Out Dated Point System Or Not?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Out Dated Point system or not?
Out Dated Point system or not?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-03-20 02:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Dont get me wrong, i dont have anything against freelot 65+ if noone 75 bids on it or even freelot 0+ if noone 65+ needs it. But when ppl bid on it with points, they should be able to equip it.

This is completely different and VERY fair.

It's the simple fact that Blurr is trying to say he should be able to lot whatever he feels he earned regardless of what level it is.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-03-20 02:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Blurr said:
i personally think it would be ludicrous to give a pld or thf either or simply because they had the job.

I don't mean to bust your *** dude but you make NO sense.

So... a PLD and THF stay in the LS... work up decent points... and it's ludacris just to let them lot the valor surcoat or TH4?
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
Server: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-20 02:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
If your RDM isn't 70 you don't deserve a RDM hat from xarcabard period. And that's putting it mildly giving a circumstance a RDM hasn't been able to beat maat.

End of story.

Basically you condone people getting whatever they want regardless of if it's level 1.
Caitsith.Blurr said:
if i attend an event same as anyone else, who the *** is to tell me what i want for something in the future (maybe even giving up stuff "i should get" for jobs i already have), is unacceptable.

Bold for the most ridiculous statement. You basically say you choose what you want... when you want it... regardless of if you can use it or not. How do you even justify lotting a RDM hat on a level 37 RDM? "i deserve it"?

I don't give a flying *** how long you have been with the LS or HOW many points you spend. Shitting all over your 75 RDM LS mates out of a RDM hat you can't even use for MONTHS is inexcusable and i feel bad for any LS that allows it.

I can also see many people leaving that shell when they see it happen.

what YOUR saying is redic to ME. and yes, i am EXACTLY saying, everyone should be able to choose what they want, when they want it, regardless of being able to use or not. with the addition of IT FOLLOWING THE GROUPS RULES. all im simply saying is that for groups i roll with, the time spent outside of it has zero bearing on how we operate the time spent inside. and were only rewarded for the time spent inside. if someone else has gotten x y and z of what they wanted following the rules, so should i if i put as much time/effort in. and so should anyone.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-03-20 02:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Blurr said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
If your RDM isn't 70 you don't deserve a RDM hat from xarcabard period. And that's putting it mildly giving a circumstance a RDM hasn't been able to beat maat.

End of story.

Basically you condone people getting whatever they want regardless of if it's level 1.
Caitsith.Blurr said:
if i attend an event same as anyone else, who the *** is to tell me what i want for something in the future (maybe even giving up stuff "i should get" for jobs i already have), is unacceptable.

Bold for the most ridiculous statement. You basically say you choose what you want... when you want it... regardless of if you can use it or not. How do you even justify lotting a RDM hat on a level 37 RDM? "i deserve it"?

I don't give a flying *** how long you have been with the LS or HOW many points you spend. Shitting all over your 75 RDM LS mates out of a RDM hat you can't even use for MONTHS is inexcusable and i feel bad for any LS that allows it.

I can also see many people leaving that shell when they see it happen.

what YOUR saying is redic to ME. and yes, i am EXACTLY saying, everyone should be able to choose what they want, when they want it, regardless of being able to use or not. with the addition of IT FOLLOWING THE GROUPS RULES. all im simply saying is that for groups i roll with, the time spent outside of it has zero bearing on how we operate the time spent inside. and were only rewarded for the time spent inside. if someone else has gotten x y and z of what they wanted following the rules, so should i if i put as much time/effort in. and so should anyone.

Where this fails... is that there will ALWAYS be PLD and THF in your LS working for those pieces... ALWAYS. What do you think that you have 75PLD and 75THF in your LS who build points and don't deserve it?

What makes you better than them? There will ALWAYS be people after PLD and THF who have the job AND earn the points.

Regardless of rules... LS... system... why would you EVER lot them and get them at a 37-60 who can't even use them is what i am trying to tell you.

It makes no sense.
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-20 02:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Quote:
Dont get me wrong, i dont have anything against freelot 65 if noone 75 bids on it or even freelot 0 if noone 65 needs it. But when ppl bid on it with points, they should be able to equip it.

