users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 147 148 149
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2022-08-21 03:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Got a Sapphire from blue chest for doing heal after A gate. Also just took Ejiin’s advice and got all plate and key KIs for each map. Took maybe 20 ish minutes after doing all of map A. He has a video up on YouTube showing what exactly to do
By cuddlyhamster 2022-08-21 04:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gobbo said: »
Caesir said: »
Oh that's Shonuts-san's blog post. I've been watching his update too :3c
The D2-D1 time should be about 2 minutes I believe. I used a friend's character to help him get Keys, the character had no movement speed equipment or buffs. Halfway to D1 from D2 I went the wrong way and took me ~2.5 minutes to get there. Couldn't complete that objective.
So I closed both gates and tried again, managed to keep it under 2 minutes, worked.

And do you still remember when you killed the WHMs in D area? before the fomor NM in that zone or right after killing the NM? Because there's an objective that will give a red chest requires killing 3 more mobs after defeating the NM.

That's very good to know, was curious if could be done by a solo player since so far everything we've found CAN be done by one person with trusts.

Can be soloed. Did on whm with crier's gaiters (12% movement) with 10 seconds to spare
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2022-08-21 06:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kanryu said: »
Edit: Additional fun fact: The demisang are NOT undead. You can not cure them for damage, Sepulcher does not work on them nor did holy circle intimidate them.
Does this imply they're susceptible to Magic Hammer?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-08-21 08:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Neojuggernautx said: »
Got a Sapphire from blue chest for doing heal after A gate. Also just took Ejiin’s advice and got all plate and key KIs for each map. Took maybe 20 ish minutes after doing all of map A. He has a video up on YouTube showing what exactly to do
You got Plate D? I thought that was still unknown how to get.
By Chimerawizard 2022-08-21 08:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Positron said: »
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Physical items like earring boxes, plates, and keys get dropped into your inventory no matter where you are in zone. I think you need to be in experience range to get muffins from the boxes though. Several of our members weren't in exp range a few times and reported not getting muffins when the rest of us did from opening boxes.

They checked that as well and did receive Gallimaufry from the chest at Device #B despite being at the Acuex camp near the start point.
This may have been something they fixed, because early on it definitely was not like that.
By Chimerawizard 2022-08-21 08:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sterk said: »
Edit: Additional fun fact: The demisang are NOT undead. You can not cure them for damage, Sepulcher does not work on them nor did holy circle intimidate them.
Does this imply they're susceptible to Magic Hammer?
yes, they are suceptible to magic hammer. I used it on a BLM on one of our runs.
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2022-08-21 08:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Physical items like earring boxes, plates, and keys get dropped into your inventory no matter where you are in zone. I think you need to be in experience range to get muffins from the boxes though. Several of our members weren't in exp range a few times and reported not getting muffins when the rest of us did from opening boxes.

This is either a good change or I messed something up on day 1. It is good to know though. My original testing had my MNK at Door A-1 when my BLU triggered the Plate A chest. MNK did not get the plate. Could have been day one bugginess or something else odd going on too I suppose.

Edit for additional clarity: Our second line of "in range when it spawns" was a follow-up to the Plate A chest. We used BLU to pop the BLU 5x kill chest in the same area before running MNK over. MNK did not see the chest nor get credit despite being right near where the BLU and others saw it. This could also be buggy shenanigans instead of an intended mechanic.
By Weeew 2022-08-21 08:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone confirm if earrings/Sapphires can drop from brown chests or only Blue/Red/Aurum?
By lafilnemi 2022-08-21 08:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

This is either a good change or I messed something up on day 1. It is good to know though. My original testing had my MNK at Door A-1 when my BLU triggered the Plate A chest. MNK did not get the plate. Could have been day one bugginess or something else odd going on too I suppose.

Edit for additional clarity: Our second line of "in range when it spawns" was a follow-up to the Plate A chest. We used BLU to pop the BLU 5x kill chest in the same area before running MNK over. MNK did not see the chest nor get credit despite being right near where the BLU and others saw it. This could also be buggy shenanigans instead of an intended mechanic.

We tested muffins from the boxes got them across the map

On our run today we had some problem getting:
Casked B1 , Vanquish 5 Biune Fire Elementals.

Theres definetly more to that, did anyone figure that one out yet? Was thinking has to be physical or something since we killed them with magic ws.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Server: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2022-08-21 11:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

lafilnemi said: »

We tested muffins from the boxes got them across the map

On our run today we had some problem getting:
Casked B1 , Vanquish 5 Biune Fire Elementals.

