[dev1137] Salvage Battlefield Expansion

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » [dev1137] Salvage Battlefield Expansion
First Page 2 ... 13 14 15
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-07-25 20:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

07-25-2012 06:47 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

It's time to Salvage some gear!

Sorry for the bump but we just received the following information from development:
Along with the higher tier Salvage expansion, we will also be introducing means to revamp the existing Salvage equipment. This will not take place via Trial of the Magians, instead it will be similar to the system used for Homam/Nashira equipment in the higher tier Limbus.
Subscribe

07-27-2012 01:26 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings!

Similar to how we added jobs that previously could not wear Homam/Nashira to the new Murzim and Shedir equipment available via the new higher-tier Limbus areas, the development team is planning to add dancer, scholar, and other jobs to the new Salvage equipment, but not to the currently existing Salvage gear.

In regards to reducing the number of required players for entry, I believe a similar response was made in the past about assault, but we do not have any plans of lowering the requirement due to concerns that instances will be filled faster causing congestion.
Subscribe

08-13-2012 07:39 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings!

The higher tier Salvage expansion is currently under-development as we speak and I’d like to share the basic concept of what we will be adding.

Higher Tier Expansion

• High tier expansions will be added for each of the four areas (Arrapago Remnants, Silver Sea Remnants, Zhayolm Remnants, Bhaflau Remnants)

• Fundamental concept is the same as the original Salvage, but will be targeting level 99 characters

• Will contain strategy elements such as route selection and NM spawning conditions

Changes to the Pathos of Alzadaal

After considering that these imbued items clutter inventory, and the time spent lotting and distributing them made it difficult to focus on strategy, we will be changing the system so that instead of using items to unlock limitations, they will randomly be removed when defeating monsters.

While it will no longer be possible to select the player you wish to unlock, we are planning to make adjustments so that the effects removed by defeating monsters will be more than enough to go around.

Up to 18 players can participate, but we are envisioning a difficulty level that can be cleared with around 6 players. Additionally, due to the change in the system, the higher tier focus will be on relieving the entry-level difficulty associated with doing Salvage, while providing content and rewards for level 99 characters.

Reward wise we will be preparing two kinds of equipment: revamped versions of the previously existing Salvage gear and new equipment.

Finally, as shown on the road map we will be adding this to the Test Server around September and plan on spending time for balancing/adjustments. With that said, actual implementation is still a bit off, but we are working our best so you can all try it out on the Test Server.

We will be releasing more specific information around the timing of Test Server implementation, so hang in there a bit and look forward to it!
Subscribe

08-14-2012 01:14 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Good morning!

As there are quite a few questions in regards to how the new unlocking system will work, I’d like to explain about it just a bit more.

Unlocking System Changes

As mentioned in my previous post, the first objective of this is to relieve the stress related to worrying about cells so that everyone can enjoy this content more. This is why we are only removing the aspect where you need to use items to unlock limitations, but the process of defeating monsters in order to remove the limitations will not change.

The trends for unlocking by each area and each monster will carry over, so think of it as the same flow as in the past when it comes to the order of defeating monsters and all the tricks to unlock Pathos efficiently.

Who Will Be Unlocked

I think the biggest concern at the moment is that by unlocking taking place at random, it will no longer be possible to formulate strategies around which jobs and players get unlocked first. The original Salvage had cases where certain areas would only yield a certain amount of cells, or if cells were not obtained at the right moment you would have to wait a while to get them again, making it so each cell was carefully used.

For the higher tier expansion, the direction will be changing quite a bit, and as long as you don’t have severely bad luck, we would like to make it so that it will be possible to fully unlock all limitations. With that said, we will be making adjustments to the number of monsters and the unlocking rate so that the pace of unlocking is not so slow that it makes it not possible to get stuff done.

*We are currently looking into a similar treasure chest that appears upon entry like the original Salvage, and we are thinking to make it so players can choose who will be unlocked.
Subscribe

08-22-2012 02:55 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

I have some more information to share about the content of the Salvage higher-tier expansion.

• After warping to the next floor, a lamp will be placed for voluntary Pathos unlocking
    We will be making it possible so that each player can check the lamp and select a status to be unlocked that was unlocked in the floors prior. (In order to use the lamp, certain conditions must be fulfilled on the previous floor; however, we are planning to make the conditions easy to accomplish.)