This is completely different and VERY fair.

It's the simple fact that Blurr is trying to say he should be able to lot whatever he feels he earned regardless of what level it is.

and your twisting my words... i DONT feel as if : "i should be able to lot whatever i feel like i have earned, regardless of what level it is.

i feel like anyone attending an event, with a decent lotting system in place, shouldnt be confined to ONLY lotting gear they can equip atm.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-20 02:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If anybody can, then you can. The question is relevant.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-03-20 02:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you twist words quoted from what YOU typed?
Quote:
i feel like anyone attending an event, with a decent lotting system in place, shouldnt be confined to ONLY lotting gear they can equip atm.

Again... you think it's ok to lot a RDM hat when it's not 75.

Again... you think it's ok to lot a THF TH4 hands when it's not 75.

It's not.

If anyone can bid... picture me this.

Let me be serious for a minute.

If:

If these drop... the 75THF's in your LS have to worry about every single pompus *** lotting because hes either

A) Been in the LS a few months or
B) Feels like he should be able to lot just because he may level it some more later.

It's not fair to the 75THF's who can use it now... it's not fair to the linkshell who won't be having TH4 in the event becuase you can't even use or bring it. That means with a 37 THF you can lot TH4 amirite?
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-20 02:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Regardless of rules... LS... system... why would you EVER lot them and get them at a 37-60 who can't even use them is what i am trying to tell you.

because you wanted/plan to use them ? that doesnt/wouldnt even matter to me tbh. if you had more points, or whatever your group uses to dictate who has more right over something than someone else, you earned them. and what you do with ems your business, you may even just want em to drop. idc
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-20 02:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Quote:

It's not.

again... YOU think something different. and thats fine.

again... you differ opinion on something else, thats fine too.

it is what it is to you, and it is what it is to me.

it works for our groups, but doesnt work for yours. oh well ::shrugs::

btw opinions are like ***. everyones got one ._.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2010-03-20 02:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If you spend so many time doing dynamis with a shell where you dont need anythin for the jobs you have at 75... why even go to that dynamis? Go level the jobs you get/want to get AF for so you know the job and know if you would even like it at 75 before taking away AF from ppl at 75 who work for it as long as you do in that shell.
beeing lv 37-60 isnt the same game as beeing 75 on the job.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-03-20 02:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Blurr said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Quote:

It's not.

again... YOU think something different. and thats fine.

again... you differ opinion on something else, thats fine too.

it is what it is to you, and it is what it is to me.

it works for our groups, but doesnt work for yours. oh well ::shrugs::

btw opinions are like ***. everyones got one ._.

I'm sorry man but the next time you want something really really bad... i hope a level 37 lots your ***lmao. I hope your ON the job... IN dynamis... and it's something like RDM hat.

And i hope someone bids that ***dude.

Maybe then you'll get it.

THAT or when your ENTIRE LS lots on the RDM hat because there is no job restriction at all.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-20 02:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Blurr said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:

because you wanted/plan to use them ? that doesnt/wouldnt even matter to me tbh. if you had more points, or whatever your group uses to dictate who has more right over something than someone else, you earned them. and what you do with ems your business, you may even just want em to drop. idc
You have got to be trolling. If somebody lotted a DChap/AA/Sorc Petasos over me for shits and giggles I'd leave the shell right then. It's a *** waste of a valuable drop. Your thought process is terribad and you should feel terribad.
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-20 02:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

our groups award people for the time/effort they put into the group, and only that. the possible rewards or where they go have no bearing on our being able to go again next week or the week after. they are simply just that, rewards. some will even get floored because of right/wrong.. fair/unfair...

you cant charge someone for something and then give the same thing to someone else for free, just because they dont have it and can use. everyone has to earn their ***here, and theres zero room for anyone to *** about anything <.>
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-03-20 02:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't even know why i tried so hard... i guess i'm just trying to save face and give understanding that you are *** SO many people.

I am THE lead of my shell and i am all about fairness... understanding... and work with everyone on the things they need.

