Low-man Sky yumm
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Diabolos.Crabcakes
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Oberron
By Diabolos.Crabcakes 2009-11-12 12:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

you can leave kirin yellow when initially kiting it, so you dont have to worry about hate, or losing your sprinter shoes >.> once the mini's are dead, its not a solo kite any more, is it?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-12 12:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Pantmonkey said:
Iv co tanked Kirin with a PLD/NIN. I was on NIN/DRK, as you can guess from my first hate cycle > last resort > souleater the PLD was ignored for the entire fight.

During the 55mins or so running in circles i dont remember getting sleepga'd once. I had mages in my PT, but i remember outside of refresh they did little else, they even got bored of haste and gave up.

Depending on day / time etc does he always spam sleepga? Cos iv tanked him a few times, and dont ever remember being hit.

Also the Screen shot thing: I solo'd chary for Joyuese on NIN/DNC. Was so hyped / filled with addrenaline i didnt screen shot, i went shouting my mouth off in LS :D

Iv watched ent solo Kaiser Behe with no real trouble, im more interest how adds would work, than the kite. They've wiped my LS's @10 before due to Suzy chain > Byakko.

P.M

Key word is co-tanked. Do you think you could kite solo without someone healing or buffing you, or without another kiter pulling hate off you if you're in trouble?

As for Sleepga, by no means does he spam it; infact, I'd say he favours his earth based magic. However, he still uses it, and this would end up getting a solo kiter one shot, so the danger is always there. On your own, every action is on you; so the likelihood of being slept is much higher solo. And when you're solo, that's curtains.

And this is the whole point this discussion has revolved around; to kite solo you'd have to avoid every single action, which Enternius claims he's done; and which he's insulted everyone arguing against him's skill over.
Oberron said:
are you guys idiots? i for one know how easy it is to kite kirin, especially when its not being damaged. when u dont have to stop to get hate here and there, the fact that with only sprinters shoes, u can stay ahead of it in indefinately, combined with the frequency of kirins stops to cast, makes it entirely plausible to kite him as long as need be, with some practice.

Solo? On your own? With no healing? No buffs? Prove it.
 Siren.Pantmonkey
Server: Siren
By Siren.Pantmonkey 2009-11-12 12:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

He means u dont hurt Kirin until the mini's are dead, once thier dead you then have support from mages on NIN/DRK and are no longer on solo.

I got what he meant.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-12 12:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Crabcakes said:
you can leave kirin yellow when initially kiting it, so you dont have to worry about hate, or losing your sprinter shoes >.> once the mini's are dead, its not a solo kite any more, is it?

Well you clearly know what you're talking about, because Kirin spawns claimed.
 Siren.Pantmonkey
By Siren.Pantmonkey 2009-11-12 12:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Co Tanked when he didnt have hate once, thus i solo'd and he was there if i died, which i didnt. A Co tank who stands there flashing every 30 secs doesnt exactly count
 Diabolos.Crabcakes
By Diabolos.Crabcakes 2009-11-12 12:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

prove what? that kirin stops to cast every time he comes within range? that he doesnt run faster than CC's + sprinters? or that i'm not HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE enough to stand still and cast on him allowing him to catch up?
 Diabolos.Crabcakes
By Diabolos.Crabcakes 2009-11-12 12:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

i havent fought him for years, forgive me if he doesnt pop yellow, that doesnt change my point tho
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-12 12:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Crabcakes said:
prove what? that kirin stops to cast every time he comes within range? that he doesnt run faster than CC's sprinters? or that i'm not HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE enough to stand still and cast on him allowing him to catch up?

Monsters don't cast spells all the time. One Rasp and Kirin will catch up and wipe your Sprinters enhancement off. Then you're down to 12%.

