Alternator
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18
 Cerberus.Balloon
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-20 08:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Did I just read an argument of creationism vs evolution?

The Automaton was created by Altana, could such a graceful creature occur just by chance? I think not!

And have you seen the beauty of Grauberg? Clearly the work of an omnipotent goddess.

Read the Fomor Codex people!

In Alternator related news, it certainly has improved my Lair Reive Soloing. Used to Armor Shatterer for 700 on the stones, now hitting for 1400+.

Did a colonization reive solo in Morimar in 45 minutes, with a lot of messing about on lowbie mobs (I was very bored.) - And it makes Drum Magazine a lot more viable!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Bepe
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2013-05-20 09:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

/humbling walks into the god puppermaster forums...

So with all these new pups upgrades, what is the best pup frame/ sub job combination to farm dynamis now? I really want to use ranger from, but the lack of TH may hurt because i'll have to sub dnc to keep myself alive.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-20 09:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Can use TH sash on pup, less th than that+thf, but at least it's still something.
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-20 09:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Bepe said: »

So with all these new pups upgrades, what is the best pup frame/ sub job combination to farm dynamis now? I really want to use ranger from, but the lack of TH may hurt because i'll have to sub dnc to keep myself alive.

Theoretically, with Auto Repair kit, Automaton Oil +3 and the Improved Eva you should be able to get away with Strobe, Ranger Frame, /thf and solely rely on Role Reversal for healing.

Theoretically.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-20 09:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The only issue with rng in dynamis is that it would just kill to gd fast it did before the update lol now it would basically vaporize ***lol. I can see issues of time to proc before kill now big time...
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-20 10:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »

The only issue with rng in dynamis is that it would just kill to gd fast it did before the update lol now it would basically vaporize ***lol. I can see issues of time to proc before kill now big time...

Inhibitor + 100%+ TP, I think Ranged Attacks proc JA in dynamis? At least that way you could stop it from vaporizing mobs with Weapon skills
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-20 10:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Balloon said: »

Inhibitor + 100%+ TP, I think Ranged Attacks proc JA in dynamis? At least that way you could stop it from vaporizing mobs with Weapon skills

Rng attacks do not proc and if you dont have 100 tp the rng puppet will go at will it's a pain in the *** in my book. I used pup on many farming runs valor now could easily tank the zone I think lol even whm or rdm could and proc. Your procs are barrage turbine, strobe, flash, and disruptor. Forgot shield bash as well valor set to use cannibal blade maybe unkillable lol...
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-05-20 10:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Something I can't seem to find wherever I look, does automaton normal ranged attacks count as weapon skill staggers? Since it ruby's in abyssea.
 Bismarck.Greezy
Server: Bismarck
user: Greezy
By Bismarck.Greezy 2013-05-20 10:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Rng attacks do not proc and if you dont have 100 tp the rng puppet will go at will it's a pain in the *** in my book.

If You Have 100+ tp your rng pup will hold its own tp until you weaponskill.
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-20 10:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Something I can't seem to find wherever I look, does automaton normal ranged attacks count as weapon skill staggers? Since it ruby's in abyssea.

I was always under the impression it did, especially since ranged attacks are calculated more like Weapon skills then they are Ranged attacks (iirc from some conversations I had many moons ago with Theytak), but apparently not.

At any rate, they can't crit like normal ranged attacks, nor can you force crits with Mighty Strikes (Test server) - They are funky.

Also, it's around 80% tp when it'll hold it's TP, but it will unleash it's TP attack if you reach 300% tp (again, iirc).
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-20 10:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-20 10:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Greezy said: »

Rng attacks do not proc and if you dont have 100 tp the rng puppet will go at will it's a pain in the *** in my book.

If You Have 100+ tp your rng pup will hold its own tp until you weaponskill.

I said if you dont have a 100 tp yeesh its rng attacks by it self will rape dynamis mobs. It was pretty easy to hit 2k ws myself in dynamis it was a pain in the *** managing the rng puppet to not kill fast and proc but if you want that be my guest >.>...
 Bismarck.Greezy
By Bismarck.Greezy 2013-05-20 10:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope

i second that. however any job ability ie provoke, barrage, flash, and of course automaton weapon skills can trigger a weaponskill mob.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-20 10:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope

i second that. however any job ability ie provoke, barrage, flash, and of course automaton weapon skills can trigger a weaponskill mob.

