June 2020 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20
By SimonSes 2020-06-15 22:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
SimonSes said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
vanity gear or furniture.

Ironically vanity gear and furniture are mostly only relevant in MMO games lol.

Clearly you have never played Skyrim. I spent hours trying to decorate my house with a fish.

Well they will always be exceptions, but lets be real, vanity items are most relevant in games where other people can see you. Some people spend more time on their look in FFXIV than fighting mobs or crafting. Some people only care about housing in their MMO too. Both of those things are relevant parts of MMO games, so saying its not a game progression is just wrong imo.
By Mattelot 2020-06-16 11:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
SimonSes said: »
vanity gear or furniture.

Ironically vanity gear and furniture are mostly only relevant in MMO games lol.

Clearly you have never played Skyrim. I spent hours trying to decorate my house with a fish.

I platinum'd the game on PS3 and PS4. I 100%'d the game on 360. I never once decorated a house beyond the necessities for progression.
By Zyphira 2020-06-16 20:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It's almost like different people enjoy different things?
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2020-06-16 21:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont tell them.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-06-16 21:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Zyphira said: »

Not a SINGLE person complaining about this is saying that the concept of minigames is bad. We're just saying that's not why we subscribe to FFXI. If we wanted those, we'd play something different.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-06-16 22:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a SINGLE person complaining about this is saying that the concept of minigames is bad. We're just saying that's not why we subscribe to FFXI. If we wanted those, we'd play something different.

If you arent subbed for the small bits of content they do release why are you still subbed? Though its an MMO not everyone is going to enjoy every single bit of content that is released you just have to suck it up.
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-06-18 13:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quizzy said: »
Is there anywhere that tracks AH prices over long periods? I would assume this website does do that, but I don't know if there is a way to see the numbers. Say, look at October 13th, 2012 or something random.

I kind of want to track it, and this seems like a really good time to start.

Material - Cost/unit (AH qty.)
Riftcinder - 950k/99 (499)
Riftdross - 470K/99 (357)
Pluton - 400k/99 (171)
Beitetsu - 1,000k/99 (209)
Riftborn Bolder - 600k/99 (183)
Heavy Metal Plates - 8,000k/99 (128)
High Purity Bayld - 910k/99 (106)
Alexandrite - 850k/99 (278)
M. Silver - 480k/ea. (118)
L-N Jadeshell - 450k/ea. (104)
100 Byne Bill - 470k/ea. (103)
S. Astral Detritus - 34,000k/99 (102)

It would be fun to track it like the stock market...

(I need to geek out about something)

Thought today would be an interesting day to update. There have been significant drops across the board.

Riftcinder - 800k/1 (160)
Riftdross - 400K/1 (94)
Pluton - 300k/99 (172)
Beitetsu - 920k/99 (73)
Riftborn Boulder - 700k/99 (183)
Heavy Metal Plates - 7,900k/99 (80)
High Purity Bayld - 780k/99 (97)
Alexandrite - 820k/99 (167)
M. Silver - 375k/1 (103)
L. Jadeshell - 400k/1 (99)
100 Byne Bill - 370k/1 (83)
S. Astral Detritus - 27,000k/99 (111)
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-06-18 13:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lucky you, our server, things are the same, so people are just not buying.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-18 13:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Though it doesnt makes that much sense as the offer of mats didnt rise. Instead, it dropped. Considering how demand shouldnt change that much so short after spark nerf, maybe someone trying to control market just got hit by ban hammer?
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2020-06-18 13:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Though it doesnt makes that much sense as the offer of mats didnt rise. Instead, it dropped. Considering how demand shouldnt change that much so short after spark nerf, maybe someone trying to control market just got hit by ban hammer?
No.

this is very simple to understand. the average player has far less buying power in terms of gil post-nerf. the average RMT has far less gil in general. this kind of drop is inevitable and the people in this thread who were saying otherwise don't understand economics. we very clearly have a 10-30% drop on all items (sans EXTREMENLY high demand ones like alexandrite) due to this.
By Masunasu 2020-06-18 13:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be willing to bet it's more due to Ambuscade point reset right now, it's only been a week so still plenty of people flooding AH.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2020-06-18 13:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Feel free to check out the price drops on items that are not from ambuscade, crafted items are stagnant or dropping even despite a major exploit being on them for years. S. astral detritus is not from ambuscade and is down a good 30%.

Orpheus sash has dropped from a whopping 250m to 180m.

You do you though
By RadialArcana 2020-06-18 14:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Just...don't do the minigame? I did it for a few days, got bored and stopped doing it. The rewards are "good", they aren't that good.

Asura.Tsm said: »
Pantafernando said: »
No.

this is very simple to understand. the average player has far less buying power in terms of gil post-nerf. the average RMT has far less gil in general. this kind of drop is inevitable and the people in this thread who were saying otherwise don't understand economics. we very clearly have a 10-30% drop on all items (sans EXTREMENLY high demand ones like alexandrite) due to this.

RMT prices are probably rising a lot, so gil buyers are getting shafted.

