Out Dated Point System Or Not?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Out Dated Point system or not?
Out Dated Point system or not?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Caitsith.Blurr
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-20 06:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

stupid as *** in your opinion. and not to burst your bubble, but i could wipe my *** with your opinions.

if two people show up to a xarx run wanting thf mitts, they both have as much chance of getting. people can choose what they want, however they want. if i see 10 ppl on something i want, i can choose something NO one wants this time. or take my chance at going 1/1 on it over the 10 ppl maybe. no one gets any special treatment, and everyones rewarded with at least SOMETHING every run.

(our way of doing things that is again of course)

if ppl dont like it, they can quit anytime. there are a ton of regulars, and of course the revolving door. but idk, we have fun and get it done ::shrugs::, call it what you want.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-03-20 06:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Bahamut.Leonelf said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Damu said:
and they also had the cap system like clinpachi is talking about but they did away with it

No cap is ok for some shells... but my sky has a 100 point cap... and dynamis has a 60 point cap...

You can't just let someone build 1000 points and have them get gear from xarcabard for 6 points.. when they get 1 point... and continue to screw people for anything they want every time.

You have to draw the line somewhere in fairness.

If they have mostly veteran members and rarely accept new people i would just keep looking.

If it works for them that's fine...
ROFL talking about fairness, if the person who has built up to 1000 points, they must of been in LS for a long time and hasn't lotted anything yet. For all those works they deserve to get anything they want.
THAT is fairness.

Except you rule out 1000 points - 3 for a piece of dynamis gear... 1 for the run... that leaves the member at 998 points after getting something they want.

Being able to pick everything and anything you want over anyone for a LONG period of time.

It all depends on how it's done but for THAT example it seems a bit extreme.

^This

it wouldnt take long til you dont have any ppl left in your dyna ls except for the one person that can lot anything over anyone just because he wants to
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-20 06:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Bahamut.Leonelf said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Damu said:
and they also had the cap system like clinpachi is talking about but they did away with it

No cap is ok for some shells... but my sky has a 100 point cap... and dynamis has a 60 point cap...

You can't just let someone build 1000 points and have them get gear from xarcabard for 6 points.. when they get 1 point... and continue to screw people for anything they want every time.

If they have mostly veteran members and rarely accept new people i would just keep looking.

ROFL talking about fairness, if the person who has built up to 1000 points, they must of been in LS for a long time and hasn't lotted anything yet. For all those works they deserve to get anything they want.
THAT is fairness.

Except you rule out 1000 points - 3 for a piece of dynamis gear... 1 for the run... that leaves the member at 998 points after getting something they want.

Being able to pick everything and anything you want over anyone for a LONG period of time.

^This

it wouldnt take long til you dont have any ppl left in your dyna ls except for the one person that can lot anything over anyone just because he wants to

you would be surprised how many people out there stick with *** groups.. for verrry long periods of time.

(not in the slightest saying anyones here is like that.. just saying people out there definitely let themselves get taken advantage of by *** groups.. a LOT)
[+]
 Bahamut.Leonelf
Server: Bahamut
user: LeonPSP
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2010-03-20 06:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Bahamut.Leonelf said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Damu said:

THAT is fairness.

^This

Nah i was saying he could lot anything he wants but he must fullfill the requirements for it. But it's not like every item only drops once, there are plenty just be patient and wait for it you'll get the joy someday, there's no need for jealousy or hatress over someone in your LS just because they get it before you.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-03-20 06:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Leonelf said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Bahamut.Leonelf said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Damu said:

THAT is fairness.

^This

Nah i was saying he could lot anything he wants but he must fullfill the requirements for it. But it's not like every item only drops once, there are plenty just be patient and wait for it you'll get the joy someday, there's no need for jealousy or hatress over someone in your LS just because they get it before you.

keywords right there. This thread went from point system to what kind of requirements you need to lot for X items.
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2010-03-20 07:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cant believe I read this entire thing... Insomnia is a mother ***. But yeah, pretty much blurr is a *** moron. If I ever attended a run that allowed someone to lot a piece of gear that cant use it over someone that CAN use it, lets just say id not be attending any more runs with that group.
[+]
 Hades.Dizzmal
Server: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2010-03-20 08:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I think different rules work for different people.That is why there is so many different Linkshells. If you don't like the rules, go find a shell that you agree on. Before you ever run with a Linkshell, you should review the rules and requirement you will be required to follow.

That being said, the Linkshell I run with has the following rules:

Uncapped point system: If your a loyal member, you get rewarded by having the points for future jobs they are leveling.

65+ for city AF. Autosorted AF costs nothing.
70+ for icelands/dreamlands AF and others Belt/Cape etc...

