New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » June 2020 Version Update
June 2020 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 ... 18 19 20
By Shichishito 2020-06-10 06:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

what else can you do with sparks/acc that hasn't been nerfed?
unity pops? gobby keys? rem tale chapters? converting to currencies?
By tyalangan 2020-06-10 06:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fatigue said: »
tyalangan said: »
It seems this decision would hurt Odyssey upgrades. If people use their 99999 Accolades on prize powders and it prevents you from getting more points after the initial 99999 then no one will be selling pops which means you’ll have to farm your own. However, to farm your own set let’s say you want Metamorph ring augmented. It’s 1500 a pop and lets say it takes 12 pops to get the nq ring. That’s 20/99. Since you can’t buy the 50 vines you have to keep farming so let’s say 30 more pops (it will be much higher than this) which is 65/99. Say you don’t get a +1 out of all that that’s another 10/99 so 75/99. Now you need 30000 to augment and can’t. You’d have to wait two weeks to upgrade an odyssey piece..

The frick are they thinking...

I think its just on purchasing items. I imagine you can still earn the currency and spend it on UNMs. You just can't buy Prize powders.

I had to go back and read. I’ve been reading about “cap” so much this week I didn’t read the wordage “exchange limit”.

In this case gain exp may not be dead completely. People will just cap once per session and use the time between to pop high value UNMs for their upgrade mats to keep/sell on AH. This isn’t nearly as terrible as I was thinking.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-10 06:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

In theory, the ONLY thing you can do is pop unm. (and pay for an upgrade)

That's the only option that isn't "exchange"

No keys. No mats. No REM chapters. all capped and shared with the one turn in.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-10 06:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ecks *** Dee

Quote:
NA Asura - Gil $5/million. Includes +2% Extra! All Servers Available
Quote:
Gil – 2$/1 Mil on Asura.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-06-10 06:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glad I have my shield finished. Used to get crafting points with gold targe crafting kits and the targes were bought with sparks :x

I wonder how many other often repeated synths for different crafts use easily purchasable mats from sparks. I mean heck, even people wanting guildpoints might need to hold off on spending sparks just because the guild point item of the day might be something you can either craft with 8 different mats or just buy 7 complete ones from sparks to turn in.

Shame
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-10 06:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Ecks *** Dee

Quote:
NA Asura - Gil $5/million. Includes +2% Extra! All Servers Available
Quote:
Gil – 2$/1 Mil on Asura.

I don't really keep up at all with RMT prices. What is this saying?

Edit: Just PM me on here since I'm guessing you can't openly talk about it without a warning or a nuking. I'm just going to guess that those are new prices that are adjusted to make gil more expensive than it has been due to the new limit though.
By Shichishito 2020-06-10 06:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

avereith has a really good point. maybe add a sparks - currency exchange option for guild points?

if they really wanted to target RMT they would have flailed the banhammer to decimate RMT stocks, offer a discount campain, wait till the majority of RMT bought in again and THEN put a restriction to what ever their main money makers are.

i also kinda like the idea of cap increase via deeds IF SE keeps up a ban rhythm that prevents RMT and excessive botters to reach it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-06-10 06:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's face it. The real winners were the people that sold kraken clubs for 700mil the past month. Better hold on to that! You might need it
 Phoenix.Quilava
Server: Phoenix
user: hellcatt
By Phoenix.Quilava 2020-06-10 06:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

when they say 100k unity is that just talking about trading the points in for items or is that talking about 100k period for the week even to pop nms?
By ksoze 2020-06-10 06:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

*unsubbed* :p

They should add a 0 to both accolades and sparks for weekly

I think the option to cap it to 99.999 was a lazy decision because it doesn't need extra logic to the game.

I totally expected it tho

Capping it at a different number requires to actually write some code which they don't seem to like.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-06-10 06:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Quilava said: »
when they say 100k unity is that just talking about trading the points in for items or is that talking about 100k period for the week even to pop nms?

I'm imaging it is spent, on anything.

"Hey guys, I'm out of accolades, give me a minute to get some more. Oh... right... nvm." *Disband*
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-06-10 06:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't "exchange" accolades to pop NMs, so that should be uncapped. I imagine the 30k to augment with scales is also unaffected.
By ksoze 2020-06-10 06:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
You don't "exchange" accolades to pop NMs, so that should be uncapped. I imagine the 30k to augment with scales is also unaffected.

