Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-12-01 10:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
Quote:
85% of the mythic are... useless.... showoff? or more 17/20 are lol... >.>

At 75 that was the case, at 99 most of them are...well, at least usable.

The ones that are actually "good" are WHM SAM DRG SMN BLU PUP...I think.

The ones that are still basically worthless are RDM, SCH, NIN...I guess RNG?
I think the best ones are RNG and DRG, some are either not that game breaking (but still an upgrade?), or completely useless. C:
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-01 10:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

For a lot of the DPS classes the mythics are only better in very specific circumstances (The obvious: AM3), so they're mostly obtained for the shiny factor. SAM and DRG are the only ones I can think of that significantly boost a job's output, and in the former case I think it's been shown a few times that that might only be in theory.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-12-01 10:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

<___________<

No, Gastra is terribad. How would it be good at all?

>___________>
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-12-01 10:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Kincard, to be honest, you can use very shitty, very hypothetical math to show that Alexandrite prices will drop. Let me put together a scenario for you. This is purely hypothetical, and the numbers all fabricated randomly. I'm just using numbers which I deem are "safe to assume" that would happen in a typical day.

Lets assume that in one day, there are about 20 F100 wins on average in a single day. Also that on average, each linen pouch is 77 alexandrite. That's approximately 1,540 alexandrite being added into circulation a day, via NNI.

Lets also assume that there are about 30 unique groups winning Old Salvage a day, and obtaining about 70 alexandrite on average. That's about 2,100 alexandrite being added into circulation a day.

Now finally, lets assume Neo Salvage blows up and becomes the next big thing to do as endgame content. Lets say 60 unique successes are performed in a single day, with each success being about 90 alexandrite a piece. That's 5,400 alexandrite being added into circulation a day.

These numbers, while completely random and factual, aren't far off from what does happen (and what could happen to Neo Salvage). There's no way the alex prices cannot drop, even if characters begin to stockpile alexandrite hordes. What does need to be determined however, is by how much of a drop. And that's determined on how long Neo Salvage will last gear wise, and what the induvidual gear's worth is.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-01 10:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

There seems to be a gap in communication here. I never claimed that neo salvage will not cause an increase in the amount of alexandrite in circulation. My claim was that the increase would be not be large enough to bring alexandrite to the point where it will crash in price significantly, but rather bring it to a point where mythic builders don't have to sit in upper jeuno for hours and hours just browzing bazaars just so they can find the damn things. Even if as in your example, alexandrite supply actually doubled, I don't think the price would budge much at all.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-12-01 11:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno man. The same exact thing was said about relic currency, and look where we are now. It's only determining factor right now hinges on how good salvage gear is, especially in relation to Neo Nyzul Isle Gear and Legion gear. If it crushes both in competition, then Alex prices will definitely crash through the floor.

Never underestimate JP or hardcore NA/EU ambition for gear, lol.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-01 11:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Doubling the supply is probably a gross underestimate.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-01 11:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly even if the gear was mediocre/shitty sidegrades I'm sure people will do it just because it's 6-person content and there's nothing else to do.

Quote:
Dunno man. The same exact thing was said about relic currency, and look where we are now.

Yeah exactly...the prices before and after the dynamis renewal were like exactly the same on my server. >_>
 Sylph.Binckry
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-12-01 11:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
<___________<

No, Gastra is terribad. How would it be good at all?

>___________>
...Woops. I meant SAM and DRG. I juuuust woke up. .______.;
And was reading RNG while typing it, lol :(
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-01 11:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Increased supply of currency also increased demand. There is also no real cap on this demand because you can just work on another relic if you want to, and many people have done this.

There is a limiting factor on this demand for alexandrite, mainly Einherjar.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-12-01 11:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Increased supply of currency also increased demand. There is also no real cap on this demand because you can just work on another relic if you want to, and many people have done this.

There is a limiting factor on this demand for alexandrite, mainly Einherjar.

Which some people have either been doing and gaining points or doing and losing points lately with Odin v2.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-01 11:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you think there's a chance that alex will be needed to upgrade new gear too?
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-01 11:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

There's also the part me that thinks SE knows how hard it is to make a mythic, want to keep it that way, and factored that into their thinking as they designed the salvage renewal. They've changed their mind on it multiple times but it seems they've settled into making Mythics the super-ultra hard dragonforce mode weapon to obtain, next being Relics, then Empyreans. Despite all the ***people say about SE not knowing how their game works, I actually think they do and are actually very smart and knowing exactly how to design it so we keep chasing the carrot.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-01 11:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno, they've acknowledged that alexandrite supply is a problem, thart neo nyzul was only a bandaid and intended to be so, and that they believe it would be addressed with the salvage renewal.
 Sylph.Decimus
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-12-01 11:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

As much as I want to be pessimistic, the change they made to Dynamis really made the possibility of a making relic realistic to a huge percentage of players that would have otherwise never had a real opportunity. I don't expect the same increase in mythic production given the other restraints outside Alex, but I don't think they'll be as few and far between as they are now. Bold prediction I know, but I guess I just don't want to rule out the possibility of a gamebreaking change to Salvage in terms of Alex output.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-01 11:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Tupsimatis will!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-12-01 11:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

idk, check out how much easier the past events made it to complete the Mythic Quest:

Ampuoles - Now people burn Ampuoles on entry items instead of saving them for a Mythic.

