Out Dated Point System Or Not?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Out Dated Point system or not?
Out Dated Point system or not?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-03-20 03:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends why that person is 35%.. is it work? Did you go through a bad break up?

Or did that person just not send me a tell and dissapear?

Does that person ONLY show up for xarcabard or zones he wants gear from?

There are many things to take into account.

If someone went through a death... bad break up... lost a job or at least GOT with me through /tell on whats up and where you've been... YES the 75 will still get it.

If he just dissapeared or shows up to zones he only wants gear from...

I'll let the 65 take it and smile when the 75 asks why.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Atua
Server: Pandemonium
user: Atua
By Pandemonium.Atua 2010-03-20 03:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I think having a job at 70 is a good level to start lotting, personally, I used to like to ding into gear as I leveld a job.

As far as lower levels though, no, it's better to give it to someone that actually wants it and can use it (even if they don't go to dynamis as that job; such as getting stuck going rdm but wanting pld cape, which happened to me), then to the lower level person. It'll probably drop again before the low level gets to be able to use it anyways lol.

I have seen people lot items then 'retire' (retiring jobs is a stupid thing, imo) after they store it the next day. And this is good items too, like smn horn, nin hands, and pld body among other things.
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
Server: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-20 03:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
I stopped taking you seriously when you tried to tell me and i quote your logic

"If my THF is 37 and theres other 75 THF's in the LS i should have just as much right to lot TH4 hands as they should"

"Just because they have it 75 doesn't mean i shouldn't be allowed to lot for when i want to level it in the future"

Also there is being cute :3 just for you.

yeah im done with you now too lol.. trying to argue logic with you is like debating a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE child. "i dont have anything logical to say, so take my mean drawings!!"
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-03-20 03:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I try to put things in pictures you understand :3
 Diabolos.Ghlin
Server: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-03-20 03:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

i was actually debating (with) a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE child the other day. all he could do was draw mean drawings while declaring his lack of logical things to say.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-03-20 03:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Ghlin said:
i was actually debating (with) a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE child the other day. all he could do was draw mean drawings while declaring his lack of logical things to say.

I believe i have been VERY logical. I get bored ^^
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-20 03:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:

i also never said either of those misquotes.. but in spirit of forum debate...
Siren.Clinpachi said:
im an arrogant piece of ***that knows everything.

[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-20 03:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

we know dude. we know.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-03-20 03:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Blurr said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:

i also never said either of those misquotes.. but in spirit of forum debate...
Siren.Clinpachi said:
im a arrogant piece of ***that knows everything.

LOL when did i ever say i knew everything? I love it when people realize they are *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and make up fake quotes like 12 year olds.

Go lot some xarcabard relic for your level 27 paladin and feel justified.

Let me know how that works out for your members.
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-20 03:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
im a arrogant piece of ***that knows everything.
Siren.Clinpachi said:
LOL when did i ever say i knew everything? I love it when people realize they are *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and make up fake quotes like 12 year olds.

hooly ***you are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. that is EXACTLY what you had just done to me, misquoted me TWICE, to try and manipulate getting your points across. hence my *** rebuttal.

and thanks, i will. i have a ton of relic i cant use yet on account of doing dynamis for the last 5 years. have a full usu set i cant use yet too from fulltiming salvage these last 3 years...

and seeing as our groups still go every week, id say everyone is content too.

but thanks again.

edit: and for the record, i lost it when you made our differences of opinion on the matter personal.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-03-20 03:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Blurr said:
i personally think it would be ludicrous to give a pld or thf either or simply because they had the job 75.
Caitsith.Blurr said:
if theyve put in just as much to merit their being able to lot, the level doesnt make a difference to me. if person A is 65 thief, and i even KNOW he has no intention to finish leveling anytime soon, but attends 100%.. and person b has only even been around half as long, and attends like ***too lets say, but has a 75 thf ready and able to use..
Caitsith.Blurr said:
i dont care what jobs person A has or plans to have.. he put the work in, he deserves it. when person B has as much precedence to be lotting too, so be it.
Caitsith.Blurr said:
i personally think it would be ludicrous to give a pld or thf either or simply because they had the job. if you wanna talk about hindering a shell, THATs going to lead to a lot more ppl leaving after they get said items, than people NOT leveling up jobs to wear key pieces.
I'm sorry if those aren't the same things as:

"If my THF is 37 and theres other 75 THF's in the LS i should have just as much right to lot TH4 hands as they should"

"Just because they have it 75 doesn't mean i shouldn't be allowed to lot for when i want to level it in the future"

And when i asked you why should a 37 THF be able to lot TH4 you said
Caitsith.Blurr said:
because you wanted/plan to use them ? that doesnt/wouldnt even matter to me tbh. if you had more points, or whatever your group uses to dictate who has more right over something than someone else, you earned them. and what you do with ems your business, you may even just want em to drop. idc

I'm sorry you think i'm trying to be cute with pretty pictures i picked out just for you.