"free gil" has dried up, and so mentally, people are far less likely to overpay with abandon.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-18 14:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tsm said: »
Thought today would be an interesting day to update. There have been significant drops across the board.
Without sparks to get gil, 80% of Asura doesn't know how to make money. So, they aren't spending it like crazy anymore.
[+]
By Taint 2020-06-18 15:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless the item is for your number one job it’s not worth spending Gil right now. Wait until the market settles.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-18 19:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, it may be a good time to unload as many high value mats that you can right now. If you are positioned well enough in game to produce more. Save Gil. Crafters will eventually adjust, illegitimate ones will be trying to gobble up as many as possible, and try to make a last ditch amount of profit before their accounts get nuked.

New players need to just be sure and unload their points each week, wether buying mats, or NPCables. Pro-tip, omen Mondays rock.

High ticket items like the above guy mentioned should be paused unless you are just gonna die with out it.

Save your Gil!
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-06-18 19:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Spend your gil. I have things on the AH. Please. I beg of you.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-19 01:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Spend your gil. I have things on the AH. Please. I beg of you.
No you! Let's play a game of economy chicken. First one to blow through their Gil loses. I'll bet I lose, don't have much Gil haha.
By Draylo 2020-06-19 01:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow I am seeing huge changes lol. Less people willing to spend Gil and prices dropping fast. SE done it
 Asura.Hotworks
user: arcajeth
By Asura.Hotworks 2020-06-19 01:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Time to unsub until Gil is back to $1/3mil.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-19 01:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Wow I am seeing huge changes lol. Less people willing to spend Gil and prices dropping fast. SE done it[/quo[quote="Draylo" pid=3523790]Wow I am seeing huge changes lol. Less people willing to spend Gil and prices dropping fast. SE done it
Panic selling. We will see what it looks like in 6 months.

The truly frivolous are still around, I.E. Gil buyers.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-19 06:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Not all things are dropping down but, in general, I noticed prices are slowly but steadily going down for a large amount of items.

Supposing this will keep going and it's not just related to "panic selling", I think it will ultimately be a nice thing for the community as a whole.
Inflation was way too wild lately.

I personally don't mind too much the limitations to Sparks and Accolades but I think they should've kept a few things out of the weekly cap.
Just like they did for Unity Warps and Unity Upgrades, they should've done the same for REM tales. I mean you can't sell them, you can't buy them, basically they have no impact at all on the economy, could've left the trading of those outside of the weekly cap.
Granted it's not a huge change either way, but still.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-19 17:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Could have left out etched too. Whats gonna happen? People are gonna flood the streets with Etched Memories? You cant even AH them.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-19 18:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything that gives you a reason to go beyond the cap detracts from the reason for a cap.

The goal is "spend less time farming sparks and more time actually doing content for REM and Etched" It's not solely about endless gil printing, that's just the headline.

To restate though, I don't agree with it, it just is what it is.
Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's important that they leave the cap high enough to obtain MANY REM chapters and UNM items. because, reasons. But it's also completely ineffective if they do that. So, how do you set an effective but fair cap?

Spoiler: you can't.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-06-19 18:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Id get that logic 3 months or maybe year after rem tales were released...

But to blocked that now seems kinda redundant and extreme... sparks gil definitely needed this... but damn they was late
By Pantafernando 2020-06-19 18:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

None mention CP rings?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-19 18:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Well damn, they better put a weekly cap on Forri-Porri as well, wouldnt want people to farm an abundance of plasm and then just turn that plasm into a massive supply of pelts and boles.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-19 19:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Id get that logic 3 months or maybe year after rem tales were released...

But to blocked that now seems kinda redundant and extreme... sparks gil definitely needed this... but damn they was late

Square has shown that it never does anything the "right way" or at the "right time" or with any "correct reasoning".

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Well damn, they better put a weekly cap on Forri-Porri as well, wouldnt want people to farm an abundance of plasm and then just turn that plasm into a massive supply of pelts and boles.

They should. Same with vagary. They're both very clear problems, but the spotlight shown brightest on sparks.

But they're also "different problems" it's ok if its "spamming content"
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-06-19 19:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Alex was 1mil a stack. Now it's going back to 8.5 each. There is a strong downward pressure to keep prices low as demand starting to ease and Gil prices going up.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-06-19 19:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
They should. Same with vagary. They're both very clear problems, but the spotlight shown brightest on sparks.

But they're also "different problems" it's ok if its "spamming content"

I'd wager it was less about "spotlight" and more about when something can be done by a single player without having to team up, the effect it can have on the economy is much larger. Yes, there are multiboxers running things like delve hours upon hours a day. But even still, more players on FFXI are singleboxers than multiboxers.

Sparks was also so offensive in terms of its affect because it generated GIL not ITEMS. When GIL is generated from an NPC, it devalues everyone else's gil, and prices over time rise. When ITEMS are generated by an NPC, that item is paid for by already existing gil. In situations of crafting items, those generated items get used up in recipes, so it doesn't cause as many issues with item or gil value.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20