And by prove it, I mean, prove you've kited solo, entirely on your own. Your words are not proof.
Diabolos.Crabcakes said:
i havent fought him for years, forgive me if he doesnt pop yellow, that doesnt change my point tho

I fought him two weeks ago, I think that gives my argument a little more credability than someone who fought him years ago.
 Siren.Pantmonkey
By Siren.Pantmonkey 2009-11-12 12:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If ur PT claims the mini's and ur just kiting, w/o casting spells on him i beleive he does actually go unclaimed. So ur not wrong.
 Siren.Kuz
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-11-12 12:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been following this thread all morning for shits and giggles...
and I think I can bottom line my opinion with the age-old "Pics/Vid or it didn't happen"

Because I can honestly say, in a forum, that I can eat Coal and ***Diamonds...
And if you don't believe that... well touch luck and who cares.
BECAUSE...
Siren.Enternius said:
Believe what you want, but I wouldn't be sitting here arguing with overzealous elitists, if I didn't believe it was possible. I've seen it myself, and I've done it myself, so I know it was true. And I don't really care what you believe but that's good enough for me.
[+]
 Diabolos.Crabcakes
By Diabolos.Crabcakes 2009-11-12 12:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

when you pop him on the run, with sprinters on, you can get a great initial lead. combine that with the fact that he nearly always casts a big spell right away, you can be on the other side of the room from him. i've never low manned kirin, but kited him many times, why would i screenshot myself running in circles for half an hour?
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-12 12:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, lets assume the following:

1 person pops Kirin outside of alliance (meaning 17 people are already lined up just to kill adds, then invite the extra kiter and proceed to kill).

How long would it take before the kiter dies without support?

Some say never, because it won't touch him.

Some say before the adds finish poping, because of a well positioned Sleepga (no matter how fast you run, if he pops in a Sleepga, you are screwed).

Do I got the points of the debate down right?
 Siren.Pantmonkey
By Siren.Pantmonkey 2009-11-12 12:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes pretty much, except the point is ent is saying you can kill the mini's will 4 mages if your good. Thats the bit id find harder than the kite
 Diabolos.Crabcakes
By Diabolos.Crabcakes 2009-11-12 12:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

as far as i can tell^^
 Shiva.Nightraid
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-11-12 12:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Wtf where did all the posts go @_@
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-12 12:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Crabcakes said:
when you pop him on the run, with sprinters on, you can get a great initial lead. combine that with the fact that he nearly always casts a big spell right away, you can be on the other side of the room from him. i've never low manned kirin, but kited him many times, why would i screenshot myself running in circles for half an hour?

Sometimes he spawns and takes a swing at the spawner before casting his spells, so already a lot of this depends on the luck of whether he'll catch a swing in. However, in the event he doesn't, the Sprinters Shoes won't last forever. Sooner or later he will get a melee swing in; one casting of Rasp will be enough. Where is the misconception of yours and Enternius's that Kirin runs slower than you? He has faster than 12% movement speed and will always run straight at you. I really can't believe anyone would think they'll never get touched by Kirin. Honestly, it's just wrong. It'd be like saying Absolute Virtue can be soloed by a RDM/NIN. It's just ***.

We're asking for proof of people kiting Kirin solo and not being touched (this includes shadows absorbing an attack, evading, etc) the entire time. Not plain kiting. I've kited Kirin loads and never screenshotted it either.

So our continuous efforts for proof, or a thorough explanation as to how it's done, of not being touched by Kirin have so far been met with "Well you don't need to believe me, I'm know I'm right". Isn't that funny? It wouldn't kill Enternius to actually try and argue his ground rather than throw that around.

I have to go fix some dinner, I'll catch up when I'm done!
[+]
 Diabolos.Crabcakes
By Diabolos.Crabcakes 2009-11-12 12:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

AV will draw you in, ***. come on!
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-12 12:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
It wouldn't kill Enternius to actually try and argue his ground rather than throw that around.

Sorry, kiddo. Not really in the mood to argue with a wall today.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-11-12 12:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

No amount of SS will prove/disprove that this is possible.

Video or GTFO!
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-12 12:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:

Lovely, yet more insults. That's certainly how you convince people you're right. We ask for your argument, you insult us.

And you call me kiddo? I lol'd at the irony. What a *** idiot you are.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-12 12:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Wooooodum said:
It wouldn't kill Enternius to actually try and argue his ground rather than throw that around.
Instead of arguing with a wall, try to argue with a door. Sometimes it will let you in.
 Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-11-12 12:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote seems to be broken, so here's something for all of the people doubting the ability to easily kite Kirin...

