Low-man Sky yumm
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Sylph.Izey
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Izey
By Sylph.Izey 2009-11-12 05:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

~So me and some Dyna-LS mates lookin for a few VERY skilled players o.O?
Yea anyway... lookin for some good players to do sky
with us on Mondays around 5pm EST or so. We're trying to keep maximum no more than 18, but minimum of 12 members. The distribution of drops will be done though lotting according to what pops each member helps farm. If your interested please let me know, or Ashrian in game, thanks alot. ^^V

~~~P.S. We also run late night Dynamis, Mon/Thr. 11:30 pm EST. Trying recruit some DD's so we can go for Dynalord, contact me in game about that too =)
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-12 05:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lowman sky's like. 2-5 people. :< 8 for Kirin, etc. <_<;

Goodluck with your hunts, though.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-12 06:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done Kirin with 5.

And solo'd 3 of the 4 gods.

You have a weird idea of low-man.
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-11-12 06:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

A good party of 6 can clear all of sky (byakko and kirin are slight exceptions).

Byakko and kirin are low-man-able, but a little more difficult and require people to be really good.

Personally I have never done Kirin with less than 12, but have seen screen shots of 5-6man kills (never quite figured out how, as his regen is annoying).
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-12 08:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you kill Kirin with 5?
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-11-12 08:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
How do you kill Kirin with 5?

Soul voice 4 apoc drks and go kamikaze? O.o

Idk kirin with 5 doesnt sound realistic.... must take hours and insane gear...

Edit: GL with your linkshell btw :)
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-12 08:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
I've done Kirin with 5.

I'd like to know how.
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-11-12 08:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

From the strats I have seen;

It require people being able to hold/kite kirin solo (which means magic defence gear and movement speed).

It requires people to change jobs straight after you kill all 4 pets (and get back to sky asap).

It requires a long and slow fight (although still never figured out how they beat the regen).

DRKs are pretty bad for kirin zergs, as they require HP to do damage, and he likes to spam big AOE spells and TP moves (and astral flow). MNK, WAR and SAM does a lot better job meleeing him down.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-12 08:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't seem like a viable strategy if you need to leave one solo kiter on his own. Sooner or later he's going to get some bad luck that will kill him.
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-11-12 08:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Doesn't seem like a viable strategy if you need to leave one solo kiter on his own. Sooner or later he's going to get some bad luck that will kill him.

a) I haven't done this (I am only reporting what I have read about it)
b) There is a massive difference between viable (something you can do repeatedly and win) and possible (something you can fluke once or twice).

Hades.Dizzmal
Server: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-11-12 08:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Argettio said:
DRKs are pretty bad for kirin zergs, as they require HP to do damage, and he likes to spam big AOE spells and TP moves (and astral flow). MNK, WAR and SAM does a lot better job meleeing him down.

Not sure what kind of zergs you are doing, but very rarely does anything but a Drk win Kirin zerg parses in our LS. We normal have 2-4 Drk zergers(1Kc,2-3 Kris) and Kirin never get a chance to do anything but AF. Even with that a Divine Seal + Curaga IV = most of party back @ full health bar high hp Drks or mnks.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-12 08:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Argettio said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:

a) I haven't done this (I am only reporting what I have read about it)
b) There is a massive difference between viable (something you can do repeatedly and win) and possible (something you can fluke once or twice).

Oh, no need to explain. I know we're on the same wavelength, heh.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-12 08:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Siren.Enternius said:
I've done Kirin with 5.

I'd like to know how.
SCH makes it pretty easy. An unresisted Anemohelix alone offsets Kirin's Regen by quite a bit.

It's not that tough, just takes like 4 hours.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-12 08:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Siren.Enternius said:
I've done Kirin with 5.

I'd like to know how.
SCH makes it pretty easy. An unresisted Anemohelix alone offsets Kirin's Regen by quite a bit.

It's not that tough, just takes like 4 hours.

Helix does 200 hp / tick? And what other jobs do you use? Who kites? How do you deal with adds?
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-11-12 08:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

4 hours on a Kirin does not seem worth it to me personally, especially if after those 4 hours he only drops an ingot or something.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-12 08:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Excesspain said:
4 hours on a Kirin does not seem worth it to me personally, especially if after those 4 hours he only drops an ingot or something.

I was thinking that as well, but as I run my own shell, I'd like to explore ways of killing Kirin with fewer people to get people drops quicker. Even if they are unrealistic and hard to believe, the fact it's possible leaves it open to exploration.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-11-12 08:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Unicorn.Excesspain said:
I was thinking that as well, but as I run my own shell, I'd like to explore ways of killing Kirin with fewer people to get people drops quicker. Even if they are unrealistic and hard to believe, the fact it's possible leaves it open to exploration.

Low manning won't necessarily get you drops quicker. I would say bringing more people then killing multiple pops would in theory get you drops quicker.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-12 08:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Excesspain said:
Low manning won't necessarily get you drops quicker. I would say bringing more people then killing multiple pops would in theory get you drops quicker.

I was thinking more not having to rely on having the majority of people there. If we only need ten to kill it, we can pop it with ten and get those ten some drops, rather than wait for another ten to show up. ^^
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
Server: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-12 08:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Excesspain said:
I'd still do it since it's something I haven't done yet. 4 hours of Kirin or 4 hrs of farming...I'd go with the first.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-12 08:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Helix does 200 hp / tick? And what other jobs do you use? Who kites? How do you deal with adds?