Theres definetly more to that, did anyone figure that one out yet? Was thinking has to be physical or something since we killed them with magic ws.

I've been able to get the blue chest after using a mix of savage blade/leaden salute on fire eles each run after 3-5 kills. This also will get you the shard. If you finish off the fire eles after doing this then kill porxie he should drop the red coffer. Tested this method 5x times in a row and it works. If you killed porxie before doing this you can use the B device to respawn and he will give you the red coffer when you kill him the second time (after getting those 2 chests).

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Sterk
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2022-08-21 12:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone entered a boss room and the boss not be up? We killed Plovid boss first, then went to Macuil boss but the room was completely empty. We killed everything in the B sector except the Thunder/Wind elemental room beforehand.

And to contribute a little bit of info, we got both B Shard and B Metal off Umbrils with a COR 2-shotting them with Wildfire > Wildfire.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-08-21 12:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok chests A3/A4 have nothing to do with exclusive magic damage, melee'd some of them and got them still. From what I can tell the killing blow needs to be a magic spell that deals at least 10K damage and they need to have at least 10K HP remaining. For the accuex that ends up being 8%, also I think they need to be under 15% HP, which ends up being 20K HP remaining. Seems to be like Omen objectives, not the number we see in the log but the amount of HP that actually gets removed.

Once pack of 5 I nuked down to 20~25% then BA Nuked them all at once, didn't get items. Next pack I nuked down to 20~25% then used subduction to bring HP down to 8~14%, then finished off with a single nuke and it worked.
By Weeew 2022-08-21 12:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Any help with filling in the TBD's or correcting any of the other objectives before this evenings run?

Area A

Kill Aubdela (leech NM) - [Red Chest]
Kill anything x5 - [Blue Chest]
Kill Acuex/Leech only magic (10-25k) - [Brown Chest/Shard #A]
Kill Acuex/Leech only magic (10-25k) - [Brown Chest/Metal #A]
Open the door at D-4 - [Brown Chest/Key #A]
Rest on raised floor after D-4 door and wait for health tick - [Blue Chest]
Self-cast anything at I-5 teleporter - [Brown Chest/Plate #A]

Area B

Kill Porxie after SC with magic damage below 20% HP - [Red Chest]
Physical WS Kills on Elementals - [Blue Chest]
Magic Damage Kills on Elementals - [Brown Chest/Shard #B]
Magic WS Kills on Elementals - [Brown Chest/Metal #B]
Open doors 1 to 6 in correct order - [Brown Chest/Key #B]
Open a locked B door - [Blue Chest]
Using /hurray on Diaphanous Device #B - [Brown Chest/Plate #B]

Area C

Kill Bhoot NM with Gravitation (TBC) - [Red Chest]
TBD - [Blue Chest]
Kill ghoul/skelly with light skillchain + Fire MB - [Brown Chest/Shard #C]
Kill ghoul/skelly again with light skillchain + Fire MB - [Brown Chest/Metal #C]
Open Gate C1 at (N-10) - [Brown Chest/Key #C]
TBD - [Blue Chest]
Kill any mob on platform of teleporter - [Brown Chest/Plate #C]

Area D

Kill Fomor NM followed by 3 of same Fomor - [Red Chest]
Kill Fomor of each job type (H-9, WHM/BLM/RDM/THF/MNK/WAR) - [Blue Chest]
Multistep SC and burst Fire? - [Brown Chest/Shard #D]
Multistep SC and burst Fire? - [Brown Chest/Metal #D]
Open gate D2 + D1 within 2 mins - [Brown Chest/Key #D]
Kill Fomor 1 job type but all 3 Equipment types (TBC) - [Blue Chest]
TBD - [Brown Chest/Plate #D]

*Edited after our run today... We managed to kill NM #A + #C and the #C gave us a Case +1.
 Phoenix.Teorem
Server: Phoenix
user: Soybean
By Phoenix.Teorem 2022-08-21 13:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Ok chests A3/A4 have nothing to do with exclusive magic damage, melee'd some of them and got them still. From what I can tell the killing blow needs to be a magic spell that deals at least 10K damage and they need to have at least 10K HP remaining. For the accuex that ends up being 8%, also I think they need to be under 15% HP, which ends up being 20K HP remaining. Seems to be like Omen objectives, not the number we see in the log but the amount of HP that actually gets removed.

