Carbuncle.Anesthesia
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-12-12 19:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
R.I.P. atma of the red crab

I got Ukon 99 today and I literally do not have the motivation to hit anything. I start moving in a direction and lose interest long before I make it out of Port Jeuno.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-12-12 19:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Avitori said: »
Carbuncle.Anesthesia said: »
Carbuncle.Burkey said: »
pol crashes every time when booting up with windower? cant even get to the character selection screen

You shouldn't cheat, then.

How is he cheating? It's a known issue, turn off recast plugin.

Windower, duh.
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
Server: Lakshmi
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2012-12-12 19:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Skill tiers don't affect nukes, worthless; morrigan +1 cuffs are worthless too since +2 hands are superior for basically every one of our spells as they mostly carry a MND WSC, not worth inventory space. The Fae ones great physical spell hands for STR/DEX spells, in some situations maybe STR/VIT but I cba to run it. Odds are, not worth the inventory space for +1 blue magic skill. Body is good for nukes, SB, and Requiescat. Morrigan +1 feet somewhat better than +2 emp for nukes, but they're not a big increase, and will be inferior during BA.

Overall nothing very valuable for BLU. Just some extremely minor sidegrades and small increases on things that see limited use to begin with (GoH hi2u)

Wasn't aware that it didn't work on a tier system for nukes, but skill does factor into nuke potency, so would 6 skill do more than 4 mab for an Int based nuke?
 Lye
By Lye 2012-12-12 19:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I got Ukon 99 today and I literally do not have the motivation to hit anything. I start moving in a direction and lose interest long before I make it out of Port Jeuno.

Afterglow
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-12-12 19:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lye said: »

Afterglow

I can't move between Bazaars fast enough anymore.
[+]
By Avitori 2012-12-12 19:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Afterglow

I can't move between Bazaars fast enough anymore.

I feel like there is x500 gravity everywhere I go i'm sad.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-12 19:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Vlorsutes said: »
Skill tiers don't affect nukes, worthless; morrigan +1 cuffs are worthless too since +2 hands are superior for basically every one of our spells as they mostly carry a MND WSC, not worth inventory space. The Fae ones great physical spell hands for STR/DEX spells, in some situations maybe STR/VIT but I cba to run it. Odds are, not worth the inventory space for +1 blue magic skill. Body is good for nukes, SB, and Requiescat. Morrigan +1 feet somewhat better than +2 emp for nukes, but they're not a big increase, and will be inferior during BA.

Overall nothing very valuable for BLU. Just some extremely minor sidegrades and small increases on things that see limited use to begin with (GoH hi2u)

Wasn't aware that it didn't work on a tier system for nukes, but skill does factor into nuke potency, so would 6 skill do more than 4 mab for an Int based nuke?

It doesn't. Skill = Macc only for magical blue magic.
 Fenrir.Evildemon
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Evildemon 2012-12-12 19:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

pol crashes every time when booting up with windower? cant even get to the character selection screen

Windower, duh.

Wambulance
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-12-12 19:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Evildemon said: »

Windower, duh.

Wambulance

Can I recommend a smith.

Prothescar (tm)
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2012-12-12 20:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't. Skill = Macc only for magical blue magic.
isn't that only for breath attacks? don't regular nuke type spells (e.g. eyes on me) work the same as any elemental magic?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-12 20:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The only elemental magic spell that sees any potency increase/decrease from skill is Meteor. The rest are all interruption rate and magic accuracy. Magical blue magic functions the same way in regards to skill.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2012-12-12 20:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Downloaded update, got Error-2003 Error reading data, or something like that, looks like a full reinstall...
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2012-12-12 20:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Eyrhika said: »
Downloaded update, got Error-2003 Error reading data, or something like that, looks like a full reinstall...
crap, that sucks man ><
 Sylph.Marischka
Server: Sylph
user: Marischka
By Sylph.Marischka 2012-12-12 20:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Windower, duh.

Omg...really? Being pissy over windower? Wow. I'm sure you play the game 100% legit doing nothing "wrong".
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-12-12 21:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Marischka said: »

Windower, duh.

Omg...really? Being pissy over windower? Wow. I'm sure you play the game 100% legit doing nothing "wrong".

Can I recommend a smith.

Prothescar (tm)
 Sylph.Marischka
By Sylph.Marischka 2012-12-12 21:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Eyrhika said: »
Owie. You has my sympathies. And I thought all the plugins and such not working tonight was a pain in the ***.
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
Server: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2012-12-12 21:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

When you learn how to play blue mage you can talk. You gi You have lack of knowledge of the job and how to do builds and subs. And advice you have given on the job is usually false.