The plan is not to make this the main focus of unlocking, but it is an alternative method if the necessary unlocks did not occur while defeating monsters and the aim is to secure a method for voluntary unlocking.

• Unlocking Pathos as an element of strategy
    The strategy and knowledge for which routes to take and which monsters to defeat in order to unlock statuses will be necessary just like they were for the existing Salvage content. While only the order will be random, the only difference is in the amount of monsters that are necessary to defeat, and we are planning to have a good amount of room to make use of the knowledge gained from the existing Salvage.

• Jobs that can equip the rewards
    Dancer and scholar cannot equip the rewards from the existing Salvage content. While this will not change, the revamped Salvage equipment as well as the new equipment will have dancer and scholar added to the list of jobs that can equip them. We will also be making adjustments so that the stats are compatible.

I think the easiest way to see how this content has changed would be to try it out first-hand on the Test Server and we are working hard to implement this. However, it seems like it is going to take some more time, so hang in there just a bit more.
Subscribe

08-23-2012 12:40 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings!

Since the last post made by Okipuit there have been some questions. We will check and see if we can get some information, but keep in mind they are still working on all the details.

In the meantime, I just wanted to share another quick bit of information about unlocking Pathos.

We are actually planning to make it so when a Pathos is removed, it is displayed in everyone’s chat logs. We will be addressing this for both unlocking by defeating monsters as well as when the lamp is used.

When players use cells it is shown in the chat log, but players who are far away cannot see it. We feel that this will be much better to confirm and share the status of unlocking.
Subscribe

09-13-2012 02:14 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Greetings,

I have an announcement to make about the Salvage high-tier expansion that we will be adding to the Test Server.

During this week’s Test Server update, we will start off by only implementing Zhayolm Remnants.
(Same as before, the entrance will be the Guilded Gateway.)

At the current stage, adjustments for monster placement/strength, drop items, and pathos unlocking rate, have not been finalized. There is a possibility that we may change these elements moving forward. Also, we’ve made it so that notorious monsters that appear when completing certain requirements, do not spawn on the Test Server.

We would like to receive feedback focusing on the largest change from original Salvage, the pathos unlocking system.

To aid in your testing endeavors, we have setup the Test Server as stated below:

• It will be possible to enter solo.

• When checking the Guilded Gateway, you will receive a Remnants Permit, so it will be possible to participate without obtaining the key item in advance.

• (Each member who wishes to participate will need to obtain the key item via the above method.)

• There will be no cool-down time between entry.

Subscribe

10-12-2012 04:35 AM
[source]
Gildrein
Community Rep

* The following content is in development. Specific details may differ from the release version.

This battlefield expansion is aimed at seasoned adventurers and many of the rules are based on those of previous Salvage content. The method by which Pathos of Alzadaal restrictions can be removed, however, has been modified.

Differences from Previous Salvage Content

• Entry is restricted to adventurers level 85 and above.

• Pathos of Alzadaal restrictions may no longer be removed by imbued items, but by the following methods:

• Defeating certain monsters in specified areas will randomly remove a Pathos of Alzadaal restriction from participants.
    • Examining the Runic Lamps within each remnant will allow players to remove restrictions of their choice.
      * Runic Lamps will be available near remnant entrances and teleport exits.
      * The chance for removing restrictions, and which monsters' defeat are capable of removing restrictions, are still under development.

Test Server Settings
  • Participants may enter battlefields alone.

• Remnants Permits will not be required for entry.

• No time restrictions will be placed on battlefield reentry.

• Only the Zhaylom and Arrapago Remnants are available for entry at present.

• The placement and strength of enemies, as well as items obtainable, may differ from the release version.

• Boss enemies are still under development, and will be replaced with substitute enemies.

• Notorious monsters that only spawn under certain conditions will not be introduced.

Subscribe
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-07-25 20:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like Chariot kills :x
 Lakshmi.Galith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2012-07-25 20:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think I could stand anymore Magian Trial crap, I'm glad they didn't decide to go with that.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2012-07-25 20:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that's one way to get Alex back into the system, assuming the new gear is actually good.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-07-25 20:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Good news.
 Sylph.Washburn
Server: Sylph
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2012-07-25 20:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

well it's forcing people to do old salvage to get gear to do new salvage to get new gear. good news for mythics.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2012-07-25 20:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonder how the gear quality will be for this, if they intend on this being a big way to get people out there to increase the supply of Alex.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-07-25 20:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally. I hope that unlike Limbus gear, the updated Salvage sets will be decent. I would really enjoy going back to Salvage and upgrading all of these sets.

