Out Dated Point System Or Not?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Out Dated Point system or not?
Out Dated Point system or not?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-03-21 16:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Zandra said:
Blurr I must say I disagree with you. I run my own dynamis shell and to be honest, I've kicked members for lotting/commenting jobs they don't have leveled to 65 period. He was a good DD too, but the bottom line is newer members will not stay unless they get a decent shot at getting gear, (esp when city drops are free). If you have 3 members always getting the gear, it turns off all the newer players, and you cannot solely rely on regulars alone, you never have enough of them (at least I don't).

How many times can the same 3 people lot on the same r/e gear?

If people put in the time they deserve to lot what they want regardless of job lvl.

If new people want the gear they need to put in the time also.
 Unicorn.Celestius
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Celestius 2010-03-21 16:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

at least 6... {once to complete the set, once cause it is the one piece of nonjunk relic usable w/o taking whole set out of storage or to upgrade to relic+1} x3. Newer members will seek a more honest LS leader that doesnt give stuff to his multitoons and hnm buddies. Wonder why Midgardsormr emptied out?
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-03-21 17:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Celestius said:
at least 6... {once to complete the set, once cause it is the one piece of nonjunk relic usable w/o taking whole set out of storage or to upgrade to relic 1} x3. Newer members will seek a more honest LS leader that doesnt give stuff to his multitoons and hnm buddies. Wonder why Midgardsormr emptied out?

How does a point system = a dishonest leader that only "gives" items to his friends?

If you LS is working to appease new members then you are doing it wrong.
 Gilgamesh.Tirantus
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tirantus
By Gilgamesh.Tirantus 2010-03-22 10:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Frobeus said:
Unicorn.Celestius said:
at least 6... {once to complete the set, once cause it is the one piece of nonjunk relic usable w/o taking whole set out of storage or to upgrade to relic 1} x3. Newer members will seek a more honest LS leader that doesnt give stuff to his multitoons and hnm buddies. Wonder why Midgardsormr emptied out?

How does a point system = a dishonest leader that only "gives" items to his friends?

If you LS is working to appease new members then you are doing it wrong.

Saying something like that kinda kills your credibility. Cause it can easily be turned around by saying a LS that only caters to long time members without trying to give new members incentive to stick around is also doing it wrong.

It is the LS leaders responsibility to everyone in that LS to consider ALL its members. Not just the ones with points. It is a tough balancing act to keep going, but ultimately it has to be kept.

I know the last dyna LS I was in that wasn't a low man farming LS died so slowly by the time anyone realized it their was nothing to be done but watch it fall apart. This is inevitable if you have a system that favors long time players to the point where new players feel they have no chance at getting the gear they want without hoarding points for the next 10 months.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7