Tokens - You might break slightly positive on Tokens doing Neo-NI if you're lucky (or a mage), but it's nothing impressive and you'll be capping out before you get 20k tokens probably.

Alexandrite - One Linen pouch per floor 100 kill. A maximum of 15 floor 100 clears per successful group, 1117.5 Alexandrite per group. Toss in Cottons/singles and 25 groups going 15/15 probably provides enough Alexandrite for one mythic. If there are 50 such groups per server (300 people with capped Neo-NI gear) then it funds 2 mythics, which is approximately correct in my estimation.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-12-01 18:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Byrth and Sylow are both correct. There won't be a super influx of Mythics going around for quite some time, this can be agreed on. HOWEVER the prices will drop due to the massive supply increase-- people simply won't be able to churn out Mythic weapons like they could do Emps and/or Relics due to the events (Einherjar/[Neo] Nyzul Isle), so most will at most limit themselves to 1 or 2 Mythics. Meanwhile, the Alexandrite supply will simply increase and surpass the demand eventually, causing the price to drop in tandem.

If nothing else, this will be a gigantic benefit to people (like me) who were crazy enough to begin a Mythic quest years ago and are now at the finish line.
[+]
 Sylph.Shipp
user: Shipp
By Sylph.Shipp 2012-12-02 16:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ctrl+F "Cait"

Phrase not found.

Kool benes.

I could see the BST JA being semi-useful for trying to solo/duo something which can spam death or something similar, but doubt I'd use it all that much. SMN is pretty nice though, in certain situations.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-12-02 17:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Despite all the ***people say about SE not knowing how their game works, I actually think they do and are actually very smart and knowing exactly how to design it so we keep chasing the carrot.
This is one of the more ignorant statements I've read lately.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-02 17:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you still playing despite constant threats of quitting if they don't do as you demand?

Yes?

That's what I thought.

Are you here to contribute something to the discussion or are you only going to poke your head in every few pages to cherry pick random statements and flamebait people for no reason?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-02 17:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shokox said: »
Byrth and Sylow are both correct. There won't be a super influx of Mythics going around for quite some time, this can be agreed on. HOWEVER the prices will drop due to the massive supply increase-- people simply won't be able to churn out Mythic weapons like they could do Emps and/or Relics due to the events (Einherjar/[Neo] Nyzul Isle), so most will at most limit themselves to 1 or 2 Mythics. Meanwhile, the Alexandrite supply will simply increase and surpass the demand eventually, causing the price to drop in tandem.

If nothing else, this will be a gigantic benefit to people (like me) who were crazy enough to begin a Mythic quest years ago and are now at the finish line.

Unless new salvage gear sucks, in which case, we should all probably just finally give up and quit.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-02 17:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Peldin said: »
Despite all the ***people say about SE not knowing how their game works, I actually think they do and are actually very smart and knowing exactly how to design it so we keep chasing the carrot.
This is one of the more ignorant statements I've read lately.
idiot
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-02 17:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Carbuncle.Shokox said: »

Unless new salvage gear sucks, in which case, we should all probably just finally give up and quit.

I suspect that if they *** up salvage they're basically gonna be sealing their coffin. That's the event that's going to pull people back and keep them there if it's good.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-02 17:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

And I think they know that, lol.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-02 17:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I sure hope so. I don't agree that SE are a bunch of devious masterminds but I don't think they're so stupid as to ignore the fact that Salvage is their most popular event, and the one that most people say "I'm coming back for X" about.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-02 17:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if the new gear sucks (It will, at the very least, have at least 3 or 4 worthwhile pieces, given the starting point they're working with), to me its more important if the event is actually fun like the original salvage was, or if it's just going to be a half-assed expansion like Limbus, where it's basically just two arenas of "kill everything" with a buffed up version of each existing boss.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-02 17:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbh the most annoying thing about it will be waiting a day to do it again. They need to start phasing out those types of restrictions, they're incredibly dated and serve no practical purpose other than to piss people off and bore the *** out of them.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-02 17:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
...I don't agree that SE are a bunch of devious masterminds...
That's exactly what they are.

Their end goal is to give just enough of an upgrade that people "have to have it", then make the average time limit to obtain the new equipment long enough for the average player that the event lasts 50%-250% longer than it should before new content comes out to replace it.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-02 17:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally don't find that as much of a problem anymore because there's like 6 seperate events that have timers like that, so I pretty much always have something to do. I do get wanting to do just one event constantly though.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 23 24 25