Forum » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 150 151 152

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Caesir 2022-08-20 17:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gobbo said: »
KOing 1 job type but all 3 Equipment types also gave a chest.
- WHM in Artifact > WHM in Relic > WHM in Empyrean
Creecreelo said: »
To add on, we found an AF/Relic/Emp Whm all together right next to the D-2 gate. Edit: Will have to see if that spot always has an AF/Relic/Emp Whm though.
Hi Gobbo and Creecreelo,
Did you kill the 3 WHM fomors one by one in a row? Or did you defeat other fomors in the middle of killing the next whm? Thanks.
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2022-08-20 17:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Caesir said: »
Hi Gobbo and Creecreelo,
Did you kill the 3 WHM fomors one by one in a row? Or did you defeat other fomors in the middle of killing the next whm? Thanks.
This was done consecutively. We had links but didn't touch until the WHMs were all KO'd. We tried repeating and noted that the mobs did not have to be wearing different gear sets.

Another run we did though we killed 5 THFs consecutively before killing the Fomor Sub Boss and nothing dropped. After KOing the Fomor Sub Boss we killed 11 WARs in a row and got the Red Chest after the first 3 WARs and nothing else afterwards.

Comparing the notes from this blog we confirmed that the D Key was timing based which would make sense as first attempt we did both doors with 1 person and second attempt we used 2 people to open a door each.
 Sylph.Reain
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2022-08-20 18:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't think it says how but there's a Skomora kill on Youtube now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JzzYc7sWgw

Edit: found a blog
https://pancha-mincha.com/entry/2022/08/18/131423
By Caesir 2022-08-20 19:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gobbo said: »
This was done consecutively. We had links but didn't touch until the WHMs were all KO'd. We tried repeating and noted that the mobs did not have to be wearing different gear sets.

Another run we did though we killed 5 THFs consecutively before killing the Fomor Sub Boss and nothing dropped. After KOing the Fomor Sub Boss we killed 11 WARs in a row and got the Red Chest after the first 3 WARs and nothing else afterwards.

Comparing the notes from this blog we confirmed that the D Key was timing based which would make sense as first attempt we did both doors with 1 person and second attempt we used 2 people to open a door each.

Oh that's Shonuts-san's blog post. I've been watching his update too :3c
The D2-D1 time should be about 2 minutes I believe. I used a friend's character to help him get Keys, the character had no movement speed equipment or buffs. Halfway to D1 from D2 I went the wrong way and took me ~2.5 minutes to get there. Couldn't complete that objective.
So I closed both gates and tried again, managed to keep it under 2 minutes, worked.

And do you still remember when you killed the WHMs in D area? before the fomor NM in that zone or right after killing the NM? Because there's an objective that will give a red chest requires killing 3 more mobs after defeating the NM.
[+]
 Phoenix.Miraun
Server: Phoenix
user: Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2022-08-20 20:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kanryu said: »
Weeew said: »
Phoenix.Miraun said: »
We killed a Ghoul in C with a Light SC for the C Shard coffer
Did it again a few more times for the Metal in C

We have been having a hard time getting the Light Skillchain on Ghouls to work for shard + metal... I am sure there is something else to this. Can you tell us a little more about which job, WS, any magic used?

Same here. We were doing Upheaval to Black Halo for a huge light which dealt the killshot. We tried it on 8 corse and 4 ghouls, nada. Also curious about the conditions since we didn't seem able to repeat it. (For sure not saying that it isn't true.

Sorry COVID household this weekend, my group had a SAM doing Fudo to Fudo for Light, I was on SCH, Dark Arts, MBing Thunder 5/4/3 when possible. But didn't hit the Killshot any of the various attacks. Lights were the final killing blows. It may have been a quantity of SCs performed, or a quantity of MB damage.
 Asura.Schroe
Server: Asura
user: Schroe
By Asura.Schroe 2022-08-20 21:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Killed over 30 mobs with magic in section A. Never got a chest spawn for the Metal. Tried different elements. Tried resistances, weaknesses, nada. Edit: Metal
By dontclickme 2022-08-20 21:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Schroe said: »
Killed over 30 mobs with magic in section A. Never got a chest spawn for the plate. Tried different elements. Tried resistances, weaknesses, nada
you get plate for section A by casting an enhancing spell near the (i-5) teleport.
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
Server: Lakshmi
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2022-08-20 21:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Section A:
Ninja and RDM killed our magic ONLY guys. Absolutely nothing but ninjutsu casting and nukes.
3 x Any magic kills = Chest.
3 x FIRE ONLY (acuex/amorph weakness) = Chest.

I was skeptical, but it worked as described.
 Asura.Cthaeh
By Asura.Cthaeh 2022-08-20 21:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

dontclickme said: »
Killed over 30 mobs with magic in section A. Never got a chest spawn for the plate. Tried different elements. Tried resistances, weaknesses, nada
you get plate for section A by casting an enhancing spell near the (i-5) teleport.