And i'm sorry that you felt the need to make a fake quote saying that i apparently knew everything because I don't.

I simply summed up everything you just said with your own words... sorry that it bothers you to quote you.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-03-20 03:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Blurr said:
and thanks, i will. i have a ton of relic i cant use yet on account of doing dynamis

Well congrats you filthy gear *** :3
[+]
 Shiva.Gylfie
Server: Shiva
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2010-03-20 03:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Chiming in now.

You're an idiot if you let a 37 THF lot relic hands if someone if your LS currently needs. You know why? Because that ends up benefiting you in the end. Same goes with any relic.

In and out, just how I like it. KBYE.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-03-20 03:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't even imagine the people doing this

Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-20 03:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
I simply summed up everything you just said with your own words... sorry that it bothers you to quote you.

you didnt quote anything i said directly at all, and definitely didnt include any subtext accompanying anything either.

im sorry that once you run out of rational things to say, you resort to childish pictures.

im sorry that you cant even agree to disagree with another person when you cant agree.

but no. you havnt captured anything ive said at all, rather youve twisted my words and misquoted. and its ok, that doesnt bother me in particular.

its the having made something you disagree with personal. id slap the living ***out of you in a heartbeat if i could, starting to talk to me the way you did.. unprovoked..
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-03-20 03:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Blurr said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:

you didnt quote anything i said directly at all, and definitely didnt include any subtext accompanying anything either.

im sorry that once you run out of rational things to say, you resort to childish pictures.

im sorry that you cant even agree to disagree with another person when you cant agree.

but no. you havnt captured anything ive said at all, rather youve twisted my words and misquoted. and its ok, that doesnt bother me in particular.

its the having made something you disagree with personal. id slap the living ***out of you in a heartbeat if i could, starting to talk to me the way you did.. unprovoked..

Shiva.Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2010-03-20 03:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Caitsith.Blurr said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:

*** lol'd
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-20 03:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gylfie said:
Chiming in now.

You're an idiot if you let a 37 THF lot relic hands if someone if your LS currently needs. You know why? Because that ends up benefiting you in the end. Same goes with any relic.

In and out, just how I like it. KBYE.

ill say it to you too.. no one NEEDS anything.. you ppl need to srsly quit with the "need" and "gear" in same sentence ***.

and benefiting the group ? if the group was able to do whatever the event is WITHOUT any of the rewards, they are just as capable to keep doing it.. you all make it sound like a thf cuff thf or a valhala pld are going to make or break the group. half the ***people get will end up being lost and never seen again anyway through natural circumstances (quitting, leaving for others, whatever).

i never said a 37 thf SHOULD get it over a 75 either.. i only ever said the only one that SHOULD get anything, is the most deserving. and the only way we ascertain that is by attendance. someone having 20 75s cant put in anymore work than someone with 4 75s after all..
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-20 04:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

MY making it personal is to be ironic btw, if that was lost on you. person with the you mad pic obviously didnt read any of the thread >.>
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-03-20 04:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Blurr said:
i never said a 37 thf SHOULD get it over a 75 either..
Straight lie, i SPECIFICALLY brought up a 37 THF lotting TH4 and you said
Caitsith.Blurr said:
because you wanted/plan to use them ? that doesnt/wouldnt even matter to me tbh. if you had more points, or whatever your group uses to dictate who has more right over something than someone else, you earned them. and what you do with ems your business, you may even just want em to drop. idc
Take a look and read back through if you don't believe me.