Once pack of 5 I nuked down to 20~25% then BA Nuked them all at once, didn't get items. Next pack I nuked down to 20~25% then used subduction to bring HP down to 8~14%, then finished off with a single nuke and it worked.
The #A shard isn't a 10k+ killshot:
Code
Gwenne casts Blizzard.The Abject Acuex takes 2194 points of damage.
Gwenne starts casting Blizzard on the Abject Acuex.
The Abject Acuex hits Gwenne for 184 points of damage.
#A treasure coffer status report: 3/7 #?: 0/1.
Gwenne casts Blizzard.The Abject Acuex takes 3445 points of damage.
Gwenne defeats the Abject Acuex.
Teorem received 100 gallimaufry for a total of 7885.

Neither is the #A metal:
Code
Gwenne casts Stun.The Abject Acuex is stunned.
Gwenne starts casting Fire on the Abject Acuex.
#A treasure coffer status report: 7/7 #?: 0/1.
Gwenne casts Fire.The Abject Acuex takes 4837 points of damage.
Gwenne defeats the Abject Acuex.
You obtain the temporary item: Sheet of Ra'Kaznar metal #A!

Part of the difficulty here is that we're only told whether an objective is met after the mob dies, so we could easily be fulfilling the condition with spell damage/actions before it's dead. I agree it's more than likely that it follows the Omen-style objectives for using remaining HP to determine whether conditions are met.
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2022-08-21 13:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Weeew said: »
Any help with filling in the TBD's or correcting any of the other objectives before this evenings run?

--snip--

We have stuff for you but are mid run. I need at least 30 before I can type it all up.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-08-21 13:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Something more to it than just this. I did this today and got nothing. Also, Wiki shows to kill 5 fire elementals beforehand, which they didn't net me a chest for that either.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2022-08-21 13:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »

Something more to it than just this. I did this today and got nothing. Also, Wiki shows to kill 5 fire elementals beforehand, which they didn't net me a chest for that either.

The wiki is full of nonsense, I'm not sure who is updating but they don't have a clue. The info on Ghadjot is all hilarious, apparently he deals 99k if you dont kill all the hecteyes lmao, it's all just made up
Idk about hecteyes but he sure does 99k you if you grav/dist him

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2022-08-21 14:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Was able to get C metal / shard and D metal / shard in my run today. I did monk light scs on ghosts and fire bursted on ghosts for C seemed to take ~3 kills each chest. D I was doing multi steps on monk and bursting kill with fire same time not sure if how many steps is required or burst were required.
 Odin.Bangla
Server: Odin
user: Ceal
By Odin.Bangla 2022-08-21 14:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Got a red chest off the Ghost NM. No other objectives or monsters in C killed. It was our third mini-NM.
Ghost died to Gravitation damage.

Area A objective for shard popped after 3 SCH skillchain + nuke kills.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2022-08-21 14:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Bangla said: »
Got a red chest off the Ghost NM. No other objectives or monsters in C killed. It was our third mini-NM.
Ghost died to Gravitation damage.
if you have video can you check day / if u do anything else in C at all. Which order of mini nms?
 Leviathan.Aqeeb
Server: Leviathan
user: Aqeeb
By Leviathan.Aqeeb 2022-08-21 14:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sterk said: »
Has anyone entered a boss room and the boss not be up? We killed Plovid boss first, then went to Macuil boss but the room was completely empty. We killed everything in the B sector except the Thunder/Wind elemental room beforehand.

We did. Fridays run we farmed A killed leech NM and Plavoid boss. We decided to do the same saturday so we filled 7/7 A objectives killed the leech NM and most regular mobs and entered A boss device to find an empty room. We went to A device and respawned the A zone to check again and still no boss so we did a few B objectives before time out. Unsure if its a glitch or if theres a condition to spawn the Boss?
 Asura.Sensarity
user: Meeeeeep
By Asura.Sensarity 2022-08-21 14:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Got red chest off the bhoot today, the following happened based on what I asked the party:
RUN did Flash Foil Dimidiation
GEO just did Dia
WHM did 3 enhancing magics during the fight with it
I just Elegy'd + Savage Spam
COR did savage spam
WAR did Cataclysm (was a pug and I told him to just cataclysm all run, so he kinda did what he was told lol)
Didn't notice any skillchains
COR got killing blow (unsure if with Savage or autos)
Only standout thing is Dark elemental damage on an undead mob
It was also the first thing we killed within section C.
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2022-08-21 15:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Alrighty lads and lasses we went early today so we would have time for more total runs throughout the day. I'm aiming at 3+ objective digs and two real farms to confirm A/B objectives. I'll update this further throughout the day.

Updates after run #3. Can confirm D shard/metal conditions. Not exact but 100% replicatable.

