Forum » FFXI » Servers » Sylph » Low-man Sky yumm
Low-man Sky yumm
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-11-12 10:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Have to agree with wooooood here, have yet to see a kiter kite from start to finish on kirin in a hours fight w/o getting hit. Maybe it can be done, but personally I'd think its more down to luck than anything, only takes 2 secs for him to close the gap while you turning a corner and cast sleepga to ruin things.
[+]
 Hades.Dizzmal
Server: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-11-12 10:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I would be difficult. Not saying it would be impossible, Just difficult to do it 100% of the time.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-12 10:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Not that this has been used, because he would have mentioned it, but poison potion pamama au laut is a simple fix to sleepga.

Still wipes shadows and stops you from running briefly, which is the dangerous part. It will increase the chance of Kirin gaining on you and TPing you, which through shadows, has the ability to one shot people (Deadly Hold). Also, you'll have to re-apply these all the time, which will be difficult if you're kiting.
I'm totally on your side here, but it's still a much better solution than just hoping to not get hit, reapplying isn't an issue as you can easily do it when he casts stone V.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-12 10:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Dizzmal said:
Yea I would be difficult. Not saying it would be impossible, Just difficult to do it 100% of the time.

Same, not saying it's not possible, but Enternius is making it sound like everyone fails because they can't do it when that's just not the case. The biggest part is luck, if Kirin stopped to cast Quake everytime I could solo kite on BST1.
[+]
 Hades.Dizzmal
Server: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-11-12 10:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

lol ya. Everyone gets smacked every now and again.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-12 10:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't want to believe it, then don't believe it.

You're trying to convince ME that I haven't done something that I already know I've done. Where is the logic behind that? Trying to tell me everything I know is wrong?

Or is it just because since you can't do it, it's impossible? That's a bit self-centered, don't you think?

Believe what you want, but I wouldn't be sitting here arguing with overzealous elitists, if I didn't believe it was possible. I've seen it myself, and I've done it myself, so I know it was true. And I don't really care what you believe but that's good enough for me.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-12 10:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not about trying to tell you that you can't do something that you know you've done, it's about asking for some kind of proof. I find it hard to believe you wouldn't take a screeny of that sort of effort for a start. But not only that, nobody here has any faith in your self-confidence, so it's all about you convincing US that you're not lying, and so far, you're doing a poor job of it.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-12 10:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
You're trying to convince ME that I haven't done something that I already know I've done. Where is the logic behind that? Trying to tell me everything I know is wrong?

No, we're trying to contradict your points so that you in turn contradicts ours and inform us of how it's done. The whole point of this discussion is me trying to crease out the facts from your argument, so that I learn from it. As outlined in one of my first posts:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
I was thinking that as well, but as I run my own shell, I'd like to explore ways of killing Kirin with fewer people to get people drops quicker. Even if they are unrealistic and hard to believe, the fact it's possible leaves it open to exploration.

Moving on...
Siren.Enternius said:
Or is it just because since you can't do it, it's impossible? That's a bit self-centered, don't you think?

I wouldn't say anyone is adopting that viewpoint to be honest. I think you're overreacting to what should've been expected criticism from a claim that contradicts the mainstream opinion so much. Nobody's saying it's impossible; and everytime we've pointed this out to you, you've just gone off on one of these "Well I'm right, I don't care if you don't believe me" speeches. Doesn't really reinforce your point of view very well, mate.
Siren.Enternius said:
Believe what you want, but I wouldn't be sitting here arguing with overzealous elitists, if I didn't believe it was possible.

Everyone who's contributed to this discussion has displayed their willigness to discuss this and maintained an open mind about it. Calling us elitist, when you're the only one going "Well I said this, it's true, I don't care if you don't believe me, I know I'm right", is just hypocritical. There is also no need for the name calling, we can do without that.
Siren.Enternius said:
I've seen it myself, and I've done it myself, so I know it was true. And I don't really care what you believe but that's good enough for me.