He changed it to Metal XD.

Same for me. We got it on our first group, killing Leeches with 100% magic and then stone element for the kill. But on the second group, we had no luck trying all of the tricks... There is more to this.
 Sylph.Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2022-08-20 21:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Caesir said: »
Oh that's Shonuts-san's blog post. I've been watching his update too :3c
The D2-D1 time should be about 2 minutes I believe. I used a friend's character to help him get Keys, the character had no movement speed equipment or buffs. Halfway to D1 from D2 I went the wrong way and took me ~2.5 minutes to get there. Couldn't complete that objective.
So I closed both gates and tried again, managed to keep it under 2 minutes, worked.

And do you still remember when you killed the WHMs in D area? before the fomor NM in that zone or right after killing the NM? Because there's an objective that will give a red chest requires killing 3 more mobs after defeating the NM.

That's very good to know, was curious if could be done by a solo player since so far everything we've found CAN be done by one person with trusts. We DEFINITELY did it AFTER the Fomor Sub Boss and pretty positive it was a red chest.

In another run my LS did, we killed every 3 of every job in a row and didn't see anything new (once again this was after the Sub Boss). To add to other people's Shard-C retrieval we got the Shard on our first Corse kill. We did it with MNK and they did a Smite to Smite for Light and then melee'd it down from there. This was done before killing the Bhoot Sub Boss. The Bhoot we did a 5-step getting all 4 Lv2s before it ran out of HP to do the 6th and no chest was dropped.
 Asura.Schroe
By Asura.Schroe 2022-08-20 21:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, meant to say metal originally and edited after the fact. Anyway I tried many kills with different elements, no go. Maybe the number of weakness kills is random and can greatly vary?
By dontclickme 2022-08-20 22:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

i've been consistently getting both the metal and shard (in section A) by nuking on BLU and usually killing them off with tenebral or subduction. so i'm not convinced you have to kill them with the element they are weak to.
By SavageJoke 2022-08-20 22:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Tonight's run:
A 7/7 chests. Sapphire from red chest (leech nm) as well as Ghatjot. Shard and Metal from cleaving with BLU. Killed with Subduction and Tenebral Crush this time.

B 6/7 chests. Went for key first but messed it up somehow. Got Plate, plus 3 chests from fire elementals, porxie wandered into fire elemental room and WAR killed it with Upheaval spam for a red chest. Last hit killed from 10%, no skillchain dmg. Last 3 minutes we killed umbrils, WAR killed 3 with radiances and they gave us our last chest.
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2022-08-20 22:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So, we just did run #2 for tonight.

We killed 5 thieves, 4 warriors, 5 monks, 5 white mages, 5 black mages, and 6 red mages in a row.

We didn't get any brown boxes in D at all. Same standard 3 kills after the Deleterious we got a red box. If the JP wikis are to be believed and it is 3 in a row for Brown and another 3 of the same for brown 2... there is a key step we did not find yet.

Edit: Additional fun fact: The demisang are NOT undead. You can not cure them for damage, Sepulcher does not work on them nor did holy circle intimidate them.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2022-08-20 22:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Followed Logical's/everyone else's anecdotes regarding Area A/Ghatjot.

Objectives went by very easily (bluemagic aoe spam from 100% to 0% on acucex) until I got shard A and metal A. Plate A with casting haste on myself at device A.

Killed a bunch of leeches and hecteyes along the way. Made my way back to Ghatjot....and he stomped me. Auto's for 1K in full DT gear. Clobbering Wave for 3.5k....this was all with Expiacion spam (no SCs). Frustrating..
 Asura.Schroe
By Asura.Schroe 2022-08-20 22:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

i've been consistently getting both the metal and shard (in section A) by nuking on BLU and usually killing them off with tenebral or subduction. so i'm not convinced you have to kill them with the element they are weak to.
I tried elements they were not weak to. Tried multiple kills with every element. Killed about 30 mobs with pure magic and gave up on the metal and meleed other stuff to get some muffins before I timed out.
 Asura.Eko
user: eko331
By Asura.Eko 2022-08-20 22:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

When you guys are getting the Metal for A, are you just pulling a bunch of mobs and AoEing on BLU from 100% to 0%? and trying to get both chests at once?

We tried to kill mobs using all 8 different elements of BLU nukes today, and we cleared all of A zone, and werent able to get the Metal
By Guyford 2022-08-20 22:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Got red chest from Bhoot today, no idea how. Was the only mob we killed in C, had wasted some time killing a bunch of earth and dark eles trying to get chests before porxie but only got shard before deciding to move on.

