First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-12 13:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Excesspain said:
No one ever said you couldn't kite it. It's the kiting it for an hour with no support and the not getting hit at all that was in question.
You only have to kite Kirin solo for about 5-15 minutes depending on the order of mini-god pops.
 Siren.Kuz
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-11-12 13:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Again, I don't have to prove a damn thing. I've said all I can say and you're unwilling to listen.

That's JUST it... you've said it...
but you have no proof of it...

BTW, Jesus is standing here at my place of work.
He's eating a burrito and holding a poodle.

do you believe me?
Why not...
I SAID it was true...
guess you're unwilling to listen
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-12 13:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kuz said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Again, I don't have to prove a damn thing. I've said all I can say and you're unwilling to listen.

That's JUST it... you've said it...
but you have no proof of it...

BTW, Jesus is standing here at my place of work.
He's eating a burrito and holding a poodle.

do you believe me?
Why not...
I SAID it was true...
guess you're unwilling to listen
If he actually was, and you gave strong supporting evidence that it was true, I'd be compelled to believe you.

Now let's assume for a second that you don't have a camera on you and can't take a picture. Does that make it false?
 Siren.Kuz
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-11-12 13:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
... and you gave strong supporting evidence that it was true, I'd be compelled to believe you.

Thank You
that's all Myself, and anyone really wanted to hear you say.

Because all along, that's all Wooo and anyone else in this thread want you to do.

Give STRONG SUPPORTING evidence.

I'm done.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-11-12 13:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kuz said:
Odin.Aramina said:
I kited him for 5-10 minutes on WHM/BLM once with very little trouble and no movement speed gear.

I can Kite Kirin for 5-10 mins on any job as well...
what was boasted was kiting him on NIN/DRK... for well over an hour...without support...

uphill... both ways... through 10 feet of snow... in your bare feet... with an elephant on your back.

Exactly, kiting kirin for 30mins or more isn't hard, he's not hard to kite, but eventually he's gonna catch you off guard i.e. reel off a sleepga while you taking a corner or something seen it happen loads to myself and others.

Ent may well have done it for over a hour alone, fair play and good job if he has, i'd just rather see a vid of it so i can judge if there is a actual tactic behind it (or a lot of skill behind a normal strat) or if its a lucky run.
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-11-12 13:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Completely unrelated and off track but nobody should have to post pictures or videos of every single "hard" or "challenging" fight or strategy to prove a point or seem credible.

...Especially on common knowledge things such as this entire topic, It's sky, it's been around for quite some time.

Siren.Goren
user: Goren
By Siren.Goren 2009-11-12 13:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
I'm saying I can kite an NM. Plain and simple.

I can kite Bubbly Bernie, do i get some special prize too?

Get with the program, you keep repeating yourself because you can't come up with any more arguements.

Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-11-12 13:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, Wood..., at the time, there weren't other people to pick up the slack really. I was kiting it as WHM/BLM because at that moment, that was the choice between losing a Kirin set or not, and I wanted to try. I did it in desperation while people were trying to get back up and take out Byakko and Suzy after the chaos. Eventually I would have run out of MP for Blink (something that /NIN would prevent). If I screwed up during that time, Kirin was gone, so I had to try.

I think most of my LS was stunned, honestly, and if any of them that were present that night read this, I'm sure they can attest to it. It was me kiting Kirin alone, un-aided, through a room full of death and 2 minis running around. I think I even had to use one of Kirin's AM casts to throw a raise on someone, but I may just be imagining that. Honestly, I was somewhat stunned, but I was just "in the zone" in that moment.

He took a few shadows (Blink, mind you, not the reliable Utsusemi) and i may have been hit with something once or twice, but I had no outside support. I had some refresh drinks with me and a Noble's, but that's it for MP. WHM/RDM would have been nice for the fast cast, but that's rare that I was ever on WHM/RDM for anything short of messing around.

The point is that actually kiting Kirin is not that hard. Yes, you can have a bad stroke of luck and get killed, but I fully believe that it's possible to kite Kirin solo unsupported for a very long time if you are attentive, smart, and sure, maybe a little bit lucky.