If you don't care what we believe and you know you're right, why are you still discussing it? You can't say you don't care and show so much anger and emotion, lol.
[+]
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
Server: Bahamut
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-11-12 10:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya all know a video would be great to prove or disprove this heated discussion. Since no one has provided one I'd wager that no one has been able to solo kite kirin then.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-11-12 10:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

searched kirin + kite on youtube for fun, this was one of the results:

[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-12 11:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
searched kirin kite on youtube for fun, this was one of the results:

Hahaha... What on earth...
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-12 11:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Kiting Kirin sucks.

When burning has become common (including shouts of it all the time) then I don't see why people still kite anymore.

Unless you want results now, of course. Having a player who is a PLD only would = no room for burning, so they don't get the chance to lot the W.Legs. Does that PLD only stop and cry "unfair" at this point of the game? If he does, then he will never get his W.Legs period, no matter how long he has been a PLD (length of time is no longer relevent anymore, anyone who argues that s/he/it has been XXX player since NA release just proves that he is limited on thinking compacity, since DDs and Mages are (enter sarcasm) SOOOOO hard to learn (exit sarcasm)).

Any sky shell who wishes to kill Kirin should have the basic 18 man setup JUST for killing Kirin. That doesn't mean that all 18 members has to be on for the other gods/farms and that only having 17 members = no farm today. You can still lowman ***all you want, but to kill Kirin (without taking 2-3 hours of everyone's time) means you need 18 people to do so.

Open debate!
 Siren.Goren
user: Goren
By Siren.Goren 2009-11-12 11:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Vids would be awesome for proof of solos. Since you are claiming to be a new Avesta.
2. Names of people you 5 manned (6 counting taru) since i'm on the same server.
3. I kite on mnk alot (chi blast) and i try to keep a good distance from him 25-30" before i stop to check if he's casting/running at me. I've had sleepga land on me from 27".

Its a matter of luck as a lot of people have said, but a video or screenshot with your name+5 others would be nice to help the non-believers.
[+]
 Shiva.Nightraid
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-11-12 11:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Honest opinion i HIGHLY doubt a nin/drk can kite Kirin with no support, you probably could if a whm was running along with you, a rdm/nin would have better luck with it, bear in mind you have to stop to cast if you are doing Kite/DoT/Nuke to keep hate, which makes you open to -Aga's.

Sprinters shoes suck for kiting, NIN AF1 boots don't last forever only Night. Does NIN even have any Magic Defense? A Stonega would pretty much *** a NIN up.

I don't know as i have never kited him but i'm just taking a well reasoned guess.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-12 11:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nightraid said:
Does NIN even have any Magic Defense? A Stonega would pretty much *** a NIN up.
I think it would be safely assumed that no, a NIN doesn't have any good magic defense (either on traits, or on INT/MND stats).

While a Stonaga would *** them up, unless they had less than 90% HP, I doubt they would die. Too many bodies to absorb it with the NIN.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-12 11:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

We're thinking solo, remember. So there would be nobody to absorb it. Ninja has no native magic defense bonus traits or boosts, but access to a decent variety of magic defense and hit point gear, so it may be possible to survive a stonega, but then you're running around on critical health with no shadows and no time to recast as Kirin's running after you.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-12 11:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
We're thinking solo, remember. So there would be nobody to absorb it. Ninja has no native magic defense bonus traits or boosts, but access to a decent variety of magic defense and hit point gear, so it may be possible to survive a stonega, but then you're running around on critical health with no shadows and no time to recast as Kirin's running after you.
Oh, my bad.

I jumped on this convo half way, didn't bother to read back because I didn't think that it would be considered that a NIN/DRK solo....

Wait, NIN/DRK solo Kirin? How?

Elemental Wheel?

Stun that doesn't work?

Drain?

Souleater Mijin?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-12 11:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Oh, my bad.

I jumped on this convo half way, didn't bother to read back because I didn't think that it would be considered that a NIN/DRK solo....

Wait, NIN/DRK solo Kirin? How?

Elemental Wheel?

Stun that doesn't work?

Drain?

Souleater Mijin?