You also said:
Caitsith.Blurr said:
id slap the living ***out of you in a heartbeat if i could

which i ask again

PS) I bet you slap like a *** :3
[+]
 Shiva.Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2010-03-20 04:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
PS) I bet you slap like a *** :3

Only *** slap.
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-20 04:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

ask your mom

and thanks for quotting me correctly once.

i DID say: "because you wanted/plan to use them ? that doesnt/wouldnt even matter to me tbh. if you had more points, or whatever your group uses to dictate who has more right over something than someone else, you earned them. and what you do with ems your business, you may even just want em to drop. idc"

which is NOT: a 37 thf SHOULD get them over a 75.
(i never said a 37 thf SHOULD get it over a 75 either..)

i HAVE been saying over and over, levels dont matter jack ***to me, or anyone else i event with. all we care about is being held to same standards THERE AT EVENT. what you do outside of the events or shell is my/our/their/your business. unless its a shell the exclusively does everything together and forbids outside play of course.

really, thanks for that = )
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-03-20 04:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the idea in theory. And I'll admit in a "literal" situation where every other RDM "literally" has a DChap and there is "literally" ONE guy that has been attending "literally" for only one month. I can see a more established member taking the gear with a less than lv 60 RDM.

In practice your just not going to corn hole 4x Hard Core RDMs out of DChap for your level 37. Do so and you just lost 4 of them. Not to mention the one who's wife was a BRD that joined up with him. Or the one whos friend is a SAM that joined up with him. Don't forget the one who's dual boxing the the PLD too.

[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-03-20 04:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Blurr said:
(i never said a 37 thf SHOULD get it over a 75 either..
Yeah... yeah you did.
Caitsith.Blurr said:
i personally think it would be ludicrous to give a pld or thf either or simply because they had the job 75.

BTW i did ask my mom and she said yes... yes you do slap like a ***. And considering you made a mom joke i would VERY much say this:
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-20 04:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Caitsith.Blurr said:
(i never said a 37 thf SHOULD get it over a 75 either..
Yeah... yeah you did.
Caitsith.Blurr said:

BTW i did ask my mom and she said yes... yes you do slap like a ***.

keep quoting me lol, only helps.

no matter how bold you make it, i did not verbatum say "a 37 thf should get over a 75".

all ive ever been saying is the person with more merit lots (dependent on a groups system, but totally disregarding having the job able to equip.) i understand a lot of groups use level requirments, but im saying some dont. and explained why..
if a 37 had more "priority", or however a group works their ***, sure. imo levels shouldnt matter, and dont to me/us.

but no, im not saying a 37 thf should get over a 75, period.

and i said:
Caitsith.Blurr said:

ill try and be a little more specific for you.. since your having trouble understanding for some reason >.>

i was saying, in rebuttal to what you thought a group would be nuts for doing.. that i would personally think its crazy too if someone was given something ONLY because they have a job for it. awarding people on the jobs they have, and only on the jobs they have.
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-20 04:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

and lol @ you trying to call MY jokes bad lol..

pot, kettle, black.
 Carbuncle.Zitale
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zitale
By Carbuncle.Zitale 2010-03-20 04:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ppls can change their minds, or give up, or quit ... and it's a total failure to see a rare drop never used, while someone who WOULD use it still hope to ever see it drop, and use a item of lower quality.

It is unused potential that also slow down the whole team progress.

In LSs with that rule, if you no have the level to use a item, and REALLY want it, just finish leveling the job: it will show your determination to use it ... and I don't think a lv37 who haven't shown that determination/will to use THAT job deserve to jump in front of someone who did.
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-20 04:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

im done anway. have fun with your groups and w/e. ill do the same, thanks.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-03-20 04:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the course... of the entire reason i am calling you a mother *** idot.

This is the reason i treat you like the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE piece of trash ***that you actually are to even try ninja editing and say "thats not what i said or meant".

Well there is a nice screen shot for you. I am sure next you will try saying photoshop or whatever works best for you.

YOU DID SAY 37'S SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET TH4 HANDS OVER 75 THF'S IF POINTS ARE SAME.

"You may even just want em to drop."

You show true ignorance and try to twist and turn your way out of ***you say.

Well deny the above picture all you want.

Every single person reading this knows you are a complete *** and i enjoyed trolling the PISS out of you.

Because indeed:

You also even have the *** guts to brag:
Caitsith.Blurr said:
and thanks, i will. i have a ton of relic i cant use yet on account of doing dynamis

Seriously gtfo and have a nice day gear ***.
[+]
 Shiva.Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2010-03-20 04:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget
Caitsith.Blurr said:
have a full usu set i cant use yet too from fulltiming salvage these last 3 years...

Can't get full morrigan's or skadi but can get full usu. Interesting.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7