Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 150 151 152
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2022-08-21 15:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Skomora, the Region C Boss, didn't appear to be very dangerous, however Cruel Joke will give the Haunted Debuff instead of Doom. Like how Tainted seemed to be a strong uncleansable Poison effect, Haunted seems to be a very strong uncleanseable Curse effect. The movement speed reduction is pretty strong and lasts almost 5min so bring some stuff like Quickening, Bolter's Roll, Mazurka, etc if you plan on fighting it.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Server: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2022-08-21 15:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gobbo said: »
Skomora, the Region C Boss, didn't appear to be very dangerous, however Cruel Joke will give the Haunted Debuff instead of Doom. Like how Tainted seemed to be a strong uncleansable Poison effect, Haunted seems to be a very strong uncleanseable Curse effect. The movement speed reduction is pretty strong and lasts almost 5min so bring some stuff like Quickening, Bolter's Roll, Mazurka, etc if you plan on fighting it.
Every curse he gave me I was able to remove with cursna and it didn't seem to lower my hp at all but he applied it many many times to me.
 Bahamut.Svedin
Server: Bahamut
user: Svedin
By Bahamut.Svedin 2022-08-21 16:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I havent kept up with the thread so idk if this is relevant but this was from todays obdella.

After that we got ***.

Fenrir.Ahlen said: »
Every curse he gave me I was able to remove with cursna and it didn't seem to lower my hp at all but he applied it many many times to me.

Yeah Holy Water took it off every time for us aswell.
 Sylph.Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2022-08-21 16:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Did he give Curse or did he give Haunted? Cause I'm referring to Haunted which is similar to Curse and just tried removing.
 Fenrir.Positron
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2022-08-21 16:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Weeew said: »
Kill Porxie after SC with magic damage below 20% HP - [Red Chest]

Something more to it than just this. I did this today and got nothing. Also, Wiki shows to kill 5 fire elementals beforehand, which they didn't net me a chest for that either.

The wiki is full of nonsense, I'm not sure who is updating but they don't have a clue. The info on Ghadjot is all hilarious, apparently he deals 99k if you dont kill all the hecteyes lmao, it's all just made up

Cart, meet horse. The issue isn't that people who are updating don't know, it's that people who know aren't updating. They're hoarding information even though there's no gil incentive to do so because that's the only way they can validate their miserable existence.

Big thanks to the few people who have been helping us record what information we do have on the wiki so everyone can benefit.
[+]
 Sylph.Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2022-08-21 16:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

One group in the LS was able to get Shard D to drop. They did a 4-Step SC and was MBing Stone/Aero throughout and KO'd mob (no chest). They then did a 6-step and MBing Stone/Aero througout and KO'd mob and got chest with Shard. Ran out of time so no boss info. Will be trying to replicate later today.

Also some additional info on Shard C chest. First time we got Shard C I mentioned the MNK just did Smite -> Smite but the BRD MB'd Lullaby. Today they did a Light SC and the BRD MB'd Banish and got a chest with Shard from that KO. Both were done on Corses.
VIP
By Lili 2022-08-21 16:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not sure if this has mentioned before: in today's run, we couldn't find Obdella anywhere, until we opened all A gates, then it suddenly showed up on widescan. Just a coincidence, that it was in D zones and moved in just at the right moment, or maybe opening all gates did trigger it to spawn?

Also, what the hecteyes is the #? 0/1 at the end of the notices?

Asura.Aldolol
Server: Asura
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-08-21 16:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

My last try on Leshonn today, I cleared the entirety of B today and without a tank he still did his *** "im gonna go ape ***mode" at about 50% and just stopped taking damage and started one shotting people. Not sure if damage he deals make shim go berserk I will come back to him when I bring a tank for just boss runs.

Other things today, Porxie, killed most of B cleared before I did it, Expician > Leaden for a Darkness SC left him to 20% then did a leaden and got nada.

Tried Gravitation on the bhoot NM by doing True Strike > Black Halo, did it multiple times and got nada. Wanna say the wildfire is proccing the "fire damage" for other people that did their gravitation SC?