1)You just made that up. Kirin has roughly 30-50/tic Regen. Not even really a factor if you can stick Poison, all 3 DoTs, Bio III, and a ~150 Helix.
2)NIN/DRK RDM/NIN RDM/NIN SCH/RDM BLM/RDM. NIN kites, minigods are very easy when Kirin summons them. Lower level than even Zipacna and if the four mages can't at least hold them at that point, they're not well-suited to low-man anything.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-12 08:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
1)You just made that up. Kirin has roughly 30-50/tic Regen. Not even really a factor if you can stick Poison, all 3 DoTs, Bio III, and a ~150 Helix.
2)NIN/DRK RDM/NIN RDM/NIN SCH/RDM BLM/RDM. NIN kites, minigods are very easy when Kirin summons them. Lower level than even Zipacna and if the four mages can't at least hold them at that point, they're not well-suited to low-man anything.

Kirin's estimated to have 20,000 hit points as far as I know. When he's left idle with no means of damage, he regenerates 1% of his health in 5 seconds. This implies

20,000 / 100 = 200 (1% of his health)

Every 5 seconds would be 200/5 = 40, which implies a regen of 40 HP a tick, give or take.

So yeah, you're right, I don't know where I got that from. I was thinking of 1% of his health, not his regen.

Either way, how do you hold Byakko? It's impossible to hold him solo. Impossible. Need to post videos before I, and probably a lot of other people, believe you on that one.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-12 09:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Well when you consider a weakened LV1 Taru SMN with no avatars can pretty easily hold Genbu, that leaves 4 mages free for 3 gods.
Get all your mages on whichever pops first and kill it before the last one pops, then honestly Byakko can be straight-tanked by a RDM/NIN with capped Slow II, while the mages eat its low (Lowest of the mini gods) HP.
Byakko's only hard because of its TP moves and EVA, neither of which affect mages if you're not giving it enough TP to do anything.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-12 09:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Well when you consider a weakened LV1 Taru SMN with no avatars can pretty easily hold Genbu, that leaves 4 mages free for 3 gods.
Get all your mages on whichever pops first and kill it before the last one pops, then honestly Byakko can be straight-tanked by a RDM/NIN with capped Slow II, while the mages eat its low (Lowest of the mini gods) HP.
Byakko's only hard because of its TP moves and EVA, neither of which affect mages if you're not giving it enough TP to do anything.

I don't believe that a mixture of three of RDM, RDM, SCH and BLM can kill the lesser gods faster than Kirin can summon them. I think we're going to need some proof for this.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-12 09:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

And I'm not saying you can kill them faster than he can summon them. I'm saying you'll likely be able to kill at least one before all four are up. If that's Seiryu, Suzaku, or Byakko, then that basically leaves 4 mages for two gods once the first one is down. Seriously, throw out a 2hr or two and the second one can be down also, before any hint of trouble arises.

As for not believing me, that's fine. Believe what you must. I'm not forcing you to go out and find 4 people to do Kirin with.
[+]
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
Server: Caitsith
user: Bloodlust
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2009-11-12 09:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Including the Lv1 SMN into your stratergy makes it 6-man rather than 5 though, right?
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-12 09:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
And I'm not saying you can kill them faster than he can summon them. I'm saying you'll likely be able to kill at least one before all four are up. If that's Seiryu, Suzaku, or Byakko, then that basically leaves 4 mages for two gods once the first one is down. Seriously, throw out a 2hr or two and the second one can be down also, before any hint of trouble arises.

As for not believing me, that's fine. Believe what you must. I'm not forcing you to go out and find 4 people to do Kirin with.

A NIN/DRK has a very remote chance of surviving solo on Kirin if it's not night time, and even then, it's going to be difficult when Kirin summons and everyone else is too busy to pull the add off him. If it was a giant, one way track the NIN was running along, he could out run them, but with two or more chasing him around a circular room, no amount of skill is going to stop him from dying.

As for the adds, you just don't have enough firepower to kill them as quickly as you're claiming. If the Black Mage nukes to the best of his ability, he's going to pull hate and get owned, which means you're even more restricted than the setup would imply.
[+]
 Bahamut.Illyst
Server: Bahamut
user: illyst
By Bahamut.Illyst 2009-11-12 09:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Kirin can be done with 7. 3 KC Drks, 1 Whm, 2 Brds, 1 Thf. Brds SV min/march, pop, thf feint, drk go at it, whm bene @ kirin AF, win.
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-12 09:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Amnesia said:
4 hours on kirin is a waste of time, period, regardless if it is or isn't true.

This.

Also *** these thread and paper theory. Screenshots, videos, FACTS or gtfo.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-12 09:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
A NIN/DRK has a very remote chance of surviving solo on Kirin if it's not night time, and even then, it's going to be difficult when Kirin summons and everyone else is too busy to pull the add off him. If it was a giant, one way track the NIN was running along, he could out run them, but with two or more chasing him around a circular room, no amount of skill is going to stop him from dying.
I don't see what the problem is. I've kited Kirin solo for half an hour on RNG without any movement speed and /WAR. You're really overestimating it. Just stop trying to cast spells all the time and Kirin can't do a thing that could hurt you, until Astral Flow.

As for the adds, when they're summoned, they're also easily Stunned, giving a RDM ample time to claim it.
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
As for the adds, you just don't have enough firepower to kill them as quickly as you're claiming. If the Black Mage nukes to the best of his ability, he's going to pull hate and get owned, which means you're even more restricted than the setup would imply.
They have 8k HP and virtually 0 chance of resisting a nuke. What more do you need to know?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6