I kited him for 5-10 minutes on WHM/BLM once with very little trouble and no movement speed gear.

The trick is to stay the right distance away where he's always TRYING to do things to you, but with only a few steps, you can misfire it. Use the long duration casts such as Quake and Stone V to recast stuff that you need to recast. It's really THAT SIMPLE.

Kiting around the circular room and getting pinned in a corner is easy to avoid, too. The trick to that is NOT GETTING TOO FAR AHEAD OF KIRIN. If you get too far away, he will try to cut across the room instead of following you.

Only get JUST far enough away to he tries to us TP moves and spells, when he does, misfire it, wait until he's about to move then run until he tries one again, get out of range, wait for misfire, then run again, repeat.

I did it out of desperation on a night when I was WHM in the kite party and someone effed up on Suzaku and got a pile of people killed, followed by the puller being slow on Byakko and getting the NIN/DRK wasted. It was frantic and I was solo kiting WHM/BLM on my own with no external Haste, Refresh, etc.

I had learned how to kite him by watching one of my BLM friends do it when he'd yank hate and have to wait for a tank to get it back, and he could easily stay alive on BLM/RDM with no movement speed gear. Then, in longer Kirins where tanks may have died a few times, and I didn't, I'd eventually end up near the top of the hate list, and would have to bleed off some hate until someone could pull it back off me. WHM/NIN I could have done it even more easily than having to wait for AM and Tier 5 casts to recast and rely on Blink.

Anyway, kiting Kirin is very easy, and if you have /NIN it becomes even more the case. The problem is that people try to get in there and spam spam spam all their hate tools and end up eating a pile of damage in TP moves, thus losing hate and possibly dying in the process. Wait until he casts Quake, then spam the heck out of all your hate stuff, then do it again next time he casts Quake or Tier 5.

/rantoff

Continue the lowman sky talk, loving it...
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-12 12:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Lovely, yet more insults.
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
What a *** idiot you are.

Again, I don't have to prove a damn thing. I've said all I can say and you're unwilling to listen.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-12 12:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Again, I don't have to prove a damn thing. I've said all I can say and you're unwilling to listen.

Try taking your fingers out of your ears and not going "lalala I'm right lalala" and we might give your opinion the respect you seemingly desire.
 Siren.Kuz
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-11-12 12:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Aramina said:
I kited him for 5-10 minutes on WHM/BLM once with very little trouble and no movement speed gear.

I can Kite Kirin for 5-10 mins on any job as well...
what was boasted was kiting him on NIN/DRK... for well over an hour...without support...

uphill... both ways... through 10 feet of snow... in your bare feet... with an elephant on your back.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-12 12:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Aramina said:

Indeed, but in the event of you dying or getting slept, there were other people present to pick up the slack. I happily kite on COR/WHM; I even intentionally spam shots to keep equal hate with the kiting PLD. It means if they get bound I can pull hate and run off until they're ready to kite again and pull it back off me.

However, I would never rely on kiting solo as COR/WHM because I know full well I'd get murdered.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-12 13:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Try taking your fingers out of your ears and not going "lalala I'm right lalala" and we might give your opinion the respect you seemingly desire.
I know a lot of people can not kite Kirin indefinitely.

I, however, can.

I'm not saying it's easy. I'm not saying I'm better than everyone else. I'm saying I can kite an NM. Plain and simple.

Now, feel free to argue against that. I'm sure you're planning on it anyway.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-11-12 13:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll bite. FRAPS or it didn't happen. Kiting Kirin for extended periods of time without support or death? Seriously, that's a pretty hefty claim.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-11-12 13:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
I know a lot of people can not kite Kirin indefinitely. I, however, can. I'm not saying it's easy. I'm not saying I'm better than everyone else. I'm saying I can kite an NM. Plain and simple. Now, feel free to argue against that. I'm sure you're planning on it anyway.
No one ever said you couldn't kite it. It's the kiting it for an hour with no support and the not getting hit at all that was in question.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-12 13:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't been able to get on FFXI for more than 5 minutes in a month. My computer is a complete failure. That's out of the question.

@Wooooodum: Therefore I'm lying right?