I'm not saying that This is the best system in the world and all others are crap. This system works for me because it enables me to build points on the jobs I am best at while leveling the jobs I plan to have @ 75. With 65+/70+ system I can't lot over others untill I get close to being able to use the stuff.(Not that I would anyway, but others may not feel the same as me on that.) Still giving chances for the newer members to lot untill I get close to being able to use them.

I think that both new and old members are important, but I tend to lean more towards the core members that are dependable than the new members that may get THF hands then haul ***. That being said, there are requirements that every shell has to make to keep their members satisfied. W/e works for them, it's their choice to stay with a shell or find one they agree more with.

Odin.Feppharony
Server: Odin
user: iceman360
By Odin.Feppharony 2010-03-20 09:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

why would anyone lot/bid on an item you can't even wear? that is just greedy... I will personally pass an item that I can't use to make someone happy! but ow well, i guess some people/linkshell are greedy, like someone who keeps posting here and can't accept he's wrong... ^^,
/peace
[+]
 Carbuncle.Axle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-03-20 10:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Damu said:
Ok I just left a Dynamis LS recently because they are using what I believe to be an out dated points system and was curious to if I am wrong or not.

First you only get 1 point per run no matter when you get there (Example you show up and enter 20 minutes before finish)or when you leave. Drops by points City Relic cost 4 points Beaucedine drops cost 6 points Xarcabard/Tavnazia are 8 points and all accessories are 8 points. The only type of priority is you pick what set you want when you join and if you want to change you have to spend 8 points. When a piece of relic drops that multiple people need whoever has more points gets it even if the person with less points has been on the list longer.

I don't so much mind the cost of the drops as I do the amount of points given per run and the priority system. So am I wrong for thinking this system is out dated?

This system is meant for Hardwork = Drops, you show up all the time you get priority. Not gonna have some new 65+ thf or rdm out lot a member that has been doing it for a year straight. If you have a 1000 points, well then you have been in the LS forever and should have some sort of priority. Looks fair to me.

New ppl who want to do runs for a month and run away with all their af2 won't like it.
 Siren.Scottyb
Server: Siren
user: scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2010-03-20 11:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I would just like to put the linkshell that damu decided to leave point across.

I am not a leader nor do I represent the leadership with my opinion however I have been a member in Veethree for 2.5 years and I believe we are one of the longest running EU dynamis shells on Siren.

Now Veethree is friendly towards players no matter what their RL issues we have a basic rule that states if you would like to do dynamis but struggle to find the time then we only require you to put in 1h 30 to receive a point.

Now to some that might seem unfair but like I already stated we aren't all about drops if thats all you care about then I guess its not a good setup for people, however if like a lot of people dedicating a lot of a night simply isnt plausible for to do then we will help you out.

The point system has worked well up to now loyal members build up steady points whilst those who come and go get a few relic and choose to move on (like Damu).

Saying the point system is outdated is a matter of opinion I personally have never had a problem with it tbh and we even had nobody lined up for rdm hat so its not like people are waiting an age for their drops.

Lastly the main thing that annoys me is that Damu was reasonably new to the LS and didnt have that high of an attendance so to see him posting here about "suggesting" new rules and all that stuff is quite insulting.
By Craigb 2010-03-20 12:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I am also a member of the v3 ls for 2 years , tbh a think the point system
works well , these days I cannot dediate the time to attend runs so sometimes have to come into dyna late but being allowed to come in late and still get a point works in my favour as for other members, and those who have dedicated alot of time and built up alot of point and got ls to where they are now deserve to get the drops IMO, new memebers should build loyalty and points instead of just walking in and gettin any drop they want !!!
To be honest damu I think u are out of order to post bout v3, low attendance and **** pld, what more can I say!
 Shiva.Ergiyios
Server: Shiva
user: Ergiyios
By Shiva.Ergiyios 2010-03-20 12:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Count it!
 Carbuncle.Xandor
By Carbuncle.Xandor 2010-03-20 12:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want fair, then how is it fair that someone who attends full dyna runs everytime get the same points as someone who always shows up the last hour? I'm sure the ones that dont spend their time doing full dyna runs think it's all good and all.

But yea, it would piss me off as well. If I always stayed every dyna run from start to end, and see some guy always shows up for the last hour and get the same points as me.
 Siren.Scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2010-03-20 13:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes Xandor thats a fair point but I already stated the position of the linkshell and the rules/regulations are availible on the website to view before applying.

If its not your cup of tea then don't bother applying the fact that you would be pissed of is irrelevant as is the OP being pissed off ig you don't like it don't join.

I am the mule for dynamis on my 2nd account so therefore I am at the full run 95% of the time and I don't care that some people only stay 1h 30 if they have work, kids, girlfriends, husbands, wives etc, as long as they make an effort i'm happy.

