New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Alternator
Alternator
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-22 08:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Horns of war = Reality check rng puppet with mana jammer II didn't last but a few seconds lol. I was so like this should be a breeze and the puppet got it's *** handed to it...
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-22 09:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

That's funny because Khimaira Prideleader could bareley even hit the puppet!
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-22 09:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »

That's why I was so over confident going in and then the fin meteors started to fall and I was like oh ***...
 Cerberus.Balloon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-22 09:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The Automaton will never outdamage you if you are engaged and hitting the mob

There isn't MDB I don't think you're just seeing the effects of dINT on spell damage

Just to emphasise this, parsed a Delve Farm - I was at 25ish %, Auto was at 9%. It's certainly a step up from the 0.85% of the past, but it should never out-parse you.

Delve is also a bit weird, and not comparable to fights against nms. I managed to always have 2/3 maneuvers up just thanks to the time between pops
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-22 12:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »

That's why I was so over confident going in and then the fin meteors started to fall and I was like oh ***...

Did you try Schurzen!
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-05-22 12:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So with rigors and alternator would it be worth dropping scope while using drum magazine and sticking the eva attachment on?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-05-22 12:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Both Scope and Accelerator are a waste now*. Capped acc/eva all day errday.

*Delve bosses probably being the exception to this.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-22 12:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you try Schurzen!

Nope really didn't think it could touch the puppet but I was certainly proven wrong on that account my buds killed the thing so fast that I only had 3 shots at it pretty much. The horns of war mob still hit all of us pretty hard actually killed a well geared 99 mnk when it got spammy and that 1 big f u before death. Yeah over confidence = lack of preparation = dude where's my puppet??? At least the blu learned thunderbolt....
 Fenrir.Luckycharmss
By Fenrir.Luckycharmss 2013-05-22 12:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So I finally buckled down an got my Alternator.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-22 13:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So has anyone not used the stabilizer II and scope in delve? If so what was the puppets acc?
By Ramza 2013-05-22 13:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So has anyone not used the stabilizer II and scope in delve? If so what was the puppets acc?
I ended up using Soulsoother on one of my last couple plasm farm farming runs, no accuracy attachments and no gear to help his accuracy (except Rigors/Alternator). He had capped accuracy.

So, I'm fairly certain that any of the frames will cap accuracy without any help, for farming at least.
 Asura.Aikchan
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-05-22 13:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

My guess, on "NORMAL" mobs you dont need any +acc, Alternator +acc is a lot, for ex. while was skilling Archery I could Hit Kuftal Worms (lvl 65sh) having just 30 archery skills, just 'coz Alternator.

Now on Evasive Mobs, probably will need those attachments and will have to use Maneuvers, What I havent tried is using the Magazine w/o the scope.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-05-22 13:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So on those Delve farming runs what sets have people been using in the TP/WS phases? Just standard pre-Delve gear or are we talking partially upgraded Delve sets?

I mean it shouldn't be an issue either way with the Rigors/Alternator setup but I'm curious what the 'modern' PUP is using. We're out of the Dark Ages and into the Enlightenment!
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-05-22 13:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I know everybody is all gaga over AS and sharpshot frame, but has anybody tried the crit WS with valoredge and alternator? I don't have alternator yet (/sadface), but I'm working on the plasma.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-05-22 13:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

String Shredder is good, but it still sucks in comparison to Armor Shatterer. Highest i managed to get out of SS was 1700 (only once) with Rigor and Alternator (and pantin cape) on Tax'et. for the most part, they were still only about 900 damage or so, with 2 thunders and a fire up with Coiler, Dynamo, and both Tension Springs with Optic Fibre.
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2013-05-22 13:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
I know everybody is all gaga over AS and sharpshot frame, but has anybody tried the crit WS with valoredge and alternator? I don't have alternator yet (/sadface), but I'm working on the plasma.

Its still fantastic for tanking but it doesn't deal near the damage that sharpshooter does. I love valor edge but it looks like it's all about sharpshooter now for the most part.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-05-22 13:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fair enough guys. I suspected as much, sadly. Looks like Valoredge is still "abyssea only" for DD purposes lol.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-05-22 14:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks to the set Karbuncle posted earlier, and some of the partial upgrades i've done for my Manibozho set, I've managed to rework my TP set so i'm in capped haste while using Cirque Gaunti +2. It was said earlier that while using Rigor, i needed Rajas for the stp+5, and another STP+5 (Asperity Necklace + Steelflash + Bladeborn) in order to beat Cirque Necklace.