While your great at other jobs, don't trash blue mages by telling people how to do builds until you learn how most of the job works.

Thanks.
 Sylph.Marischka
By Sylph.Marischka 2012-12-12 21:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Presidentobama said: »

When you learn how to play blue mage you can talk. You gi You have lack of knowledge of the job and how to do builds and subs. And advice you have given on the job is usually false.

While your great at other jobs, don't trash blue mages by telling people how to do builds until you learn how most of the job works.

Thanks.
I'm unable to decipher most of this response since...well...let's face it. The grammar and spelling's so horrific, I really can't digest it. I'm gathering this is meant as a hostile defense of BLU though and that I should get my popcorn. :D
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-12 21:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks.

Do you have any idea who you're talking to?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-12-12 21:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks.

Aren't you supposed to be on Pheonix fighting Urteil.
[+]
By Avitori 2012-12-12 21:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

We need to respect our president guys, c'mon.
 Sylph.Marischka
By Sylph.Marischka 2012-12-12 21:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

We need to respect our president guys, c'mon.
Lulz.
I didn't vote for him, so I have every right to tell him he's full of hot air. :D
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2012-12-12 21:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Shiva.Garlend said: »
Graphics Stabilization(Misc.)
(Default : Not Checked)

Enabling this option increases the likelihood that certain issues that arise with specific graphics cards will be avoided.

Is this the nVidia 600-series fix? Because I've been waiting a long time for it if it is. I posted the original topic on the official forums about the problem the day that the GTX 680 was released, and they've stonewalled us for the last 6 months.

I haven't done extensive testing, but this setting does seem to fix the 600-series problems. I ran out, did a Mijin Gakure in Sauramongue Champaign, and where that would have crashed me 100% pre-update, no crash! This is with weather and shadows on, mind you.

If I get a chance, I'll do an Abyssea party and see if the fix works through Level Up animations too.
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2012-12-12 21:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

No surprise that a post with more than 2 pages has a bunch of people pissing and moaning about ***.

Shut the hell up please.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-12-12 21:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Smacksterr said: »
No surprise that a post with more than 2 pages has a bunch of people pissing and moaning about ***.

Shut the hell up please.

whining about whiners, great job. Go back to lurking.
[+]
 Sylph.Marischka
By Sylph.Marischka 2012-12-12 21:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
whining about whiners, great job. Go back to lurking.
I couldn't have said it better myself. /bow
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2012-12-12 22:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anyone else get an HDD error from the update?

I did, then it proceeded to let me play.
Just curious if this is something that will limit me in some aspects of the game in reference to the new update?
By Avitori 2012-12-12 22:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

All of my +movement speed gear isn't working... SE you are so bad with updates ><
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2012-12-12 23:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Merit Point animation didn't crash my GTX680 either. Looks like S-E has implemented some kind of fix.
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2012-12-12 23:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks.

Do you have any idea who you're talking to?

Think he tried quoting me but somehow totally messed up the quotes. He's trying to berate me for having no knowledge of Blue Mage, despite countless times showing that he doesn't understand the basic concepts of how most any job works.

I made a mistake on how the D value of magical Blue Magic spells are calculated. I knew skill factored into physical Blu spells when calculating the D value, and somehow got it into my head that it was calculated the same way for magical Blu spells. I'll readily admit my mistake, which is more than can be said for you, advocating 2-4x swords over Almace or that the augment on Relic +2 legs increase spell set points.

Won't go further into all that since this isn't the time or the place, but your initial berating of the initially mentioned gear shows your own misunderstanding of how Blu works.

All of my +movement speed gear isn't working... SE you are so bad with updates ><

Not only is there an issue with +movement speed gear not working properly, but there also seem to be issues related to Weight effects. Went into Arrapago Remnants II a bit ago and on numerous occasions noticed that my movement wasn't encumbered any despite having the Weight effect from Artificial Gravity present. On the second to the last floor though, my movement speed was severely encumbered without any Weight effect at all. I was moving slower than a normal walking animation, and toggling the walk command (in case I had accidentally hit it) only reduced my movement speed further. There wasn't any Weight icon on, and casting Winds of Promy. gave me a "no effect" message, so I know it wasn't an issue of some Weight effect not registering.
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25