There is also a RDM in our LS that is still 70 because she cant beat RDM maat to save her life. She has tried over 20 times. THAT is a person we will let bid hat or body on.

THAT is a fair exception. Shes a great person and always does her best.

If your RDM is 37 and you want RDM hat... *** take it to 75 first and we will defiantly let you. BUILD points or lot other things in the mean time.
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-20 03:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Caitsith.Blurr said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:

You have got to be trolling. If somebody lotted a DChap/AA/Sorc Petasos over me for shits and giggles I'd leave the shell right then. It's a *** waste of a valuable drop. Your thought process is terribad and you should feel terribad.

*** you buddy, you should should be dragged in the street and shot in the face.

wow you disagree with another persons/groups methodology... YOUR SO RIGHT!
just because it doesnt work for you doesnt mean it doesnt/cant work for anyone else. ill say it again, opinions are like ***. everyones got one >.>
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-20 03:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Blurr said:
our groups award people for the time/effort they put into the group, and only that. the possible rewards or where they go have no bearing on our being able to go again next week or the week after. they are simply just that, rewards. some will even get floored because of right/wrong.. fair/unfair...

you cant charge someone for something and then give the same thing to someone else for free, just because they dont have it and can use. everyone has to earn their ***here, and theres zero room for anyone to *** about anything <.>
You say that like people don't earn their ***in shells where there's a minimum requirement. Points still get spent, just not until the point where you'd actually make use of the item. Easier on shell morale when wlegs/hachi haidate/homam legs/nash legs etc go to somebody who can immediately put them to work vs somebody who may never put them to work. If the guy who freelots the piece nobody wanted puts them to work later, awesome. If not, no big deal - nobody who could make use of them was after them anyway. The valuable ***is always in demand, so it's really not an issue on the good stuff.

EDIT: Funny you say I should be dragged out and shot in the face, because you're basically *** me over by taking an item I can use that you can't. So if anything, you really are suggesting I be dragged out and shot in the face...
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-03-20 03:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-20 03:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
I don't even know why i tried so hard... i guess i'm just trying to save face and give understanding that you are *** SO many people.

I am THE lead of my shell and i am all about fairness... understanding... and work with everyone on the things they need.

There is also a RDM in our LS that is still 70 because she cant beat RDM maat to save her life. She has tried over 20 times. THAT is a person we will let bid hat or body on.

THAT is a fair exception. Shes a great person and always does her best.

If your RDM is 37 and you want RDM hat... *** take it to 75 first and we will defiantly let you. BUILD points or lot other things in the mean time.

i could easily say the same thing >.>, i dont know why i wasted as much though/effort as i have trying to convey other thoughts/ideas.

i dont know what YOUR groups systems like, nor care tbh. if it works, awesome, good for your group.

in the 3 years+ weve been doing ***, no ones ever complained about our systems. i can safely and easily say the same too, i/we are all about fairness, understanding, and getting what everyone wants.

dont say "gear" and "need" in the same sentence again.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Atua
Server: Pandemonium
user: Atua
By Pandemonium.Atua 2010-03-20 03:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this is about dynamis, but for my salvage ls, I use a combo of uncapped points and fixed + percentage for lotting an item. With 10 points per run, someone with 1000 points has to pay 360 points when someone with 100 points has to pay 90 for the same 35 piece. I didn't think our points would be getting so high though.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-20 03:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me put it another way: what do you actually lose by shifting to a minimum level system?

-The ability to loot *** when you're not at level.

-The ability to *** somebody out of a drop when you're not at level.

-The ability to lot on an item you will use when you're of the appropriate level.

-The ability to lot on an item you think you'll use but end up never using because you retire the job.

Drop 3 bad reasons and 1 good. Sounds like a decent upgrade in the system to me. Even in the situation where everyone actually plays nice and honors the system, it's 1:1. The system simply works at least as well with a minimum level requirement. That's not opinion, that's a basic evaluation of facts regarding each system.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-03-20 03:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
I guess that's a preference but that's just nuts giving TH4 or RDM hat to a 65 :| just sayin~ lol.