I'm not the best kiter in the world, or the best WHM in the world, and I sure as hell didn't have the best gear. BUT, when it comes to analyzing and breaking down a fight and working strategy, I'm second to none.

The reason that so many people SUCK at kiting (and not just Kirin, but things like Behemoth and that one Mamool ZNM that spams Groundburst), is because they fail to remember that kiting is a controlled activity. You don't just get in there and run like hell all over the place. It's a precise sequence of moving, stopping, casting, etc.

WHM/NIN with Gaiters would probably be one of the better jobs for it, especially if they somehow had 2 MP Refresh (like FoV Refresh and gear Refresh). Granted the WHM/NIN would get wasted if they ever had to hold it steady except for on AM and Tier 5 casts, but then again, you don't need to stand there and sit around on your thumbs when it does that anyway. And they wouldn't be the best job to build hate to actually "tank" but as far as just maintaining a kite on an unassaulted Kirin, I think it would work as well as anything else.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-12 13:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kuz said:
Give STRONG SUPPORTING evidence.
Enternius said:
An unresisted Anemohelix alone offsets Kirin's Regen by quite a bit...

...NIN/DRK RDM/NIN RDM/NIN SCH/RDM BLM/RDM...

...As for the adds, when they're summoned, they're also easily Stunned, giving a RDM ample time to claim it...

...They have 8k HP and virtually 0 chance of resisting a nuke...

...so unless you've stopped for any reason, you'll be out of range before casting finishes...

...It's hard to go out of range because the room is circular and you're not always running 180 degrees directly away from Kirin, but if you know what you're doing and can keep an eye behind you, then running isn't a problem...

...The only thing you have to pay attention to is running in a straight line directly away from Kirin...
I've been giving nothing but hard evidence that I've gathered through my few tries at this. I'm not just making this all up, I've lived it all.

And now let's see some of the responses I've gotten while trying to explain this:
Mostly said:
It's impossible to hold him solo. Impossible...

...A NIN/DRK has a very remote chance of surviving solo on Kirin if it's not night time...

...I'm overestimating nothing about kiting Kirin. Solo, it is difficult to live...

...I honestly don't know what the *** you are talking about...

...Want to reply, or are you conceeding that you're talking ***?...

...His definition of solo kiting Kirin is with zero support...

...It's impossible to avoid not being hit full stop by Kirin...

...Because right now, you're talking complete ***...

...Enternius is making it sound like everyone fails because they can't do it when that's just not the case...

Basically it's going:

Enternius: It's not that hard. You're just doing it wrong.
Wooooodum: It's impossible. Stop being a *** idiot.

I've said what I could. And you're still unwilling to listen.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-12 13:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Enternius: It's not that hard. You're just doing it wrong. You all suck, your kiters suck, I know I'm right, you're wrong.
Wooooodum: It's impossible. Show us some proof of your claim and stop being a *** idiot.

Fixed for truth. Seriously, why is this so hard to comprehend? We want proof. We're listening, and we disagree. Here's the part where, in return to us wanting proof, you shut the *** up, or give it to us.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-12 13:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Calm down, Wooo.

As I had already said, I can't sign into FFXI for more than 5-10 minutes at a time because my computer sucks.

And I can't present any sort of proof if I can't get on to recreate the situation.

I'm sorry, but I can't. No need to get mad at me for that.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-12 13:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Calm down, Wooo.

As I had already said, I can't sign into FFXI for more than 5-10 minutes at a time because my computer sucks.

And I can't present any sort of proof if I can't get on to recreate the situation.

I'm sorry, but I can't. No need to get mad at me for that.

Well, had you said that three pages back, nobody would be annoyed at you. But for the fact whenever we've asked for proof before this post, you'd just gone "Well I know I'm right, I have nothing to prove."

Thanks for finally saying it, now we can move on. Honestly, all along we were getting worked up at your attitude and not your opinion; although proof would be preferred.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-12 13:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been saying it like every day for the past month or so in the FFXIAH linkshell thread, lol.

Sorry for the confusion. I would take a video or something if I could.
 Hades.Dizzmal
Server: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-11-12 13:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok now that that is done.