For the B Brown boxes I just killed Elementals with Leaden and Seraph Blade/Strike, didn't matter on element or type they gave brown boxes after 5 kills of each, started with fire elementals then moved to thunder/earth.
 Sylph.Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2022-08-21 16:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »

There's a zone-wide objective where killing each of the Region's Sub Bosses will yield an Aurum Coffer. The #?: 0/1 will become 1/1 after the 4th is killed.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
Server: Lakshmi
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2022-08-21 17:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Casket #B1 Vanquish 5 Biune Fire Elementals. Verification Needed

Coffer #B
Vanquish Biune Porxie after opening Casket #B1. Verification Needed

This is not correct. Just tested.
5 fire elemental kills did give casket #B1.
Killing Porxie after gave nothing. There must be something else.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2022-08-21 17:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aldolol said: »
My last try on Leshonn today, I cleared the entirety of B today and without a tank he still did his *** "im gonna go ape ***mode" at about 50% and just stopped taking damage and started one shotting people. Not sure if damage he deals make shim go berserk I will come back to him when I bring a tank for just boss runs.

Other things today, Porxie, killed most of B cleared before I did it, Expician > Leaden for a Darkness SC left him to 20% then did a leaden and got nada.

Tried Gravitation on the bhoot NM by doing True Strike > Black Halo, did it multiple times and got nada. Wanna say the wildfire is proccing the "fire damage" for other people that did their gravitation SC?

For the B Brown boxes I just killed Elementals with Leaden and Seraph Blade/Strike, didn't matter on element or type they gave brown boxes after 5 kills of each, started with fire elementals then moved to thunder/earth.
Try bring a SCH as healer and proc him. Also makes sure you don't heal him. Healing him seems to be bad outside of when 2 hands are glowing.
I procced with a Stone 3 when he had thunder hands, dealt 15k damage and it was an afk fight on healer and let Regen 5 work. Proc happened around 65%
 Fenrir.Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2022-08-21 17:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sahzi said: »

Coffer #B

Did you kill all fire eles?

I've been able to get porxie to drop chest after killing all fire eles with leaden / savage blade spam on them. Normally gives shard / blue chest near the end of the pack.
 Bismarck.Dracosam
Server: Bismarck
user: dracosam
By Bismarck.Dracosam 2022-08-21 17:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Juste something i note.
A chest some ppl says they did melee round and still got chest. My guess is kill without any ws. ( did a run on RUN and i did shockwave then blu kill everything and no crédits)

So that make sense to try think about not doing something over have to do thing sometime.

Like could B be no spell or no spell dmg ? A lot report to get with magical ws and physical ws.
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
Server: Lakshmi
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2022-08-21 17:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sahzi said: »

Coffer #B

I've been able to get porxie to drop chest after killing all fire eles with leaden / savage blade spam on them. Normally gives shard / blue chest near the end of the pack.

Not all of them. I killed 5 fire elements doing all kinds of SCs (solo, thf). Since no real magic damage I was spamming Umbra and Radiance chains. All 5 definitely got 1 of each, it was slow going.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-08-21 17:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracosam said: »
Juste something i note.
A chest some ppl says they did melee round and still got chest. My guess is kill without any ws. ( did a run on RUN and i did shockwave then blu kill everything and no crédits)

So that make sense to try think about not doing something over have to do thing sometime.

Like could B be no spell or no spell dmg ? A lot report to get with magical ws and physical ws.

On RDM I Seraphed bladed them down to under 15% HP, then killed with Fire V at 19K for the chest. Plenty of physical damage, magic damage from enspells and even some WS's thrown in.
 Asura.Cthaeh
By Asura.Cthaeh 2022-08-21 17:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not sure if this has mentioned before: in today's run, we couldn't find Obdella anywhere, until we opened all A gates, then it suddenly showed up on widescan. Just a coincidence, that it was in D zones and moved in just at the right moment, or maybe opening all gates did trigger it to spawn?

We had a similar situation a few nights ago and then moved on to do other objectives. Came back and he was right next to Locked Door #D and moving away from it. IIRC we also saw the Bhoot in the no map area.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracosam
user: dracosam
By Bismarck.Dracosam 2022-08-21 17:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Bismarck.Dracosam said: »
Juste something i note.