I hope you are right
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2020-06-10 06:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »

"Hey guys, I'm out of accolades, give me a minute to get some more. Oh... right... nvm." *Disband*

I'm leaning towards it working similarly to how Oboro does Job Point trading where he basically says, "You're done for the week go away." when trying to purchase items.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-10 06:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
It is kind of a stress remover, whenever I saw it I was like dammit its Gain EXP.

I could be less stressed if it was 5 per week lol.

Prepare severe deflation now.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-10 06:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Feels like this is going on longer than their usual hour and a half of downtime. Wonder if they screwed the pooch and have to fix something. Was their estimated down time listed at 2 or 3 hours or something? Sure as ***hope it wasn't six hours or more. >.<

I want to have a day where my cure spells do 99,999 damage!!! I missed that f-up.
By myefe 2020-06-10 06:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

its a 3hr maint.
By Spoiled 2020-06-10 06:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

RMT's have already started mercing Dyna midboss clears, as soon as 1 zone fills they start shouting immediately for the next. They're also trying to jump the price from 3m to 4m.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-06-10 06:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm disappointed about the trust adjustmwnts. I'd been hoping for some logic changes for bard and/or red mage trusts to make them more reliable at buffing, or maybe inproved Nott logic for the white mages, but oh well.
[+]
By myefe 2020-06-10 06:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Working as intended @geriond
 Cerberus.Kaht
Server: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2020-06-10 07:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Feels like this is going on longer than their usual hour and a half of downtime. Wonder if they screwed the pooch and have to fix something. Was their estimated down time listed at 2 or 3 hours or something? Sure as ***hope it wasn't six hours or more. >.<

I want to have a day where my cure spells do 99,999 damage!!! I missed that f-up.

[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-10 07:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

myefe said: »
its a 3hr maint.

I really hope they don't reset our Domain Invasion chain.
By myefe 2020-06-10 07:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

its probably gone! tis sad 100points a day was great while it lasted
By cuddlyhamster 2020-06-10 07:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ringoko said: »
Odin.Senaki said: »

I'm leaning towards it working similarly to how Oboro does Job Point trading where he basically says, "You're done for the week go away." when trying to purchase items.
putting the cap on popping nms would neuter the upcoming accolade campaign and double unity drop campaign
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-10 07:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

For anyone that's curious how this is going to work.

A brand new character can be made in like 7 minutes. use the hp lua to go anywhere at level 1 and start collecting sparks from the bots that are there running ignoring cap.

Turn in cap, delete character, new character, same name, repeat.

Absolutely nothing changes, this whole process will be automated. It won't even cost extra money, the cap is so severe it makes more sense to delete accounts and restart them than to run dozens more.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-06-10 07:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
i also kinda like the idea of cap increase via deeds IF SE keeps up a ban rhythm that prevents RMT and excessive botters to reach it.

This idea is so bad (and normally all your ideas are same low quality junk) that i can actually see it happen.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-06-10 07:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
For anyone that's curious how this is going to work.

A brand new character can be made in like 7 minutes. use the hp lua to go anywhere at level 1 and start collecting sparks from the bots that are there running ignoring cap.

Turn in cap, delete character, new character, same name, repeat.

Absolutely nothing changes, this whole process will be automated. It won't even cost extra money, the cap is so severe it makes more sense to delete accounts and restart them than to run dozens more.
This right here. Idk why people keep saying the gilsellers are hurt by this. ***the ones buying gil are gonna be worse off and the ones who depend on spark to make them money lol.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-06-10 07:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

My worries at this point isnt how much gil i wont be earning but what else will be affected so RMTs can keep creating gil.
By Shichishito 2020-06-10 07:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
This idea is so bad (and normally all your ideas are same low quality junk) that i can actually see it happen.
i sense hard feelings and i'm not sure where they come from. the idea wasn't mine, a player over on the official forum mentioned it. if it was implemented it would need to be a early reward, way befor the WS unlocks or even monbereaux trust, which i'm convinced they wouldn't do.

would you mind elaborating why its bad?
 Phoenix.Damata
Server: Phoenix
user: damata
By Phoenix.Damata 2020-06-10 07:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Pop items are going to skyrocket in price..... great!!!
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 18 19 20