@Wooooo

Kirin has way more than 20K HP
Discuss!
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-12 13:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Dizzmal said:
Ok now that that is done.

@Wooooo

Kirin has way more than 20K HP
Discuss!

We already know my maths is wrong!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Hades.Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-11-12 13:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

lol but you haven't said anything since then ^^
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-12 13:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Dizzmal said:
lol but you haven't said anything since then ^^

I know I'm wrong, everyone else knows I'm wrong, I see no reason to debate my rubbish maths. :D
 Hades.Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-11-12 13:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

lol Sorry just had to hang ya out there.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-12 13:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Since when you click on a topic on the homepage it takes you to the latest post, thought I'd repost the OP's post so that people don't have to read through this thread:
Sylph.Izey said:
~So me and some Dyna-LS mates lookin for a few VERY skilled players o.O?
Yea anyway... lookin for some good players to do sky
with us on Mondays around 5pm EST or so. We're trying to keep maximum no more than 18, but minimum of 12 members. The distribution of drops will be done though lotting according to what pops each member helps farm. If your interested please let me know, or Ashrian in game, thanks alot. ^^V

~~~P.S. We also run late night Dynamis, Mon/Thr. 11:30 pm EST. Trying recruit some DD's so we can go for Dynalord, contact me in game about that too =)
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-12 13:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Gawdamn that was painful to read over.

I was a little iffy on the concept and the execution of the idea until it was pointed out you're only solo kiting until the mages can finish off minis and return for damage and support wherein it doesn't sound all that crazy. Definitely skillful with a slice of luck on the side, but if you're just trying to stay alive for the time being instead of building hate (atm) I think it'd be possible.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-12 13:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, there's a "Show OP" button right next to my face currently for that purpose.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-12 14:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Caiyuo said:
I was a little iffy on the concept and the execution of the idea until it was pointed out you're only solo kiting until the mages can finish off minis and return for damage and support wherein it doesn't sound all that crazy.
It's not even that much. Once one dies, you'll (Hopefully) have Genbu and two of the others. Genbu can be easily held by one RDM and they don't even have to pay attention to it, besides watching for nukes so they can be assisting the NIN right from the start. It's only solo for like 5-10 minutes until the first one dies.

Beyond that, a RDM can take and hold one of the two other minis that are alive, and the BLM and SCH can be nuking the third one down. Then jumping in to assist the RDM with the second one, then after that, healing and taking out Genbu. The minis are the easy part.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-12 14:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I can recall a handful of times having to do something fairly similar if a bad AF caught an annoyingly high amount of people or a mini was dealt with badly that essentially deserted me with a Kirin on my *** for at minimum 5~ minutes waiting for raises and recovery. Definitely doesn't seem as absurd as it's being made out to be.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-12 14:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically, up until now this thread is full of discussion as well?

Congratulations guys. >.>
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-11-12 14:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought everyone was talking about a extended period of time... not just 5-10mins lol 5-10mins is cake.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-12 14:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Caiyuo said:
Also, there's a "Show OP" button right next to my face currently for that purpose.

Just trying to help the OP, some people probably wouldn't know of that button or intentionally use it.
Leviathan.Celestinia said:
I thought everyone was talking about a extended period of time... not just 5-10mins lol 5-10mins is cake.

We were talking about a long period of time, yeah. Time enough for Kirin to summon all his adds and for them to be killed with a low man (5 people) setup. It still would be next to impossible to avoid getting hit at least once by something though, five mins or not.
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2009-11-12 14:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think you've ever kited Kirin. You're making this out to be much more difficult than it is. If you can't kite something like Kirin that casts quite a bit for 10 minutes without getting hit, something's wrong with what you're doing. Figure out a new kite path that doesn't get you raped, because.....

Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-12 14:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Vincentius said:
I don't think you've ever kited Kirin. You're making this out to be much more difficult than it is. If you can't kite something like Kirin that casts quite a bit for 10 minutes without getting hit, something's wrong with what you're doing. Figure out a new kite path that doesn't get you raped, because.....

You did a super job reading the thread, Vincentius, lol.