My Manibozho Brais aren't quite up to the place where I would like them to be for tp just yet, but I've swapped out Thaumas Nails for the boots due to the higher attack, and added accuracy, as well as the Manibozho Beret.

In Ceizak Battlegrounds Fracture runs, my PUP is running with one of the highest acc percentages in most groups - around 78-79% (which includes the whiffs during dreadful energy procs) for the entire run. I've also got minimal accuracy issues on Delve Field and Fracture NMs, which is nice, even without madrigal and hunter's.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-05-22 14:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
So on those Delve farming runs what sets have people been using in the TP/WS phases? Just standard pre-Delve gear or are we talking partially upgraded Delve sets?

I mean it shouldn't be an issue either way with the Rigors/Alternator setup but I'm curious what the 'modern' PUP is using. We're out of the Dark Ages and into the Enlightenment!
I'm aiming for Sylow's acc set:
ItemSet 296679

Go go double salvage plans!
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-22 14:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

ItemSet 296679

How much better is Manibozho over Cirque? I haven't done the maths on it.. And mine certainly aren't upgraded much.

I use basically that with Rajas, Asperity, Nomnoms and Cirque Legs.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-05-22 14:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't *** around with the spreadsheets lately either :(
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-05-22 15:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It really depends on which path you've decided on, but Manibozho Brais should be a clear winner over Cirque Pantaloni +2 if you're going to melee at all. Attack or Evasion path, you still wind up with Acc+10 in the middle slot.

Chances are though, most people are going the Attack path, which results in a STR+22 DEX+12 Attack+30 Acc+10 Evasion +10 Haste+6%, which should completely blow away the panteloni by leaps and bounds. With an Alternator present, and Rigor Baghnakhs available, there shouldn't be any need for the panteloni anymore.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-22 15:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
It really depends on which path you've decided on, but Manibozho Brais should be a clear winner over Cirque Pantaloni +2 if you're going to melee at all. Attack or Evasion path, you still wind up with Acc+10 in the middle slot.

Chances are though, most people are going the Attack path, which results in a STR+22 DEX+12 Attack+30 Acc+10 Evasion +10 Haste+6%, which should completely blow away the panteloni by leaps and bounds. With an Alternator present, and Rigor Baghnakhs available, there shouldn't be any need for the panteloni anymore.

At rank 2 on the pants I show a 10 dps differential curious how much does the puppet lose in dps from combat skills loss?
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-22 15:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »

Yeah, attack path is what I'm going down, but they're not too high up at the minute
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-05-22 23:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Just hit 30k plasma and the very first thing I just HAD to get was my ALTERNATOR! :D

I think this basically sums up how I felt after hitting the 30k.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dJolYw8tnk
[+]
By pchan 2013-05-24 02:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

ItemSet 296679

acc belt a neck already. You'll be far from capped acc with this. Suggesting tenryu tekko+1 or omodaka gloves to cap the haste.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-24 11:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Above set assumes BRD+COR buffs since not having BRD+COR and needing an accuracy set are virtually mutually excluive.

Versus anything with extreme evasion (raptor eg) you should be eating sushi and murdering the mob's defense with GEO anyway. But the swaps you mention are valid when faced with only 3 songs.
By pchan 2013-05-26 03:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You are far from capping accuracy on any delve NM with the gear you posted. Monk doesn't even cap w/o sushi and GH bard and I'm using anguinus belt plus letalis mantle on the back and honed tathlum and you have 7 less acc on the neck, which ends up being 52 more acc than the gear you posted. Add to this the 20 skill loss, you are 72 acc below cap. Suck less.
 Fenrir.Mesic
user: Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2013-05-26 04:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
You are far from capping accuracy on any delve NM with the gear you posted. Monk doesn't even cap w/o sushi and GH bard and I'm using anguinus belt plus letalis mantle on the back and honed tathlum and you have 7 less acc on the neck, which ends up being 52 more acc than the gear you posted. Add to this the 20 skill loss, you are 72 acc below cap. Suck less.

Why always come off so angry pchan? Feel like people don't appreciate you enough? What psychological hole we feeding here? Or do you just enjoy looking like you have major problems? Or are you silly enough to think it actually comes of as if we're going to be impressed/intimated with your tone and attitude? To me it just looks silly & sad.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18