Killed bhoot with a series of light/fusion scs from shun spam and expiacions thrown in. Bursted a katon and raiton san, was not expecting chest, had done 0 objectives in C.
By Chimerawizard 2022-08-20 23:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eko said: »
When you guys are getting the Metal for A, are you just pulling a bunch of mobs and AoEing on BLU from 100% to 0%? and trying to get both chests at once?

We tried to kill mobs using all 8 different elements of BLU nukes today, and we cleared all of A zone, and werent able to get the Metal
yes, but limiting max nuke dmg to <20k if possible.
I failed that and killed 3 acuex earlier today with some Flow nukes doing like 30k and didn't see the chest #3, swapped with the next batch of acuex's and saw casket #1 & Chest #3. had to move camp and cleave a group of leeches after to get the chest #4 to spawn.
By drakefs 2022-08-21 00:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
Asura.Eko said: »

yes, but limiting max nuke dmg to <20k if possible.
I failed that and killed 3 acuex earlier today with some Flow nukes doing like 30k and didn't see the chest #3, swapped with the next batch of acuex's and saw casket #1 & Chest #3. had to move camp and cleave a group of leeches after to get the chest #4 to spawn.

I Just AE down 5+ acuexs (which nets me 2 chest) and then 5+ leeches which gets me the missing chest. I do try to kill with spectral flow on both.
By SimonSes 2022-08-21 00:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Guyford said: »
Got red chest from Bhoot today, no idea how. Was the only mob we killed in C, had wasted some time killing a bunch of earth and dark eles trying to get chests before porxie but only got shard before deciding to move on.

Killed bhoot with a series of light/fusion scs from shun spam and expiacions thrown in. Bursted a katon and raiton san, was not expecting chest, had done 0 objectives in C.

When you try to report things like that, it would be nice to report what day it was too. Maybe you need element of a day on skillchain or magic burst.
 Fenrir.Positron
Server: Fenrir
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2022-08-21 01:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

On elementals today we got the Shard (#B3) on our 3rd magic WS kill, which was also our 5th total WS kill. Got Metal (#B4) on 7th magic WS kill, which was also 10th total WS kill. I think it's possible it's just 5 and 10 WS kills, respectively. If people have VODs/logs, I'd be interested to see them.
By Dukie585 2022-08-21 01:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

We killed Skomora for the first time today (C boss) and he dropped a Sapphire directly to each person in the group.

I haven't seen anyone else confirm this, but I also saw someone post a JP video of a kill and they all got Sapphires direct drop as well. Linked below.

I updated the wiki but put "needs verification".... we plan to kill him again tomorrow.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Fenrir.Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2022-08-21 01:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

LS member just got confirmation that you do not need to be in range of chests, when they pop or when they are opened, to get rewards. This rumor has persisted since the day Sortie came out (and affected how we route our runs) so I figured it's worth posting about it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-08-21 01:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Physical items like earring boxes, plates, and keys get dropped into your inventory no matter where you are in zone. I think you need to be in experience range to get muffins from the boxes though. Several of our members weren't in exp range a few times and reported not getting muffins when the rest of us did from opening boxes.
 Fenrir.Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2022-08-21 01:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Physical items like earring boxes, plates, and keys get dropped into your inventory no matter where you are in zone. I think you need to be in experience range to get muffins from the boxes though. Several of our members weren't in exp range a few times and reported not getting muffins when the rest of us did from opening boxes.

They checked that as well and did receive Gallimaufry from the chest at Device #B despite being at the Acuex camp near the start point.
[+]
 Sylph.Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2022-08-21 01:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »

Rewards from Boss aren't granted to people who did not port to the Boss Area due to not having a Shard. Whether you still get rewards for not being there but holding a shard when it dies I can't say.
 Odin.Bangla
Server: Odin
user: Ceal
By Odin.Bangla 2022-08-21 02:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a few A objectives (door, resting, plate, obdella). Then did magic kills via SCH selfskillchaining and MBing with Blizzard on Acuex, got both Metal and Shard within a couple of kills. First one dropped after 5 kills, closely followed by the other.

Did not kill anything else in A, fought the A boss without any difficulty spamming Savage Blade until BRD created Distortion using Mordant Rime at which point it killed the DD one by one.
Was able to kite it and raise up people and SB it down without any difficulty again.

It didn’t spam any tp moves at all until Distortion happened. After killing the DD it became easy again.

Setup was War, Mnk, Cor, Brd, Sch, Whm
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-08-21 02:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

By the way, the gate to the bosses close once someone in the party aggros the boss. We had the idea of having the tank pull back the boss to the corridor, and we were all locked out of participating in the boss. Keep that in mind when pulling, everyone has to be inside the door when the boss is pulled, or you're locked out until it's killed. (you guys probably already knew this but I had no idea).
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 150 151 152