Ifrit.Itazura
Server: Ifrit
user: Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2010-03-20 16:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems to be a matter granularity--how finely do you measure a person's effort.

For example, my current Dynamis LS uses a two points sytem: one for being there (as in half or more of the run), and one for being on-time and stayed until the end. It's meant to

A. Encourage people getting there earlier to make party/alliance building easier.
B. Make sure people who stay a substantial amount of time each run gets credited (as opposed to those who quietly 'd/c' after attendance is taken).
C. Allow those with RL obligations to make some progress even if they can only come a bit later or have to leave a bit earlier.

But, this means instead of taking attendance just once, someone has to take attendance several times during the run to catch the people who d/c and don't come back.

While it's already a bit bothersome (esp. since I'm usually the one taking attendance on Wednesdays!), I can imagine some LS slice it even finer, and take attendance hourly or even twice an hour, to more fairly measure each member's effort.

Whether an LS uses a 1 point, 2 point, 3 point, or a point every hour (or half an hour), as long as the members are spending the points as fast as they are getting them on the whole, things should balance out.

Which is why I don't like fixed point costs, since only the drop rate determines how fast a system can shed points. (I was too lazy to find out how to implement a bidding system with the forum software the LS leader used, so I pushed for (and got) a percentage based point cost for ice zone relic armors. heh.)

I was in an LS using an 1-point system for a long time. While it wasn't too bad overall for the LS due to the large number of people (i.e. Always enough people on-time to start the run), I did see a number of people abusing it by always coming in late, or mysteriously (but consistently) d/c'ing (and not returning) after half-way.

I would say a 2-point or 3-point system should work better for a medium to large LS's (to encourage better behavior), while a small LS can use an 1-point since everyone is pretty much a close friend of everyone else.
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-03-20 23:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I keep track of my points on my hand, I never wash it. Okay I lied but when I do wash it I write them back down again!
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-20 23:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

blurrs a *** idiot, blurrs a moron, yeah yeah yeah. i love when people dont understand or like something, they crucify it.

italicize im wrong, bold it, caps it, w.e.. people like the systems, and they work. theyve worked for a very long time now in fact.

people that dont wanna tie down themselves down to an ls with points and/or a long running system/s, that will inevitably screw them over most likely anyway, enjoy being able to run by run take a stab at w/e pieces they want. there are rules out there that wont even let you lot pieces from other sets until you complete the one set your currently working on.. but hey, if that works for you, different strokes for different folks.

i dont feel stupid or wrong in slightest either ^^, but thanks for stopin by trolls.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-03-21 00:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I read the first page and very quickly skipped over the last, so I have no idea what's happened in between.

Just figured I'd toss this in, in the couple of months I was running Kuponut, I attempted to make it possible for a Lv.65 member (we actually had a couple of these) to obtain regular AF, but you still needed Lv.73+ for Snow AF.

There was no cap on the number of points you could receive, but when you completed your Snow AF, then your points would be halved. So even if I saved up 1000 points and bid 50 on getting my BLM AF2 hat, I'm still only having 475 at the end of it.

Scottyb & Ashira: As much as you may find it "insulting" that a new member is making suggestions on rules in the LS, their opinion is just as valid as anyone elses. Depending on how they're presented, they should be given the same amount of thought as any officer or long standing member.
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2010-03-21 01:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Blurr said:
blurrs a *** idiot, blurrs a moron, yeah yeah yeah. i love when people dont understand or like something, they crucify it. italicize im wrong, bold it, caps it, w.e.. people like the systems, and they work. theyve worked for a very long time now in fact. people that dont wanna tie down themselves down to an ls with points and/or a long running system/s, that will inevitably screw them over most likely anyway, enjoy being able to run by run take a stab at w/e pieces they want. there are rules out there that wont even let you lot pieces from other sets until you complete the one set your currently working on.. but hey, if that works for you, different strokes for different folks. i dont feel stupid or wrong in slightest either ^^, but thanks for stopin by trolls.
Nope, I understand it fully. The only thing it sounds like to me is that your system promotes greedy, selfish, gear-whoring, douche bags. Anyone that is decent should pass something they cant use if there is someone that can actually get use out of it. Be happy for them for christs sake. I myself passed on a sorcerer's belt to a blm that could use it. My blm was only 66 at the time and was actively leveling it, and even though I was up for it I passed it.

