. People who don't wouldn't just open their storage and blow everything on the AH.

There would be a lot of people trying to undercut each other. Putting severe pressure on price.

yeah people don't realize this, if everyones paycheck was reduced by 90% tomorrow, how long would it be until people could not afford food? the fact that they have a house and BMW in the garage doesn't mean much when looking at income dispersion. but a bunch of people who didn't even take econ 101
By Quizzy 2020-06-11 00:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

What if you reduced the paycheck of everyone by 90%, but they all have 4 lifetimes worth of money in the bank?

How long would it be until people couldn't purple a hot dog?
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-06-11 01:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Im sure as prices drop, the HQcraft.lua mules will get nervous and start unloading their hidden treasures!

wait for it...
Oh, I am.
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-06-11 01:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

According to Asura shouts: Job Point Bots are charging people 7M now. It was 10M before.

A 30% drop in prices. Maybe the RMT are running out of gil to sell or maybe the deflation effect is kicking in?
 Leviathan.Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-06-11 01:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

What if you reduced the paycheck of everyone by 90%, but they all have 4 lifetimes worth of money in the bank?

How long would it be until people couldn't purple a hot dog?

If everyone had 4 lifetimes worth of money then one last hotdog seller will charge you 1 lifetime worth of money for 1 hotdog. Nobody would care about your "paycheck".

I will charge you 0.5 lifetime worth of money for the bun. I couldn't be bothered to make a bun if it was any less than that.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-06-11 01:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
According to Asura shouts: Job Point Bots are charging people 7M now. It was 10M before.

A 30% drop in prices. Maybe the RMT are running out of gil to sell or maybe the deflation effect is kicking in?
might also be that all the sparks bots need to be repurposed to cp farming bots and now there's way too many of them.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-06-11 01:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Seen shouts on Asura for 500JP for 5-8mil for months now just FYI.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2020-06-11 02:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

5M is usually during a CP campaign, 8-10 is standard. it's been less than 24 hours we'll just see in a week how things are
By Draylo 2020-06-11 03:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The Poroggo Fleece +1 has a green icon, #triggered
By Shichishito 2020-06-11 05:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

i think the following will happen:

• 1. jeremaid

• 2. panic sales, rates plummet and overcorrect

• 3. rate start recovering a bit to counter the overcorrection

• 4. rates gradually decrease till SE introduces sparks/blinkers 3.0

we are currently at stage 2.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-06-11 05:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
i think the following will happen:

• 1. jeremaid

• 2. panic sales, rates plummet and overcorrect

• 3. rate start recovering a bit to counter the overcorrection

• 4. rates gradually decrease till SE introduces sparks/blinkers 3.0

we are currently at stage 2.

I just sold over 8k Beitetsu, so I support the theory for stage 2!
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-06-11 05:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
The Poroggo Fleece +1 has a green icon, #triggered

[+]
 Sylph.Cossack
Server: Sylph
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2020-06-11 05:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of you are bernie supporters and it shows.
By Shichishito 2020-06-11 06:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

you got me, i'm 100% bernie supporter
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-06-11 07:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

[li]4. rates gradually decrease till SE introduces sparks/blinkers 3.0[/li]
[/ul]

This is very likely but given how much gil i think there is some time till its necessary to reinject cash in economy.

Though, its not necessary to create anything. Now SE has full control of gil in game. All it need to do if total drops below a some minimum limit is to open the tap, i.e. multiply the limit (200k week, 300k week, till they match creation->destruction).

That supposing devs know what tf they are doing
By RadialArcana 2020-06-11 07:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The job point bots are starting to fade away, s lot less job point sellers in general and the prices are dropping too. There will always be one or two but I think this is done now. On Asura there were 5-6 running 24/7 not long ago.

The big money maker currently seems to be buying mars orbs, buy orbs for 3-4m a pop and sell the good drops via an alt in yell.
By Shichishito 2020-06-11 07:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

how is that a money maker? its either pure gamble or the mars/venus orbs never had a fair price tag.
By RadialArcana 2020-06-11 07:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

how is that a money maker? its either pure gamble or the mars/venus orbs never had a fair price tag.