Just solo kiting, but without any buffs, healing or support from mages. So literally, the definition of solo kiting.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-12 11:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Where's the damage?

Damage enough to offset the Auto-Regen (if it still exists, its been a while since I killed Kirin the "kite" way)
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-11-12 12:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Even resisted I'm pretty sure Stun generates the same amount of hate.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-12 12:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Excesspain said:
Even resisted I'm pretty sure Stun generates the same amount of hate.

But if you're soloing something, what use is hate building?
 Shiva.Nightraid
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-11-12 12:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Enternius was talking about a NIN solo kiting with a lowman party? Not about a NIN soloing Kirin as in by him/herself lol
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-12 12:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nightraid said:
I think Enternius was talking about a NIN solo kiting with a lowman party? Not about a NIN soloing Kirin as in by him/herself lol

He was talking about kiting solo without support.
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-12 12:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently having 5 mages in your party still means you're solo.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-12 12:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Apparently having 5 mages in your party still means you're solo.

You yourself said it, so I don't understand the point in your snippy comment on this occasion.
 Siren.Pantmonkey
By Siren.Pantmonkey 2009-11-12 12:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Iv co tanked Kirin with a PLD/NIN. I was on NIN/DRK, as you can guess from my first hate cycle > last resort > souleater the PLD was ignored for the entire fight.

During the 55mins or so running in circles i dont remember getting sleepga'd once. I had mages in my PT, but i remember outside of refresh they did little else, they even got bored of haste and gave up.

Depending on day / time etc does he always spam sleepga? Cos iv tanked him a few times, and dont ever remember being hit.

Also the Screen shot thing: I solo'd chary for Joyuese on NIN/DNC. Was so hyped / filled with addrenaline i didnt screen shot, i went shouting my mouth off in LS :D

Iv watched ent solo Kaiser Behe with no real trouble, im more interest how adds would work, than the kite. They've wiped my LS's @10 before due to Suzy chain > Byakko.

P.M
By Oberron 2009-11-12 12:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

are you guys idiots? i for one know how easy it is to kite kirin, especially when its not being damaged. when u dont have to stop to get hate here and there, the fact that with only sprinters shoes, u can stay ahead of it in indefinately, combined with the frequency of kirins stops to cast, makes it entirely plausible to kite him as long as need be, with some practice.
now, i've never done this, but back when I did sky, i'd kite it and have a rdm keep an eye on me in case i spaced out and got hit with a sleepga.
with the mini's really do only have 8k hp, then i cant forsee any reason why they cant be killed in a timely manner by 3 or 4 nukers.
those of you most vehemently opposed to this just come off as noobs, really.
 Shiva.Nightraid
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-11-12 12:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Oberron said:
are you guys idiots? i for one know how easy it is to kite kirin, especially when its not being damaged. when u dont have to stop to get hate here and there, the fact that with only sprinters shoes, u can stay ahead of it in indefinately, combined with the frequency of kirins stops to cast, makes it entirely plausible to kite him as long as need be, with some practice.
now, i've never done this, but back when I did sky, i'd kite it and have a rdm keep an eye on me in case i spaced out and got hit with a sleepga.
with the mini's really do only have 8k hp, then i cant forsee any reason why they cant be killed in a timely manner by 3 or 4 nukers.
those of you most vehemently opposed to this just come off as noobs, really.

Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-12 12:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Oberron said:
are you guys idiots? i for one know how easy it is to kite kirin, especially when its not being damaged. when u dont have to stop to get hate here and there, the fact that with only sprinters shoes, u can stay ahead of it in indefinately, combined with the frequency of kirins stops to cast, makes it entirely plausible to kite him as long as need be, with some practice. now, i've never done this, but back when I did sky, i'd kite it and have a rdm keep an eye on me in case i spaced out and got hit with a sleepga. with the mini's really do only have 8k hp, then i cant forsee any reason why they cant be killed in a timely manner by 3 or 4 nukers. those of you most vehemently opposed to this just come off as noobs, really.
Excuse me, what is the point of poping Kirin then, if you are not going to kill it?

Does the mini gods drop ***that I'm not aware of?