Low-man Sky yumm
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2009-11-12 14:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
It's not even that much. Once one dies, you'll (Hopefully) have Genbu and two of the others. Genbu can be easily held by one RDM and they don't even have to pay attention to it, besides watching for nukes so they can be assisting the NIN right from the start. It's only solo for like 5-10 minutes until the first one dies.

Beyond that, a RDM can take and hold one of the two other minis that are alive, and the BLM and SCH can be nuking the third one down. Then jumping in to assist the RDM with the second one, then after that, healing and taking out Genbu. The minis are the easy part.

I read the thread Wooooooowhatever. Clearly, you did not.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-12 14:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Vincentius said:
I read the thread Wooooooowhatever. Clearly, you did not.

I was complimenting you... It's a long thread.
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2009-11-12 14:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

That was a compliment? O.o;

God damn, my apologies. Internet sarcasm meter is broken.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-12 14:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

That was a compliment? O.o;

God damn, my apologies. Internet sarcasm meter is broken.

In fairness, I am usually a witty ***, so fair play. :p
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2009-11-12 14:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I was assuming it was a snide comment, in reply to mine.

I really do think this is doable, but I don't trust enough players to even try it. Extremely high risk, mediocre reward. Don't do it unless you're looking for the challenge.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-12 15:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I was assuming it was a snide comment, in reply to mine.

I really do think this is doable, but I don't trust enough players to even try it. Extremely high risk, mediocre reward. Don't do it unless you're looking for the challenge.
I'd put myself in the same boat. My two biggest pet peeves in XI are spending massive amounts of time on something that doesn't necessitate it along with said time being wasted when something goes HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

For me it's not about the challenge, though, like it is for Ent. I can see the attraction to it after low-manning ***in Sea, though.
 Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-11-12 15:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Heck, I wouldn't have ever been like "let me take care of the big boy on WHM/BLM while you guys deal with the other guys for a bit" but it ended up being a pop-set saving move on my part when it looked disasterous.

We typically went with a Shadowbind > GTFO approach to Chainspell on Suzy. However, when Suzy is the 3rd mini, you have a smaller, less-than-your-best crew that night, and Chainspell rapes a bunch of people because someone broke SB and Suzy stocked up on Firaga III and not Burn that night. Then you follow that with someone not grabbing Byakko quickly and it rapes the main kiter... well you do what you have to.

Thing is, after I saw how easy it was, I almost WANTED to do it on WHM/NIN just to show the PLD and NIN that were struggling with kiting it how to get it done, but the problem is that I have so much -enmity built into my WHM gear that I'd have been not effective in building sufficient hate by the time that the mini's were down, and I'd also be unable to effectively hold for SC except when it was AM or Stone 5, which don't need a hold anyway.

As it was, I got enough practice on that when I'd go BLM for Kirin anyway... Gotta love when you're a BLM bleeding away some hate and DDs are calling for a hold for SC...

As for lowmanning, some of the most fun I ever had in Sea or Sky were lowmanning raids. I think my favorite time farming HQ Chips in sea was when me on SAM/DNC and Corion on SAM/NIN duo'd our way around in there and farmed a half a stack of chips in an hour or so. Not exactly the perfect setup for farming, but it was fun!
 Caitsith.Blurr
Server: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2009-11-12 15:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

hey we just 5 manned dynamislord. my computers broken though, couldnt get any screens or vids ><. tough shits if you dont believe me too, me and god know and thats all that matters!
[+]
 Remora.Eriuddo
Server: Remora
user: Eriuddo
By Remora.Eriuddo 2009-11-12 18:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

6man kirin is theoretically possible if everything goes flawlessly and people job change midrun. The retard claiming anemohelix negates regen is just that, a retard.. helix is a significantly longer click than standard dot/regen, and a scholar getting any sort of reliable m.acc on kirin is a pipe dream.. speaking from the perspective of a taru SCH with 5/5 int 8/8 ele and an essentially perfect max resist set. My enfeebling set on RDM is missing nashira seraweels, otherwise perfect(dchap, torque, earring, af+1, morri cuffs, altruistic, witch, balrahns, omega, etc) and my poison2 does not stick more than 1/5 on kirin and often half resists if it does stick.. it's not worth the mp and it's not viable to keep it up. You claim to use all 3 dots, yet Kirin is immune to shock and rasp which limits you to 2 no matter which set you use.. and resist rate is disgusting on all of them except choke anyway. Many setups involving 3-4 competent rdms could get all adds down and change to RDM + 5 SMNs for kirin itself, not denying this.. but your arguments in favor of it make you look like a complete dipshit and I really doubt you could kill it with 10, much less 5. As of now, lowest confirmed kill is 8 with 1 2box and no relics.. but it's rather irrelevant as the OP was just trying to get a group together to get some sky ***, not brag about how elite they are for killing kirin with 12-18.

Also, for someone with such a high opinion of themselves, nice *** earth staff and spider torque.. I hope you're posting from a mule's ffxiah because otherwise people will call you out, else that's just pathetic(Hell, you don't have a single item worth over a mil or a single difficult to obtain item in your whole equip history.. you can 5man kirin but can't get yourself a pair of wlegs?)

Slash Discussion. Let the guy get some *** sky members and leave it.
[+]