I believe it depends on other factors:

If person A has RDM65, has 95% attendance, and 60 points, and person B has RDM75, has 35% attendance, and 60 points... then Person B can get the hat just because of the level difference?
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-20 03:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Caitsith.Blurr said:

You say that like people don't earn their ***in shells where there's a minimum requirement. Points still get spent, just not until the point where you'd actually make use of the item. Easier on shell morale when wlegs/hachi haidate/homam legs/nash legs etc go to somebody who can immediately put them to work vs somebody who may never put them to work. If the guy who freelots the piece nobody wanted puts them to work later, awesome. If not, no big deal - nobody who could make use of them was after them anyway. The valuable ***is always in demand, so it's really not an issue on the good stuff.

EDIT: Funny you say I should be dragged out and shot in the face, because you're basically *** me over by taking an item I can use that you can't. So if anything, you really are suggesting I be dragged out and shot in the face...

my rebuttal was only in regards to your telling me how we do things is wrong/bad, and that i should feel wrong/bad for following.

if level requirements work for your/any group, so be it. my whole original point was that in MY experience, more people will lie about levels and *** people over anyway, than NOT.
so instead of potentially *** over the couple honest people out there with level req's, we decided to just have everyone in the same boat. your efforts are rewarded on the time you assist the group with that particular event, no more no less.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-20 03:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If they have 95% attendance I daresay they'll have no issue picking up their Chapeau in due time.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-03-20 03:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Read again erik, basically he's saying it doesnt matter how many 75 THF's are in the shell... if he wants TH4 he should be able to lot them even if 37 or whatever.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-03-20 03:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Read again erik, basically he's saying it doesnt matter how many 75 THF's are in the shell... if he wants TH4 he should be able to lot them even if 37 or whatever.

was talking about an earlier post of yours, saying "none of that 65+ crap" @_@

edit: @ nightfyre

yeah, I was talking about what clinpachi said earlier^

I agree with 37+ but 65+ I dont really see ><
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-03-20 03:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

75 to lot dynamis AF isn't asking a lot. And if nobody 75 wants it then yeah you should be able to then lot if your 65+.

This was never any issue.

I even posted there are easy circumstances like not beating maat or having genuine trouble.

Stuff like TH4 and RDM hat's will almost always go (AND SHOULD) to 75's who have been being patient for it.

If no 75's want then yeah 65+'s go for it.

It's circumstantial in all aspects. It's when he said if i want it for the future aka not even close i went ballistic.
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-20 03:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:

wow, how bout YOU try reading everything ive said again.. less time trying to be cute with pictures, more time reading and not being ignorant.

if you just wanna talk ***and not read my responses, well thats cool too. i welcome you to grab a spoon and eat my *** with your dead horse.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-03-20 03:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I stopped taking you seriously when you tried to tell me and i quote your logic

"If my THF is 37 and theres other 75 THF's in the LS i should have just as much right to lot TH4 hands as they should"

"Just because they have it 75 doesn't mean i shouldn't be allowed to lot for when i want to level it in the future"

Also there is being cute :3 just for you.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-03-20 03:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I see what you're saying, but like what I said earlier:

(quote wont work for some reason >.>)

If person A has RDM65, has 95% attendance, and 60 points, and person B has RDM75, has 35% attendance, and 60 points... then Person B can get the hat just because of the level difference?

From what you say, person B would get no matter what, is what I mean. Not talking about anyone elses shell right now :<
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-20 03:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Stuff like TH4 and RDM hat's will almost always go (AND SHOULD) to 75's who have been being patient for it.

If no 75's want then yeah 65 's go for it.

thats basically how it naturally happens for all of my groups. but every now and again someone has more points than someone else for a piece of equip they cant wear yet. as long as everyones following the rules, no one has any room to ***. that person getting pissy can be going after ***he wants now or for the future just as well, or quit.

again, in the 3 years+ weve been doing ***.. besides just people quitting for whatever reasons, no ones ever had a prob with anything. like i said, when everyones in the same boat, no one can *** about anything.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7