On RDM I Seraphed bladed them down to under 15% HP, then killed with Fire V at 19K for the chest. Plenty of physical damage, magic damage from enspells and even some WS's thrown in.
Maybe just no physical. We willed 15-18 when i was doing shockwave to get ae hate With no credit. Soon i Stop getting hâte with that we got the A shard and metal
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-08-21 18:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I killed all the fire elementals with BLU AoE and nothing. Swapped out trusts and killed the porxie with a Tenebral MB under 20% and also nothing.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-08-21 18:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So the Kill 5 Biune Fire elementals objective does this need to be done an a certain way? I pulled all the fire elementals and AoE'd them down with BLU spells. We didnt get the chest to pop.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2022-08-21 18:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
So the Kill 5 Biune Fire elementals objective does this need to be done an a certain way? I pulled all the fire elementals and AoE'd them down with BLU spells. We didnt get the chest to pop.
We noticed when AoE on blu if not all are "claimed" you don't credit for them all. We tested this doing 6 acuex at once in A but had people in group keeping as many tagged as possible and we got all 3 chests when blu aoe finished them all at once.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-08-21 18:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
We noticed when AoE on blu if not all are "claimed" you don't credit for them all. We tested this doing 6 acuex at once in A but had people in group keeping as many tagged as possible and we got all 3 chests when blu aoe finished them all at once.

Ah i see, yeah that makes sense thank you.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-08-21 18:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

For what it’s worth, I had them all claimed.
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-08-21 18:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
For what it’s worth, I had them all claimed.

Fairly certain the Fire Elemental kills needs to be with WSs but not 100% on that.
By Chimerawizard 2022-08-21 18:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Group just got Shard B chest from 5 fire elementals but no blue chest. WS kills used.
 Odin.Schnook
user: popples
By Odin.Schnook 2022-08-21 19:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I confirmed that the Shard and Metal chests for A just require 3 kills each with no weaponskills. I did this pattern on the first six Acuex mobs north of entrance:
1: 100% white damage physical kill
2: 100% ninjutsu damage kill
3: 100% white damage physical kill, brown chest spawned here
4: mix of white physical damage and ninjutsu
5: mix of white physical damage and ninjutsu, blue chest spawned here
6: mix of white physical damage and ninjutsu, brown chest spawned here

I only used Futae once to kill #2, so that was the only time I had ninjutsu damage of >10k on any of the 6 monsters. Everything else was ninjutsu under 10k or swinging a katana, never weaponskilled.
[+]
By 1thenumber 2022-08-21 19:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Will try this a

There's a zone-wide objective where killing each of the Region's Sub Bosses will yield an Aurum Coffer. The #?: 0/1 will become 1/1 after the 4th is killed.

Does this carry over between sortie entries, or has to be done all in one shot?
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2022-08-21 19:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

1thenumber said: »
Will try this a

Does this carry over between sortie entries, or has to be done all in one shot?

Within a single run.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2022-08-21 19:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe this has been asked and I missed it. If so, apologies.

If you enter with a shard/metal from a previous run, for example shard and metal A, can you enter and:

Run directly to gadget A and enter/kill boss.
Return and fulfill A objectives as normal (and re-obtain shard/metal A)
Go back to gadget A and kill boss…again?
By Heghmoh 2022-08-21 19:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Schnook said: »
I think I confirmed that the Shard and Metal chests for A just require 3 kills each with no weaponskills. I did this pattern on the first six Acuex mobs north of entrance:
1: 100% white damage physical kill
2: 100% ninjutsu damage kill
3: 100% white damage physical kill, brown chest spawned here
4: mix of white physical damage and ninjutsu
5: mix of white physical damage and ninjutsu, blue chest spawned here
6: mix of white physical damage and ninjutsu, brown chest spawned here

I only used Futae once to kill #2, so that was the only time I had ninjutsu damage of >10k on any of the 6 monsters. Everything else was ninjutsu under 10k or swinging a katana, never weaponskilled.

if this is true i will be super happy. spamming RDM and GEO V-Spells take way too much time
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-08-21 20:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Against Leshonn, we blue procced it shortly after pull with Spectral Flow. It started ramping up, hitting harder, and having more DT until it was taking 0 for hits. I healed it for about 70k with Lunge (probably a bit overboard), and it lost its wind hand and calmed down and started taking damage again.
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 150 151 152