Zone A -

Shrank Zone A since 7 of 7 are replicable 100% of the time, at least for us.

Zone B -

1/7 - Key #B - Open all B gates in order from 1 to 6. Gobbo posted already so I undid the redact I did and we can confirm this is what we did.
2/7 - Plate #B - /hurray at Device B (maybe other cheery emotes? sad ones /cry and /sigh did not work)
3/7 - Shard #B - Magic WS kills x5. Used Leaden on fire/light.
4/7 - Metal #B - Do the above again.
5/7 - Blue Casket - Skillchain kill? (Fuzzy on exact conditions. We have gotten this exactly once and do not know the conditions. It was in the Light/Water/Ice room.)
6/7 - Blue Casket - Open a locked B door.
7/7 - Red Coffer - Kill Porxie, exact conditions wildly suspect. We've tried SC matching entry day, t1s, t2, t3s, MB kills and Leaden at 19%. We've never gotten red.

Zone C -

1/7 - Key #C - Open the door at N-10
2/7 - Plate #C - Kill a C enemy next to Device C.
3/7 - Shard #C - Magic burst fire several times on the corse without killing (x3 ?). [Credit to Ahlen for this.] (We could replicate his steps.)
4/7 - Metal #C - Do the above again.
5/7 - Blue Casket - Blunt weapon light SC kill on an undead. We have not been able to replicate this but several others including, once again Ahlen, report this working.
6/7 - Blue Casket -
7/7 - Red Coffer - Kill Bhoot (we presume special condition?) People reporting fire kills.

Zone D -

1/7 - Key #D - Open gates D-2 and D-1 within a certain timeframe of each other. (We've seen 5 minutes, but we're usually under one with bolters+sneakga+invisga.)
2/7 - Plate #D - Drop the Obsidian Fireflys while on the platform next to Device D.
3/7 - Shard #D - Perform a 4-step SC on 3 fomors. This is a repeat of the conditions provided by Ahlen.
4/7 - Metal #D - Repeat the above process a second time.
5/7 - Blue Casket - Killed entire party at H-9 or F-6. (We have now done both fomor "parties" of WHM RDM WAR MNK BLM THF. Might be first time killing one of each job?)
6/7 - Blue Casket - Reportedly kill AF > Relic > Empy in that order of the same job in a row. We replicated this twice and could not make it work. Very much need verification on this one.
7/7 - Red Coffer - Kill NM and then other fomors. We are 6/6 on it now. Exact conditions are unknown but it always spawns from a different fomor after it dies.

Zone D Boss - Degei [Courtesy of Ahlen as well.]
  • Has rapidly escalating DT that he was unable to reset.

• Elemental absorption changes. Darkness healed it at one point in the fight, fire later on.

• Despite having the metal after a few SCs healed it and he was oneshot for 17k at 50%.

Misc Fun Facts -

• We can confirm repeat sapphires from the same coffer.

• We can also now confirm it is possible to get both Red Coffer and Aurum Coffer from the last NM at the same time.

• We can confirm sapphires from blue chests.

• Boss rooms (gadgets) have doors that will slam shut once you engage the boss. Make sure everyone is inside or you're likely screwed.

[[This is now in question. I have logs showing this true on the first night. And today after multiple reports to the contrary this was not the case for us today.]]
Being out of exp range will not give you the spoils of a chest.
It appears that you need to be in range both when the chest spawns and when it is opened to get credit for the drops.

New Map -
[+]
By Weeew 2022-08-21 15:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

3/7 - Shard #A - Magic kills 10k-20k (Full to dead from Blu. Exact details still sketch but we have done this x11 now. We tried only 3 and it did not work. Conditions may vary somehow?)

I would only add that the max dmg limit is between 20-30k.

3/7 - Shard #B - Magic Kills Opposite Element Kills? (Fuzzy on exact conditions.)

We have been getting consistent results with COR spamming leaden solo and other DD using physical WS's. 2 brown + blue chest.

7/7 - Red Coffer - Kill Porxie, exact conditions wildly suspect. We've tried SC matching entry day, t1s, t2, t3s, MB kills and Leaden at 19%. We've never gotten red.

We have been getting 50% success rate on this by using aeolian>aeolian, followed by last stand>last stand, then leaden at ~15% for killshot.

3/7 - Shard #C - Magic burst fire several times on the corse without killing (x3 ?). [Credit to Ahlen for this.] (We could replicate his steps.)

We has success with using last stand > last stand > MB Fire 60-99k from GEO. Sometimes died from MB and sometimes from light skillchains.
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 147 148 149