Sylph.Jkun
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2013-05-04 03:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Leviathan.Kincard said: »
+70 stat as in when maneuvers are up, right?

I still don't think that's going to fix the main problem with PUP.

The Rigor Bagnakhs by themselves put PUP ahead of all other one-handers besides MNK

My DNC is crying

Your KKK's tears are mixing with those of your DNC's too, I bet!
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-04 04:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really mostly annoyed that now I have to actually unlock Stringing Pummel in order to use it with the new H2H

=/
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-05-04 04:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

That got a very audible chortle out of me. Sorry :(
[+]
 Sylph.Jkun
user: Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2013-05-04 04:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really mostly annoyed that now I have to actually unlock Stringing Pummel in order to use it with the new H2H

=/

It's like you're almost a real PUP! ;D
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-05-04 04:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

=/
Are you saying you hadn't unlocked it before or have I missed something during my cryogenic stasis?
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-05-04 04:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought you couldn't complete a mythic without having the WS unlocked?
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-05-04 04:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If I'm not mistaken they'll unlock the WS for you while you're fighting Balrahn so you'll still be able to beat him.

I think the weapon itself gives you the weapon skill too, if you don't have it unlocked.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-05-04 04:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I vaguely remember a WHM getting up to balrahn fight and being unable to do it because they never unlocked Mystic boon, was a long time ago.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-04 04:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The "locked" version of the Mythic (no stats) you are given before the Balrahn BCNM does not unlock the WS (and the WS is not initially unlocked in the BCNM)

It unlocks the WS after Balrahn uses the Mythic WS on you for the first time though
By macsdf1 2013-05-04 04:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I passed on them, so I can't SS hehe. I already got the gkt and gaxe so letting others get em first, not being greedy here.

Drops off orobon anyhow if peeps were wondering. Guy said Str dex agi? were +83 with it, with cha int wis +70.

High stats like that would *** with overloading wouldn't they though?
But hey if those high stats let the robot actualy hit stuff sure it would be good.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-04 04:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as you're alternating between more than one type of Maneuver overloading is nearly impossible
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-05-04 04:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Faelar said: »
Ragnarok.Ravant said: »
Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
DEX+10 Attack +25 Acc+25 Critical Hit Rate + 5%
Automaton Haste + 10% All Stats + 10

HOLY.............. o.o

... did you even read the rest of the thread?

What else do you expect from Kuro lol

oops ><

no i didn't rly, didn't had the time, just skim real quick and saw this XD

Oops XD

anyways, still nice.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-04 09:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

herpa

'~'

not sure if this is better or worse than this one

[+]
 Leviathan.Skinnymcgee
By Leviathan.Skinnymcgee 2013-05-04 11:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as you're alternating between more than one type of Maneuver overloading is nearly impossible

Yes, essentially this is true, but burden is generated as a ratio of master:puppet stats ie Str/master:str/pup, the larger the difference the greater the burden. so in theory, beefing up the puppets stats that much(~+70) could actually create the overload problem that does not currently exist. Just playing devils advocate here lol.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-04 11:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't believe it's a ratio?
I'm pretty sure it's just binary: you produce X amount of burden with stat lower than auto, Y amount with higher.

Dark maneuver is calculated weird and generates less burden than any other maneuver.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-04 11:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah - it has nothing to do with the amount of stat - it's just 25% less burden when you have a higher stat than the automaton.
 Leviathan.Skinnymcgee
By Leviathan.Skinnymcgee 2013-05-04 11:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

so is it not 25% more burden when you're below the amount? I could not really find any statistics on that
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-04 11:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

you generate less burden when your stat is higher, and as a result more when your stat is lower.

But it doesn't scale with the difference. The auto can have +1 stat over you or it can have +200 for the same effect.

So as long as you are alternating maneuvers and using all of the threshold increasing gear you shouldn't have anything to worry about and if you are able to overload with dark maneuvers then you arr super talented
 Leviathan.Suljin
user: Suljin175
By Leviathan.Suljin 2013-05-04 12:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are there still not pics of this? :(
[+]
By macsdf1 2013-05-04 12:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cause I'm not a greedy *** and I passed the two we got. You just gotta believe! Not spending 30k on animator either lol. I wait till it drop again.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Lucieus
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falsetto
By Quetzalcoatl.Lucieus 2013-05-04 14:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

macsdf1 said: »
Cause I'm not a greedy *** and I passed the two we got. You just gotta believe! Not spending 30k on animator either lol. I wait till it drop again.

It's 10k
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-05-04 14:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Lucieus said: »

It's 10k

no it isnt

Quetzalcoatl.Lucieus
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falsetto
By Quetzalcoatl.Lucieus 2013-05-04 15:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Lucieus said: »

It's 10k

no it isnt

I've been lied to!!
By macsdf1 2013-05-05 04:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta start saving my points for buying arlixirs and other stuff anyhow. Maybe it will cost 100k corpuscle to upgrade rems who knows right?
Easy kill and drop, so no reason to spend 30k pts, for me at least. Not much pups in the LS so will rot at some point.
 Ragnarok.Zirael
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zirael
By Ragnarok.Zirael 2013-05-05 06:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

you generate less burden when your stat is higher, and as a result more when your stat is lower.

But it doesn't scale with the difference. The auto can have +1 stat over you or it can have +200 for the same effect.

So as long as you are alternating maneuvers and using all of the threshold increasing gear you shouldn't have anything to worry about and if you are able to overload with dark maneuvers then you arr super talented
Can't you swap another animator for maneuver and put back Alternator after maneuver? Or does swapping animators reset your TP?
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-05-05 06:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zirael said: »

Can't you swap another animator for maneuver and put back Alternator after maneuver? Or does swapping animators reset your TP?
It's in the ranged weapon slot so it would *** with TP. Besides, like Sylow said, if you have all your burden- gear and you're not spamming one maneuver over and over again you'll be fine. At least this makes Cooldown feel somewhat more relevant than when it was first released.
 Ragnarok.Zirael
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zirael
By Ragnarok.Zirael 2013-05-05 06:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »

It's in the ranged weapon slot so it would *** with TP. Besides, like Sylow said, if you have all your burden- gear and you're not spamming one maneuver over and over again you'll be fine. At least this makes Cooldown feel somewhat more relevant than when it was first released.
As I recall, you can swap bard instruments without losing TP. Guess I'll have to check for myself (I'm no real PUP tho)
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-05-05 07:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

As I recall, you can swap bard instruments without losing TP. Guess I'll have to check for myself (I'm no real PUP tho)
BRD instruments are also coded differently in that they are equipped in the ranged slot but do not allow the use of ammo with them, where as Animators do. Thus BRD instruments act more as ammo while Animators act like a normal ranged weapon.

Whether that's the real explanation for it or not, it is fact that TP is lost when unequiping or switching animators. I can provide proof if need be but I don't feel it's needed.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-05-05 11:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

BRD instruments are also coded differently in that they are equipped in the ranged slot but do not allow the use of ammo with them, where as Animators do. Thus BRD instruments act more as ammo while Animators act like a normal ranged weapon.

Whether that's the real explanation for it or not, it is fact that TP is lost when unequiping or switching animators. I can provide proof if need be but I don't feel it's needed.

You can swap from ranged to ammo without losing TP I believe (for PUP), but then you lose TP when you swap back to an animator.
 Sylph.Ningyotsukai
user: Chernabog
By Sylph.Ningyotsukai 2013-05-06 17:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone found out if you can augment Alternator yet? And is it the same as other weapon paths, or different?
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18