Its common courtesy, but I guess that shouldnt matter in a shell with such high turnover rate (like you said yours was) where no one gives a ***about any other player.
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-03-21 01:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Quipto said:
Caitsith.Blurr said:
blurrs a *** idiot, blurrs a moron, yeah yeah yeah. i love when people dont understand or like something, they crucify it. italicize im wrong, bold it, caps it, w.e.. people like the systems, and they work. theyve worked for a very long time now in fact. people that dont wanna tie down themselves down to an ls with points and/or a long running system/s, that will inevitably screw them over most likely anyway, enjoy being able to run by run take a stab at w/e pieces they want. there are rules out there that wont even let you lot pieces from other sets until you complete the one set your currently working on.. but hey, if that works for you, different strokes for different folks. i dont feel stupid or wrong in slightest either ^^, but thanks for stopin by trolls.
Nope, I understand it fully. The only thing it sounds like to me is that your system promotes greedy, selfish, gear-whoring, douche bags. Anyone that is decent should pass something they cant use if there is someone that can actually get use out of it. Be happy for them for christs sake. I myself passed on a sorcerer's belt to a blm that could use it. My blm was only 66 at the time and was actively leveling it, and even though I was up for it I passed it.

Its common courtesy, but I guess that shouldnt matter in a shell with such high turnover rate (like you said yours was) where no one gives a ***about any other player.

AND HOLY CRAP ITS A VIDEO GAME, NOT LIKE PEOPLE PLAY IT TO WIN STUFF.. THOSE GREEDY SELFCENTERED ***, WHY DONT THEY JUST START HNM SHELLS AND STEAL THE BANK
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-21 02:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

you all keep talking like its 3 ppl raping 30 lol

everyone has the same odds getting what they want, EVERY run. and if you dont get the piece or two you wanted, you still go home with cash. as ive said a million times now, it works for us, and it has for a long time. if you wanna run with a system saying your 9th in line for chapeau or cuffs (if the shells even around still 1-2 yrs later), by all means go ahead. all i was ever trying to say is it doesnt have to be that way >.>

troll on tho nubs, troll on ^^
[+]
 Siren.Scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2010-03-21 11:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitetsu I completely agree with you, the point was made and it was explained why the changes would not take place, this resulted in the said member complaining that the Leaders take no notice of members opinions and then he left the LS, it is the response to the reason which I found insulting not the original suggestion. (the feeling that the OP was entitled to an actual change).

Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-03-21 11:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The struggle of the Old vets vs New recruits

I never liked point system and rare drops are bs in my books

reason I stop playing D:

Gilgamesh.Tirantus
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tirantus
By Gilgamesh.Tirantus 2010-03-21 13:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Broken system or not, a lot of Dynamis LS's are going to have to seriously rethink the systems they use. With the level cap raise one of two things will happen. 1. no one cares about dynamis anymore and it dies. or 2. assuming they don't lvl cap it. People give the middle finger to ls's that use overly complicated/unfair/convoluted point systems and just get 8 or 9 friends together and low man farm for af2 drops.

The winds of change are a'comin and I get the feeling a fair number of current end game ls's (across the board, not just dyna) aren't going to survive the transition.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-03-21 13:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Read the first 3 pages then skipped to end.

Blurr is right though. Lvl requirements are stupid.

If I'm leveling a new job I'd prefer to ding into as much gear as possible. Inc. thf hands or rdm hat.

People that show up the most should be able to lot the most.
[+]
 Hades.Silas
user: Silas
By Hades.Silas 2010-03-21 13:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest, what a person does with a piece of gear is irreverent to the leader/ls group- I.E. lotting on BRD relic and not using it outside of dyanmis

If you have the points, the time, and desire for a piece of gear, by all means you should lot it...after all, you earned the right to say ' i want this piece' by putting forth effort. end of story

i was lucky enough to get some pup relic no one wanted, pup was 8 @ the time, and its almost high enough to use it...for some, it might be motivation to level a job, for others, its preparation for a planned job they wish to level

w/e the reason, it should not matter-they paid their dues, and get their rewards
 Hades.Zandra
user: Zandra7
By Hades.Zandra 2010-03-21 14:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Blurr I must say I disagree with you. I run my own dynamis shell and to be honest, I've kicked members for lotting/commenting jobs they don't have leveled to 65+ period. He was a good DD too, but the bottom line is newer members will not stay unless they get a decent shot at getting gear, (esp when city drops are free). If you have 3 members always getting the gear, it turns off all the newer players, and you cannot solely rely on regulars alone, you never have enough of them (at least I don't).

By Damu 2010-03-21 16:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

First off Id like to say *** Scottyb because I didnt just get a few pieces and leav alsoe I got tired of the supposed 90 minutes ruke not being enforced and people receiving the dame amount of points for less time the I was putting in 2nd reason I left was because we start 2 hours late every run because people never show up on time and again those of us who do have to wait. so basically what you are saying its ok to convienence those who are late because of real life but at the same time inconvience us who show up on time with late run times.
[+]
By Damu 2010-03-21 16:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

end thread
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7