By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-12 07:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

10-11-2012 06:16 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Bard Song Adjustments on the Test Server

Good evenin' bards,

We are going to make some adjustments to existing bard songs during this week's Test Server update! Specifically, we will be changing etudes, preludes, Foe Sirvente, and Adventurer’s Dirge from single target to AoE. We will also make their casting duration correspond with other AoE songs by increasing them from 4 seconds to 8 seconds. In addition, the enmity incurred when casting these songs will be increased. We do believe that casting single target songs should be much faster than the AoE versions, so when using Pianissimo, their spell casting times will be halved reducing it to 4 seconds.

On another subject regarding bard, we have received requests to make AoE songs center on the target rather than the caster. Since song effects offer considerable benefits, the risk of getting close to the action is a part of the trade-off.
Subscribe

10-12-2012 04:35 AM
[source]
Gildrein
Community Rep

[dev1138] Bard Job Adjustments

The following bard songs have been changed from affecting a single target party member to affecting all party members in an area of effect centered on the caster, and their casting time has been changed from four to eight seconds.
Enchanting Etude / Spirited Etude / Learned Etude / Quick Etude /
Vivacious Etude / Dextrous Etude / Sinewy Etude / Bewitching Etude /
Logical Etude / Sage Etude / Swift Etude / Vital Etude /
Uncanny Etude / Herculean Etude / Hunter’s Prelude / Archer’s Prelude /
Foe Sirvente / Adventurer’s Dirge
Subscribe

10-16-2012 08:19 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Valefor.Philemon said: »
So that Pianissimo adjustment, will it reduce casting time of all songs or just prelude/etude/sirvente/dirge?

Hello,

Just to clarify, Pianissimo’s effect itself will change, so when you use it, the casting time for all applicable songs will be reduced. This does not apply to only etudes, preludes, Foe Sirvente, and Adventurer’s Dirge mentioned in our most recent test server update.
Subscribe

10-18-2012 01:30 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Sylph.Reain said: »
Pianissimo will still make songs single target. The change is that when you use Pianissimo to make the song single target it will now half the casting time of that single target song.

E.g. If you do AoE march the base casting time is 8 seconds. If you Pianmissimo March one person the base casting time will be 4 seconds.

Correct. This Pianissimo adjustment is going to be implemented in the test server update planned for Oct. 26th. We are also going to lower the level that you obtain Pianissimo from 45 to 20.

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Okipuit,
Would it be possible for the devs to look at removing the weakening over time of the etudes from BRD? That is mainly the reason their simply not ever used. Wouldn't be much of a buff if it goes away rather quickly.

Noted. We'll see if I can get any insight from the development team regarding this mechanic. If we receive an update, we'll be sure to let you know~
Subscribe
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-10-12 07:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, that would explain why pianissimo never wears off when I do etude on corsairs! >_>
I'm a hardcore bard, yo!
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-10-12 07:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

niiiiiice. when i'm casting joke songs before a real event starts at least I can give the whole party prelude and etude.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Taereon
user: Halo4
By Ragnarok.Taereon 2012-10-12 07:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL didn't most of these songs start off AOE?
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-10-12 08:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Since song effects offer considerable benefits, the risk of getting close to the action is a part of the trade-off.

They act like for most activities people don't sing before the fight even starts and hold them on an NPC conversation, along with the rest of their buffs.
 Ragnarok.Garota
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2012-10-12 08:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Taereon said: »
LOL didn't most of these songs start off AOE?

Yes, they did. Then they made them single target, not too long after, they added Pianissimo. Idiots...
 Phoenix.Jingizu
Server: Phoenix
user: Jingizu
By Phoenix.Jingizu 2012-10-12 08:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

No, preludes and etudes were always single target, long before pianissimo, which was nice since the rangers always stood in range of getting ballads out in the woodlands, so, could give him/her hunter's after ballading mages.

I would much rather have been given a job ability that could CONVERT these songs to AOE, in the event you're in a blm party.
[+]
 Bahamut.Vagrua
Server: Bahamut
user: Vagrua
By Bahamut.Vagrua 2012-10-12 08:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
niiiiiice. when i'm casting joke songs before a real event starts at least I can give the whole party prelude and etude.

I wouldn't call them all joke songs. I usually give the COR AGI etudes and the WHM MND etudes since mp is never an issue anymore.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-12 08:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vagrua said: »

I wouldn't call them all joke songs. I usually give the COR AGI etudes and the WHM MND etudes since mp is never an issue anymore.
Please don't give me ballads... please...

is what I tell my brds...

then they look at me... think I'm crazy... and give me ballad.