I want to see my SAM wearing Usukane once again :(
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-07-25 21:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got caught up with nyzul .___.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-25 21:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Heck yes, about time.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-25 21:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Won't matter since the stats will be terrible like neo Homam.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-07-25 21:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

lets see the stats SE....
 Leviathan.Beuvace
user: Beuvace
By Leviathan.Beuvace 2012-07-25 21:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Very excited about this! In for the new stats
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2012-07-25 21:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't wait!
 Sylph.Jkun
user: Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2012-07-25 21:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet, especially since most of Salvage can be trio'd now. I wonder how awesome or terrible the bodies will be? (Acc and sTP on Ares? Oh god please SE)
[+]
 Sylph.Wardeniii
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-07-25 21:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Stats plz
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-25 21:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Usukane Sune-ate
[feet] All Races
Def: 23 Accuracy+15 Attack+10
Haste+3% Enmity+10
LV 99 MNK SAM NIN PUP
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-07-25 21:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Usukane Sune-ate
[feet] All Races
Haste+3% Enmity+10
LV 99 MNK SAM NIN PUP

so you think losing 7 STP for some minor acc/att/enmity and 1 haste is what SE is gonna do? Why would you think they would drop 7 STP when it's an important stat.
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2012-07-25 21:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

also increase Alexandrite drop rates Kthnx

600 million for one step of 9 is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2012-07-25 21:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I do hope they add SCH and DNC to the new salvage pieces, and maybe add both to the current existing pieces x.x
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-25 21:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Usukane Sune-ate
[feet] All Races
Haste+3% Enmity+10
LV 99 MNK SAM NIN PUP

so you think losing 7 STP for some minor acc/att/enmity and 1 haste is what SE is gonna do? Why would you think they would drop 7 STP when it's an important stat.
thatsthejoke.jpg
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-07-25 21:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

That reminds me, something in me thinks GEO will go to Morrigan's (elemental magic skill in mind). Dunno about RNF though, probably Ares?
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2012-07-25 21:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
I do hope they add SCH and DNC to the new salvage pieces, and maybe add both to the current existing pieces x.x

If it's similar to how they did the new Ultima/Omega gear, they will be added. I'm doubting they'll add them to the current pieces though.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-07-25 22:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Usukane Sune-ate
[feet] All Races
Haste+3% Enmity+10
LV 99 MNK SAM NIN PUP

thatsthejoke.jpg

wasn't funny? couldn't tell if serious.jpg? lol /shrug
By Quiznor 2012-07-25 22:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ill make a proper comment on this in the morning.

Now I have to try sleep with this damn massive *** this thread gave me.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2012-07-25 22:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Good thing I have 0 Salvage Equipment!
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2012-07-25 22:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Usukane Sune-ate
[feet] All Races
Haste+3% Enmity+10
LV 99 MNK SAM NIN PUP

thatsthejoke.jpg

wasn't funny? couldn't tell if serious.jpg? lol /shrug

One must have an appreciation for the falaras^^

And don't knock the Limbus gear melees- we did plenty of Homam runs for you guys back in the day- now that the nashira based pieces are actually good for something, its time you return the favor ;D

As for neo-salvage, I'm all for it. The more alex in the system, the more we can get back to reasonable prices for it. I dunno, maybe 3k like it was 2 years ago? damn why didn't I buy the farm up then....
 Fenrir.Mefuki
user: Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2012-07-25 22:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galith said: »
I don't think I could stand anymore Magian Trial crap, I'm glad they didn't decide to go with that.

Was I the only one who really like Magian trials? I can see why people wouldn't like it but it was a system where you could make constant progress. You could log in and by making the effort you could develop you character instead of waiting for the numbers to fall in your favour.

Frankly, I'm dissapointed that they seem to be purposely trying to make upgrade systems that are inferior to it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2012-07-25 23:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope it is as easy as Neo-Nyzul...
[+]
 Cerberus.Ermachko
user: ermachko
By Cerberus.Ermachko 2012-07-25 23:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I just got caught up with nyzul .___.

Looks like we start this next my friend!
First Page 2 ... 13 14 15