Going by the guy who was selling drops yesterday (not even counting all the AH sellable items), who was also buying lots of orbs he made around 300-400m in a day.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-11 07:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The max i would be wiling to pay for an omen body is 150M. And by no means i would sell mine for just 150M.
[+]
 Asura.Vanixim
By Asura.Vanixim 2020-06-11 07:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »

Going by the guy who was selling drops yesterday (not even counting all the AH sellable items), who was also buying lots of orbs he made around 300-400m in a day.

Have to agree with Shich. Huge up and down. If the guy is smart, he'll take gains and duck out. If he's not so smart, he'll think he's Leo in Titanic and end up on a cold, wet plank, sinking to his watery doom. You can make 300-400M, but you can easily lose double that if you don't hit an Omen body or multiple pulse.

Gambling 101: you can never beat the house. Unless you can count cards and have some understanding of Aikido, Brazilian Jiu-Jutsu, Kyokushin karate, and Filipino stick fighting (i.e., was Jason Bourne in another life) to deal with the bouncers that will be throwing you out once they realize what you are doing. Or, you realized what the 'cheat' was that some schmuck talked about half a year or so ago.

If you can make money from it, good on you, but generally, the odds are against you. Happy gambling. :)
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-06-11 08:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vanixim said: »
RadialArcana said: »

Have to agree with Shich. Huge up and down. If the guy is smart, he'll take gains and duck out. If he's not so smart, he'll think he's Leo in Titanic and end up on a cold, wet plank, sinking to his watery doom. You can make 300-400M, but you can easily lose double that if you don't hit an Omen body or multiple pulse.

Gambling 101: you can never beat the house. Unless you can count cards and have some understanding of Aikido, Brazilian Jiu-Jutsu, Kyokushin karate, and Filipino stick fighting (i.e., was Jason Bourne in another life) to deal with the bouncers that will be throwing you out once they realize what you are doing. Or, you realized what the 'cheat' was that some schmuck talked about half a year or so ago.

If you can make money from it, good on you, but generally, the odds are against you. Happy gambling. :)

No joke, selling Mars/Venus orb might be the new way to make gil as a returning player. Selling 2 mars Orbs for 6m is a hell of a lot better time investment than 3hr of spark farming for 4m.
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-06-11 08:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there anywhere that tracks AH prices over long periods? I would assume this website does do that, but I don't know if there is a way to see the numbers. Say, look at October 13th, 2012 or something random.

I kind of want to track it, and this seems like a really good time to start.

Material - Cost/unit (AH qty.)
Riftcinder - 950k/99 (499)
Riftdross - 470K/99 (357)
Pluton - 400k/99 (171)
Beitetsu - 1,000k/99 (209)
Riftborn Bolder - 600k/99 (183)
Heavy Metal Plates - 8,000k/99 (128)
High Purity Bayld - 910k/99 (106)
Alexandrite - 850k/99 (278)
M. Silver - 480k/ea. (118)
L-N Jadeshell - 450k/ea. (104)
100 Byne Bill - 470k/ea. (103)

It would be fun to track it like the stock market...

(I need to geek out about something)

Go for it! I don't believe anyone is keeping records of the rising / Fall of currency prices at this current moment. :p
By Draylo 2020-06-11 09:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone figure out what the new mog enhancement does?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-11 09:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I missed there being a new mog enhancement from the patch notes :-o
How is it called and which furniture does it come from?
 Leviathan.Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-06-11 09:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
[li]4. rates gradually decrease till SE introduces sparks/blinkers 3.0[/li]
[/ul]

This is very likely but given how much gil i think there is some time till its necessary to reinject cash in economy.

Though, its not necessary to create anything. Now SE has full control of gil in game. All it need to do if total drops below a some minimum limit is to open the tap, i.e. multiply the limit (200k week, 300k week, till they match creation->destruction).

That supposing devs know what tf they are doing

If the dev knew what they were doing we wouldn't have to put Sparky down like an animal.

They are like the Federal Reserve running by a drunk monkey with an Epson printer.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 18 19 20