I hate SE so much for introducing ballad 3 / refresh 2 :| so much hate... :\

/endmyopinionnoonecaresabout
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-10-12 08:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
/endmyopinionnoonecaresabout

I care

So now you have to choose between giving the whole party agi, or taking the JA delay to single target an ex-single target song so that it casts in the time you just wasted.

On the bright side: If youre in the zero existing events where you would bring a party full of rangers (let alone the universe where you would give said rangers preludes) you can now... i dont know *** this ***lol.

Follow me on this, I think I have it: You COULD have a tardabula brd mule who merits songs instead of Troub/Night Who gives a yoichi rng party enmity down, minuet, and str etude for odin v2 to push it down?

Guys? .....guys?
[+]
 Bahamut.Vagrua
By Bahamut.Vagrua 2012-10-12 08:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So now you have to choose between giving the whole party agi, or taking the JA delay to single target an ex-single target song so that it casts in the time you just wasted.

On the bright side: If youre in the zero existing events where you would bring a party full of rangers (let alone the universe where you would give said rangers preludes) you can now... i dont know *** this ***lol.

Follow me on this, I think I have it: You COULD have a tardabula brd mule who merits songs instead of Troub/Night Who gives a yoichi rng party enmity down, minuet, and str etude for odin v2 to push it down?

Guys? .....guys?

Pianissimo only takes about a second to go off and there's no delay in casting songs afterwards. So we're looking at 5 seconds each etude instead of 4.

On another note, most RNGs only ask me for minuets.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-10-12 08:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Min5 Min4 STR etude x2 for ADL. Neat.

Not sure why people are complaining really, I have a ton of times where I can't make full use of my 4 songs as is and a bit of extra STR is certainly preferable to nothing/scherzo/marchwhenddarehastedandembravaedanyway.
[+]
 Bahamut.Vagrua
By Bahamut.Vagrua 2012-10-12 10:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of boredom, I did some quick testing in Abyssea for etudes:
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-10-12 13:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

But they aren't changing how they deteriorate over time right? Cause they might be more useful if that was the case or if they made the caps higher.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-12 13:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

They're just as ***as ever. Limited application in ***-tier content like ADL if you recast them quickly and have a 4-song darudabla + the trimmings. That'd be a DEX bonus of +18/+24 (combined +42) for Etude I+II with a 99Gjallarhorn before the 1pt/10s deterioration, average of +30~35 assuming crack timing on recasts. Would be around an average of +40 if you're factoring in +10 from Marches, however you wouldn't be casting those to begin with in these situations. STR Etudes would rarely be worth using on the kind of content you'd be safe to use Etudes on to begin with.

Outside of those factors... yea.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-10-12 13:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It's too bad, I'd like to see some more varied situations and strategical song use.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-10-14 04:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much a worthless update in the eyes of bards that don't have a Daurdabla that are stuck with just 2 songs max.
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2012-10-14 12:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Suprised at the hate. Having the option of doing AoE STR/DEX+74 (and degrading) under SV is okay with me. In high buff situations with 2 daurdabla bards we start running out of useful things to cast anyway.

Shame about it degrading though :(
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-19 19:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

10-16-2012 08:19 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Valefor.Philemon said: »
So that Pianissimo adjustment, will it reduce casting time of all songs or just prelude/etude/sirvente/dirge?

Hello,

Just to clarify, Pianissimo’s effect itself will change, so when you use it, the casting time for all applicable songs will be reduced. This does not apply to only etudes, preludes, Foe Sirvente, and Adventurer’s Dirge mentioned in our most recent test server update.
Subscribe

10-18-2012 01:30 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Sylph.Reain said: »
Pianissimo will still make songs single target. The change is that when you use Pianissimo to make the song single target it will now half the casting time of that single target song.

E.g. If you do AoE march the base casting time is 8 seconds. If you Pianmissimo March one person the base casting time will be 4 seconds.

Correct. This Pianissimo adjustment is going to be implemented in the test server update planned for Oct. 26th. We are also going to lower the level that you obtain Pianissimo from 45 to 20.

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Okipuit,
Would it be possible for the devs to look at removing the weakening over time of the etudes from BRD? That is mainly the reason their simply not ever used. Wouldn't be much of a buff if it goes away rather quickly.

Noted. We'll see if I can get any insight from the development team regarding this mechanic. If we receive an update, we'll be sure to let you know~
Subscribe
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-10-19 22:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

They must plan on barancing it if they do make it a static number. To a static low number of course!