In dynamis yes he stated abyssea I am now confused lol...
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-20 10:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeing as how it doesn't work as a JA proc like I thought it did, you'd likely be better suited with the RDM or WHM frame. Inhibitor + Knockout is still a potent combination, and you won't be killing faster than you can proc.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-20 10:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything you ever want to know about pup in dynamis is here: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/28540/pup-in-dynamis-v2/ just with delve gear your on radioactive steroids. Rigors + alternator will feel like god mode....
 Bismarck.Greezy
By Bismarck.Greezy 2013-05-20 10:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope

I'm lost, he referenced abyssea cuz a /ra rubys, i figured he was talking about dyna...
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-20 10:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, if you get a link, your auto can now tank it. DC mobs are easier to tackle because of that.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-20 11:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, if you get a link, your auto can now tank it. DC mobs are easier to tackle because of that.

I should go in with the valor round up a bunch of dc mobs and just watch it do work based on seeing what it can do in morimar tanking multiple dynamis mobs should be a joke. Especially in COP areas man this new gear would have made making my relic so much easier..
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-05-20 13:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope

I'm lost, he referenced abyssea cuz a /ra rubys, i figured he was talking about dyna...

Let me clarify this; I meant do ranged attacks cause Weapon Skill stagger in Dynamis. Which I went ahead and took ranger frame there to DC mobs to cap out ranged attack/farm forgotten hopes. They did not cause a stagger. the whole two hours so yeah. On the plus side at least it's capped now.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-20 13:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope

Let me clarify this; I meant do ranged attacks cause Weapon Skill stagger in Dynamis. Which I went ahead and took ranger frame there to DC mobs to cap out ranged attack/farm forgotten hopes. They did not cause a stagger. the whole two hours so yeah. On the plus side at least it's capped now.

I answered that a long time ago with a simple nope lol. I farmed on pup for many many many hours trying to proc white and I must be the unluckiest mofo in the world ***procced once lol..
 Fenrir.Phatstackodax
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Phatstackodax 2013-05-20 13:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

so with all this testing going on with the alternator, has anyone ever tested vs the deluxe animator or the animator +1? if so could you point me to that thread?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-20 13:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Official info states that Deluxe animator has a hidden effect of auto acc+4 macc +4 in addition to the +6 dex to the master
By Theytak 2013-05-20 17:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Official info states that Deluxe animator has a hidden effect of auto acc+4 macc +4 in addition to the +6 dex to the master
What? from where? Quote? Link? D:
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-20 18:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Theytak said: »

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4047288861/ffojp-22/ref=nosim

It's in that!
By Theytak 2013-05-20 18:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Theytak said: »

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4047288861/ffojp-22/ref=nosim

It's in that!
That's so many different kinds of not fair.
 Asura.Aikchan
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-05-20 19:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
+70 stat as in when maneuvers are up, right?

I still don't think that's going to fix the main problem with PUP.

and the main problem with pup are? Coz before for non KKK's PUP was.. poor damage, now you automaton under unbuffed situation will outdamage you, that you automaton died fast? well even that is not confirmed besides it adds lots of EVA/ACC/MACC/RACC/ATK/MAB, My guess is that It add some MDB too, coz while skilling Archery on my automaton, after I switched to Turbo Animator to low damage of the ranged atks, It was getting more damage from spells... probably will test it after I finish Skilling up.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-20 19:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The Automaton will never outdamage you if you are engaged and hitting the mob

There isn't MDB I don't think you're just seeing the effects of dINT on spell damage
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-05-20 20:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aikchan said: »
Leviathan.Kincard said: »
+70 stat as in when maneuvers are up, right?

I still don't think that's going to fix the main problem with PUP.

and the main problem with pup are? Coz before for non KKK's PUP was.. poor damage, now you automaton under unbuffed situation will outdamage you, that you automaton died fast? well even that is not confirmed besides it adds lots of EVA/ACC/MACC/RACC/ATK/MAB, My guess is that It add some MDB too, coz while skilling Archery on my automaton, after I switched to Turbo Animator to low damage of the ranged atks, It was getting more damage from spells... probably will test it after I finish Skilling up.
If you reread that post he's assuming the +70 is only up when there is a maneuver in effect of the same element.

If that was the case, yes it would not help with one of the main problems of PUP which has always been; if you're using maneuvers to buff your automaton you're gimping your own damage because of JA delay which is a larger hit than your automaton will make up for, especially if you're receiving any kinds of buffs.
 Asura.Aikchan
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-05-20 20:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The Automaton will never outdamage you if you are engaged and hitting the mob

There isn't MDB I don't think you're just seeing the effects of dINT on spell damage

if 70 int = 25-50% less damage taken from a lvl 100-101 worm... cool.. I will "test" it after I cap Archery... since It reset TP switching alternator, is annoying coz the automaton WS kill the worm fast -_-
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18